He's a Cheater ✔️

thewisenightowl által

Their love story was the definition of perfect. At least, in Mary's eyes. Jake was a sweet and caring person... Több

Mary
Emma
Lily
Janie
Samantha
Julie
Announcement
not-an-update
1 - DRAFT TWO
2 - DRAFT TWO
3 - DRAFT TWO
4 - DRAFT TWO
Epilogue
Other Stories

1. mary

6.8K 104 2
thewisenightowl által

heyyyy everyone!!!! WE REACHED 1.5 K VOTES!!! I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but to me it means everything. Thank you so much :)))). As a special Surprise, I wanted to give you guys a little insight into Mary's life after she broke up with Jake. I hope you guys enjoy (and if you do please comment, vote, and share the story)!!!
➸➸➸

It was my first day back in my home city, and I was already running late. I was supposed to be at the gallery by seven, but between the dysfunctional subway system and conglomerating foot traffic, it was already fifteen minutes past the time I should've been there.

Oops?

I pushed past a couple more people as I tried to claw my way to the appropriate street, earning none of the nasty glares I had come to expect from my sojourns in Europe. Damn, how I missed New Yorkers.

I was a few feet away from the entrance of my location when I nearly faceplanted into the cement beneath me.

"Shit. Sorry," I heard a deep mutter, as I managed to find my stability again.

"It's cool," my voice rung out, caught between angry honks (of people and cars alike) and the buzz of conversation. I managed to find his face even in my flurry of rushed motions, my eyes following the soft edges of his black hair to his defined jawline dotted with stubble. I was staring. I needed to stop staring.

"The name's Alexander Windsor, if you were wondering," he offered up, and even though I knew the seconds I was wasting with him were turning into long minutes, I couldn't help but stay.

"Mine is Mary Williams. Not nearly as beautiful as yours," I laughed, stray pedestrians pushing my body closer to Alexander's.

"It's okay. You make up for it." It took me a moment to realize what he meant, but once it struck me that he was complimenting me, red littered across my cheeks.

"Thank you. You're not to shabby yourself," I smirked, watching a cocky grin light up his face.

"Want to grab coffee?" he suggested, and I almost found myself saying yes, even though I was already more than a couple minutes late to my commitment.

"I wish. I'm actually already late for an appointment," I sighed, pursing my lips as I slipped my phone out. "Trade numbers?"

"I'd love to," he answered, a chuckled ending his words with a soft melodic sound. He pressed his phone into my hand and took mine into his, and with the quick swipe of a few numbers he and I were perpetually linked. That is, until one of us deleted each other's contact. Or broke our phone. Or —

"I'll see you around," he smiled, a wide hopeful grin that brightened the blue of his eyes, "Mary."

"I hope so, Alexander." We parted ways, and it was then I realized how long our encounter had actually taken and that I was incredibly late now. I rushed into the gallery quickly, preparing an apologetic smile on my face for the client I was supposed to meet. I hadn't even reached inside the assigned room before my phone rung, it's shrill voice cutting through the silence in the gallery.

Alex ;)
dinner tonight?

I responded, knowing whoever was waiting for me was probably seething by now.

Mary
i'd like that

I finally entered the room I was supposed to an entire 21 minutes ago, pocketing my now silenced phone. An immaculate woman was seated on the newly purchased leather seat, her foot shifting with a called-for impatience.

"Hello, I'm terribly sorry I'm this late," I called out, closing the door behind me quietly. I stuck out a welcoming hand, paired with an equally welcoming smile, introducing myself: "I'm Mary Williams."

"No worries, I wasn't waiting long," she replied, her lips curling to reveal a set of perfect teeth. "I'm Vera Windsor."

"Windsor?" I paused, my eyes noticing the similar facial structure and blue eyes of Vera and Alexander. "I think I just met your brother outside."

"Alexander? What a coincidence," she laughed, and it was infectious enough to convince me to join within seconds.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

50.1K 1.3K 27
I don't just write Fan Fiction!! I wrote this story back in 2016. It was my first attempt at an original story. Despite the lack of editing, I am pro...
4.4K 772 42
This is a story about how Lia and Sam who are madly in love fight against their problems obstacles, trust issues, insecurities, ego and so on. Life g...
3.6K 135 10
On an island so well hidden that no one knew about, lived a girl. Born from parents that was ship wrecked and left to be alone at the age of ten. Lil...
93K 1.4K 29
Love is a scary thing. Life is a crazy ride. Mary is Austin Mahone's bestfriend. She has watched him play girls, and knows his every trick. What happ...