Unshackling the King (The Dra...

By CblaRae00

"Yes, I am!!!" Kaede leans down to her ear his hot breath tickling her cheek in a tantalizing way, as swoopin... More

Introduction
Chapter One: Fire From Within
Chapter two: The golden eyed man
Chapter three: coffee and goodbyes
Chapter four: The blasted rock
Chapter Five: A new friend
Chapter six: surfing and burning flesh
Chapter Seven: A Lizard?
Chapter Eight: The Telepathic Dragon
Chapter Nine: Sweet Chocolate Delight
Chapter Ten: Mother of Four
Chapter Eleven: The Viman Princess
Chapter twelve: The School
Chapter thirteen: Petticoats, corsets, and dresses oh my
Chapter fourteen: One Arse-Headed Bodyguard
Chapter fifteen: oh gee, another relative
Chapter sixteen: Mr. Habla Mucho
Chapter seventeen: Lost in Airedale
Chapter Eighteen: Caught in the shadows
Chapter Nineteen: The massacre within the Leather Bag
Chapter twenty: A lady in trousers
Chapter Twenty-one: The not-so Innocent Captive
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Departed Fiery Tendrils
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Uninvited Party Guest
Chapter Twenty-Four: Sweet Salivating Steamed Pudding
Chapter Twenty-Five: Paddling over Flesh Eating Monsters
Chapter Twenty-Six: Swimming with the Crocs
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Intelligent Horned Beasts
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Attack of the Devilish Bugs
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Giants in Pampers
Chapter Thirty: The Entrance to the Feathery Lair
Chapter Thirty-One: Adar Shish Kebab
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Dancing Dragons
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Castle of Valen
Chapter Thirty-Four: Her Un-Welcomed Visitor
Chapter Thirty-Five: A Wretchedly Stunning New Relative
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Bloody Message
Chapter Thirty-Seven: In Search of a Guilty Culprit
Chapter Thirty-Eight: A Race out From the Gloom
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Persuasion at it's Finest
Chapter Forty: Missing in the Night
Chapter Forty-One: The Golden Scaled King
Chapter Forty-Two: A Battle of Spoons
Chapter Forty-Three: Living a Nightmare
Chapter Forty-Four: Ballroom Prance
Chapter Forty-Five: Fiery Passion
Chapter Forty-Six: Seized Within
New UPDATE!! The Sequel!!
More News!!

Chapter Forty-Seven: Hasty Goodbyes

3.9K 162 53
By CblaRae00

~ Two weeks later. ~

Beads of dying sunlight warmed Emoriah's toes, as she wiggled them freely in the air.

No tight silken slippers!

No thick wool socks!!

Her feet were free at last!!!

Emoriah breathed in the fresh sweet air, with a small smile on her face. The soft lush grass around her stood erected and unbending reminding her of a certain cold man she had yet to corner.

She had tried to capture that tosser for two weeks!! But somehow, he had always kept his towering frame hidden from her eye. It's as if he's..avoiding her.

Blast!! But what reason could he have!! She had thought he was ordered to guard her innocent little self!! Not hideaway in the shadows.

Emoriah ran her nimble fingers through the tangled short mess of her hair, before looking up towards the sky in irritation. A spread of light pinks and bright oranges streaked the clouds above, as the hot sun began to sink towards the horizon.

Well, she would just have to pull another fantastic idea from that inquisitive mind of hers! Because her patience was dwindling to nonexistent.

Emoriah stretched her back against the soft grass, with a yawn approaching fast. Though it was only minutes away from six in the evening a humid heat clung to the air and seeped through her blasted dress. Emoriah scrunched her nose in disgust as she felt diminutive drops of sweat drip down her back.

Oh, how she wished for a pair of trousers!!

But instead, she was held captive within this wretched thick gown that clung to her legs like molasses!!

Beside Emoriah sprawled just as identically against the cool crunch of the grass laid Willow. A fierce friendship had grown between the two, over the past weeks. Perhaps it was how their personalities had clinked instantly those many months ago. Or maybe of a certain understanding of losing their mother to death. Whatever the reasoning Emoriah was relieved to have met the sweet girl beside her.

"Do they bite?" Willow soft voice whispered, pulling Emoriah from her thoughts.

Emoriah spotted the widened green eyes of her friend, as Willow watched her dragons flutter and zip around them.

Only if provoked. Asita crooned, across her mind.

Stop that.

Stop what?

Emoriah rolled her eyes, as she watched her raven scaled dragon peer down on them eerily.

Smiling. You're scaring my friend.

Asita fluttered her leathery black wings against the wind, as she landed elegantly on Emoriah's stomach.

Friend? I spot no friend.

Emoriah swatted the little beasties head before a scowl grew on her lips.

Asita!

As you wish, master. Asita snipped, sarcastically, before scurrying across Emoriah's gown with her sharp talons.

Emoriah felt a snort of amusement arise in her chest, as a frightened expression grew on Willow's fair face. Feeling the need to ease the girl's fears Emoriah snatched her devilish creature between her palms and held the raven dragon towards Willow's frozen frame.

"Willow, may I introduce my first and most sneaky little fiend, Asita the raven dragon." Emoriah exclaimed dramatically, before instantly earning a sharp pain on her thumb.

Oi! Keep your teeth to yourself!

My bad. Asita sang, before smiling innocently.

Willow timidly raised her slender hand up towards the beast's scaled head before stroking Asita softly.

"Oh! He's wonderful." Willow cried out, as she rubbed the leathery scales of Asita's neck.

Uh oh.

He?! Maybe I ought to talk to this friend of yours and teach her a lesson. Asita growled out, as she flapped her wings indignantly. A morsel of a finger should do it!!

Emoriah squeezed Asita's warm frame warningly, before releasing her into the air. "Ah, yes. What a sweetheart."

The golden glow of the sunset sent a magnificent shine to Willow's long blonde mane, as she leaned closer. "Oh, how my father would have a fit if he saw me now."

Emoriah chortled bemusedly as Lorde Marwick's stern face appeared in her mind, though he seemed to have looked far redder in the face.

But honestly, how could Willow's father not allow her to go to school?

Ah, that's right! He was a certain form of an uppity male leader, who of course must keep his views perfectly indistinguishable to other males' opinions. Such as.... men were simply much smarter and stronger than women. Woman were only known as too foolish and simpleminded. And pray to Salvador that their emotions will stay intact! So why would they welcome such an empty-headed species such as woman into their school? The mere thought is silly indeed.

Silly her arse!!

She will show all of those chauvinist's brutes!!

"Oh no! Emoriah I'm late." Willow stated suddenly, as she jumped to feet. "I was supposed to meet my father before supper!" Willow tittered clumsily, before slipping into her soft satin slippers.

Emoriah had to hide the amused smile that had grown on her face, as she spotted a rather cumbersome wrinkle on the back of Willow's lavender gown.

Oh dear. That would do her no good.

Standing to her feet Emoriah assisted Willows frantic hands, as she swept the wrinkles and blades of grass from her dress. Once finished Willow clutched Emoriah's hands between her own and thanked her profusely. Laughing Emoriah watched as her bumbling friend tripped over the air and any other deceiving wicked object in her way, before disappearing from her sight.

..

Blast!! Where had she put it!! Emoriah thought, she opened her massive wardrobe with a deranged gleam in her eye.

Seconds later a massacre of gowns and petticoats littered the floor around Emoriah's frame. Though that did nothing to stop her as she still yanked and snatched items from her closet like a frantic badger.

No no no!!

It had to be here!

It just had to be.

A sharp knock at her door startled her from her red haze, but it wasn't until she set sights behind her that she felt her heart somersault down towards her feet.

Bloody hel...

"Am I interrupting something?" Kaede demanded, in an icy tone only he could accomplish.

Emoriah blinked stupidly in his direction, as her eyes slowly took in her intruder. Dark curly hair fell loosely across his brow mounting against his sharp and marbled chiseled jaw. Emoriah inhaled sharply as her eyes met his illuminating stormy gaze that seemed to have always sent her mind reeling. A soft impatient tapping from his scuffed boots instantly broke Emoriah from her stupor.

Blast!! Did he say something?!

"Were you searching for this?" Kaede uttered curtly, before lifting his hand in her direction.

Hanging from his palm burning a fiery red rested her necklace.

He stole it!!

Thieving twat!!

Snatching it from his hand Emoriah clutched it tightly against her fingers relishing the sudden calmness that oozed into her bloodstream.  "Did you take it?!"

"No," Kaede uttered, incredulously. 

"Then where did you find it?" Emoriah scrunched her eyes up towards him suspiciously.

"At your dresser, where else would such fatuous items lay?" Kaede uttered with slight irritation. 

Perhaps he is right, why would he steal her necklace?

Unless.....he was planning to choke her with it!!

"I'm leaving," Kaede spoke, abruptly.

"Pardon?"

A dark unamused expression clouded over Kaede's features. "I'm departing tomorrow."

What was he saying?

He was leaving.... tomorrow?

Crikey! He couldn't leave her!! She was finally accepting his ignorant arse!!

"Why? Did I do something wrong? Do you despise me that much?" Emoriah exclaimed, surprised at the amount of hurt in her chest. Avoiding his gaze Emoriah waited for his curt answer with bated breath.

"No, you did nothing wrong," Kaede said, after a pause of silence. "I'm not leaving because of you."

Emoriah exhaled loudly through her nose, before fighting the massive grin that itched at the corner of her lips. "Then why are you leaving?"

A cold silence answered her whispered question.

Ah, what a surprise. 

"Why won't you tell me?" Emoriah grumbled out.

"Because...."Kaede whispered sharply, as he began to stride powerfully towards her boney frame. "You are the most reckless." Kaede breathed heatedly. "Idiotic...." Emoriah felt her heart stop as he leaned his face only inches away from hers. "And beyond persistent child, I've ever met," Kaede uttered coolly.

Emoriah shivered as felt his hot breath brush against her brow.

Blimey, where had her tongue disappeared to?

She should be cursing this wanker high and low! But no instead she wanted to grab his thick cloak and tug him closer....no push him out of her room!

"You see, Emoriah," Kaede uttered from above. "I would be a fool to tell you where I was going."

Emoriah finally snapped her gaze up from the marble floor to clash against the icy blizzard swirling within his eyes.

She couldn't believe it.

"You think I'll follow you?"

"Yes."

Emoriah didn't need to hear the very words from his lips, the clear blankness of his expression was a true give away.

Bah! He had the galls to think she would follow after him? Like any girl besotted desperately and entirely in love?!

Hah! And he thought she was the fool!

"Well, you're wrong! Go on your blasted adventure! Fight some demented pirates. I won't have a care in the world." Emoriah huffed confidently, as she crossed her lanky arms across her waist.

Kaede eyed her suspiciously for a second, before finally moving his towering frame a further step back. Silence sat between them, as they both examined each other.

He was leaving.

He was truly leaving.

As Kaede turned to depart out from her chamber Emoriah grabbed at his sleeve, before she could even comprehend her actions.

"Kaede." She didn't know if it was the soft tone in her voice or the worry that laid beneath her words, but he stopped just below her archway.

"Yes?"

Emoriah suddenly felt it hard to suck in air through her lungs, as she struggled to get her next words out past her lips. "You will return, won't you?"

Bloody hell! She sounded like a blasted ninny!!

A sharp pinch at her chin startled her mind, as Kaede gripped it between his warm fingers. "Who else can keep you safer than I?"

Emoriah began to feel herself drown within the many layers of his dark blue pools before his deep curt voice pulled her out.

"Goodbye, for now, little flame."

Emoriah opened her mouth to reply, but the blasted boy had already stridden out from her chamber. Leaving her with a slight blush upon her pale cheeks and a hammering heart beating within her chest.

Oh, blast!!

..

Emoriah closed her eyes in delight the moment the sweet chocolate invaded her senses.

How could one piece of this morsel leave a girl crooning for more?

Emoriah smacked her lips noisily, before sinking her teeth into another piece.

Sweet heavens of mercy! This was utter bliss!!

But why did she feel so doomed and could she even say...depressed?

A pair of icy eyes made way into her mind instantly souring her ecstatic mood.

Ah, buggers...

Blast her wretched heart!!

A soft nuzzle against her neck interrupted her train of dismayed thoughts, as her dragons began to purr gently against her skin. Emoriah rubbed the hot scarlet scales of Shula's back, while Asita and Amos curled into her side for a snooze.

Perhaps this was the change she truly needed.

Before Emoriah sank her lips onto another delectable chocolaty treat, her eyes spotted the familiar iridescent shine of her three remaining dragons' eggs out of the corner of her eye. New hope pulsed within her body and brought out a comfort she hadn't experienced in weeks.

Or mayhap it was time....to extend her little "beastie" family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

La fine!!!!

That's the final chapter ladies and gentlemen!!

Thank you all, for that lovely and wild adventure.

I want to give special love and thanks to my dear sisters, who have been my number one supporters since day one. I honestly wouldn't have written this story without you two;))

I also want to give a little shoutout to @harm1J. Thank you so much, for all of the hilarious and sweet comments you posted on my story >3

Now, folks, there will be a second book I can promise you that!! But while your waiting relax and grab yourself a bar of chocolate. Because Emoriah's story is far from being over.

Also !! I want to know what characters you would like to see again in the second book. And if you would like the next book to be written in first person. So please write your thoughts down below!!

Until next time;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 2.8K 49
Tiffany Cotton was not who she said she was. The peculiar woman had shown up in Ravensfield one night, wielding a pistol with a familiarity that odd...
24.1K 1.1K 106
The first time she saw him, he was surrounded by flames. She couldn't clearly see his eyes, but his gaze burned every part of her skin it lingered on...
170K 9.3K 84
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains mature and explicit content. Reader's discretion is advised. ~~~~~~~~ "Father!!!" Asha woke up with her eyes wide a...
123K 6.9K 56
Highest ranking :- # 2 Fantasy (9/05/16) "Now please tell me the truth. Tell me who I am." I asked. He put those bags on one corner of the room and s...