Bird Set Free | Natasha Roman...

By -candeilers

"Clipped wings, I was a broken thing Had a voice, had a voice but I could not sing You would wind me down I s... More

Prologue
ACT ONE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
ACT TWO
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
ACT THREE
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
ACT FOUR
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
ACT FIVE
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
ACT SIX
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Epilogue
Author's Note

BIRD SET FREE

58K 860 511
By -candeilers

"Clipped wings, I was a broken thing

Had a voice, had a voice but I could not sing

You would wind me down

I struggled on the ground"

- bird set free, sia

AQUILA CADMAN HAD changed her identity more times that she would care to admit. Ever since the age of twelve, she has been running from her past, often spending many a night at the bottom of a bottle doing anything to forget the horrors of her past.

SHE WAS NAMED after the constellation of the eagle, but these days she doesn't feel like soaring through the skies. Almost like if she did, she would crash and burn.

SHE USED TO be a warrior defending her country against enemy threats despite her young age, but shortly after being gifted the ability to transform into an eagle at will, she was forever running.

THERE SEEMED TO be no end to the tunnel of despair that was until a woman with bright red hair and piercing green eyes managed to track her down and attempts to recruit her into the Avengers Initiative.

AQUILA IS FINALLY forced to stop running and confront her past. The very thought terrifies her. However, with the help of one Natasha Romanoff, a woman also running from the horrors of her past, Aquila could be a bird set free once again. 

"The horrors of someone's past

Does not define their future."

playlist:

i. bird set free - sia, ii. here i am - tommee profitt, iii. legends never die - league of legends, iv. gasoline - halsey, v. girls like girls - hayley kiyoko, vi. just a girl - no doubt, vii. ashes - celine dion, viii. wreak havoc - skylar grey, viii. confident - demi lovato, ix. whatever it takes - imagine dragons, x. i kissed a girl - katy perry, xi. girls/girls/boys - panic! at the disco, xii. new romantics - taylor swift, xiii tequila - dan + shay, ixx. jar of hearts - christina perri.

starring:

alicia vikander as aquila cadman

scarlett johansson as natasha romanoff

the mcu cast as their respective characters

disclaimer: 

I do not own the rights to Marvel. The rights all belong to the MCU as well as characters belong to Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. 

Mild swearing, violence, some mature themes and of course spoilers ahead. If any themes or opinions in this book upset you in any way, feel free to message me or just don't read the book.

All ideas, my OC and any new plotlines in this book belong to me, if you wish to write a book similar of with any new plotlines feel free to ask me. 

notes:

This book is a part of the Twists of Fate series.

This book takes place from the first Avengers movie to Avengers Endgame. 

This is my first time writing Marvel fanfiction, so please bear with me if I make any mistakes and feel free to kindly point them out in the comments. 

first published: 13/06/2019

completed: 13/02/2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

629K 19.7K 70
𝙄𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙖𝙙𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙗𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙮. [Natash...
97.6K 3.6K 98
"𝐈𝐟 𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐨...
160K 3.5K 56
Thor x fem!reader ⚠️CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH EDITING⚠️ She kept her powers hidden for most of her life, being born with a genetic mutation - as her da...
32.6K 795 21
You had just recently moved to America from the UK for a fresh start since your family and most of your friends hated you. It wasn't your fault; you...