Werewolves & Where to Find Th...

By candyeager

𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„ π†π”πˆπƒπ„ ⏀ In which we unravel the secrets and mysteries of the supernatural creatu... More

𝐈. π–π„π‘π„π–πŽπ‹π…
𝐈𝐈. πŒπ˜π“π‡πŽπ‹πŽπ†π˜
𝐈𝐈𝐈. π‚π‡π€π‘π€π‚π“π„π‘πˆπ’π“πˆπ‚π’
πˆπ•. π“π˜ππ„π’
𝐕. 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 ππ‹πŽπŽπƒ
π•πˆ. ππŽπ–π„π‘ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π€ππˆπ‹πˆπ“πˆπ„π’
π•πˆπˆ. π–π„π€πŠππ„π’π’π„π’
π•πˆπˆπˆ. π’πˆπ‹π•π„π‘ 𝐕𝐒 π–π„π‘π„π–πŽπ‹π•π„π’
πˆπ—. π–πŽπ‹π…π’ππ€ππ„ 𝐕𝐒 π–π„π‘π„π–πŽπ‹π•π„π’
𝐗. 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄 𝐕𝐒 π–π„π‘π„π–πŽπ‹π•π„π’
π—πˆ. 𝐏𝐔𝐏𝐒
π—πˆπˆ. ππ”ππ„π‘π“π˜
π—πˆπˆπˆ. πŒπ€π“π„π’
π—πˆπ•. πŒπ€π“πˆππ† π‘πˆπ“π”π€π‹
𝐗𝐕. ππ‘π„π„πƒπˆππ†
π—π•πˆ. π‚π€π‹π‹πˆππ†π’
π—π•πˆπˆ. ππ€π‚πŠπ’
π—π•πˆπˆπˆ. ππ€π‚πŠ π‡πˆπ„π‘π€π‘π‚π‡π˜ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 πŽππ„
π—πˆπ—. ππ€π‚πŠ π‡πˆπ„π‘π€π‘π‚π‡π˜ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 π“π–πŽ
𝐗𝐗. 𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐄, π†πŽπƒπƒπ„π’π’ πŽπ… 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍
π—π—πˆπˆ. 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 π“π–πŽ

π—π—πˆ. 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 πŽππ„

1.3K 20 8
By candyeager

Angel

Angels are powerful celestial beings of light. They are responsible for maintaining Heaven and guarding the souls of righteous humans. They power Heaven, and they are imbued with considerable power at their full potential. Angels also have connections to Prophets. Angels are one of the most powerful entities in the series, generally outclassing most demons, monsters, ghosts, and other supernatural creatures with few exceptions.

As warriors of God and agents of fate, angels are mighty beings in the supernatural world. They are superhuman beings superior to mortals in both power and intelligence. Their primary spiritual forms or visages prove overwhelming to most mortals. However, some 'special' people can view their true visages without suffering lasting effects; demons also can't look at them in their proper form without damaging their hosts.

Banshee

A banshee is a ghost or fairy from Irish and Scottish folklore. Depicted as a messenger from the realm of the dead, it takes the form of a human woman when it enters the mortal plane. It emits a shrill cry of lamentation when a person is about to die, alerting the dying individual's family of their imminent passing.

The Banshee is also known to wash the bloodstains from clothes, an omen of death. Banshees are seen in three forms: a young, beautiful woman, a matronly figure or a distressed hag. Banshees are frequently described as dressed in white or grey, often having long, pale hair, which they brush with a silver comb.

Demon

Demons are servants of Lucifer who follow his plan as both his emissaries and torturers of the souls in Hell. Demons are created from the accumulated misery and darkness born from the destruction of human souls. They are universally malign and immoral in their actions and dealings. Incapable of love or compassion, these beasts seduce and manipulate humans to fulfil what they believe is Lucifer's grand plan. In truth, most demons only serve the will of a demon prince.

As disembodied spirits, demons require human vessels to walk naturally upon the Earth. Monsters need that the humans will be broken or weakened somehow. As such, demons will whisper and taunt a potential vessel into docility and emotional instability to secure their possession.

Dwarf

A dwarf is a humanoid creature originating from Germanic mythology. They are short, stout beings that dwell underground and within mountains. They look very similar to humans, but they only stand at half the average human height. Their faces are usually hidden behind thick, bushy beards; even dwarven females grow beards and telling the genders apart can be tricky since both appear and behave similarly.

Dwarves are famed for their industry. As creatures of the earth, their livelihood comes primarily from mining precious minerals and performing incredible feats of engineering and stoneworking. They possess great strength and do not tire as quickly as humans. Their lives are spent primarily underground, having hardened them into perfect labourers and warriors.

Elf

An elf is a type of supernatural being in Germanic mythology and folklore. Early elves, whose description depends almost entirely on Norse mythological texts, were a race of beings with magical skills, ambivalent towards humans and neither inclined towards helping or hindering them. But Christianized societies were viewing elves in an increasingly sinister light.

Old English medical books in Anglo-Saxon England as early as the 10th century attests to elves afflicting humans and livestock by "elf-shots." The German elf or alp was seen as an "addler" of people in medical books. Still, already in the High Middle Ages, there were prayers warding against it as the agent causing nightmares, and eventually, for the alp, its identity as nightmare spirits became predominant. In English literature of the Elizabethan era, "elves" became conflated with the "fairy" of Romance culture, so the two terms began to be used interchangeably. Romanticist writers were influenced by this (mainly Shakespearean) notion of the "elf" and re-imported the word elf in that context into the German language.

Fairy

Fairies are legendary spirit creatures that possess great magical powers. They are commonly depicted as tiny humanoid creatures with insect or butterfly wings on their backs; they are said to dwell primarily in woodland areas and dress in garments made from plants. Folklore on fairies can differ significantly between regions. Many tales describe them as a timid race that went into hiding as humankind's presence expanded across the world. Others still have depicted fairies as demons or fallen angels that are not evil enough to warrant banishment to Hell.

Fairies have sometimes been regarded as wicked, fearsome creatures, but they are more often described as good-natured, if somewhat mischievous. While they usually hide from humans, they have been known to aid them in certain instances. For example, a human might be lost in the forest, and a fairy will help guide him to safety, or a fairy might happen upon an injured human and use its magic to heal them. Fairies do not like being thanked for their good deeds, at least not with words. Instead, they prefer to be given something significant to the person they have helped, ensuring that the good deed will always be remembered.

Genie

Genies are mythical beings which are deeply rooted in Indian and Islamic religions. They sometimes look similar to humans, though it is said that they most often appear as wisps of smoke. In many works of fiction, genies are found by mortals to be inhabiting inanimate objects such as bottles or oil lamps. If a human disturbs said object, they will release the genie within. The natures of genies can differ significantly, ranging between benevolent and subservient to vicious and deceiving.

A generalization of genies in many stories is that they become servants to humans that release them from their vessels, using their great magical powers to grant the wishes of whoever they recognize as their masters. However, according to Muslim beliefs, genies have free will, so it seems that it would be up to the genie to decide whether or not to serve a mortal. Many works of fiction do not take the full details of mythology into account, describing genies as only being partially capable of acting on their own or not at all unless a master releases the genie from his service.

Ghost

A ghost is the spirit of a dead person or animal that remains on the mortal plane instead of passing on into the afterlife. It exists between life and death, unable to pass on to the next world and forced to remain anchored to the physical plane, though it cannot necessarily interact with the world around it. Ghosts are still widely believed in today, and it is commonly accepted that they stay behind in the mortal realm because they have some form of unfinished business that must be resolved before the spirit can be put to rest.

Ghoul

A ghoul is a foul, undead creature that originates from Arabian folklore. Described as a type of demon and even genie, these monsters are said to dwell in graveyards and other uninhabited areas. According to legend, they are crafty shapeshifters and take on the forms of animals to lure unwary people into their territory so that they may devour them.

Ghouls have appeared in many famous cultural works, including video games, literature, and films. Due to their nature of feeding on human flesh and lingering in graveyards, ghouls have sometimes been misconceived as being related to vampires or zombies.

Gnome

A gnome is a diminutive spirit in Renaissance magic and alchemy, first introduced by Paracelsus in the 16th Century and later adopted by more recent authors, including those of modern fantasy literature. Its characteristics have been reinterpreted to suit the needs of various storytellers, but it is typically said to be a small, humanoid creature that lives underground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113 1 7
Just a regular Wolf story ( or is it )
757 22 18
This is where I confusingly ramble on and on about Werewolves, but somehow it makes sense. All nerds welcome. This is a safe space, this is a ✨nerd✨...
3.1K 450 27
Wolves. They've lived in Brooklyn Woods for as long as Willow can remember. She was always enchanted by them, the sincere gaze they always held. But...
21.6K 1K 28
A compendium of supernatural creatures.