Promise me! (KatsuDeku)

By DramaKelly

The League of Villains attacks UA High, leaving great consequences. More specifically, they turn certain indi... More

Chapter 1 - Downsized
Chapter 2 - Lost
Chapter 3 - Play Time
Chapter 4 - Wonder Duo
Chapter 5 - Letter
Chapter 6 - Confessions
Chapter 7 - Comfort
Chapter 8 - Date
Chapter 9 - Exposed
Chapter 11 - All For One
Chapter 12 - Taken
Chapter 13 - Intel
Chapter 14 - Rescue
Chapter 15 - Recovery
Chapter 16 - Execution
Sequel
10K special
50K SPECIAL

Chapter 10 - Final Wish

19.4K 746 570
By DramaKelly

The morning classes were spend behind desks, like always. Midoriya found it interesting to learn about all the aspects of being a hero, not only the fighting. Others in class however... Well, they couldn't wait until they'd be out in the training field with All Might. He always teached on mondays, which made the day a little more bearable.

"Oh yes, before I forget-" Aizawa stated 5 minutes before the bell rang.
"All Might will be later this afternoon due to circumstances. He expects you to warm up and go over the excersises you did last time on your own until he gets there, okay?"

"What is more important than our education?" Iidia asked, his hand raised high up in the air. Izuku had a feeling where this was going and bit his lip.
"As you all know All For One is sentenced to death. Today he will announce his final wish" Aizawa answered. And Midoriya was right... All Might had gone to visit his father and hear his final wish...

Izuku knew about All For One's dead sentence but he didn't really know how to feel about it. Surely he hated the man with his whole being but he was still his father. Even if he was never there for him. Even if he was a super villain, a man he was destined to fight. It must be hard on his mom as well. She'd loved that man years ago, married him, had a son with him. To hear he was going to die came as a shock to their family...

"That maniac gets a final wish?! They should just kill him already!"

Deku turned around to see who had yelled it but couldn't find the source anywhere since the class erupted into shouts and claims.
"Silence! I know you're all dying to know, but it's not even certain his final wish shall be made public. It all depends on the situation, alright? Class dismissed"

Right in that moment the sound of the schoolbell rang through the hall, making everyone pack up their stuff. Midoriya kept still for a while, just staring at the desk beneath him. What would his father wish for?

"Oi Deku, you okay?"

His head shot up to meet the eyes of Kacchan, staring at him with concern.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine! Just thinking" he said with a forced smile and started packing up. Bakugou hummed, knowing Izuku was involved with All For One through his own quirk. All Might's biggest enemy...

If only he knew what kind of deeper connection those two held... That his boyfriend was actually the son of that monster. Would Katsuki still look at him the same way? No, probably not... Shivers ran down Midoriya's spine as he tried to shake off this feeling. The feeling something terrible was about to happen.

"Are you sure you're all right? Not getting sick or something?" Kacchan asked.
"N-no, nothing like that. Just... All For One, you know? I wonder what he'll wish for"
"Other than his freedom and his life?" Bakugou snorted.
"Probably something dumb like, I don't know, see All Might fall or something"
"But All Might has already fallen... Well, in his eyes at least" Deku stated.

"I meant to say see All Might die" Kacchan corrected himself.
"He probably wants his greatest enemy to suffer the same fate, right?"
"Yes, but that's against the rules you know" Izuku said.
"You can't wish for freedom or freedom of other criminals, neither make someone else commit a crime"

"How is it you know so much about this stuff?" Bakugou asked, raising a brow.
"I-I don't know, I-I must've r-read it s-somew-where" Deku stuttered, looking away.
"C-come on, let's go sit with Iidia and Uraraka!"
Kacchan followed along without really saying anything.

People gave them some weird looks but that was mostly because they couldn't believe they were together of all people. Deku avoided any conversation about All For One or anywhere near it. Bakugou thought it was suspicious since Deku is mostly all over this shit with his analyses and muttering. But now? Nothing. It made the blond worried.

Even when they were training he seemed distracted. His head somewhere else. But that all changed the moment All Might showed up. The students quickly swarmed their teacher, asking dozens of questions.

"Hey, Hey! Calm down!" he shouted and sighed, covering his face with one hand before letting it slide down.
"Have you done your exercises?"
"Just tell us his wish already!" Ashido yelled. She was instantly backed up by most of the class. Midoriya kept quiet. He too wanted to know what his father wished for, but he wasn't to keen on hearing it here and now, surrounded by his classmates and idol.

"His wish won't be made public, yet" All Might stated.
"It's not sure if we can make it happen yet"
"What did he ask for?" Kirishima asked curiously.
"Promise me none of you will tell anything about this to anyone. Not to any other teacher or family member, understood?"
"Yes, yes, we promise. Say it already" Uraraka demanded. All Might took a deep breath and looked them dead in the eye before speaking.

"He wishes to see his family one last time"

After that all hell broke loose and the class wasn't able to be silenced anymore. Deku just stared wide eyed in front of him. His father wanted to see them? T-that was really h-his last wish? He kept a straight face, feeling tears coming up. How would he ever be able to face that man?! He hated him! He was the personification of everything Izuku dispised in life and yet the man had asked to see him... Would he be able to say no?

Kacchan noticed this change in mood quickly and tensed up at Deku's reaction. 'Could it be..?' he thought but quickly shook his head. No, that was impossible. Midoriya could never be... Or was he? No! No... Deku is not the son of that monster. No way! But then why did he react this way?

"I-I have to go to the bathroom" Izuku barely whispered before leaving the group. Bakugou frowned, not trusting it for a second.
"All right everyone! Listen up! The assignment of this week will be-"

Katsuki wasn't able to focus on what All Might was explaining. His thoughts with his boyfriend who'd ran off with the lamest excuse there is. What is Izuku hiding? The truth was, that Kacchan was closer than ever to finding out who his father is and Midoriya was freaking out.

He was breathing loudly, pacing in the bathroom, muttering under his breath. He'd called his mom, who'd just been informed by the authorities. They would recieve a formal letter, stating all the details about the arrangement. But in the end it was still their call to make. Their descision whether or not they wanted to see him.

Izuku knew his mother wouldn't be able to refuse the man's final wish. He himself was struggling as well. What if word got out that Deku was his son? What would the world think of him and his mother? He was so scared! Tears streamed down his face as he looked at himself in the mirror. He was so glad he looked like his mother. No one would ever be able to tell he was related to All For One based on their appearances.

Midoriya froze up when the door to the bathroom opened, revealing Kacchan in the doorframe.
"They're wondering where you are" he stated, ignoring the tears. He had a stern and emotionless expression on his face. Izuku swallowed the lump in his throat. Bakugou knew. He had figured it out. His relationship was over! Deku quickly wiped away his tears and nodded, avoiding eye contact.

"Tell me it's not true" Katsuki demanded, closing the distance between them.
"T-tell me I-I'm wrong!"
Midoriya only sobbed as a reply, scared of what would happen next.
"A-All For One i-is m-my-"
"No, don't finish that sentence" Bakugou whispered, staring at Deku.

"H-he's my f-father!" Midoriya choked out, crying once more.

"A-and I know you'll want n-nothing to d-do with me a-anymore now s-so please j-just leave m-me a-alone..."
Deku backed off until his back hit the wall and he slided down. He pulled up his legs and hid his face, crying his eyes out. What he didn't expect was to feel a warm embrace around him. Sitting in front of him was none other than Katsuki Bakugou.

"So what if you are his son? You're still your own fucking person, right? Right?!"
"R-right" Deku choked out, hugging Kacchan with all his might. He cried into his shoulder, ruining his UA sports uniform.

On the inside Bakugou was freaking out. He didn't know what to think or ask first. He wasn't sure if this topic would ever be brought up again and he had so many questions spinning through his head. But that wasn't what was important. Right now he needed to comfort Deku. His Deku.

A boy who's been suffering in his father's shadow his whole life while others could only see his smile and the sunshine. Izuku had been fighting an invisible battle with himself this whole time and Kacchan couldn't believe he actually managed to suck it all up. That he and his mother were able to keep it quiet even after everything that happened... It was a true miracle.

"Y-you're not mad?" Midoriya whispered hoarsly.
"How could I be? This isn't your fault Deku. You didn't chose him as your father" Bakugou stated.
"B-but still... I-I didn't tell you"
"And I fully understand why... Fuck Deku... All For One? Seriously?" Kacchan breathed, looking him in the eye as he wiped away the smaller boy's tears.

"The biggest fucking villain the world has seen in over 20 years... And that man has to be the father of this angel? Fucking hell... You realise how fucked up this is?"

"You're in denial... I was too at first" Deku whispered, forcing a smile.
"It'll pass... And when it does, I'll be here. Ready to answer all of your questions"
The green eyed boy crawled up, wiping the remaining tears away on the sleeve of his shirt.
"T-tell All Might I wasn't feeling well and went back to the dormitory, okay?"
"Y-Yes, I will" Kacchan whsipered, standing up as well.

"Oh and Deku-"
The boy turned around, already standing in the doorframe of the bathroom.
"Yes Kacchan?"
"I love you"

Deku froze at those words, staring at Katsuki as if trying to see whether he was lying or not. Before finally smiling, a tear escaping his eye.
"I-I love you too"

With that he ran towards the blond, pressing their lips together one last time before they split. Kacchan let out a shaky breath once Deku left and stared at himself in the mirror for a second.
"You really know how to pick them, don't you?" he asked towards himself, chuckling a little.
"The son of All For One AND the successor of All Might, carrier of One For All? Un-fucking-believable"

He closed his eyes for a moment before returning to the group with the news Midoriya wasn't feeling well and he went back to the dorm. People didn't find it all that strange since he was acting kinda off.

When they returned to the dorm after school, they found Midoriya wrapped up in layers of blankets on the couch, a hot choco in his hands and a teenage drama show playing on tv. His eyes and nose were puffy and red and there laid some tissues on the table.

"Geez, you really got it good, don't you?" Ochako asked, petting Deku on the head through the blankets.
"Oh, uh, yeah... I guess I won't feel better for a while..." he whispered, sipping from his choco.
"Why don't you go to Recovery Girl?" Momo asked.
"For a cold? She'll kill me" Izuku chuckled, lying straight to their faces.
"That's what you get for being a regular!" Uraraka laughed.

Everyone started doing their own thing and Kacchan sat down next to Deku.
"Hey... Everything okay?"
The boy nodded, looking down into his cup.
"Mom called... She wants to go"
Bakugou nodded. He could understand Inko, yet he wasn't so sure it was the right option.

"What about you?"
"I don't know yet... I-I haven't decided" Midoriya whispered, taking another sip of his drink.
"I don't really want to... But this might be the last chance I'll ever get to see him. To close this chapter..."
"Take your time Deku. When do they want to know?"
"In three days at last" he whispered.
"See? You still got enough time to think it all over" Kacchan whispered, kissing him on the cheek.

"Shall I bring you another cup of hot choco, my little angel?"
Izuku blushed and hid his face away at those words.
"Come on, give me the cup" the blond ordered.

"Why do you love me Kacchan?" he asked suddenly.

Kirishima spit out his drink and Todoroki glanced up from his book. They were the only ones who heard Izuku's question but still.
"What?" Bakugou breathed, slowly putting the cup on the table in front of them.
"Why do I love you?"

"I'm the son of a monster and you know it" Midoriya whispered, tears coming to his eyes.
"I-I have his blood in my veins... W-what if he tries something? Tries to get me to switch sides?"
"You'll never become a villain Deku" Bakugou stated, hugging the hump of blankets.
"You are the brightest, purest, most talented boy I know! Hey, ssh, please don't cry. You're way more beautiful when you smile, you know that?"

"D-do you really m-mean that?" he sniffed, looking up at his boyfriend with red puffy eyes.
"I promise" Katsuki whispered, holding the green headed boy close to him.
"You will never be anything like him Deku. I've already told you to stop putting those stupid ideas in your head, you nerd"
Deku smiled slightly, finding comfort in his praise.
"T-thank you Kacchan"

"Only you would thank me for something so self-explanatory" he sighed with a small smile.
"I'm your boyfriend, shithead. I'll always have your back, no matter what, okay? As long as you're alive, you're stuck with me"
"Oh so you'll abandon me when I'm dead is what you're saying?" Izuku shot back.
"And look who's back to his old self! Like nothing ever happened" Bakugou exclaimed in 'shock'.

"Come on, let me get that hot choco for you"
Kirishima was squealing, quickly following Bakugou to the kitchen to tell him he handled it like a boss and that Katsuki definitely scored some good boyfriend points there. Meanwhile Todoroki frowned, slowly closing his book.

"I wasn't aware Bakugou knows the identity of your father, Midoriya"
Izuku shrieked up, totally forgotten he was there as well.
"I told him earlier today. As my boyfriend I think he should know"
"Oh, alright" Todoroki breathed, standing up with his book at hand.
"I'm sure we will hear it soon. You know our class never gives up"

"They'll discover you and Momo first though" Deku smirked.
"Ah, so you're the one that told Bakugou, I see... I really need to tell Momo to keep shut about us"
"Why? You guys are a great couple!" Midoriya stated, wiping away the remaining tears on his cheeks.
"Well, our families aren't so keen on each other" he sighed.
"We live in a modern Romeo and Juliet, I believe"

"Oh, must suck... Good luck with that"
"Thanks, we'll need it" he muttered as he left the room. Bakugou grunted as Todoroki walked past him before smiling as he handed the hot choco to Midoriya.

"Here you go Deku, enjoy"
"Thank you Kacchan!" he smiled, snuggling into his arms as he sipped from his drink.
"Love you"
"Love you too nerd" Katsuki muttered, kissing the top of his head.
"Now just relax and drink your choco alright? Everything is okay"

"Hmm..." Deku hummed, slowly drifting off to sleep in the blond's arms.
"So cute~" Ochako squealed, quickly snapping a picture and sending it to the whole class.
"Hey round face!"
Oh no, busted.
"Don't forget to send it to me to" Bakugou smirked, surprising Uraraka.
"I will!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 2K 13
Midoriya Izuku ran away at age 10, tired of the bullying and abuse he had to put up with from friends, teachers, and even family. He was a hairs widt...
8.1K 355 30
A my hero academia fanfiction. Have you ever wondered what happened to the students of UA after they left school? After they went their own ways? Man...
1.5M 45.4K 41
(Y/N) is a new student at UA high. She moved away with her dad a few years ago after her mom disappeared. While she lived here, her two friends Izuku...
8.3K 244 19
Izuku had a rough life, being quirkless and all, but when he get's captured by the heroes and forced into UA to be rehabilitated, he realizes he's sl...