Lightning Strike ||Bakugou Ka...

By _HIGEKI_

||REWRITTEN VERSION IS "AETHERIUS MELANCHOLIA"|| Destiny is believed to control everything. Who you are and w... More

Intro
About the character
The Start
Entrance Exam
First Day
Quirk Test
Trials
Bakugou Katsuki
It's Him
The Truth
He Came
It's time
Waking up to reality
Thoughts
Roaring Sports Festival
Roaring Sports Festival pt2
Cavalry Battle
Breaking Point
The reveal
One-on-one
Friends
This feeling
Memories
Internship
Internship pt2
Aftermath
Practical exam
Beautiful
Pool
Training camp
Training camp pt2
Training camp pt3
Cataclysm
The rescue
The end of All Might
Meeting the family
Dorms
Ultimate moves
Movie night
Old friends
Final exam
Confessions
This isn't real
Things that make saying goodbye hard
The Big Three
Make me feel something
The morning after
Depending on someone
A mouse bites when cornered
First day on the job
Don't worry
Date Day
UPDATE

Emotions

2.7K 113 24
By _HIGEKI_

"It was a human". His eyes widen. "A...human?" He asks. I nod my head grimly. "Yes, but you couldn't really call it a human anymore. It was disfigured, dry and its body was covered in bruises, the flesh hanging off of some parts of its body and tubes sticking out of its sides". Katsuki lets out a shudder.

"The strange thing is, even though it was so mangled, there was no blood on the body itself, only around it. I looked at its side, where the tubes were, the tubes were taking the blood out of the body. At that time, I didn't know what I was looking at, but I knew it wasn't good, but before I could leave, I heard the basement door opening. I turned around to hide, but my small body wasn't coordinated enough and I slipped on the blood on the ground and fell down. The footsteps came closer and before I could turn around, I heard a sigh".

"It was my father, but he had a different expression on his face, one I never saw on his face before. Looking at it now, I can only guess it was disappointment". I take a deep breath and continue. "After that my memory is hazy, but I distinctively remember laying on a table, him over me". Katsuki's eyes widen and he grabs my shoulder in a panic. "Did the bastard do something to you!?" He growls out. Grabbing his hand which was on my shoulder, I shake my head. "I don't know, but when the villains attacked at USJ, he told me not all his subjects were destroyed, that one survived". My head starts throbbing, but I ignore it. "I destroyed the house, along with everything that was in the basement, so nobody could have survived".

"He told me that I was his subject, until now I doubted it". Katsuki's eyes narrow. "Until now?" I nod my head. "My quirk, it has been acting up, normally when I overuse it I get headaches or my whole body feels heavy, but since the beginning of the Sports Festival it started to become somewhat uncontrollable, I can't control how much lightning I discharge and it began to hurt my whole body after or while using it".

"You need to tell Aizawa". I shake my head. "We're getting off track here". Katsuki looked as if he wanted to argue, but I interrupt him. "The reason I'm living with Aizawa is because my mother died, you know that". He nods his head. "What you don't know is that she didn't die in an accident".

"You mean-". I nod my head. "Yes, my father set fire to the house, but he didn't plan to kill me along with her, because he told me she was an obstacle which needed to be removed, so I can go with him". I feel my eyes sting, but I stubbornly didn't let the tears fall. "The night my mother died, was the night I found out what regret was, what sadness was and what a cruel world we live in". I shakily let out the words.

"I remember when I woke up in the hospital the day after, the thought that was constantly in my head was 'Is this despair? Is this what despair feels like?', it was the first time I felt emotions on that scale, at that one moment I felt too much and after that I felt nothing, no despair, no anger, nothing". I let out a shaky breath.

"It felt like I was torn apart and put back together, with the pieces in all the wrong places". I force the words out, my throat constricting. "I tried to forget, but life doesn't let you forget". I chuckle darkly. "My mother... when my father 'died'... she broke, completely, I ignored her because I though my pain was stronger than hers, I though she was crazy and I told her things she didn't deserve. I couldn't see through my own anger".

"You know how people say that when something bad happens it's all slowed down? That time slows down? Well they lied, it all happen fast, time doesn't stop or slow down, time doesn't slow down for anyone". Katsuki bites his lip at my words. "I tried not to care, without caring and without people by my side, I couldn't be hurt, without love there's no sorrow".

"There are times when I'm dreaming, but it feels like I'm still awake and at times like that I can't see what's reality and what's a dream. I'm walking through the darkness and I always see my mom, but when I try to get closer she just keeps going further and further away. So I think 'is this how it's supposed to be? So close yet so far, just out of reach'". I feel tears gathering at the corners of my eyes. Katsuki patiently listens.

"Sometimes I wonder if my end is already set in stone, if it can't be changed. I wonder if trying to escape destiny is possible". Finishing my sentence, I feel a wetness slide down my cheek. Katsuki's eyes soften and he raises his hand to my face and with his thumb he wipes under my eye, erasing the tear. I grab the hand that was on my cheek and I chuckle. "I'm sorry, I got all pathetic and pessimistic on you". He quickly shakes his head. "It's alright, you needed to let it out, it's alright".

It felt like a huge burden was taken off of my shoulders and a whimper escapes my lips. I reach my hand towards him and wrap my arm around his shoulders, stuffing my face into his neck. His hand gently trails down the back of my neck, along my spine and it stops at the middle of my back.

The hallway was quiet and after a few moments the silence was broken by my sobs. His one hand was gently trailing my back and the other was threading through my hair. It felt nice having someone to confide in, someone to listen to what you have to say. It was nice to let it all out and it was even better since it was Katsuki.

After a few minutes my sobs recede and I pull my head back. Katsuki was looking at me with an unreadable expression. Tilting my head, I ask. "What?" My question seemed to snap him out of it. "Nothing, it's just-". He begins but he cuts himself off. "What?" I repeat. He reaches his hand forward and places his palm on my heart. The moment his hand touched above my heart, my heartbeat accelerated. He raises his eyes to mine. "This here". He lightly taps my chest. "This is the proof you're alive, right now, don't think about the future or the end, think about the present".

A grin graces my features and I place my hand on top of his. "I will, thank you Katsuki". I genuinely thank him. At my grin, his face warms and a light blush appeared on his cheeks and neck. He averts his eyes. "Don't mention it". Suddenly, I remember something.

"I'm sorry!" I exclaim in hurry. His eyes widen. "I didn't get to say sorry yet, I'm sorry for everything I told you and I'm sorry for everything I did". I reach my hand to his jaw, where his bruise is. "I also want to thank you, thank you for being here, thank you for listening to me, thank you for caring". I finish with a small smile. "It's okay and I told you, don't mention it, that's what friends do, right?" He grins, full on teeth grin.

I'm overwhelmed by the brightness he radiates. I burst out laughing. His grin turns into a frown. "Why are you laughing?" He demands. "Oh, it's just I've never seen you smile like that, it's so unlike you". I say between laughs. His expression turns sour. Sensing he's misunderstanding, I quickly clarify. "Wait! I didn't mean it in a bad way, it's unlike you, but it suits you! You should smile like that more". I correct myself.

His offended expression disappears and is replaced by a smirk. "Are you saying I look good?" He inquires cockily. I shake my head in disbelief. "And he's back". He leans his body close. "You didn't answer my question". His ruby red orbs burning into my pale blue ones. "You're awfully cocky today, don't you remember what happened at the hospital". I answer with a smirk of my own. He quickly backs off and splutters in bewilderment. "I don't know what you're talking about". He crosses his arms and turns away.

I let out a snort and lean back on the bench.

"We're fighting next". I remind him. He uncrosses his arms and also leans back on the bench. "Yeah, don't go easy on me". He orders. Shooting a smirk his way I answer. "Wasn't planning to".

"What's your favorite color?" I ask out of nowhere. He turns his head to me. "What's this about?" He questions. I turn to him. "It's just, I don't know a single thing about you". I answer.

"Red". He responds after a few moments. "You?" He asks back. "Blue".

"Favorite food?" I ask. "Anything spicy, you?" "Same".

"Any hobbies?" I question. "Training my quirk, you?" "I like running".

After a few minutes of asking pointless questions, we hear Present Mic calling the final contestants. Katsuki and I.

"Let's go". I stand up and turn to him. He nods back and gets up. As I turn back around and start walking, he grabs my shoulder. "Yes?" I ask. "Let's have a fair match". He offers. I turn around and reach my hand in a handshake. He takes it and we shake hands. "Let's do that".

As we reach the hallway exit, I look at him in all that blaring light, and wonder. Do I deserve any of this? Do I deserve to have him by my side?

Reaching our respective positions, we stand across one another. Midnight walks to the stage. "The final match of the Sports Festival is about to begin". She turns towards us. "Are the contestants ready?" She inquires. Both Katsuki and I nod in union. Midnight smiles. "Then, let the match... BEGIN!"

The moment she yelled out the word, both of us dashed towards each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

734 38 14
✿𝘌𝘪𝘫𝘪𝘳𝘰 𝘒𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘦𝘹𝘢𝘮𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘨...
5K 229 45
Deku, a 14-year-old fanboy, struggles with something seemingly unsignificant but unpermits him to become the greatest hero of all time. He never real...
3.9K 215 11
When Katsuki distracts himself from his desires, and love, for a certain green haired hero, he creates more problems for himself than he solves. Just...
62.4K 2.2K 15
Trigger warnings !Blood and Gore! Bakugou was always stubborn... It was just how he grew up. But when he falls for a certain electrical blond he real...