Her Vampire Prince

Per madisonrae19

Faith was happy with her life. She had a clear plan, and always knew what her next move was going to be. But... Més

Introduction
Cast List!
Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Epilogue
MY OTHER BOOKS

Chapter XXIX

2.7K 112 2
Per madisonrae19

"Faith! Hope!" Florence screeched excitedly, causing the women in question to nearly have heart attacks.

It had been a few hours since her encounter with William and Sir Hartley, but it was at the forefront of Faith's mind, constantly torturing her with every little action and word she said. She was going crazy. She was currently in the library with Hope, trying to read to take her mind off things. It was the only place that wasn't being prepped and primed for the ball by an excited army of maids and planners.

"Goodness Florence, you scared the life out of me!" Faith chuckled with her hand on her heart.

"Me too!" Hope piped in.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your reading, not that it looks like you're doing much Faith – your book is upside down." Florence announced with a wicked grin.

Faith blushed bright red as she realised Florence was indeed correct, but she couldn't give a valid reason as to why she was so lost in her head. Telling her audience about her feelings for William was the last thing she wanted to do.

"Anyway, now that I know you're not busy, it's time for you to choose your dresses for the ball! You are both being invited as guests of honour!" Florence bellowed elatedly.

"Guests of honour? We're actually being allowed to attend?" Faith gasped.

"Really Florence?" Hope asked breathlessly.

"Yes! You are guests of the royal family, it will be your last night with us, and I want it to be something memorable for you girls." Florence smiled.

Faith nearly burst out into humourless laughter. Something memorable? They were stealing their memories to make it anything but, however she could not say that aloud as Hope didn't know yet. Faith also realised at this moment that because of the chaos she was going to help birth at the ball, there was a strong chance she wasn't going to get her memories wiped anymore.

"Miss Hattie is our resident dress maker; she makes anyone who's anyone's clothes! She doesn't have time to design you both a whole new dress each, but if you like you can both choose one of mine and she will adjust it to your liking!" Florence revealed excitedly.

"Oh wow! Are you sure that's ok?" Hope asked.

"Of course! This is going to be so fun! Come on girls!" Florence chirped, grabbing their hands and pulling them along with her to her bedroom.

Faith forgot just how giant and incredible Florence's closet was. She must have had about a hundred dresses alone! Hope easily chose a dress, a beautiful salmon coloured one, with embroided silver and blue flowers stitched into the satin skirts. It was off the shoulder and featured a high low hem with dainty three quarter length sleeves. The bust and waist needed to be pinched in, but apart from that, it looked incredible.

Faith was quite nervous to try on one of Florence's dresses, considering she was a stick and Faith... wasn't. She tried squeezing into many of Florence's dresses, tight, floaty, pink, black, A-line and mermaid shaped when she was ready to give up. She didn't look elegant or pretty in any of them. Feeling like an ogre in everything she wore, Faith was ready to call a stop to the whole thing, when Hope found a dress buried deep in the back of the closet.

"What about this one Faith?" She questioned, feeling bad as she could tell her sister felt self-conscious.

"Oh yes! I have never worn that one! It has never been adjusted either!" Florence exclaimed eagerly.

"I'm not sure that style is really... me." Faith gulped at the blood-red colour and plunging neckline, bound to demand attention.

"Oh, don't be silly! When else will you get the chance to wear such a beautiful dress? You're going to look totally stunning in it Faith!" Hope encouraged.

With a sigh, she supposed she should just try it, just to see if it could make her look acceptable. As the chiffon material glided over her body, swirling to her feet, Faith was surprised at how... good it actually looked. It showed off a pinch of cleavage, but not in a tacky way, and was tight around her chest and waist, but not her stomach allowing her to breathe easily. Being off the shoulder with capped sleeves, and dazzling diamonds decorating them and the V of the design, it was timeless and elegant. Faith didn't want to admit it, but she felt stunning. Florence and Hope agreed that this was the dress, eyes blown wide as they could not believe how beautiful she looked. She would capture everyone's attention at the ball.

Taking their dresses with them, Florence brought Faith and Hope up to the commercial level where the market was held, the room now empty except for a few scattered tables, causing a vast juxtaposition to the chaotic atmosphere Faith was bombarded with on the previous Monday. They walked through the room to a vast oval shaped oak door with 'Miss Hattie's Boutique' written in decorative letters on it. Faith couldn't believe that she missed it the first time she was there, although it wasn't surprising considering she was lost in the mire of dysfunction. Florence rapped three times on the door, before it burst open revealing an elegant older woman with perfect grey curls scooped up into a bun on top of her head.

"Florence, darling!" She squealed, hugging the young girl closely.

"Miss Hattie! It's so good to see you!" Florence exclaimed.

"And who are these lovely girls you've brought to me?" She asked, smiling motherly at Faith and Hope.

"This is Faith and Hope! They are guests of honour at the ball tomorrow!"

"Hi!" They both waved.

"Wow! How exciting, come in girls!" She said excitedly, ushering them in.

Inside the room was dominantly gold, from the walls to the chandeliers, the Persian rug, ornate mirror and the delicately embroided sofas. There were two other young ladies hunched around sewing machines, sweating and barely giving them a glance. They certainly looked very busy! The most lustrous, vibrant fabrics were splattered around the room and on dummies in an explosion of colour.

"Sorry to interrupt you, I know you're very busy with the last minute rush, but I have a favour to ask you." Florence began sheepishly.

"Anything for you my little Flossie!" Miss Hattie grinned, although Faith could have sworn she saw her eyes narrow behind her pearl glasses.

"Thank you Miss Hattie! Well basically the girls need outfits, and of course I know there isn't enough time to start from scratch, but would you be able to adjust some of my old dresses for them?" She pleaded.

"Of course Flossie, if you two can go into the changing rooms behind the gold curtains and pop the dresses on, Esmeralda and I will measure you and get them done ASAP." She explained, pointing to the left of the room with her manicured hand.

"Thank you so much! You know girls; Miss Hattie has worked here since before I was born! She is like a second mother to me." Florence revealed fondly.

"And you are like a daughter!" Miss Hattie laughed freely.

Faith went into one of the changing rooms, with an elaborate gold mirror covering an entire wall and small wicker chair in the corner. Her feet literally sank into the plush gold rug as she took her shoes off and shimmied the dress on. Faith knew she would feel unbelievably excited if she were attending the ball under any other circumstances. She had to keep her head on straight. She did wonder, however, if maybe William would dance with her. She would probably step on all of his toes, but she knew being in his arms would make the embarrassment worth it.

"Ah Faith!" Miss Hattie exclaimed as she swung the curtain open and stepped in.

"Oh, hello." She jumped at the sudden entrance.

Miss Hattie was carrying a range of pins and needles in her hand as she assessed Faith's appearance.

"Well, that certainly is a lovely dress. We need to loosen the sleeves though; you have quite fat arms dear." She chuckled quietly, although Faith didn't think it was very funny. "And you should wear a corset underneath; you don't have much of a waist." She tutted disappointedly.

Faith was flabbergasted, wondering whether the woman was being serious.

"Oh... ok." Faith mumbled, scratching the back of her head self-consciously.

Miss Hattie then leaned in closer, whispering in Faith's ear: "Don't get lost in the fantasy. This isn't your life Faith. If you mess up at the ball tomorrow, you can guarantee your precious sister will be dead." She chuckled cruelly with a menacing gleam in her eye.

"You... you're a traitor?" Faith gasped as her mood plummeted.

"I'm old Faith; the life I should have had was stolen from me. I want to watch my great grandchildren grow up without worrying I'll kill them." She hissed under her breath.

"Is everything all right in there?" Florence questioned from outside, causing Miss Hattie to recoil from Faith.

"Oh, just perfect darling! Faith looks stunning in this dress!" She said sweetly, but the hand on Faith's shoulder where she was adjusting the straps tightened considerably to serve as a warning.

Faith anxiously stood there feeling numb, as she wondered who else could be a traitor.

Edited

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

57.7K 4.5K 26
Book 1 - The Royal Blood Collection The world is filled with infighting and desperation; uncertainty is rife. Humanity hides of a night, fearing the...
6.2K 324 34
Valentina , a naive 18 year old sweet girl ,loves to help people ,extremely empathetic. Raised by a single mother ,she is unaware of a lot of not so...
633K 13.7K 31
His jaw tensed as he scratched the back of his head. I couldn't help but stare at his muscles. I frowned at myself. Damn my dirty mind. I shook off t...
86.9K 3.5K 39
Highest Ranking #18 In Vampire. Completed |✔️| My eyes shot open as I breathe heavily trying to regain the loss of breath. Sitting up from laying do...