Married to the Prince of Dark...

By angeltwist

Amelia Hayden is busy senior at college with no time for boys, parties or fun. This all changes one Halloween... More

Author's Note: The Great Edit of 2014/15/16
Troubleshooting Chapter (read if you're having trouble viewing chapters)
Copyright
Dedication
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16a
Chapter 16b
Chapter 16c
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 18b
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22b
Chapter 22c
Chapter 23
Chapter 23b
Chapter 24
Chapter 24b
Chapter 24c
Chapter 24d
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 26 B
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28b
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 31b
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 34b
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 39b
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 41b
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 45b
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49b
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76 reuploaded
Chapter 77 (re-upload II)
Chapter 78 re-upload
Chapter 79 re-upload
Chapter 80 re-upload
The story isn't over...
Preview of Married to the Vampire King
Special Announcement

Chapter 42

533K 22.8K 4.7K
By angeltwist

For the rest of the day, I lay in bed waiting for someone to bring a fresh change of clothes and a broom to clean up the broken glass in the bathroom. I didn't bother trying to sleep because sleep was impossible. Whenever I tried to put my head on the pillow, my mind would fill with thoughts and troubles of dead girls and broken hearts. Wistfully I remembered how a sleepless night for me would normally be caused by college essays and presentations, instead of ghosts and an annoying vampire husband.

Sitting in bed, I strained my ears to listen out for any sign life out in the corridor. I was surprised no one had checked up on me yet. I thought at least the evil nurse would have come in at some point during the day to check on me. But even she didn't bother paying me a visit. I had half hoped that Luc might have snuck back into the bedroom to see me, but he didn't. This was probably a good thing, because over the past eight hours my feelings for him had been fluctuating between madly in love, to just plain old mad. Seriously, if he walked through that bedroom door right now I don't know whether I would hug him, or throw something at him.

But secretly, I did want him to come back to me. Without him, I some how felt less of person ... which sounds crazy and feels crazy, but it was true. Some how he'd become part of me without me even knowing, and now the mere thought of loosing him filled me with as much dead and anxiety as loosing one of my vital organs. I partly hated myself for this sudden and unexplained complete dependence on this one person. In the past I'd always prided myself on being independent, strong and self reliant. I was never one of these girls who couldn't function without a boyfriend or significant other in their lives. I'd always been able survive by myself; and now everything had changed. Now, I seemed to rely on everyone.

I drew my knees up into my chest and shivered. The fire which had been warming the room, had died several hours earlier and the temperature of room was now becoming chilly. Pulling the bed sheets around me, I softly hummed a tune to myself trying to past the time and break up the mind numbing silence that filled the room.

Outside the room I suddenly heard footsteps in the distance, coming closer. I straightened up and waited in anticipation for the footsteps to either pass by my door, or stop outside. Quietly, in the depths of my heart, I prayed that it was Luc returning to see me. Holding my breath I waited to see what would happen.

The footsteps stopped outside my door, and there was a light knock. Then the door opened, and ... Nurse Poison walked in.

My heart sank.

The nurse beamed at me, "Good evening Your Highness -" her voice quickly faltered when she saw streaks of brown dried blood that covered my body and clothes. "Oh dear Lord, what happened to you," she asked, suddenly choking on her fake smile.

"I had an accident in the bathroom," I replied quietly.

The nurse turned and looked in the bathroom and gasped when she saw the broken glass and blood on the floor. She took a step towards the bathroom, then paused and in a low voice asked, "Is all of that your blood?"

"Yes. I would've of probably died if the Prince and Captain Nico hadn't replaced my lost blood with their own blood," I replied.

"They replaced your blood?!" The nurse asked with sudden alarm.

"Yes," I said calmly, "And do you know what the weird thing is? Now, I feel completely normal. It's as if my body has had a complete detox."

The nurse's expression fell for a second, but she quickly composed herself and said, "Well, you must be hungry for more blood after that."

My stomach rumbled in agreement, but I knew that there was no way in heaven or hell, I was going to except a dirty bag of poisoned blood from this woman. So with a polite smile I said, "Actually, I'm not all that hungry right now."

The nurse frowned, "Your Highness must eat. I'm on the strictest instructions from the doctor and His Majesty, the King to make sure you eat well. If you're struggling to eat, I can administer blood to you via an infusion," she said, desperate to fill me poison.

I shook my head, "I really don't want to eat right now."

The nurse folded her arms across her chest, "You must eat Highness. I'm afraid I can't take no for an answer. If you refuse then I'll have no other choice but to use more forceful methods of persuasion," she threatened.

Immediately I knew what she as referring to - an injection of sedative. The damn bitch planned on sedating and pumping my veins full of poison if I refused to voluntarily drink her poisoned bag of blood. All she had to do was call the doctors and tell them I was making a scene, then that would be it. The whole medical team would descend down here and sedate my ass, and it would be game over.

My heart sank.

Shit, once again I was caught between a hard place and a rock.

She read my expression and smirked, "I'll get the blood then ... unless you still want to refuse?"

I closed my eyes. Shit Mia, think!

She impatiently sighed, "Look, if this is going to be an issue then I'll get the doctor."

"No, wait," I called after her, trying stop her or at the very least stall her.

She swung round, away from the door and snapped, "So, are you going to behave, or am I going to have to make you?"

I winced and quickly said, "I'll behave ... I mean, I'll have something eat."

A flash of triumphant crossed her eyes and she said with cheerful reply, "Good, I'll go and get your dinner."

A wave of defeat washed over me, and I sunk down into the pillows. What could I do? My only option was to drink the damn poison and maybe try to throw it up, and hope that might stop it from working. Tearfully, I closed my eyes and thought of Luc and that stupid door in my head. Just then, I heard a voice in my head...

'What are you doing, Hayden? You can't seriously be thinking about drinking that poisoned blood!' Laura's voice yelled angrily at me.

"I don't know what to do, I've got no other choice," I whispered out loud.

'You're a mother fucking vampire Hayden! Think of something better then giving up, for fuck's sake!' Laura's voice screamed in my head.

The nurse walked back into the room with a large cooler box filled with blood bags and dropped it on the floor. She turned to me and eyed me up and down suspiciously, "Did I just hear you say something?"

I shook my head, "No, I didn't say anything."

She didn't look convinced and said, "If you're up to something missy, then I'm getting the doctor down and you are going to go night, nights."

"I'll be good," I said.

'Aw, Hayden, you can't be serious! You're not going to sit there and let this bitch walk all over you! Do something, be a bad ass for once in your life, Hayden!' Laura's voice echoed in my head.

A badass? What could I possible do that was badass? Then I had a thought, or rather something Laura had said earlier suddenly repeated itself in my head- I was a 'mother fucking vampire'.

"Before you feed, I just need to check your vitals," the nurse said, interrupting my train of thought.

"Oh, okay," I replied, sitting perfectly still on the bed.

She smirked as she walked over to the bed and said, "I'm glad to see that you're co-operating."

"Well, I'm pretty hungry," I said quietly, feeling my entire body tensing. I was watching her, waiting for her to let down her guard.

"I won't be long, then I'll get your breakfast for you," she said leaning over me.

"Thank you," I replied.

She paused, sensing something off in my voice. Her head turned to look at me, but I struck her hard and fast. I grabbed her shoulders and using all my strength pushed her against the mattress and held her down. She was much weaker than me, her body trembled in my grip.

Gasping, she cried, "What are you doing?"

I held her tightly and replied, "Having breakfast."

Before she could respond I sank my teeth into her, roughly tearing open her throat. Hot blood spurted from her neck, gushing into my mouth. I held her close to me and began drinking deeply. Her blood was fresh and unfettered by poison. It ran into my mouth like a river of life, replenishing me. My grip tightened on her, and soon the struggling and crying stopped, and her once rigid frame became floppy and rag doll like in my arms.

The hunger inside me subsided and I lifted my mouth away from the gash from her neck. I looked down at her, and saw her staring up at me with wide frightened eyes. Her mouth was gaping open, as if she was trying to scream but no sound was coming out. I studied her expression for a few seconds then dropped her to the floor, discarding her like a candy wrapper.

She gazed up at me, clutching her throat, trying to stem the uncontrollable bleeding seeping between her fingers. Tears were rolling down her face and she began to gasp, "I'm dying ... Oh my God, I'm dying."

"Are you?" I said in a disinterested voice.

"Yes, I'm dying, help me," she begged.

I crouched down next to her and said, "Don't be silly, you're not dying."

She let out an anguished cry and replied, "You don't understand, I'm not like you! I don't heal quickly. I'm losing too much blood!!"

"Aw, it's alright," I smiled at her, "I've got some blood right here for you. In fact I have a whole box full of the stuff."

"What?" she said dryly, her eyes wide with terror.

"Look," I said, calmly getting up and crossing the room to the cooler box filled with bags of poisoned blood, "There is enough blood here to replenish you twice over."

"Wait, no, I can't drink that, please!" she cried.

"Of course you can," I replied, "If you don't, you'll die."

"Your Highness, please, I'm begging you!" she cried.

I ignored her pleas and opened the cooler box and grabbed several bags of poisoned blood. Carefully, I walked back over to her with the bags of blood. Then standing over her, I stared down at her. The blood was now pooling around her, soaking my poor toes. She looked up at me, her eyes frantic and desperate, pleading for help.

I smiled down at her and opened my arms, letting the bags of poison blood to drop into her lap. Then taking a step back, I turned away and said, "Bon appetite."

-----------

Hi angels,

Just a quick thank you to those who voted for me in the wattys. Even though we didn't win, it was really fun participating and meeting all you guys, as well as discovering other amazing authors! I had so much fun and I can't wait for the Wattys 2016!!! 

Also, through out the month of December, I will be updating MPD regularly twice a week on Monday and Friday (UK time). So hopefully that'll will give you something on Monday to cheer you up, and something on Friday to celebrate with!  

 Next update will be released on Friday 4th December!!!

-Vicky xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 68 20
'For most people, being betrothed to a prince is a fairy tale dream. My experience, however, was far from rosy.' Indy Cullen had been adopted by a co...
13.9M 370K 45
Book One in the Soul Seeker Series. At fifteen Amelia is forced to move in with her birthfather when her mother passes away. A man she's never met be...
861K 27.8K 35
This princess is about to find out her powers aren't as harmless as they seen. Amber Young was an outcast at school and got badly bullied. Darcy her...
11K 1.7K 50
Getting a soulmate sounds like a dream come true. Getting a soulmate who wants to destroy your family? Not quite as romantic. When Camila was five, a...