Jacob's Angel ✓

By shri_hc

❝ We'll make it better. ❞ ********************************* Lisa Maiden is a bitch. She's said it herself. Sh... More

Character aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 29

1.9K 64 12
By shri_hc

             Today is the day I'm supposed to go on a date with Jacob, and I have no fucking idea what I'm going to do. For starters, I'm running short of money, and Taylor won't give me my next month's pocket money. Yeah, I'm regretting eating all those chocolate cakes. I was pacing back and forth in my room, looking like a complete mess. My hair was wrapped in a disheveled bun, a pimple decided to show up on my forehead, and my shirt is full of stains from when I was stress eating a while ago. I look fugly. 

          "Okay, stop",  Charlotte grabbed my hand and made me sit. "What are you so worried about ?", she asked. "I can't think of a perfect date. Everything I think of is too expensive and Taylor refuses to give me my next month's pocket money", I said. Charlotte rolled her eyes. Yes. Charlotte. Wonder where she's learning these things from. What ? Don't look at me. "I'm sure we can find something. What do you want your first date to be like ?", she said. I shrugged, "Comfortable, I guess. Romantic, but still comfortable". Charlotte smiled,"Good, now think about something that matches your description". I frowned as I thought about what to do. What's the most comfortable thing to do. Right then, an idea popped up in my head. A probably stupid and crazy one. I decided to go for it anyway. I texted Jacob to come to my house. Then I went to the kitchen and took out all the stuff I need. 

Let's do this shit !!

**********************************************************************************************

          After I was done cooking all the things I wanted, with a lot of help from Charlotte, I looked at the things we made, chicken rolls, lots of popcorn, and a cake. If everything would go as I planned, this might be the fucking best date ever. Stupid, but amazing nonetheless. I smiled as I ran to my room and had a shower. After I had my shower, I wore my PJ's. Yes, you read that right, PJ's. I tied my hair in a braid. I cleaned my room and grinned. I danced back downstairs, literally, danced. Charlotte laughed as she saw me, "I've never seen you so happy". I smiled,"I know". She smiled,"What are you going to do about Taylor ? He broke up with Melody today. He was really.......angry when he left the house". I raised an eyebrow, "What finally made him break up with her ?". She shrugged, "I don't exactly know. But from what I heard while he was arguing on the phone with her, she said something really offensive about you. Taylor was fuming. I don't think they're going to get back together". I smiled, " So they broke up because of me ? I feel good about myself. I really hope they don't get back together. That way I can do something about you and him", I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively. Charlotte blushed. 

          "In fact, how about we start now ? Yes. You'll handle him today", I said smirking. Charlotte choked on the water she was drinking, "I- no -I'm- uh- busy". I raised my eyebrows, "No, you're not. I remember you squealing about getting a holiday from work for 3 days. So it's done. You're going to take him somewhere today". Charlotte's eyes widened, "But-". I didn't let her finish, "No buts. Go get him gurlll !!", I said. "Go get whom ?", Taylor asked stepping inside the house. Charlotte's eyes widened some more, if that was even possible, and she visibly gulped. "No one", she said quickly, too quickly. I smirked as Taylor looked at her with a confused look. "Hey Taylor, can you take Charlotte out somewhere today ? Jacob's coming home for a date", I asked. Taylor blushed a little, "Sure, if she wants to". I smirked, "Oh believe me, she does". Charlotte slapped my arm. Oh, this was too much fun.

            "So you're calling Jacob over ?", Taylor asked, obviously trying to change the subject. "Yupp", I replied. He nodded, "Okay, take care". I frowned, "Take care ? That's it ? Aren't you going to threaten Jacob when he comes here ? Aren't you worried we'll do something ? I mean we are just two teenagers who're going to be alone in a house". Taylor laughed, "Right, it took you this long to ask him out on a date, and you're gonna do something the second you get a chance alone". He shook his head, still laughing as if I told him the funniest joke ever. I rolled my eyes, "Now shoo away, he'll be here any minute". As soon as I said that, their eyes met. They remained like that, for minutes. I smiled, something is definitely going to happen between these two tonight.

**********************************************************************************************

          The door bell rang and I ran to open the door. I fixed my hair and took a deep breath before opening the door. I grinned at Jacob, he obviously looked as flawless as ever. He returned my grin with his own goofy one. I moved aside and he entered the house. I ran to the couch and picked up the sweatpants I borrowed from Taylor, and threw them at him. He gave me a confused look,  "What am I supposed to do with this ?". I rolled my eyes, "Wear it over your head and run around the neighborhood". He chuckled. I smiled, "I'll be in my room". I ran upstairs and set up my laptop and speakers. I set the cushions on my bed. I excitedly bit my lip. 

          There was a knock on my bedroom door. I looked at Jacob and nodded. He stepped inside my room and grinned at me. He looked really excited, and I was glad I was not the only one. "So this is what we're doing today ?". I nodded, "Is that okay with you ?". He chuckled, "Okay? This is perfect, PJ's, movies and lots of food", he said, " and of course a beautiful girl by my side", he continued, smiling my way. I rolled my eyes, "I'm wearing PJ's and have a pimple on my face". He smiled, "And you're beautiful. This is you when you're completely comfortable, and I love that".    I love you, I wanted to say, but didn't. I stared at him, almost breathless, "You mean that ?". He nodded his head. I smiled, "Insidious ?". He nodded, "Insidious". And that's how our first date started. 

***********************************************************************************************

          "Now what ?", I asked. We watched all of the movies in the series, and were currently sitting on the bed, with Jacob's hand around my shoulders. Why ? Because I screamed at a jump scare and he put his hands around my shoulders, whispering,  "Don't worry, I'm here", and i almost swooned.  "Let's go get ice cream", he suggested. I looked at the clock, "It's really late". He gave me the puppy dog eyes, "Please. I promise I'll drop you home safely before going home". I gave in, I mean I love ice cream so.........yeah. We headed to the ice cream store in our PJ's, because we were too lazy to change. Who cares anyway ? Turns out people do, as everyone was looking at us the whole time. 

          We bought our ice creams and were sitting inside the shop. I stared at my ice cream. Jacob looked at me, both eyebrows raised, "Aren't you going to eat it ?". I looked at him, "I'm a messy eater, I don't want you to look at me with ice cream all over my face". He grinned, "Eat your ice cream. If you get something on your face, I'll wipe it. That way we'll be a cliche couple". I rolled my eyes but couldn't get the word 'couple' out of my head. 

           After about ten minutes, we finished our ice cream. Jacob offered me a hand so that I can get up. I heard a few 'awws' from the people around. "You guys are so cute", a girl squealed. I smiled at her with red cheeks while Jacob grinned. But I didn't miss the pink tint on his face. We walked out of the shop hand in hand. We got into the car.  "Mom wants to have dinner with you someday", Jacob said. I shook my head, "No way, I'll embarrass myself in front of her". He rolled his eyes, "As if that's going to affect her. She's practically smitten with you anyways. Sometimes I wonder who like you more, me or her". My eyes widened, "You like me ?", I asked without even thinking about it. Jacob looked my way with red cheeks and a slight smile, "I've liked you since fourth grade. You never noticed". I wanted to cry for some reason, "I like you too". He smiled at me, I smiled back. 

           I got out of the car once Jacob pulled over at my house. Jacob got out too. He came and stood in front of me. He smiled before taking a tissue paper out of his pocket and wiping it over my lips. My heart began beating at a faster pace. "I told you this would happen", he said. This was the moment. I took a deep breath and started talking,  "Jacob, will you be my-" . Jacob interrupted me, "Shh... You already took my chance to ask you out on a date. Let me do this". He took my hand and got down on his knee, the raw emotion in his eyes made me love him more, "Lisa Maiden, I've liked you since what seems like forever. This moment is like a dream to me. And I just want you to know, that when I picture myself happy, it's with you. I love you, Angel. Will you be my girlfriend ?". I was in tears when he asked me that. I love him. "Yes, I will be your  girlfriend". 

           He got up and hugged me. He leaned in closer, I did too. I closed my eyes, and he pulled me closer, and just like that, Ryan's face flashed in my mind. I gasped and pushed Jacob away. I looked at him, "I- I can't kiss you". He pulled me into him, "It's okay. I understand. You remember what I said that night, we'll make it better". Of course I remember it. "We'll take it as slow as you want, alright ? I love you". I smiled with tears in my eyes, "I love you too".  I hugged him again. " Thank you for being mine", we said together, and then laughed. "I  really want to stay with you, but Taylor might be worried about you. And we have to go to school tomorrow". I nodded, smiling. This is the best day in my life. He kissed my nose before stepping back. I smiled and dragged my feet towards my door. I turned around. Jacob grinned and waved. I chuckled and waved back. I entered my house and shut the door. 

          Still smiling, I turned around. "Holy fuck !", I screamed. There on the couch, were my brother and my best friend making out. hearing me scream, they jumped apart. "Honestly, I don't know if I should feel awkward or happy", I said. Their eyes widened. Taylor was the first one to speak, "I- uh, I'll see you later Charlotte". I smirked, "Of course you will". He glanced at me and blushed before going to his room. Charlotte looked at me,"I'll- uh -go to sleep". My smirk widened.

Taylor was worried about me, my ass 

****************************************************************************************

Author's Note :

Thank you for being patient. 

I cried while writing this chapter. And I'm sure some people are pissed that they didn't kiss. I wanted them to, but when you think about it, Lisa is still to move on from her past. And it still haunts her.

But don't worry, I'll make their first kiss special.

Anyway, if you liked the chapter, don't forget to

Vote.

Comment.

And follow me on wattpad to read my other books.

Lots of love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

575K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...
2.5K 98 26
Gianna has a pretty decent life as a teenager in high school she has her best friends Mavis and Karan by her side she has a good grades and a okay...
9.8K 345 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
64.2K 1K 41
*FEATURED ON WATTPAD TEEN FICTION & WATTPAD ROMANCE* When a contract that her brother made keeps Katie from dating his best friend, she has to find a...