Breaking Free » l.∤.

By phoebe_memeseok

[One Direction + 5sos ft. some AOT characters] Katie is a simple Californian girl. She has a stressful life b... More

Chapter 1 - It Started With A Pie
Chapter 2 - The Follow
Chapter 3 - The Message
Chapter 4 - Sleepovers & Pepsi
Chapter 5 - Breaking The Ice
Chapter 6 - Forbidden
Chapter 7 - Just A Fan
Chapter 8 - Skype
Chapter 9 - The Baked Potato Co.
Chapter 10 - Hurricane Eudora
Chapter 11 - College Rescue
Chapter 12 - Hero
Chapter 13 - The Surprise
Chapter 14 - Adonna And Lewis
Chapter 15 - The Concert
Chapter 16 - The Quiet Dinner
Chapter 17 - Broken Friendship
Chapter 18 - Prom & Anime
Chapter 19 - Eleanor's Depression
Chapter 20 - Pain & Darkness
Chapter 21 - Last Hope
Chapter 22 - Ghosts and Pranks
Chapter 23 - Funeral
Chapter 24 - Drunk In Love
Chapter 25 - Harry's Anime Convention
Chapter 26 - Sasha & Levi
Chapter 28 - 5 Seconds of Ponies & Pervs
Chapter 29 - Kidnapped
Chapter 30 - Las Vegas
Chapter 31 - Katie's Demons
Chapter 32 - Happier Days
Chapter 33 - Broken Free (Final Chapter)

Chapter 27 - The Stars Over America

458 22 54
By phoebe_memeseok

(A/N): SO 1,000+ READS WHAT?!

UM

YEAH

WHAT.

Ok for real, this chapter is very very emotional. Again.

But then funny.

But then emotional again.

Then plain stupid.

ANNNNNNND...REPEAT!

Yeah just get ready to laugh and cry your ass off.

I'm dedicating this chapter to ScruffyHoran because of all the #Nemily moments. XD

Niall's POV:

"I know it's been awhile since we Skyped and I'm really sorry about that." Emily looked at me through her webcam.

"No, you don't have to apolgoize! I'd rather you were studying for your exams that blowing time with me." I joked. "We've been busy planning out the final leg of the tour."

"You sure Louis is um, ready to finish it?" She asked. I hesistated answering that.

"I dunno to be honest. He seemed okay when Katie left but he's gotten depressed again. We're waiting for Harry to come back so we can meet with Mr. Walus. He's one of our managers. There's something bizarre going on here, Em."

"Bizarre how?"

"Everytime Mr. Walus talks to Louis he locks himself away and won't talk to anyone."

"That sounds a bit immature?"

"Louis can actually be very sensitive. I dunno what Mr. Walus is filling his brain with." I took a drink of my tea.

"Well what do you think is going on? Do you think this has something to do with Katie?"

I nodded. "It has everything to do with her. He won't talk to her anymore or even mention her name."

"Yeah she's hurt that he won't talk to her anymore. I know Louis is going through a lot but I really hate seeing anyone hurt her. She doesn't let people in that easily and this is exactly why." Emily looked sad. "I hope you guys can fix this. It's hard seeing her like this."

"It's hard seeing Louis like this too. He's usually full of energy and now he barely comes out of his room." Emily looked sad. I was sad. God, this was depressing. The last thing I want is for our Skype calls to be remembered as depressing. There's really no point talking about this anymore, we can't do anything about it until Harry returns. "What are those cuts on your arm from?" I pointed to the screen, forgetting that she wasn't in the room with me. I tend to do that a lot when we Skype.

"Oh, those? Um..." She looked at her cuts and then back at me. She looked nervous and stalled answering as if she was thinking up a believable lie. "Um, they're uh...I just fell at home."

"Are you sure? What did you fall on to cause such a big cut?" I questioned her more. She looked upset that I wasn't going to accept her answer and move on like she anticipated.

"Um, there was some broken glass on the floor..."

"How did glass get on the floor?"

"I dropped a glass, okay!" She was getting frustrated now so I decided to back off. She was hididng something. There was something she wasn't telling me. I wish I could force her to tell me but I can't. She'll tell me when she's' ready. Why can't she be here? Everything would be so much easier...

"I'm sorry." I admitted. "I didn't mean to..."

"No, it's fine!" She sighed and looked down. "It's um...I shouldn't have raised my voice. That was stupid. I'm so stupid."

"You're not stupid." She smiled at me. "Are we still live tweeting Doctor Who tonight?"

She reached over the computer and grabbed a fez, placing it on her head. "Of course!" A huge smile spread across her face.

I crawled off my bed and pulled my own fez off the top of the dresser. Normally I had it hid so Louis doesn't steal it or put eggs in it or something random like that but he was too depressed to do anything at the time. It was actually a bit boring around here without his antics. I sat back down on the bed and modeled my own hat.

"Kinky." Emily mocked and I stuck my tongue out at her.

Yes we both ordered matching fez hats.

No that does not mean we're dating.

We just like being little freaks who live tweet new episodes of Doctor Who while we wear our matching Doctor Who apparal as we Skype from 7 thousand miles away.

Wow that sounded better in my head.

Suddenly my door opened, no one knocks anymore...wait, no one ever did to start with.

I panicked and thought about closing my laptop, just a bit embarassed by me and Emily and our Doctor Who erm,...........obsession? It was too late thought. It was just Liam anywho. I don't know who I thought it would be.

"Niall I...oh Jesus, Niall! Not you too?! What anime character are you supposed to be?" Liam cussed and wouldn't make eye contact with me.

"It's not anime, it's Doctor Who! You should know that!" I spun my fez around proudly. Liam shook his head at me.

"Great, we've got Eren the king of the titan slayers in one room and in here is the fez wearing timelord. I'm literally surrounded by geek club."

"Don't mock it till you try it Liam!"

"I'm living the Big Bang Theory...even worse, I'm Penny and that's the creepiest shit ever..." Liam's voice trailed off as he walked away. "Wait a minute, I was going to say something. Oh yes, we found Harry. He's in L.A. He's coming back home."

Harry's POV:

I'm such an idiot. She hates me. She never answered me so she must hate me. I don't even know where she is. I shouldn't have asked her out. That was going too far. I should have just kept it cool. You're Harry Styles, surely you of all people should know how to keep it cool?

I think I sort of became Louis over the past 7 days. I ran away from my problems and retreated to my home in California. That's sort of what Louis did. Except he had a good reason, the person he loved more than anything had died. What's my reasons? Because I can't force a girl to like me back? When did you become so pathetic, Harry...

"Special delivery." A delivery man pounded on the door. This better not be a fan, I'm not in the mood.

I stood up and walked to the door. It was actually a delivery man. I couldn't be more surprised.

I opened the door and took the box from him. "Thank you."

"Sign this, please." He stuck a clipboard in my face and I signed it and handed it back to the boy. He didn't seem to recognize me thankfully.

I set the small box on the counter, sliding Chinese carryout boxes away so I had space to open it. Inside there was a phone. My phone? How did my phone get in here? Oh, that's right I lost it at the bar. God, You're out of it Styles, you've been here for 7 days without your phone and you didn't even think to look for it.

In the bottom of the box was a note.

"Hello, your phone was recovered by a member of the Apple csotumer service center. We were able to find your address and send it back to you.

Have a great day!

Tammi

Apple Costumor Support Rep"

Well that was nice.

I pulled the charger out of my luggage, plugged my phone in and powered it on.

Jesus, that's a lot of missed messages.

"Liam: Where are you Harry?"

"Liam: I know Sasha went back to America so where are you? Did you go back with her you idiot?"

"Liam: Seriously, we're getting worried here. Please write us."

"Liam: Is it just me you're mad at? Did I do something wrong?"

"Zayn: hey Harry, where are you mate ?"

"Liam: You're not even gonna answer Zayn!?"

"Ed: I know Liam is a worrier but they're asking me to write you now. Where are you mate? Did the soldier girl kidnap? I told you fangirls and military training were a bad combo"

"Liam: Alright, Simon thinks you're at your house. So whenever you finally remember to check your god damn phone please come back home. We need to have a meeting with Walus. There's something fishy going on with him. Louis is depressed again btw. Come on, we you need Haz."

I felt terrible. This is what I get for feeling sorry for myself.

"Me: I'm sorry Liam my phone was missing. I just finally got it back."

It was only seconds until I got a reply.

"Liam: Thank god!!! Now get your ass back here!"

"Me: What's wrong with Louis? he was fine when I left?"

"Liam: We think Mr. Walus has done something to him."

"Me: Oh lord...alright I'll be back home before you know it. Set up the meeting with Walus for tomorrow."

"Liam: How did things go with Sasha?"

"Me: How do you think they went? Would I have ran home if we were madly in love?"

"Liam: Sorry it didn't work out buddy. She might come around, you never know. :)"

"Me: Sure."

Katie's POV:

Seven days.

It's been seven days, a whole week, and Louis won't talk to me. I know they're okay. 1DHQ posted on Twitter that they'll be getting back to touring soon. I couldn't decide if I was more sad or upset. I thought Louis was different but he's like every guy around here. They just want sex and when you won't give it to them they move on to someone who will. I really thought he cared about me more than that.

I should go study instead of worry about some guy who clearly isn't as worried about me as I am about him. I'll just log into Twitter one more time to make sure he hasn't wrote me...

Nothing.

What are Emily and Niall doing though? My timeline is completely covered in them.

"NiallOfficial: @EmilyLovesFOOD NO AMY!"

"EmilyLovesFOOD: @NiallOfficial AMMMMMYYYY"

"NiallOfficial: Are you watching this @EmilyLovesFOOD?!"

"EmilyLovesFOOD: GET OUT OF THE ROOM AMY."

"NiallOfficial: KEEP YOUR EYES CLOSED AMY."

"NiallOfficial DAMNIT AMY!!"

"EmilyLovesFOOD: DON'T LOOK AT IT AMY! CLOSE YOUR EYES!"

"NiallOfficial: @EmilyLovesFOOD WHERE THE HELL IS THE DOCTOR?!"

"EmilyLovesFOOD: @NiallOfficial GO FIND AMY YOU IDIOT."

"EmilyLovesFOOD: @NiallOfficial WHY IS SHE COUNTING?"

"NiallOfficial: STOP COUNTING AMY!"

"NiallOfficial: God that was intense!!"

"NiallOfficial: @EmilyLovesFOOD I knew the doctor would come haha!"

"EmilyLovesFOOD: @NiallOfficial YOU DID NOT YOU LIL SHIT"

"NiallOfficial: @EmilyLovesFOOD I DID SO!"

"1D_Updates: Lmao Nemly are live tweeting Doctor Who again!"

"1D_TMHTupdates: You guys are so obsessed with Doctor Who but are the caps really necessary lol #Nemily #DoctorWho"

"1D_US_Updates: @NiallOfficial @EmilyLovesFOOD YOU GUYS ARE SPOILING IT FOR US AMERICANS WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!!!"

"NiallOfficial: Hope you guys didn't mind Emily and I live tweetin the show!"

"NiallOfficial: @EmilyLovesFOOD We'll be here same time next week! Haha!

I shook my head and laughed at those two. I was happy for Emily, she needed someone like this. Niall was good for her. I'm glad she had someone she could fangirl with over Doctor Who.

"Me: @NiallOfficial @EmilyLovesFOOD you two are crazy!!!"

"NiallOfficial: Haha don't be jealous, Katie!"

He was right though. I was jealous. Louis and I used to be like this but...what happened?

I didn't have time to dwell on it now. Emily, Angel, and I are going to see 5sauce. Assuming Emily still remembers our plans after all that.

At least those guys still like us. Or, well me.

Emily and I wore similar renditions of the outfits we had worn at the One Direction concert while Angel had picked out a completely new wardrobe for this. She was excited, she didn't get out of her dorms much so when she did have something fine to do she went all out.

Ashton had sent us VIP tickets which I didn't realize until I looked at them before we left. I wasn't prepared to have to talk to them but Angel and Emily were pretty excited. We went backstage with a few other girls to see them before the show. We sat down on some skimpy fold up metal chairs and waited for the guys to come see us. Emily checked her phone while we waited.

"Guys, what's 'Nemily'? I've got a shit load of people tweeting it to me." Emily looked up from her phone at us.

"You don't know?" Angel laughed.

"You're the only one that doesn't know." I laughed with Angel. "That's your ship name the fans made up for you and Niall. You know, like Brangelina."

Emily's expression remained frozen and she looked back at her phone, scrolling through her list of mentions. "But...no that's stupid, that can't be. That doesn't sound right. Niall and...oh God, it is a couple name." Her face turned red and she blushed.

"There they are!" Michael shouted and skipped over to us in the stupidest way possible.

"Wow could you not be more punk rock." Emily joked as she put her phone away while Michael hugged the three of us.

"Kate! You made it!" Ashton shouted as him and Luke and Calum appeared from around the corner. He called me Kate? Most people don't call me that unless they know me well like Emily or...Louis did. God, don't think about him anymore. You're going to ruin this day for everyone if you let your feelings get the best of you.

I just realized I'm not nervous at all with these guys. It just feels like we're hanging out with friends now. This is so odd.

"Hope you guys didn't have any trouble getting here." Luke said.

"Well your security is pretty tight. I thought I was gonna have to strip down like at the airport for a minute there." Angel said.

"Yeah we have the same security as the 1D guys. You know how hardcore their team is." Calum said.

"So do you wanna hang out with us after the show? Maybe grab a bite to eat so we can catch up?" Ashton asked as he sat down beside me.

"Uh, sure I guess." I smiled and looked over my shoulder at the two grinning eagerly nodding girls behind me.

"Great! There's a Burger King not far from here. Sound good?" Michael asked and we agreed.

It was a pretty fast show, they only had 8 songs to perform. It went too quickly. At least I was able to forget about everything and have fun with my friends. I was so grateful for that. The stress from all this was killing me.

After the show was over everyone headed out of the arena pretty quickly. We got in my car and drove to Burger King. The traffic was horrible because of the concert but eventually we arrived.

We waited in our booth for almost an hour and they still hadn't showed up. I've been stood up by 5 guys just this week alone.

"Can we order some food already? I'm starving." Emily groaned and leaned back in her seat. Angel was sitting there playing with her straw wrapper in silence.

I looked out the window for them one last time and sighed. "I guess so."

"Sorry we're a little late! Took awhile to clear up some things before we could leave." A familiar Australian voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw Michael walk over and slide into the booth beside me, followed by Luke. Ashton slid in the seat across from me with Emily and Angel. Poor Calum had to be the awkward one that pull up a chair from another table and sits beside the booth.

"What do you guys want to eat?" Calum asked and pulled out his wallet, indicating they were buying.

"I don't care! I'm so hungry I could eat the entire menu!"

"Just order us a shit load of food, Cal." Michael said and Calum walked to the counter.

"So..." Ashton looked at me and then at Michael and Luke. "Um, how's everything going for you guys?"

"Good, we just took our exams and we're graduating next week." I said and Emily nodded in agreement.

"Wow, that's amazing." Ashton said. Luke and Michael looked away awkwardly. This was an uncomfortable subject for them. "So do you have any idea what you're going to do after school?"

Emily groaned and looked at each other. We were so sick of everyone asking us that. "Just once I'd love for someone not to ask me that." I managed to say between groans.

"Everyone keeps pestering us about it. We don't know what we want to do." Emily added onto my thought.

Ashton then turned towards Angel. "What about you? What are you in college for?"

"I'm studying photography and business management. I want to open up my own studio someday." Angel said proudly. It must be nice to have all your dreams planned out like that. Emily and I were still clueless.

From that subject we all exchanged more questions. Emily and I told them how we met and they told us about their first gig. Angel told them about the hurricane she lived through next and everything was just nice and normal. It was actually nice being friendly with someone who's genuinely interested in you like these guys are.

"Alright, here you go." Calum walked back over to us and set several bags full of food in front of.

"Holy shit, I was kidding about the whole menu!" Emily laughed as the boys tore open the bags and set out burgers and fries and chicken strips and...literally everything on the menu.

"How much was all this?!" Angel asked.

"Hey, it doesn't matter. This was our treat." Luke smiled at us.

"What are we going to do with all this food?" I laughed again.

"EATING CONTEST!" Ashton stood up in the booth and shouted. The few older customers in the restaurant glared at him and he awkwardly sat back down. "I mean...eating contest." He said quieter that time.

"I'm game!" Emily unwrapped several burgers and lined them up in front of her. Ashton, Michael, and Calum did the same. Luke, Angel and I just sat there and watched, not really wanting to participate.

Luke suddenly slid out of the booth and stood up. "Well I'll record it I guess." He pulled out his phone and got ready to record.

"What should I do?" Angel asked.

"Um, you can...uh...you can...erm..." Luke stuttered and lowered his phone to think.

"You know what, I'm starving, I'll join you guys!" Angel took me by surprise and reached across the table for a few burgers. This doesn't seem like something she'd normally do but I guess these guys brought out the wild side in us. Everyone was staring at me, waiting for me to say I'll join them.

I sighed, knowing they'd win. "Okay, fine!"

Luke raised the phone in front of him again. "Ok, are you ready? 3...2...1...go!"

This was pretty bad.

We looked pretty damn bad.

Why am I doing this again?

Oh, yeah that's right. Peer pressure.

Luke narrated the entire thing. "Michael is downing those burgers one by one like a vacuum...Calum is catching up, no Cal that's a napkin don't eat that...oh Emily just came out of nowhere and...damn girl! How many stomachs do you have?! Oh hey, Angel is catching up now...Katie is about tied with Angel."

Michael glanced over and noticed Emily was beating him dramatically so he grabbed some of her burgers and pulled them to his side of the table.

"You little cheating shit!" She said as soon as she swallowed the food in her mouth. She grabbed his neck and pretended to strangle him. Angel stopped eating completely because she was laughing.

"I'M DONE!" Ashton shouted and stood up on the seat again.

"We have a winner!" Luke called out and Ashton got out of booth. He danced around in victory while Emily was still wrestling Michael on the booth for cheating. Angel and I crawled out of the booth and Luke ended the video. Ashton was still enjoying his victory, he gave Calum a highfive and turned towards me. Without thinking, he grabbed me and lifted me off the ground. He spun me around and kissed me and set me back down, returning to jumping around as if it never happened. Angel looked at me surprised and I stared straight ahead. I wasn't sure what to do now.

Everyone went back to normal soon and we decided it was time to leave.

I was still stunned from the previous events. My heart was confused enough just with Louis and now Ashton had to go and complicate an already complicated situation.

Emily, Michael, and Calum were joking around by the front door. I walked ahead of everyone and headed straight for my car.

"Katie, wait up!" Ashton tried to follow me. I pretended I hadn't heard him and kept walking. Just as I opened the door of my car, he grabbed me on the shoulder. "I uh, I just want to say I'm sorry. I shouldn't have...you know..."

"It's fine, Ash." I faked a smile.

"No it's not. I shouldn't have done that to you. You're Louis' girl and..."

I sighed and looked down. "I'm not Louis' girl."

"You're not? I kind of though after everything between you two..."

"I know, I know." I gave him a look hoping he'd drop the subject but he wasn't prepared to. "I'm still single." I laughed sort of deliriously.

"Well since you're still free...do you mind if I...kiss you again?" Ashton asked boldly without a sign of insecurity. He was so confident and forward which was weird but somehow very interesting. He didn't even wait for me to answer. He bravely put a hand on the back of my neck and pulled my face to his as he kissed me. It was nice, don't get me wrong. But this just made everything a million times worse for me...

What am I supposed to say after that? I couldn't form words let alone thoughts.

"Thanks for seeing us tonight. I had a great time with you and the girls." He smiled sheepishly in a way that I couldn't just ignore him anymore.

"It...it was nice. Thanks for taking us out." I managed to say.

"Hope to see you soon. Take care of yourself." He gave me quick hug and walked away to round up the other guys. Michael and Emily were still messing around. Angel, Calum, and Luke were staring at us. I guess they saw all of that. I felt uncomfortable and sick and embarrassed all at once. I retreated into the car. One shouldn't feel like crying after kissing Ashton Irwin so why do I? He was nice. He was sweet. Weirdly enough he was even a gentlemen but I couldn't even bring my mind to thinking about the kiss. All I could think about was Louis. Why did Louis have to screw up my head. I should give Ashton a chance since Louis clearly doesn't want anything to do with me. I just can't bring myself to it though.

I really couldn't wait until we could go home so I can lay on my bed and cry.

Niall's POV:

I've never been so jealous in my life. Look at these pictures in my newsfeed! Emily and Michael wrestling? It looks like they're flirting to me. And she's standing there against the wall laughing at whatever Calum is telling her. Why am I even jealous? We're not dating. We're not even close to dating. We're just friends. I can't help it though. I want to make her smile like that, not them. She told me they were going out with 5sauce tonight and I didn't think much of it. I thought they would just hang out, I didn't think they were going to have so much fun. An eating competition? Don't even get me started on that. I'm not good enough for her am I? Tweeting about Doctor Who isn't enough. She needs someone there in real life. A shoulder to cry on and a friend to laugh with. I can't be that to her. We're too far apart.

"Niall, are you alright back there mate?" I looked up from my phone to see Liam turned around in the driver's seat, watching me.

"No, I'm not. Look at all these pictures of the girls with 5sauce!"

"So?" Liam laughed mockingly. "Don't tell me you're getting jealous like Louis was?"

"No I'm not! I just uh...I'm..." Yeah, who am I kidding he's completely right. I didn't want them to think of me this was though. "I just know what those guys are like. I don't want Emily to get hurt."

"I'm sure they were just hanging out, Niall." Harry reassured me. We picked up Harry from the airport a few hours ago. He was in the passenger seat beside Liam and Zayn and I were in the back. While Emily and I were watching Doctor Who, the other lads got tipped off about a security camera in the basement of the church where Eleanor's funeral reception was held. That's where we were going because, for some crazy reason, they got the idea that we'll be able to retrieve the camera and see what Mr. Walus and Louis were up to all that time since Louis won't talk to any of us.

"Not to change the subject but..." Zayn started speaking, catching all of our attention. "How exactly are we getting in the church? It's 9pm, I'm sure there's no one there."

"Liam was able to talk the pastor into lending us a key." Harry answered. We resumed our previous silence. I looked back down at my phone. All these tweets were giving me anxiety and I don't even know why.

"#New #Picture 5sos with Emily and Katie tonight!"

"Seeing Emily with Michael makes me wonder if Nemily is real after all. How many times have we we ever seen her with Niall?"

"Who's Emily anyway and why do you guys care? Is she in the band? lmao"

"Emily is Niall's friend, the one that tweets Doctor Who"

"Feeling for Niall rn if he's stalking the trends #NemilyIsFake"

"No one ever confirmed Nemily anyway, you guys jumped to conclusions!"

"Isn't she just Katie's friend? Part of the beard club hired by management?"

"RT if you ship #Nemily, Fav if you ship #MikeyAndEmily...btw we need a ship name for them"

I set my phone down on the seat. Reading that wasn't going to solve anything.

I did need some kind of answers though...

I picked it back up and went to message Katie. Nah, Katie is going through a lot right now. I'll try Angel. I don't remember how I got her number but I did. Everything has happened so fast with those girls, it's almost all a blur now.

"Me: Hey Ang! What's up? x"

It wasn't long at all before she wrote back.

"Angel: Hi Niall :) Not much, just got home."

"Me: Ok I'm gonna be honest, what's goin on w Emily n Michael ?"

"Angel: I knew you were gonna ask that after seeing the trends XD"

"Angel: Absolutely nothing, don't worry about it until it's confirmed by one of them."

"Me: I wasn't worried hah!"

"Angel: Keep telling yourself that Niall :3"

"Angel: Anyway Katie and Ashton on the other hand is something to think about."

"Me: What do ya mean?"

"Angel: They've been really close. Like really close tonight. Like kissing close."

"Me: What!"

"Angel: I'm sure there'll be pictures of them tomorrow to see."

"Me: What about Louis?"

"Angel: Louis won't talk to her. She's confused right now. Can you blame her?"

"Me: Nah I don't."

"Angel: Don't tell anyone this, especially Katie... but...I was jealous."

"Me: Of her and Ash ?"

"Angel: Yeah...I don't know when I started liking him. I don't want to like him. I don't want ill feelings between Katie and I."

"Me: Just like ya told me, don't worry about it until it's confirmed !"

"Angel: Thanks"

"There's no one here." Harry said. I looked up from my phone, remembering our situation. Liam had just pulled the car into the church's parking lot and stopped in front of the door. We all got out and walked to the door.

"Alright, now everyone be cool." Liam turned and faced us before unlocking the door. "No snooping around, we all stick together. Niall, stay out of the kitchen. Harry no ringing the bell."

"Yes, daddy." Zayn mocked him.

"Liam, we're not babies. Open the damn door." Harry said. Liam rolled his eyes and unlocked the door, letting us all inside. The lights were already on for some reason. It was a little bit creepy being all alone in here but at least I had these guys.

"This is great, it feels like we're in some kind of James Bond movie." I joked.

"Yeah, we need some kind of code names, mate?" Zayn laughed and Harry started humming the theme from Mission Impossible. "You can be Captain Ireland, Liam is definitely Daddy..."

Liam groaned, clearly annoyed with us. "God, can you guys act like adults for 40 seconds, please?" He pleaded. We all nodded.

As soon as it was quiet I mumbled "Turdy nine...turdy eight...turdy seven..." Zayn and Harry laughed. Liam turned around and glared at me.

"Jesus, you guys are immature...wait, what's that?" Liam stopped and we stopped behind him. There was light coming from the stairs leading down to the basement. "Hello? Is anyone down there?" There was a loud crashing sound from the basement. Suddenly this got a bit scary.

We rushed down there and saw a man trying to escape out a small window. Liam and Zayn grabbed the man by his pants and pulled him back through the window.

"Well well well, look who we have here boys." Liam said and turned the man around to face us.

"Mr. Walus" Harry crossed his arms and walked over to the uneasy business man. He looked so nervous. We already knew he was guilty of something but now it was perfectly clear to everyone else that he was. "And what would a innocent person being doing back here?"

He hesitated for a moment, collected his thoughts and stood up tall with confidence. "What am I doing here? Shouldn't I be asking you the same thing?"

"We were given a key, what about you?" Liam asked and the glanced to his right and pointed at the window and glass covered floor below it. "That broken window tells me you weren't supposed to be here."

I looked around the room and saw metal ladder that had fallen over, that explains the loud crashing sound earlier. It was lined up right under the security camera on the wall. "And that ladder which happens to be conveniently placed under the security camera makes you look pretty guilty as well."

"Well that's a dead give away. What do you have to hide?" Liam leaned closer to him and asked. He was breathing heavily on us.

"N-nothing!" He protested.

"Then why were you trying to escape out the window?" Harry asked. He had no answer to that so the man remained silent and stared at us. "If only you weren't so short, you could have gotten away with it without the ladder falling over and giving you away." Harry looked at the ladder under the security camera. "But you're hopelessly short like Levi." Harry laughed at his own joke as usual. His jokes never made sense to begin with but now we were really confused.

"Huh?" I asked.

"I don't get it." Zayn agreed. "Is it an anime joke again?"

Liam seemed to understand. He shook his head and sighed. "Harry, no..."

"Harry, yes."

Mr. Walus took our confusion as an opportunity to take a mad dash for the window again. Harry and I being the closest to him quickly caught him and pulled him back by his shoulders. "God, is this any way to treat your manager?" He protested and we held him still as Liam and Zayn walked over to us.

"Come on, you're coming back to the hotel with us." Liam said and gestured for us to follow him out to the car. It felt like we were some kind of gang. And the way Harry and I were holding Mr. Walus it looked like we were thugs holding him so Zayn could beat the crap out of him. I guess that would make Liam our gang leader.

Except Liam is wearing bunny slippers.

Totally gang leader.

Louis' POV:

As stupid as it is, I'm just as depressed now as I was when I first heard Eleanor died. I'm so stupid. I can't handle anything. God, what's wrong with me? I didn't even know Katie that long. How can I be this effected by her? Why can't I be like most guys? There's millions of guys who can sleep with a girl and not even care in the morning. I've never been like that. The worst part is we didn't even 'sleep together' and I'm still this hurt.

God, stop thinking about her. She doesn't love you. She loves whatever that little shit's name was. She used you, Louis.

I just don't understand how anyone could hide it so well... how could she make it...us... seem so believable...

I looked down at my wrists with tears burning down my face. Jesus, stop crying over her. It's been a week. Get over it.

The scars on my arms were healing quickly.

I honestly wished I could cut them open again.

And what's this bracelet she gave me? Did that load of shit she told me mean anything? Was it even true? Did she make up that crap about cutting?

I couldn't even begin to think about that. It hurt too much.

I ripped off the bracelet she gave me and threw it across the room and laid back in bed. I dropped my head into my hands and laid with my back against the headboard, giving in to the tears that were taking over.

"Louis?" Niall's voice called from outside my door followed by a quick knock. "Louis, buddy, come out. We need to talk to you. It's really important."

I managed to stop crying long enough to raise my voice so he could hear me. "Not now."

"Is everything alright?" Harry's voice then appeared.

Is everything alright? Of course everything is peachy, why would I have a problem with my girlfriend ditching me from some scrawny little security guard.

I don't have the energy to sass them. Everything hurts. Everything.

"I'm fine." I mumbled under my tears.

"He's really not fine at all." Niall said and I heard what sounded like a slap followed by a squeaking sound coming from Niall.

"Louis," Liam's voice followed Niall's and I sighed. Why can't they leave me alone. "I get it, you know we all understand how you feel." If you understood you'd leave me alone, Liam... "But if you don't come out then we'll just take the door down."

We did that to Zayn once when we couldn't get him to wake up. They actually will take the door down. We've got a special screwdriver for this and everything.

"Jesus..." I mumbled and got out of bed. I dried my eyes with the corner of my t-shirt and opened the door. If I was strong enough I'd scold them for forcing me to come out, but at this point I was too weak to argue with anyone. The sight in front of me took away any thoughts I had of arguing. Mr. Walus was sitting on the couch beside a police officer and the other lads were gathered around the television.

"What the hell happened?" Was all I could say.

"Come on out, we have something to show you." Niall grabbed my arm and tried to pull me out of the room. I brushed him off and walked out on my own. No one was going to help me walk, I'm not that unstable.

Mr. Walus was giving me the weirdest look I'd ever seen. He looked helpless and afraid. The cop even looked as if he felt sorry for me. What the hell was going on? Why did we need a cop supervising anyway?

"Watch the TV, Lou." Harry instructed and Liam turned on the TV. A video began playing of some party. It looked like footage from a security camera. This looked sort of familiar. Wait, this is the reception after Eleanor's funeral. This the church. "I don't understand?" I said outloud.

"This is you and Katie." Zayn pointed to two figured on the TV that were clearly us. Why was I holding her like that? She's not mine. No wonder people were acting weird towards us. Oh god, she looked great in her black dress...

"Louis, are you paying attention?" Liam asked me.

"Yeah, sorry." He unpaused the video and it played out. We were just standing there when suddenly that guy bumped into us. It was Mr. Walus, I forgot that it was him who ran into her.

"That's Mr. Walus as you know." The video paused suddenly and I looked at Liam who was walking over to the TV. "Look at his hand." Liam pointed to the screen. Mr. Walus' hand was in Katie's jacket pocket. The video unpaused and I saw him pull out her phone and slip it into his own pocket.

"What the f-"

"Tell him." Harry glared at Mr. Walus.

"I sent those messages from Katie and Weston. I'm sorry, Louis." Mr. Walus looked at me in fear. He wasn't genuinely sorry, the man couldn't possibly feel sorry for anyone. He was sorry he was caught though. I've never been so pissed at anyone. I couldn't believe it. Actually I could believe it which made it even harder for me. I should have known he was capable of this. I trusted him too much. I trusted he actually wanted the best for us as a band. He only cared about us making money, he didn't want our personal lives to get in the way. How can someone do this to a person? How can you screw up someone's life like that?

"Louis, stop!" Niall shouted. I suddenly realized I had my hands around the guy's throat. Oops?

The cop was looking at me but not stopping me. I think he thought I deserved a head start on the asshole. Harry was grinning like he wanted me to fight the guy. He probably would if he were in my situation.

"You're lucky a cop is here or else I'd beat the shit out of you." I whispered in his ear and let him go, letting the cop take over the situation.

The officer stood Mr. Walus up and pulled out his handcuffs from his belt. "Alright, Samuel Levi Walus you're under arrest for..."

"I KNEW IT! HE'S A LEVI!" Harry shouted and punched the hair.

"Well what do you know, his name actually is Levi and he's unnaturally short and sassy for his age." Liam laughed and everyone stared at him in surprise

"It's not cool when you do it, Liam." Harry shook his head but couldn't help crack a little bit of a grin.

"It's cooler when I do it!"

"Liam no..."

"Liam yes, Harry...Liam yes."

"Are you guys going to let me finish arresting him or...?" The officer asked.

"Please continue." Harry cleared his throat and him and Liam composed themselves.

"Where was I? Oh yes, Samuel Levi Walus, you're under arrest for identity theft, impersonation of..."

"Whoa whoa whoa, you can't do this to me! I work for One Direction!"

"Ha!" I laughed sarcastically and turned towards him. He really had the audacity to assume he had a job with us still? After all that? "You think you still have a job? That's cute. You're fucking fired."

The officer handcuffed Mr. Walus and took him out to his squad car in front of the hotel. Harry and Liam followed them out.

"Have fun in jail Levi!" Harry said as the officer pushed Mr. Walus into the back of the squad car.

"You're gonna hate it there, it's filthy!" Liam added and laughed.

"Why are you two twerps calling me Levi? That's not my name!" Mr. Walus shouted through the cracked window of the squad car.

"You short like him." Harry grinned.

"You're going to love community service! They make you clean up litter in the national park where all the big ass trees are!" Liam said proudly and Harry started laughing uncontrollably. Liam's face became pale all of a sudden and he looked away. "Oh God... oh God... it's contagious. What am I doing...no, I refuse to become an anime geek. Sophie! Sophie baby, get the Fifa out!" Liam literally ran back into the hotel and away from Harry.

As for me I went back inside. I wasn't even mad at Mr. Walus anymore. I was mad at myself. I should have trusted my instincts. Everything in me told me she wouldn't have done this but I refused to listen to myself. Even the boys knew and they went out of their way to prove it. I didn't do that. I ran away and hid from my problems.

"Thank you...so much." I turned and faced whoever was still here. Zayn and Niall were still in the room and Harry just walked back in. Liam had seriously gone off to reinstate his manhood.

"You're welcome, Lou." Niall said.

"We knew there was something up. Katie wouldn't have done that." Harry said.

"We trust you, we know you wouldn't have gotten involved with someone that would treat you like that." Zayn added to their statements.

Liam raced past us suddenly, holding a pile of sport themed Xbox games in his hands. He kneeled down on the floor in front of the TV and quickly plugged in the Xbox. "Damnit, Harry! Get your God damn Attack on Titan DVDs out of the Xbox!" We all ignored him and pretended he wasn't there while he panicked to find the TV remote.

"I feel like such an arse though. I've ignored her for a week because of all this." I combed my fingers through my hair and looked at the guys as I paced between them.

"I'm sure she'll understand." Harry said.

"Well what are you waiting for? We didn't do all that work for you to pace around us!" Niall laughed and gestured for me to go back to my room. "Go talk to her! God, I never thought I'd be so happy to see him lock himself in his room again." Niall said to Zayn who smiled and nodded in response.

Just as I turned around and began walking back to my room, Liam turned the TV on and a host of some entertainment show mentioned a familiar name.

"Heads up Directioners! Louis might not be back in the game after all! His rumored American gal pal Katie was seen last night with Ashton Iriwn from 5 Seconds of Summer. She went to a restaurant in California with the rest of the band and things got pretty steamy when the two exchanged what appears to be a very passionate 'goodbye' snogging session in front of her car! We've got the pictures to prove it! Looks more than friendly to me, don't you think? Ashton took to Twitter afterwards tweeting: 'Had the best time with Katie last night! Words can't describe how luck I am to know her!' He later added: 'Wish we could take her with us on tour!' Isn't that sweet? Katie replied saying: "Miss you guys already! xo" X's and O's? What do you make of that, Directioners and 5sauce fans? Think Katie and Ashton might be the biggest thing since Haylor? Tweet us your opinions!"

That was the last thing I saw coming. My heart sank and the other guys looked at my sadly. If there hadn't been pictures I wouldn't have believed it. But the pictures...she looked so happy with him...

"Louis, wait!" Harry tried to stop me but I ignored him. I backed away from them and retreated back to my room.

"Give him some time." Zayn touched Harry on the shoulder, preventing him from following me.

I needed air. Again. That's become a thing with me lately.

I walked straight through my room and out onto the balcony. I didn't even know we had a balcony in this bloody hotel. I had the curtains pulled nearly everyday.

I found it though.

A week ago.

When Katie was here.

I pulled the shades up and let the light in.

I smiled and laughed.

What did I do for her? Ignore her. Left her without any explanation.

She could have messaged me at least right?

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at my messages. Then I checked Twitter.

When did I unfollow her? No wonder she moved on. She thinks I hate her.

I don't even remember doing that...how upset was I that I don't even remember it?

God, look at all these pictures of her with Ashton.

Now she's smiling and laughing with him the way she made me smile and laugh. I should be happy for her. I had my chance with and I blew it. He'll make her happy, he's a bit of a moron but he's not a bad guy.

He better not hurt her.

Or touch her.

Ever.

Jesus, pull it together. You can't have her. Maybe it'd be best if I just left her alone. This isn't some game between me and Ashton...even though I did warn that little son of a bitch to back off... she's not a prize. She's a person. She has feelings. She made her decision. I have to respect it. I played with her heart too much as it is. I made her think I loved her. God, how I did love her. I still do love her. But it'd be wrong to confuse her anymore. I don't want to hurt her again.

As long as she's still smiling like she was in this picture....

I leaned over the railing on the balcony and looked up at the stars. There was so many of them. Just a painful reminder of how far away I am from her.

Katie's POV:

Sometimes I sit on the roof to think about things. It's relaxing and I can just get some fresh air up here. As fresh as marijuana scented, industrial cancer-causing pollution filled, all American, Californian air is anyway.

We live in the suburbs. The back of our house faces a cliff which drops off thousands of feet and the city is below. On a clear night you can actually see it lit up in all it's overrated glory. It reminds you how small you are and how big the world really is.

Things have been hard lately. I've been coming out here a lot.

They won't leave me alone.

The girls at school, they hate me.

They don't want me to have Ashton or Louis, they just want me to die alone.

I don't think I'm doing the right thing anyway. I'm not over Louis at all. I'm not even close to it. Ashton was nice but...

I shouldn't have tweeted him that I miss him. That was sending mixed signals.

Of course apologizing for kissing me and then kissing me again 23 seconds later is also sending mixed signals but who's keeping track?

I just want things to get better. I just want school to be over.

I want to graduate and move on.

I want to forget about Louis and our near one night stand but I can't.

He's not thinking about me, he made that clear by unfollowing me. I shouldn't think about him...

I hope he's happy. I hope something is making him smile again.

I wish I could smile again.

I'm afraid he's the only thing I had to smile about.

I sighed and looked up at the stars.

I wonder if he ever sees them and thinks of me?

(A/N): LAWD I AM SO SORRY I GOT SO EMOTIONAL TOWARDS THE END THERE JUST...LAWD.

The song for this chapter was obviously "All Of The Stars" by Ed Sheeran. (It's attached to the side) I've been planning to write this chapter where Louis and Katie are looking at the stars ever since I heard that song many many months ago. (Before I started this story actually)

SO, AS USUAL, YOU CAN BLAME ED FOR ALL THESE FEELS.

Bye now my emotional dears.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 29 21
One Direction dirty imagines, might add some 5sos in it too. Some stories might get rough, the rough ones will have warnings at the top so you know w...
249 40 15
!!DISCONTINUED!! I wrote this when I was like 12. I only republished it in hopes it would inspire someone else to stand up to family members who are...
178K 1.6K 126
I write a bunch of preferences, some mine, some not. You can always request one if you would like a speciel one :)
5.2K 137 49
(5SOS/1D Fanfic) Every girl secretly or sometimes not so secretly wishes for a cliche romance. Whether it be a heartwarming first love or a dream wed...