The Alpha King's Rose

Od Summer_Shadows

This is the third and final book to 'The Alpha's little Mate' Rose Blackthorn, youngest child and only daugh... Viac

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty

6.2K 173 25
Od Summer_Shadows

Rose's POV

The next day after the funeral was not a happy one, Ella retreated to the nursery with Genesis on account of it becoming too painful to stay in Theo's room. My mother wasn't much better, after staying as strong as she could, now the funeral was over, she was being overpowered by the loss of her firstborn baby. Dad found her crying over Theo's sonogram photos in her stomach, along with early photos of just him, mum and dad as a newborn growing into a toddler and then into a strong-headed young boy. I spent time with Nate and Cole, both Nicholas and Lilli giving us time together to mourn our older brother. 

Once three days had past Nicholas began to get restless, I could tell he wanted to travel back to Russia as we'd been away for over a week now. He became more and more worried about me and the baby, I could feel his gaze on me constantly almost waiting for something to go wrong. Finally, I began to get fed up so asked Nate to organize a checkup for me and talk through realistic scenarios of the birth.  

"Right, just warning you the gel will feel cold ok Rose," Nate said clicking open a plastic tube and squeezing the blue gel onto my stomach. I let out a little squeak as the cold substance hit my skin, 

"Told ya!" Nate grinned picking up the strange scanner device attached to the screen, 

"Now, the first thing I want to do is check the baby's heartbeat, and see if there are any obvious abnormalities that would indicate they had similar problems as you Rose. As we don't know what caused the problems with your heart aside form early birth we can't be sure if it's hereditary or just a one-off mutation." 

I nodded, "Sounds like a start." I said nervously, 

Nicholas stayed silent beside me, gripping my hand and watching Nate's actions closely. 

Nate took the scanner and spread the gel across my belly, next he clicked and tapped some things on the screen. Then suddenly, the muffled thumping blasted out strongly from the machine. I held my free hand to my mouth, tears trickling from my eyes at the fast steady heartbeat of my baby. Nicholas gave me a gentle kiss, smiling in awe at the pounding sound.

After moving the scanner around a bit, pressing more buttons and making some notes, Nate smiled, "I am pleased to say that your baby's heartbeat is sound and strong, now the machine can't tell us everything of course, it would be wise to run some checks after the birth but I am confident in saying that it is hight unlikely your baby will have the same heart problems as long as their heart is fully developed at birth."

Nicholas let out a breath of relief, smiling.  

"Now that we've checked the heart, let's get a clear picture of my future niece or nephew." 

Then on the screen, was a strange black and white image of our baby. 

"Hey, baby," I whispered smiling at the screen, it looked like a strange human-like bean,

"Do you guys want to know the gender? Now you're a month along we should be able to get a clear picture." 

I looked at my mate, "Shall we find out?|

"I don't mind, we are blessed either way."

I nodded, "Yes Nate, tell us."

"Ok then..." Nate type some things into the screen before announcing, "Congratulations you are having a baby Boy." Nate smiled,

"A boy," I whispered,

"A son, we're going to have a son," Nicholas said amazed, 

"Right," Said Nate, his voice becoming serious, "Now we've checked on my nephew, and we can see that all is well, for now, we should discuss the risks of the birth." 

I nodded silently, unease stirring in my chest, 

"As I've said before, I believe the best way for Rose to deliver is by C-section. If you decided to have more children in the future, and Rose's heart had been stable for a long period of time, you could attempt a natural birth if you wish. However, considering you had to have a severe heart operation just over a week ago, I do believe that to attempt a natural birth would be extremely life-threatening for Rose, and possibly your son too." 

Nicholas put a protective arm around me, a faint rumble in his chest as if he could scare off the danger of childbirth.  

"I just don't think your heart could handle it right now Rose," Nate said solemnly.

"I understand," I whispered quietly. 

"I assume you'll both be returning to Russia soon?" 

I shifted uncomfortably, knowing my family wanted me to stay until after the birth, believing it safer for me and the babe not to travel or be put under strain. 

"Yes, we will. The end of the week at the latest." Nicholas said determined, "I fear we have been away too long already, but it couldn't be helped." 

"That's fine, I believe that at this stage of the pregnancy it's safe for you to travel back but after that, no more traveling. As you are approaching the stage when Mother gave birth to you Rose, it is imperative that you have regular check-ups for you and your son, stay on bed rest and avoid strain at all cost. This will hopefully prevent another premature birth, that would most likely lead to your son being still-born." Nate finished gravely, 

"I know it's hard to hear Rose, but for the sake of your life and your son's please listen to me. And once you are past the three-month stage I think we can breath easy and the baby is past the risk of under developmental issues." 

"Now," Said Nate making more notes on a form, "Towards the end of that fourth month, schedule with your doctors a time to induce labor and perform the C-section. If all goes to plan then it should be reasonable stressless labor, and with little pain for you Rose, with the right drugs and such. I will send my notes over to your doctors back in Russia, and recommend the constant monitoring of your heart during labor and delivery."

"And if we follow all this, then both Rose and the baby will be fine? They'll both live?"

"At this stage, I can't promise too much, so much can change in the next two and a half months, but yes if everything goes to plan, then this is the safest way of delivering your firstborn son."

"Thank you, Nate, you've helped to lessen our fears."

"Anything for my baby sister." He smiled.

...

"Do you really have to go?" My mother asked hugging me tighter, 

"Yes!" I half laughed, we had stayed to the end of the week just as Nicholas had said, I had spent time with my family, and taken Nicholas down into Valley where I was born. Then further down across the old paths, I walked as a young girl in the woods. 

"You'll let us know how everything goes with the pregnancy-"

"Yes, Mum"

"And Call as soon as my grandson is born,"

"Of course," I laughed at my mother's anxious ramblings, 

"I'll have your father arrange a visit as soon as we get a word so that we can see you and the baby." 

"Come on Phoenix, let the other's say goodbye to Rose." Said my Dad carefully disentangling my mother's arms from me. 

I pulled my twin brother's into a tight group hug, "Urghh Rose you're turning us into conjoined twins." grumbled Cole as he was squished up against his twin.

"Sharing the womb with you was more than enough thank you, I do not want to be conjoined." Said, Nate pushing away his twin's face,

I laughed, "Come on you guys just hug me." 

They conceded, my two beanstalk brothers' encircling me in their joint embrace. 

Next, I said goodbye to Lilli, "It was great finally meet you, Lilli, I hope you and Cole are very happy together. Hopefully, you might be able to stop him staying out till goddess knows when with his band." I laughed

"Oh don't worry I will." 

Finally, it was Ella, who came out with Genesis to say goodbye to me, "You'll get through this, I know you can." I whispered, hugging her and the baby fiercely, 

"You'll be a strong and great Queen, I know it. And I'm only a phone call away so don't hesitate to stay in touch, promise ok?"

"I promise," Ella gave me half a smile, "Say goodbye to Auntie Rose Genesis!" She cooed at her newborn, Genesis gurgled in response, I smiled knowing that even though my brother was gone they wouldn't be alone. 

...

"Rose? Are you feeling alright? It's not the baby is it?" Nicholas asked worriedly as we waited for the jet to take off, 

"Hmm? What, oh no he's fine!" I smiled putting a hand on my bump, "I was just thinking how nice it's been to be back in the sun, I'll miss it when we're home."  I said turning to look at the window.

Although our visit had been a somber one, I couldn't help but revel being back home, especially soaking up the warm golden rays of the sun, which Russia lacked so much this time of year. It would be months before the snow melted. 

As the jet rumbled to life, Nicholas wrapped his arms around me and pulled me back the lie against his chest. 

"Thank you, Nicholas, for this, I know two weeks was too long to be away, but I really appreciate it." 

Nicholas kissed my head, nuzzling my hair, "Anything for you moya luybov."

The jet shook with turbulence as we rose higher into the sky, I gripped Nicholas' arms and shut my eyes tight. Nicholas held me close in his embrace, muttering soothing words my ear. 

Soon the ride smoothed out and I let out a sigh of relief, "I have to admit, I'm really not a fan of flying sometimes."

"Why don't you get some rest? We've got a long flight ahead of us."

I shook my head, "No if I sleep now on the flight, I'll be wide awake by the time we arrive home at nightfall. I want to get over jet lag as soon as possible."

"Ok, my love, whatever you say." Nicholas chuckled, knowing it wouldn't be long till I was fast asleep, especially if I stayed in his arms.

I wiggled out of his embrace, getting to my feet, 

"Where are you going? Come back."

"I'm getting food," I said heading to the bar, 

Nicholas laughed, "Rose we had breakfast only an hour or so ago!"

"Your son is hungry so shove off!" I scowled, the pregnancy hormones already taking their toll over me. 

...

The flight was long, I tried to sleep after Nicholas' insistence but I was too restless, even when I was lying in his arms I barely got an hours worth of sleep. My nerves continued to grow the closer we got to Russia, had there been any more attacks? Would the baby be safe? We had been away for too long, guilt swamped me, Nicholas hadn't wanted to leave and for good reason really. Oh goddess, had I caused rifts for no reason? But I had to attend my brother's funeral. My emotions were going up and down, as I fought the tears threatening to fall. 

Nicholas sensed my inner turmoil, but I think he mistook it for my uneasiness of flying, as he didn't say anything but to pull me back into his arms whenever I paced or fretted. 

"It'll be over soon moy luybov" He murmured kissing my head. 

"It's not just the plane." I sighed putting my face in my hands, 

I cursed the tears I felt in my palms, it felt as if all I did now was cry or fight.

"Rose, moy Roza, please tell me what's the matter? How can I fix this?"

"I'm scared, Nicholas." I finally whispered, "Terrified for our people, that Sokolov is attacking and killing them. But not only them other packs other innocent people!" My voice was thick with emotion at the thought of all the bloodshed, all because Sokolov didn't want me as Queen.

"... And, I'm so terrified of losing you, and our son." I croaked,  "He'll be after you both I know it!"

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

2.2M 75.6K 58
18+ | April has lived her entire life with humans. So when the controlling Alpha who turns out to be her mate tries to force her to leave with him, s...
620K 13.7K 35
"You will be coming to my pack with me." he said grabbing me by my waist, "No." I refused. "No?" he asked. "No." I answered, nervously. "Fine then...
115K 2.6K 20
Luna is part of the Blue Moon pack, sworn enemies of the Black Thorn pack. She has just come of age. It is time for her to find a mate. What happens...
132K 7.3K 51
In a world where werewolves reign in the supernatural realm-also where humans are still oblivious to the existence of such creatures-Vladimira Volchi...