Silver

By Authortjtristan

anything but mortal. COMPLETED. ****Book 2 in the Grey Saga**** -mature content- After outwitting Lucifer, Jo... More

Before You Begin
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 26

1.5K 98 17
By Authortjtristan

"Siobhan- I swear Grey- she was right here," I breathed, in shock. How did she disappear like that? And what the hell was she? I knew by the way my soul burned underneath my skin that she wasn't a Fallen. Was she a Demon then?

Grey rolled his eyes. "I think you're hallucinating," he hummed, taking my hand firmly and pulling me with him down the street.

"No, I'm not. I know what I saw. She had black eyes. And pointy teeth. Is that what a Demon looks like in their natural form?" I questioned, getting more and more worked up by the minute.

"Well, yes, but she's not a Demon. She's a Fallen. I would know if she were a Demon," Grey replies stiffly, not even glancing back at me over his shoulder.

"How would I know a Demon's natural form if I hadn't just seen her? The only other time I've ever come across Demons they've looked like humans," I explained, hoping he'd appeal to logic.

"I don't know Greene. Can you just let it go? I'll take you back to the room so you can get some rest. You're probably just exhausted and seeing things," Grey huffed.

"I had her. I had her pinned against the rock. The rock cracked when I shoved her against it. That wouldn't just happen if I were hallucinating, Grey. And I'm not even that tired," I retorted.

He stopped and turned around to face me, his facial features darkening slightly. "She's not following you. She doesn't care enough. She certainly wouldn't confront you. Siobhan is many things, but stupid is not one of them. She'd have to be in order to challenge you like that," Grey scowled.

"Well then she's a first rate idiot because that dumb bitch confronted me and proceeded to push my buttons. I don't think you know her as well as you think you do. People change. Especially after dying and 300 years," I folded my arms, snorting as if this conversation were absurd.

Why he couldn't bring himself to believe me, I had no idea. Maybe he still had feelings for her? I couldn't think of any other possible reason for him choosing to defend her instead of seeing rationality. I was also quite offended that he repeatedly chose not to believe me today. What reason would I have to lie? He was already my boyfriend. And if he told her he had no more feelings for Siobhan, I believed him. Or, at least, I had believed him until now.

"Why would she follow us then? Hm? Why would she confront you?" Grey narrowed his eyes at me a little.

"Oh well, I dunno, it's not like I'm dating the love of her life or anything," I replied sarcastically. Dumbass. She had plenty of reasons to hate me.

"I told you, we broke it off before she died," Grey rolled his eyes, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Really? Then why the fuck did she kiss you? Doesn't seem like she got the memo," I retorted.

"She was drunk. I don't know. There's nothing going on between us. God, Greene. If I had known you'd be this-"

"This what, Grey? Finish that sentence," I growled out through gritted teeth.

He took a deep breath. "Overprotective. If I had known you'd be this overprotective, I never would've even called out her name when I saw her. I don't want to fight with you. There's nothing going on," he explained coolly.

"I swear to God I saw her. She had a full on conversation with me," I frowned.

"Okay. If you say she did, then she did," Grey replied softly.

Ugh. This was so frustrating. He obviously didn't believe me and wouldn't even explain to me why. His reasoning was far from sound, and for a normally logical person, this didn't make any sense. One of my favorite things about Grey was how intelligent he is. But right now he was being a dumbass.

I let out a frustrated growl and walked past him, even though I had no idea where I was going. I just needed some breathing space.

"Greene? Where do you think you're going?" He gripped my arm, catching up to me.

"Away from you. You're pissing me off," I mumbled.

"Just because of Siobhan?" He frowned.

Just because of Siobhan.

Really, Grey? Your psycho royal pain in the ass ex is stalking us, trying to start a fight with me, and also trying to break us up and you also fucking kissed her and you're asking why this is a big deal? Oh and she's also a Demon. You know- the things that are trying to KILL ME?

Don't 'just because of Siobhan' me.

"Ok. Look. Your stalker bitch of an ex is trying to break us up and start a fight with me and she's a Demon, which I now know because I just saw it, and you're seriously asking me how this is a big deal?" I fumed.

"You don't know she's a Demon. I think you're overtired and stressed out and you're hallucinating," he rolled his eyes.

I almost screamed.

He was the most frustrating person I've ever met.

"She is part of the coalition that is trying to destroy me and everything good in this world," I explained slowly, losing my temper.

"Let's just go get you some rest-" Grey began, but I held up my hand to silence him.

"No. You know what? I need some space. And you need to give me some. You go home. I have a key. I'll see you later," I rolled my eyes, turning on my heel and starting to walk away.

I felt Grey's hand wrap around my arm to stop me and slowly turned back around, my soul now sizzling beneath my skin again. I felt my eyes flash a little. 

"Let. Me. Go," I breathed out hoarsely.

"No. I'm not letting you leave me in the middle of an argument. You're gonna go and get all in your head about this, and I'm gonna go punch a wall. We don't walk away from each other, Greene. You know that," Grey scowled sternly.

"Then listen to me. Please. I know what I saw," I pleaded, pushing my soul back down.

"It just doesn't make sense," he frowned and I clenched my jaw tightly.

"It makes perfect sense, you're just ignoring all rationality," I rolled my eyes and pulled my arm out of his grip.

"Tell me what you saw again. Tell me what happened," he folded his arms across his chest, eyeing me.

"I was leaning against a pillar and I turned around to go back inside to find you because you were taking forever, and she was there. Made some snarky comment about my outfit and I asked her if she had a death wish because I mean- confronting me? Bad move. Then she made some comment about not needing to wish for death, he comes running and then she kept walking towards me and I grabbed her and slammed her against the pillar. That's what happened," I explained.

Grey clenched his jaw, pursing his lips a little. "What was the death comment?"

"I think she said 'I don't need to wish for death, he comes running'," I shrugged, a little confused as to why that was the part he was stuck on.

"Okay. I might believe you a bit more now. If she's truly following us, then we need to get back to the apartment. If she's a Demon, we'll be safe from her there," Grey muttered, taking my arm and leading me down an adjacent alleyway.

Okay. Now I was lost. Did he or did he not believe me?

"So you believe me now?" I raised an eyebrow and he shrugged.

"Not sure. You saw something though, your heart is racing and your murderous rage is a little suffocating right now," he smirked a little and I huffed. This was the one time I was grateful for Empathy.

He led me back through various side streets, checking behind us every now and again to make sure we weren't being followed. My heart rate began to calm down now that he acted more so like he believed me. I don't know why he was so hung up on believing that she had good intentions. They broke up three centuries ago. You'd think they'd both be moved on by now.

Even though I knew I wasn't hallucinating when I saw her, I felt incredibly paranoid now. Every single sound made me jump and turn around, and every flash of movement had be about ready to kill someone. She'd said all of 5 sentences to me and had me beyond irritated and crazed.

I wonder what it would've been like had Grey stayed in the store longer. I might have actually decapitated her. Solved all of our problems. Well, a big one, at least.

When we got back to the apartment, Grey locked the door behind us and made Allison come check to make sure the sacred site boundaries were still up. She had said they were, but could probably use a little strengthening, so she said she'd talk to the Archangels about getting someone down her to bless the apartment again. However, knowing the Archangels, who were still working on the tablet, it would be a while.

Still. I felt uneasy.

Grey and I had been perfect before he saw her. Now, it was like I could vividly see little cracks forming in our relationship.

I could see our walls crumbling around us, and the war hasn't even started.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 1.1K 25
Hazbin Hotel Fanfic | Reader Insert | What if Lucifer wasn't the only Fallen Angel? What if there was a second fallen angel along with Lucifer? (Y/n...
251K 11K 44
love was never part of the plan. •[A Wattpad Romance, Dangerous Love, Urban Fantasy and YA Fantasy Featured Novel]• COMPLETED Book 1 in the Grey Sa...
236K 13.8K 39
She is an enchantress, Making me feel so wrong, Her face stuck in my mind, Like a melodious song. Xander is now a demon. He is walking hate, blood an...
12.9K 466 17
(Book Two) I would read the first book if you haven't cause it will explain some stuff and cause it is a good book. Warning!! If you don't like men g...