The Saints' Devil

By Red_Pineapple6

{The Wattys Awards Shortlist} The Saint's Brotherhood motorcycle club was known all over town, they were ruth... More

I
II
III
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
Preview

IV

144K 4.4K 1.9K
By Red_Pineapple6

"What can you tell me about Frank?" Charlie asked Drake and Fury as they sat in the garage, enjoying some lunch while Frank was on a run. Fury had stopped mid-bite upon hearing his little sisters question and looked up at her, confused and shocked.

"What could you possibly want to know about that silent brute?" Drake grumbled, chuckling lightly to himself.

Charlie had shrugged, ignoring the horrified look on her brothers face. "Well, he's already turned out to be the complete opposite of what I had imagined and expected. I mean, first, let's start off with the fact that I was expecting him to be like the hardcore-member-of-Slipknot-but-also-Jason-at-night kinda thing, which, let me tell ya, I was so wrong," she said babbling on and on, completely stuck on the topic, her mind unable to leave Frank out of it. "Secondly, I believed the guy to be a mute and then he--what?--can talk?"

"Well, you assumed all those things," Drake mumbled.

"And don't even get me started on the fact that the Slipknot-Jason-Guy actually complimented my work on the car, complimented me, he was making it seem like he had absolutely zero hope in my abilities."

"Look, what are you even trying to get at here, Charlie?" Fury asked, finally snapping out of his shock. "Why are you venting to us about it?"

"Who is Frank?" she finally blurted, getting frustrated with herself. "Who is that guy? Why does he wear a mask?"

"He's the Saints' Devil," Drake suddenly said, growing incredibly serious at the mentioning, Fury as well. "He does the clubs dirties jobs, dirtiest missions. He gets the most shit, he's put in the most dangerous situations and yet he walks through them as if he's walking through a field of flowers."

"I already know who he is to your club," Charlie suddenly snapped, growing rather angry over Drakes comments about Frank. Sure, Frank was the club's Devil but they spoke about him as if he was a dog. "I want to know who Frank is, who is Frank?"

Fury and Drake both looked at each other and then back at her and shrugged.

"Are you kidding me? Seriously, Fury, you don't know anything about your own member of your club?"

"I know Frank, Charlie, I know him good. But I know Frank wouldn't want no one, no one, snooping around in his business. We know better than to just spew his life story to anyone, Charlie. If you really want to know about him, ask him yourself," Fury said, biting into his sandwich once again.

Charlie sighed heavily, pursing her lips. She was unsatisfied and yet still confused at why she wanted to know so much about the man. No, she wasn't confused. It's because he was a mystery. Everything about him, the way he dress, his mask, his voice, him himself was nothing but a mystery wrapped in a dirty jumpsuit.

The one thing that had really struck this string of interest within her was the mere fact that he was the first person to compliment her work, to notice it, to finally tell her what she had never known she'd been waiting to hear. Not to mention, she never knew she liked the silent-tall-mysterious type until she met Frank.

"Got a crush on him?" Drake tried to tease but Charlie only smirked at him.

"Oh, are you jealous, perhaps?" she teased back, his smug smile fading.

"I got a woman," Drake said defensively, Charlie rolling her eyes.

"Then you should know not to tease someone who's got a crush."

"Then you have a crush on him?" Fury asked suddenly, chiming into the conversation.

Charlie shrugged. "There's a high chance that I do. After all, there's something extremely attractive about the mysterious-bad-boy type," she said. "It gives me a little rush, it's very refreshing compared to some of the men in your club, bro."

Fury chuckled at this, shaking his head. "It won't last Charlie, you might as well stop now," he told her, finishing off his sandwich with one last bite. "Frank's never been with a woman. He's got no interest in them."

"Is he gay?"

Fury choked on his sandwich while Drake's eyes went wide and then he busted out laughing.

"You got balls, Charlie," Drake laughed. "If anyone else said that and Frank caught them, they'd be dead by now."

"He ain't gay, you jackass," Fury grumbled, chugging down some water.

Charlie chuckled to herself. "I know. It was just a joke."

"What was?"

The three of them went incredibly stiff and silent, Drake's eyes widened and Charlie, in the stressful situation, began to laugh yet again.

"Nothin' Frank," Fury said. "Don't mind her. She's a loony. How'd the run go?"

Frank nodded slowly, watching both Drake and Charlie laugh now. "It went south," Frank said, Drake suddenly ceasing his laughter, Charlie as well.

"What went down?"

"Ended up killin' everyone there," Frank said, Charlie realizing just how deep and raspy his voice was and how good it sounded, even muffled from beneath his mask.

Charlie's body had suddenly become incredibly stiff, she couldn't feel her limbs nor could she move them. His one little statement had made the entire scene around her real. She was apart of her brothers biker club and they did illegal things, including murdering a group of people on a run.

Frank could tell automatically he had frightened her. She had gone awfully pale in the face, her eyes nearly popping out of her head, her hands gripping the edge of her seat until her knuckles turned white.

"Charlie," Frank called, snapping her out of her horror, her eyes immediately shooting up to meet his. "Go finish the blue Malibu."

Frank stared at her, watched as she debated deep within her to listen. She looked back at him and nodded slowly, standing to her feet and moving to the other end of the garage where the blue Malibu was set up. He didn't want to upset her any further, after seeing her sudden reaction from one sentence, he didn't want to make her sit there and listen to it.

"The whole run was compromised. I was with the Serpents. After finishing whatever deal they had with the Russians, they turned against them," Frank said, cutting straight to the chase. "The Serpent crew that was there was killed, I finished off the Russians."

Fury ran and angry hand through his hair, cursing under his breath. "They're gonna keep fucking up our alliances at this rate," he snapped. "I'll have a word with the Russians, until further notice, we won't have any more runs until the chaos blows over. Got it?"

Frank only nodded, watching both Drake and Fury leave and head to the clubhouse. Frank sighed, glancing over his shoulder at Charlie who had managed to just stand there and stare at the engine of the blue Malibu. He made his way to her, tapping the hood of the car with a wrench, forcing her eyes to snap up to him.

"It won't fix itself," he said simply.

She chuckled sheepishly. "Right."

He watched her as she turned back to the engine, watched as a bead of sweat ran down her forehead, watched her hands tremble, her eyes widening and blinking rapidly. He sighed yet again.

"Call it a day, Charlie. I scared you enough," he told her, turning away from her to leave only to be stopped my her hand grabbing his wrist.

He turned to face her, her breath hitching. "I-It's not like that," she stammered. "I already knew what I was getting myself into when I signed up to join the club. I'm not scared of you. I can't be."

"Don't be stupid," he suddenly snapped, removing his wrist from her grip. "It scared you knowing that I kill people. Did the boys tell you what they call me? the Devil. Don't try and give me the tough act, just admit you're afraid of me. I'm not here to make friends."

"So what you're the Devil?" she suddenly snapped, stopping him yet again. "I don't give a god damn about that. So what you kill people, you ain't the first. So what if I was caught off guard? So what if I was shocked, surprised? It doesn't automatically mean I'm afraid of you, what the fuck is there to be afraid of?"

He stared at her with wide eyes, hers holding anger and irritation.

"I don't care if you want to be my friend or not. I consider only you the closest person to a friend in this place," she finished, glaring at him. "Don't beat yourself up over something so stupid and don't make up a lie like I'm not here to be friends, you're not a teacher, Frank, you're a biker."

"You won't be happy being my friend, woman," he grumbled.

She scoffed. "How about you stop acting like a macho-man," she grumbled. "I already told you, to me, you're my friend."

"I've only known you for two damn days," he snapped.

"So what, jackass?" she snapped back.

He was pissed. If she was a man, he would have killed her. However, it wasn't because she was a woman that he didn't do anything, it's because it was refreshing having someone talk back to him, put him in his place every once in a while. It got boring when everyone was afraid of you, when everyone was careful of what they said around you.

She held her hand out, continuing to glare at him. "What do you say?" she asked, relaxing her brows as she continued. "Wanna be my friend? My pal? My Buddy? My partner in crime? My amigo?"

He stared at her, watching a smile crack on her face and brighten the whole room. He knew better than to get too close to one particular person, it never ended well in the past. However, this was just a friend, right? Like how he was to Fury or Drake? He sighed heavily and shook her hand.

"Only," he snapped.

"Right right, only amigos. No fuckery here," she said, smiling so widely he fought the urge to laugh himself at her comment.

"No more jokes."

"Oh, come on!" she whined, following him out of the garage. "Don't be so mean, I live on my witty comments!"

He rolled his eyes, entering the bar, the room immediately going silent. Eyes followed the two of them, everyone's eyes were wide with pure shock to see Charlie gripping Frank's arm, and to see Frank that close to a woman.

"Aye, lovely to see you two in here," Ryan said, smiling brightly. "You're getting along real well, are ya?"

Charlie nodded. "Frank is my amigo."

A few people in the back spit out their drinks from the comment and Ryan only seemed to chuckle. "Might be the first time Frank's been friends with a lady," Ryan commented. "What'll you have?"

"Jack," they both had said, Charlie looking up at him with a sparkle in her eye.

"Oh, get off me will ya," he grumbled lowly, rolling his eyes at her googly eyes.

"You like Jack too?"

"Who doesn't."

"Fury."

"Pussy."

Charlie laughed cheerfully, the bar still deathly silent besides the hum of the music.

"Are you going to stick around like this all the time?" he grumbled, watching her take a seat at his dark table in the corner.

She smiled and nodded happily. "Yup."

To the people who had so many problems with this chapter I fixed the things that were "wrong".

Firstly, her calling Frank out on acting like a woman was not a bash on women. It's because Charlie is a woman she called him out on that because she herself knows how women act, it was not meant as a degrading comment towards that specific gender but not many were getting that. 

Also, as for the character Charlie there is nothing wrong with her. I created her to be comedic relief but also the complete opposite of Frank and she is, if you do not enjoy that then you do not have to read my story.

To those who enjoy my book, please continue to read, vote and comment, it helps me out a lot!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 2.6K 18
I recommend reading the first book in the series, "Two Different Worlds Collide" Otherwise certain details won't make sense in this book. I update th...
1.8M 54.5K 37
• Levi • I've wished for death too many times to count when I was a child. Too bad only my soul died, not my body. Now that i'm older, I refuse to g...
867K 34.8K 50
Mature Content 17+ || Savage Wolves MC Book Two In the wake of tragedy, Callie never fails at staying positive. But, after having her brother and the...
233K 8.1K 29
COMPLETE. Book one of the Fallen Angels Series. Mike Campbell became the President for the Fallen Angel Motorcycle Club a few years ago after his fat...