How to Love.

By jadedanonymously

How do you love someone who doesn't believe in it? Who's never felt it, never experienced it? Or ever even ca... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Nine.

292 12 5
By jadedanonymously

The next day I couldn't even focus, they were up arguing all night and I hardly got any sleep.

"Israel, you good?" Danny questions as I nod. "I'm straight, long night." He nods his head stepping behind the counter with me.

"What happened?" He raises a brow and I exhale slowly. "My fuckin' roommates boyfriend moved in! They were up arguing all night and I hardly got any sleep—!" I take a moment to collect myself as I place my forehead on my arms.

"Think we have a customer?" Danny points to the entrance as Aaliyah walks through the door. "What time are you off?" She questions

"I close." She looks at me like she's hurt and I shake my head because I know the feeling.

"You can't get off earlier?" She looks like she's pleading for me to do something and I shake my head.

"No, what's the problem?" She sighs before looking between me and Danny.

"Well, it's kind of an emergency, you're going to be pissed." I take a breath before she can even tell me what's going on.

"What is it?"

—-

"Israel—! Calm down! You're overreacting." I couldn't calm down, I was livid, like smoke was actually coming from my ears.

"No," I grumble lowly storming up into my apartment, She's one step closer to getting kicked out, I swear.

"Lai!" I shout busting through my front door, and there she was, Aaliyah wasn't lying. "You told her?!" Lai shouts at Aaliyah as she looks between the two of us.

"He's got to go." I shake my head pointing to the front door with my thumb. "Why?" She whines, but once I snap my head in her direction she shuts it up immediately.

"Why I need to go shorty?" He looks up at me as he sloppily lays on my couch with his feet on my coffee table.

"She already owes me rent for the last month, she's behind on her half of the utilities and on top of that, you have yo dirty ass feet on my coffee table—!" I scream almost out of breath.

"I think you need to watch who you talking to like that shorty." He sits up and my demeanor doesn't change one bit.

"Or what?" I hear a masculine voice behind me and see Justin walking into my apartment with Alex trailing behind him.

I feel relieve that I won't have to actually be the one getting locked up.

"Look at my fuckin' house—! Lai what the hell?! What happened?" She looks a little scared, like she doesn't want to even let out a peep.

"It got a little heated." She says barely above a whisper. "A little heated? There's plates and shit all thrown around—! I worked my ass off to get what I have and this is how you people do me?"

"You people?" Nick questions standing up as he walks towards me slowly. Alex steps in front of me causing him to stop in his tracks.

"You people, she said." Alex doesn't look intimidated in the slightest. He had her in height by about 5 inches.

"Y'all need to get out." I blurt and Lai looks as if her heart has been broken into a million pieces. "But-" "Out—! I didn't say it was permanently, for you." I glare at Nick who nods his head with a chuckle.

"Damn, it's like that?"

"I don't know you, so it's exactly like that." They both begin to walk towards the door and I close my eyes once it closes.

"I'll help you," Aaliyah offers and I shake my head. "No, you've got work in 15 minutes." She looks at me with a frown.

"But I-" "-Work," She pouts a little as she hugs me. "I'll be over after work," I nod as her and Justin leave.

I walk into my kitchen grabbing a garbage bag. "What are you still doing here?" I question as I see Alex picking up pieces of glass.

"I'm helping you," She says simply as she walks towards me filling up the garbage bag with the shards.

"I've got it." She shakes her head as she continues to pick up the mess. "I said I've got it-" "-Let me help you." She demands looking a little frustrated.

I nod my head and begin to pick up the mess myself.

"Owe—! Shit." Alex cusses as she gets a cut in the palm of her hand from the glass.

"You okay?" I question as she nods. "I'm fine." "-No you're not," I argue looking at the cut as it begins to bleed.

"No seriously-" "No seriously, I think you need to let me fix you up." She let's out a huff as she follows me up to my room.

"Sit down." I instruct her as I point to my bed, she does as told and watches me as I fetch my first aid kit.

She sits patiently as I walk back in from my bathroom and begin to examine the cut. "It's not too deep, you won't need stitches." I rotate her palm.

"Just make sure you let it breathe every now and again and disinfect it everyday." She nods her head as I grab the alcohol pads and begin to clean the wound.

She winces a little causing me to laugh. "Oh stop you big baby." She frowns her face but her expression quickly changes into a bright smile.

"What?" I question and she nods her head in my direction. "You're smiling." She points out.

I shrug my shoulders with a frown.

"So what?" "-I didn't even have to force you to." I roll my eyes with a scoff. "Whatever. Stay still."

"I'm not moving," She argues, I press down on the wound with a little force as she conceals a scream with a bite of her lip.

I wrap up the wound and look at her forehead. "How'd you cut your forehead too?" I question as she shrugs with a hum.

I click my tongue shaking my head as I dab the pad on her forehead. "This isn't even a cut, you just got blood everywhere."

She says nothing as she looks up deeply in my eyes, her deep brown orbs piercing back into mine as her eyes fall down to my lips.

I admire her clear smooth skin rubbing my hand across her forehead, as she rests her hands on my waist pulling me towards her some more.

She leans in and I immediately clear my throat, standing up straight. "Um, you should.. you should probably go. I've got to finish up with everything." She nods her head as I put away the supplies.

"I'll help you."

"No." I kind of rush out, and she looks at me with confusion stamped on her face.

I shake my head. "You shouldn't, you've only got one working hand." She nods. "You're right." Is all she says before escorting herself out of my room.

I let out a breath as I place my back on the cool wall behind me.

That was intense.

A week had passed and I hadn't seen Alex around since she injured herself.

I don't want to say her name too many times, just about three and she'd probably pop out of anywhere.

"Israel you good? You been a little crab for the last few days." Danny questions.

I nod my head playing with the shoestrings in the cup that sat in front of me.

"Yeah, I just been tired. Had to pick up a few extra hours because my roommate lost her job." I scoff shaking my head.

"If you need it, I can help-" I shake my head declining his offer. "-No, I'm fine. She has an interview tomorrow." He nods his head walking over to the counter.

"If you need anything, I'm always here to help. We both been working here for about five years. I have no problem helping you sis." I smile slightly nodding my head.

"Yeah I know. I'm not worried about anything. My rent will always get paid."

He smiles brightly shaking his head.

"Little hustler." He ruffles my curls looking at the door once our manager walks through the door.

"Can we close early?" Danny asks without hesitation. I shake my head as Joey walks to the back.

"Business slow?" He questions "As hell." Danny huffs sitting on top of the counter. "Y'all can lock up an hour early, no earlier."

We smile brightly at those words, "Thank you Joey," We beam as he shakes his head. "Yeah right, see you guys." He leaves and Danny and I get back to doing absolutely nothing.

"You sure you good? Rent don't look like it's the only thing that's bothering you." Danny questions as I pull my food from the mini fridge.

"Man it's not just rent, it's this girl." "-Trouble in paradise?" He takes a piece of my food.

"No, not paradise. Her names Alex and she makes me feel like I'm too much of a bitch to her for no reason." I huff slamming down my drink.

"It's not like I'm being  mean on purpose or anything! I just can't.." I take a moment to choose my word wisely. 

"I can't trust anybody since.. Reese." I struggle to get her name out as I play with my food.

"Maybe she's different?"

"That's what everyone says, until they come and do you just like everyone else, or worse." I look at Danny who listens intently.

"I mean, Alex is a nice person and all, she's helped me when my place was trashed. She's stood up for me, she's even kept me company once or twice." I shake my head.

"She's just being friendly." Danny implies and I shrug. "I don't know, maybe? Is she?"

"Has she done anything? Like made a move on you or anything?"

I take a moment to think back. "Last week, when we were picking up the glass she got hurt, and tried to kiss me."

He raises a brow and a smirk appears on his face. "Maybe she likes you." He suggests. "Or maybe you're starting to like her. When's the last time you saw her?"

"Last week at my place—! I haven't seen her not once! Normally I see her around somewhere." Danny examines my face for a little while.

"Do you miss her company?" "-No, not really." Danny hums as he strokes his chin.

"You sure you don't like her?" "-Yeah, why?" He looks in the air and back at me.

"Well, the first time I asked, you didn't answer."

"That means nothing." I argue as he begins to chuckle a little.

"It means something, I think you should give her a chance. She seems nice, from what you've told me."

I ponder on that a little but quickly shake all thoughts from my head. "No." I answer dryly and he laughs.

"Why—! Rent and your roommate aren't the only thing bothering you. You miss Alex, that's all and if not her, her presence at least." I block him out.

"If I missed Alex, I would've admitted it." "-Are you sure? You're very stubborn," I growl "Yes, I'm sure." I roll my eyes putting the food away.

I hear the store bell "ding" signifying that a customer had just walked in.

"Ayo blondy." I hear from behind and I turn around to see some stud standing in front of me.

"Y'all got a phone I could use?" I squint my eyes at her. "The names Israel-" "Yeah, whatever. The phone?"

"I don't have to let you use it." She huffs shoving her hands into her pockets. "Can I please use y'all phone? Mine went dead." I nod my head handing her the phone.

"Thank you." She smiles as I sit on the counter looking down at my shoes.

"A little privacy?" I glare at her and she scoffs. "What privacy? You're in a public place." She rolls her eyes.

"Whatever." I chuckle hopping off of the counter and begin getting everything together for closing.

"Thanks ma." She nods her head in my direction and I nod my head waving her off.

"I'll see you then." Danny says as he walks in the opposite direction as I lock the gate in front of the store.

"Hey blondy." The stud from earlier appears and I mentally roll my eyes.

"Israel." I grumble as she tosses her hands in the air. "Israel, whatever." She begins to walk beside me and I look at her.

"Can I help you?" She smirks and I huff. "Y'all hiring?"

"You couldn't have asked me that in the store?" She shrugs her shoulders looking at me for a response.

"We're taking applications. 7 people just got fired." She nods her head and I look at the ground as she continues to walk beside me.

"Why are you still-" I notice that she turned into a nearby corner store while smiling at me. I growl continuing my walk home.

—-

ARD SO BOOM! Finally making some shit escalate in this dry ass story. If you still reading I fucks with you fr.

Stay tuned because some shit getting ready to go down.

Questions:

-Y'all think Israel likes Alex?

-Was it petty of me to make them not kiss? 🤣

-Do this story suck?!

Be sure to:
Vote 🗳
Comment 🗣
& Share 📣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 2.3K 34
No strings attached.... no feelings.... just sex.
27.9K 575 24
just read it. Stud x Fem Hey yalllll! Don't be a ghost reader, talk to me I don't bite. ❤︎
28K 1.1K 31
There is nothing I wouldn't do for her. She acts like I don't mean shit to her! Why am I never enough? I gave up all of my hoes for a person that I w...
147K 5.5K 10
How would it be to love someone beyond your status? Will that love be extraordinary or its just like love itself... Credits to the rightful owners of...