Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 8

749 35 13
By Veikari

Freed woke up after few hours because Felix kicked him right in the guts and he huffed opening his eyes. They were still in the Guild House but he was surprised to see his son, still asleep and seeing dreams. Makarov must have came here already with him.

He smiled and quietly moved from the couch and left Felix continue his sleep under the dark coat. He took his own red coat and just pulled it on him, leaving it open and stepped beside the bar counter.

"Good morning, Makarov", he smiled to the small man who was sitting at his favourite spot on the counter.

"Good morning, Freed", Makarov said sipping his coffee. "There is still some coffee left in the pot."

"Thank you, I will then take some", Freed nodded and he took a cup from under the counter. "Thank you for taking care of Felix yesterday when we had to leave so suddenly."

"It's okay, of course he can always stay with me whenever necessary", Makarov assured.

"Where's Laxus?" Freed noticed looking around. Roscoe was also missing, but Bickslow and Cana were still sleeping on the floor.

"He went to check on Evergreen", Makarov said. "And Wendy called Roscoe to the infirmary so she can make sure his ribs are healing well."

"That's good. I should go see Ever as well", Freed nodded pouring another cup of coffee for the brunette and took out a tray, putting the cups on it.

"I'll come with you", Makarov said hopping down from the counter and they went to the stairs.

For a moment there was a silence, until Felix got up pushing away the big coat and stepped down from the couch. He was happy that Freed and Laxus weren't hurt but Ever and many others had gotten injuries...

The young boy frowned looking at the floor and he thought about it. Their Guild was strong, that's what he always heard and he believed it absolutely, but they still got hurt. So that meant their enemy was super strong, right? Would more of them get hurt if they encountered that enemy again? But if there were more members then...

Felix looked around and his eyes widened when he noticed a sword that had the familiar green Fairy Tail guild mark shaped hilt and a black scabbard. It was leaning against the chair just beside the couch. Freed usually never left it anywhere just like that!

Quietly the blond haired boy stepped beside the sword that was as long as himself and he touched it timidly. Freed was super strong, he knew it! And Erza used swords too and she was strong as well! He had seen many mages who used swords or other weapons, not just their magic so... Would he be more stronger if he used a sword as well? He couldn't yet use magic and it really bugged him even though Laxus and Freed said it was alright and he would learn some day...

But he wanted to help now. What if their enemies attacked again? What if this time there would be more injures? What if the whole Magnolia would suffer?

Felix grabbed the sword and the first thing he learned about it was that it was really heavy. With loud clattering it fell on the floor with the leather belt it was still attached to and Felix quickly looked around. Did someone hear? Did Bickslow and Cana wake up?

For a moment he just listened, but he could still hear snores so everything was still fine. He took the belt and dragged the sword along him, heading towards the door behind stairs. After few turns in the hallways he got out at the backyard where there were no one right now. Not aware how the snores had stopped in an instant he had stepped outside the Hall.

Felix grinned and he lifted the sword with its sheath. It really was heavy! How did Freed move it around so easily? He could barely lift it with his both hands! But if he trained hard he could move it around just like Freed, right?

His fingers were almost trembling when he touched the snap that kept the scabbard on.

"Ooh, are you gonna fight against someone, baby?" he suddenly heard a cackle and almost jumped, quickly looking towards Bickslow.

The tall man had left his visor inside the Hall and was just wearing his pants and a simple sleeveless shirt. His black and blue hair was all messed up because he just got up from the bed.

"You know, Freed doesn't like it if someone takes his sword just like that", Bickslow said stepping beside Felix, dropping to sit on his heels.

"I just... Wanted to try it", Felix muttered his cheeks blushing. "Because using a sword makes you more stronger, right?"

"Hmm? Where did you get that?" Bickslow asked curiously.

"Mama's strong!" Felix yelled instantly.

"Oh, you're right! Sure, sword can make you stronger if you know how to use it. Do you know how to use it?" the seith mage grinned leaning his jaw against his hand.

"I don't know..." Felix murmured and he didn't like it that he had to say it. "But that's why I have to train! I have to get strong too!"

"I see, I see... Okay, that sounds fair", Bickslow said after thinking a moment and Felix was actually surprised. Bickslow wasn't going to take the sword away from him? "You know, I can use a sword a little bit too", the man with a face tattoo smirked.

"You can?" Felix asked, but he was not convinced. He had never seen Bickslow using a sword after all. And Bickslow sometimes lied about things!

"Sure I can", Bickslow snickered and he took the sword, standing up.

"Isn't it heavy?" Felix asked, amazed how Bickslow actually could move it quite effortlessly.

"Yeah, but that's okay since I'm soooo strong!" the red eyed mage cackled snapping the scabbard off and the sword was shining when the sunlight hit it.

"Dad and mama are stronger than you", Felix huffed not at all convinced by Bickslow's declaration.

"Hush, we don't talk things like that out loud, baby."

"But it's true."

"Man, there's no way to fool you is there, chipmunk?"

"Don't call me chipmunk."

"Okay, okay", Bickslow smirked. "Behold, I'm going to show you some of my very, very secret skills of using a sword! Like this!" he grinned swishing the sword around.

He had no idea what he was doing. He just did his best to make it look really showy and it seemed like no matter how much Felix was doubting him, he was still amazed. Bickslow cut down few pieces of wood from the nearby fence and something like that, when he dropped on his knees suddenly.

Felix got instantly worried when he heard him hissing in pain.

"W-what happened?" he asked quickly grabbing Bickslow's arm. "Bickslow! Did you get hurt?" he asked.

"It huuurts!" Bickslow howled sitting on the ground and he was holding his hand. Felix's face went pale as he saw blood in his hand and he got scared. "Damn, these things are sharp! No wonder you have to train so hard with a toy sword before you can use the real thing!"

"Bickslow!" Felix cried. "What can I do? What can I do?" he asked desperately, not wanting Bickslow to die here because he got injured.

"Go inside and go get a first aid kit from the infirmary."

"I can do that!" Felix assured. "Wait here!" he said and quickly ran inside, leaving the wailing man behind.

Though the wailing stopped right after he shut the door and Bickslow laughed out loud. In the next second he felt real pain when he got a hit on his head.

"Idiot, Felix got really scared", Cana scolded crossing her arms. "He must think you're dying or something!"

"He'll be fine once he notices I'm alright when we just clean and wrap up this tiny scratch", Bickslow grinned showing his hand. Sure there were blood but the wound itself was tiny.

"I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got traumatized because of this."

"He's a smart boy, at least he knows now why he shouldn't play with dangerous stuff."

"At least there's something good with this little play", Cana huffed rubbing his forehead. "I'm way too sober to hear yelling like that yet."

"Sorry, baby."

"But I guess I understand why you did that", the brunette smiled leaning down towards Bickslow. "You want to take care of Felix as well."

"Damn right I will! He's my nephew", Bickslow cackled. Not maybe blood related but who cared about something like that here?

The door opened again and Bickslow was instantly groaning again, holding his hand and Freed and Laxus were following Felix.

"I got the first aid kit, Bickslow!" Felix said holding the box.

"Do I even want to know what the hell happened here?" Laxus muttered.

"Bickslow hurt himself while using mama's sword!" Felix said worried as Freed took the first aid kit and opened it.

"Is that so?" the rune mage asked taking Bickslow's hand and looked at the wound. It wasn't anything serious but they had to disinfect it nonetheless.

"I just wanted to show Felix how good I'm with sword", Bickslow grinned. "Since he was so interested about learning how to use one."

"Hmm?" Freed said looking at Felix, who looked at the ground.

"But I didn't know Bickslow would get hurt", he muttered apologetically.

"Swords are dangerous and not at all as easy to use as it might seem", Freed said taking some cotton and dipped it in a disinfectant, starting to clean the wound and now Bickslow really hissed in pain.

"You don't need to push it so hard", he said.

"I think I really do", Freed just smirked deviously pushing the cotton more against the wound. "Just to be extra sure the wound is clean. Haven't I told it many times that my sword is not a toy?"

"I know! I know! Oh god take it off already!" Bickslow yelled and Freed finally let go.

"That should do it", the green haired man smiled taking out a roll of bandages. Felix was almost even more scared than before.

"Let's go inside", Laxus said to Felix and they left, while Freed wrapped bandages on Bickslow's hand.

"Thank you for keeping an eye on him and not letting him get hurt", Freed smiled.

"Anytime, baby", Bickslow smirked. "You guessed it was Felix who took the sword in the first place?"

"Of course I knew it right away, I know my son and the face he was making was more quilty than when he ate all the cookies from the closet and blamed mouses of their disappearance. But I'm sure he won't touch the sword again without permission after this."

"He got so scared I felt really sorry for him", Cana smiled. "But it was for the best."

"Yes. Felix always wants to act brave and help everyone, but he is also quite sensitive little boy", Freed smiled closing the first aid kit. "He is doing his best every day and we have noticed how it bothers him that he can't use magic yet."

"He will learn", Bickslow grinned getting up on his feet and Freed took his sword from the ground.

"I know he will. Makarov told me that it took some time for Laxus too before he learned magic."

"No way, is that true?"

"Yes. It was really hard for him, especially since Ivan was not happy about it at all."

"I can imagine", Cana huffed. "That old bastard made Laxus' life really hard. I didn't really hang out with Laxus when we were kids, but I do remember some parts when Ivan was yelling at him, making him do all kinds of training and stuff."

"Man, that sucks", Bickslow said.

"And even after all that, Laxus still defended his dad no matter what and said it was all so he could get stronger."

"Children are ready to do unbelievable things for their parents", Freed said. "Not always, but sometimes that is the case. They are ready to forgive and bear all kinds of horrible things because for them, parents are their whole world until they grow old enough to survive on their own. But Ivan is in prison right now", he said bluckling the belt around his waist and put the sword in the scabbard. "And if he ever gets out, I will do whatever I can to imprison him again", he said his purple eye glowing. "He will not mess with Laxus' life again and he most definitely won't come near Felix."

"Yeah, he's gonna die for sure if he tries something", Bickslow smirked widely and Cana chuckled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 2.4K 108
A young mage who was hunted in the past for her magic, joins the Fairytail guild as a last resort to her finally finding happiness. Will Fairytail fi...
4.4K 164 11
Fairy Tail x Male oc bxb bl harem gxg cursing smuts depending on where the story is going. I don't own Fairy Tail I only own my oc
1.8K 121 147
[PLEASE READ ALL OF THE CHAPTERS AND LOVE STORIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER (no skipping anything)] This collection features imaginative love stories ce...
518K 14.6K 88
Laxus is waiting for Freed to return from a mission and Freed has no idea what is waiting for him when he would finally return. Dragon mating season...