ACOTAR and TOG One shots! ||I...

By Red_Ouniqe

||On idefinite hiatus||Just some one shots about you and either a character from TOG or ACOTAR together... D... More

Hi!
"I know you!"
A Shade of Darkness
No suggestions! 😅😅
A/N
"How about a kiss?"
Going Home
Infooo
Ryhsand-Romeo and Cassian-Juliet
Cassian x Reader ~Flowers~
Moonlight. (OC x Reader)
Just Love
I'm still better than you. (Dorian x Reader) Part One.
Azriel x Reader Part One
Dorian x Reader~ I'm Still Better than You~Part 2
Azriel x Reader~Part Two.

Cassian x Male!Reader

894 16 1
By Red_Ouniqe

Keys:
H/L (Hair length)
H/c (Hair color)
Y/n (your name)
Y/m/n (your middle name)
Y/l/n (your last name)
Y/s/l/n (your second last name, e.g. If you usually use your father's last name, then your mother's maiden name goes here. Same thing vice versa. If you don't have a second last name, then just leave it blank.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I strolled through the halls of the High Lord's town house in Velaris, trying for a casual gait and failing. Years after the war with Hybern, 10 years to be exact, the High Lord of the Night Court had summoned all his subjects to a celebration of 10 years of freedom. The festival was amazing. Every High Lord had come, and it really gave light to how beautiful Velaris could become when everybody was happy.

You were the representative from the Autumn Court. High Lord Eris (his father had died suspiciously of poison 3 years after the war with Hybern) had decided it was time to mend ties with the Night Court. It was, you thought, a smart move. The Night Court's inner circle was full of powerful fae, the High Lord and his mate among the most powerful of the continent. If they wanted to attack, none of the courts save the Winter Court could withstand.

And Eris had a family now. A wife and 3 children. They were happy. High Lord Ryhsand also had a child with his mate, one girl, named Nalia. But enough about the courts.

While you were sitting in the back of the festival, at a small table with a small cup of wine, watching the festivities, a male slid into the seat on the other side of the table.
You recognized him as the High Lord's Illyrian general, Cassian.

And, despite the fact that you were the Autumn Court's ambassador, you had zero social skills.

"Velaris is quite pretty at night, isn't it?"

Cassian asked smoothly. Lucky you. You didn't need to say something first.

"It is. I don't believe I've ever seen such s beautiful sight."

Cassian grinned, and you felt your heart skip a beat. You mentally scolded yourself. You didn't need to go through a heartbreak. As a male, the majority expects you to be attracted to females. That wasn't the case for you. Life was hard when you were attracted to males and were one. And it wasn't any easier when you were surrounded 24/7 by beautiful males.

Cassian gestured to your clothing. As the envoy from the Autumn Court, you were required to wear their colors. Thus the dark red pants, dark orange inner, and red jacket with gold, green, and black patterns tracing the edge of the sleeves and pants.

"From the Autumn Court, I assume?"

You nodded.

"My name is Y/n M/n L/n S/L/n. And you are Cassian, the Night Court's Illyrian general?"

Cassian raised a brow.

"That's a rather long name. And yes. But didn't you know that already?"

"I did, but I just wanted to make sure."

The dark haired male looked at you thoughtfully.

"Have we met before?"

"Huh?"

You had hoped he had forgotten. 5 years ago, you were out gathering herbs, not far from your small cottage in the woods, when you heard the sound of hoofbeats. Curious, you placed the herbs you had in your hands into the basket you were carrying, and stood up. Not a moment later, three horses came rushing out of trees, the one in front stopping the minute the rider saw you.

Because you had lived your entire life there in the woods, you had no idea how to treat these newcomers.

"Uhh... Hello?"

The rider on the horse to the left snorted, grinning. The strands of his hair that were loose from the knot of hair on his head whipped in the breeze, straying back and forth about his head like a vivid memory of a wind god among his element.

"Is this the one?" He asked, studying you closely. The rider on the center horse nodded.

"I'll go then." The rider on the horse to the right said, he then disappeared; just like that.

"Let's go then." The male on the center horse nodded to the left one, his eyes still on you.

You had no idea what was going on, and running seemed like a good idea at the time. So you ran. Or tried to anyway. Because the moment you turned and pushed your right foot down to sprint for the edge of the clearing, the handle on your basket broke, and the basket fell.

And you tripped over it.

In front of them.

You didn't even make a step.

You were then unceremoniously slungover the shoulder of the man from the horse on the left, and then dumped onto the horse on the right.

Your mind really was tired of saying "horse". Five hours later you were in a place called the Autumn Court. Three weeks later and you were their ambassador.

And now, back to the present.

"Nope. We have never met before." You shook your head, trying to stay casual and not act panicked.

Cassian watched you for a bit, long enough that you felt your cheeks grow hot. He then shrugged, and, as you watched incredulously, took a sip from your cup of wine. He noticed your look and raised a brow.

"What? You don't mind right?" He asked you. You opened your mouth to answer, but he answered his own question.

"Nope, you don't. Anyways, High Lord Ryhsand asked me to tell you to meet him in the town house up there, on the hill, in the living room." He pointed, and you turned to look. There was, indeed, a quaint town house on a hill overlooking Velaris.

When you turned back to Cassian, his face was multiple inches closer than it was before, enough so that it made your breath catch. He noticed, and his mouth quirked to one side.

"Careful now," he said, his voice low, but mischievious. "I don't think your High Lord would condone a dalliance with the Night Court's most popular general." His gaze met yours, and he winked at you, his hazel eyes glittering with amusement and mischief.

You felt your cheeks flush, and you unconsciously leaned in before you knew what you were doing. When you realized what you were doing, you jerked back, breaking your gazes. Cassian had snapped back too, and you swore you could see a little bit of pink on his cheeks.

"I should get going. It was a pleasure to meet you."

He said, quickly regaining his composure and his usual swagger. He stood up and pushed the chair back in, then laid down a handful of coins.

"For the drink. Thanks for not complaining."
He flashed you a grin, but didn't meet your gaze. He unfolded his wings, which you somehow didn't notice they were there, and shot into the sky, a sudden breeze whipping your h/l h/c hair around your face.

And that was how you got here.

You had arrived at the doors to the living room. They were beautifully carved, oak doors, that looked worth a fortune. Pushing a hand against the door, you opened it only to find that the entire thing was an illusion, and that it was actually just a stone patio with flowers on the edge.

You shivered. It's scary, not knowing if your world is even true. In this world with Daemati, you can never be too careful with the High Fae. But who was behind this?

A young girl around ten years old jumped out from behind a stand with a vase next to you, surprising you; and you yelped and jumped backwards.

The girl broke up laughing, doubling over and clutching her stomach. But that answered the question.

"Niala! Don't go messing with our guest's head like that!" A woman appeared out of nowhere, chiding the girl. High Lady Feyre and her daughter, Niala, you guessed.

Niala turned towards you, chastened, and bowed.

"I'm sorry, sir. It was rather uncouth of me to jump out at you like that."

You smiled; the girl was just having fun.

"It's no problem, don't worry." You said to her mother, who smiled at you in relief. The girl jumped up and skipped away.

"I told her to go. I'm Feyre, by the way." The female said, holding out her hand. You stared at it, confused for a second, then Feyre seemed to remember something and she pulled her hand back, smiling a bit sheepishly.

"Sorry. Old habits die hard. Even after ten years in the fae side of Prythian."

You nodded, understanding. You had been schooled in everything that an ambassador needed to know, and more, so you knew that the High Lady had once been human, before she was put in the Cauldron and turned into high fae. You also knew that humans shook hands as greetings and after making a bargain.

"Come. I'll take you to where you're actually supposed to meet Ryhs." Feyre turned, going back inside, and you followed. While you were walking through the halls, she Feyre asked you a question that you found strange.

"You don't seem like the others from the Autumn Court. Where are you from?"

"They took me from my house in the woods to become their envoy."

Your answer was short and simple, but she looked at you like you had said something shocking.

"You were living in a forest? Which one?"

You shrugged. It was so small and inconsequential that it wasn't on a map. And you told her so.

"Oh... Do you know who took you?"

You thought it over.

"There were three males... One had black hair... He winnowed away so that I could use his horse. And... Uh..." You didn't want to say the other two; Feyre might be offended.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I...Um... Can't remember what the other two looked like."

"Liar."

You froze, looking at her. If she was angry, you could have doomed your life and the lives of every high fae in the Autumn Court. But she was smiling, and she didn't look angry at all.

"I won't get angry if it's somebody from my family."

You shifted to the other foot. Somewhere along the way, you guys had stopped. And she had called the Inner Circle her family. The rumors were true, you supposed, of everybody in the Inner Circle being as close as family. And even if you said no, she'd probably read your mind.

"High Lord Ryhsand and your Illyrian General Cassian. They were the other two."

"Hm. And the black haired male?"

"I don't know. I've never met him again so far."

And you hadn't. You didn't exactly care, but you would know it was him if you ever saw him again.

"Okay. Well, we're here." She dropped it. And somewhere along the way, you guys had started walking again. She pushed open the doors, opening into a wide sitting area with large plush sofas and a fireplace. Bookcases lined the walls and multiple flowers in pots on shelves. A rug here and there, between the two sofas, and underneath the bookcases. Wide windows, and beautifully patterned curtains.

And on the sofa, lounged the High Lord and his daughter, Feyre went to sit next to Nials, do she was between her parents. A man in the shadows were behind them, and Cassian sitting across from them.

You took a double take with the male in the shadow.

He was the third male who had winnowed away.

Your double take was certainly not missed, because Cassian held a hand out to Niala, and she threw a small bag of what you assumed was gold at him. Cassian caught it was ease, and it disappeared somewhere on him.

"I told you he'd be able to see Az." Cassian smirked, leaning back on his seat. Niala scowled, crossing her arms and hunching her back.

"Niala." Feyre tapped the girl's head. She quickly straightened up, uncrossed her arms, and gave a menacing glare to Cassian. His smirk faded as he saw her look, and he shifted uncomfortably.

High Lord Ryhsand smiled, patting Niala's head.

"Just like her mother." He said proudly.

You stood there, unsure what to do. Feyre noticed and she smiled at you.

"Sit down by Cassian, if you'd like. Well, you don't really have a choice since it's the only seat available." She gave a small laugh.

You went and sat down at the very edge of the seat, trying not to look at Cassian.

Ryhsand cleared his throat.

"Let's start. You are the Autumn Court's ambassador, right?"

You nodded. Time to for you to do your part.

"High Lord Eris wishes to make peace with you and your court. He believes that as a High Lord, he should now put away your past disagreements and treat each other as fellow High Lords who wants the best for your courts. High Lord Eris asks that you will accept his offer of a peace treaty."

You cringed as you finished the mini speech, trying to go through it as quickly as possible without seeming to rush. Even Niala had a grimace on when you had finished.

"Who in high hells came up with that garbage?"

Cassian asks, leaning back in his seat, then, as if he changed his mind, he moved forward. His knee brushed yours when he moved, and you quickly directed your look to the corner where two walls met, trying to ignore the way your face flushed.

"Eris." You answered blankly.

"Thought so." Cassian said, you accidentally glanced at him on reflex, and your eyes met his. His eyes widened a bit, something like surprise in them, but then he smirked, causal amusement shining in his eyes. The change happening so fast you thought you imagined it.

"Something on my face?" Cassian drawled, raising a brow.

You started.

"No. I'm sorry."

You turned back to Ryhsand.

"Well? I don't mean to rush, but I am supposed to be leaving in three days."

He nodded.

"We will hear his terms."

You smiled, but then caught yourself. Formal.

We spent the rest of the day discussing the terms for the peace treaty. At the end of it, High Lord Ryhsand signed the treaty, and your business was concluded.

*~Time Skip~*

You were in your rooms, having just woken up, in the small hotel you had rented for the week, when a knock sounded at your door. When you answered it, you didn't expect Cassian to be at the door.

"Good morning," he grinned at you. "I don't suppose you'd like a guide to the town?"

You smiled. You did, in fact, wanted to see more of Velaris, and who would know it better than one who has lived in it for almost his whole life? Your smile seemed to answer his question, because his grin widened.

"Get dressed, and meet me outside in ten." You nodded and were about to close the door when he hurriedly added, "If you need longer, it's okay. I don't have anything to do today." You raised a brow, but muttered an "okay", and shut the door.

You dashed to your dresser, opening it, and pulling out a pair of black breeches and a loose gray shirt, and a black jacket that you decided to leave open. Now that your official business was over, there was no need to wear the colors of the Autumn Court.

You basically skipped to where Cassian was waiting, excitement to see more of the beautiful city mixing with your nervousness about being alone with him.

"Ready?" Cassian smiled, a carefree thing that lit up his whole face. You nodded, answering his smile with your own. You swore his smile got brighter, and pink dusted his cheeks.

"Let's go then."

Throughout the day, the two of you explored Velaris, from the most beautiful, social parts to the lowest, and broken down alleys. The two of you had stopped at a small beach, the moon high above your heads.

"That was fun." You gasped out, catching your breath. Cassian had asked you, albeit shyly, if you would like to see the city from the sky. You knew immediately what he was suggesting, and you couldn't say yes fast enough. He had then picked you up, and flew up into the sky. The view was amazing. The city seemed to sparkle. You could see everything for miles. After a few minutes, you had come back down, here, to the beach.

"It looked different than before." He said. You turned to see him gazing at you, and it seemed like his eyes sparkled.

"Had it? More beautiful or less?"

You couldn't help asking.

"More beautiful. And there was something that added a... Shine to it."

"Oh really? What was it?"

By now, you could see the heat in his eyes.

"A... Certain male."

"And who was that male?"

His hands were on your waist. You could feel the warmth of his body.

"You."

And his lips were on yours. Your hands slid into his hair as you kissed him back.

Something shined, a bond, between you both, and you gasped as you could feel Cassian, feel him.

You broke away, looking at him.

You could feel his amazement through your bond. The beauty of it. Everything was possible.

"The.. The mating bond." Cassian leaned his forehead against yours. You smiled, feeling nothing but pure joy. "I'm pretty sure that's what this is."

"Yeah, me too." He brushed his lips against your ear, making you shiver.

"How long did you know?"

"Since you looked at me that day we negotiated the peace treaty. You failed to hide the blush, by the way. "

"Oh."

Cassian kissed you again. This time gentle and soft. "I don't suppose we could finish this somewhere else?"

"Depends on where you have in mind."

At this, Cassian grinned that rakishly handsome grin that made your breath catch.

"Maybe you should consider that particular set of words a little closer."

"I think I'm good with whatever you decide."

"I like you already."

"I thought you loved me."

"Damn, you got me."

You rolled your eyes, pulling Cassian in for another kiss. You felt amusement through the mating bond.

~How does my bedroom sound?~

You started at hearing Cassian's voice in your mind. Then you smiled.

~That sounds perfect.~

You pulled him in not for the last time, as Cassian wrapped his arms around you,  unfolded his wings, and shot into the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count: 3045

Welllllll

IT'S PRIDE MOOOONTH🏳️‍🌈💙

:D

I just want you guys to know that you can request LGBTQ+ chapters even if it's not June. I am a complete supporter of the LGBTQ+ Society so I wouldn't bat an eyelash if I got a request for one. No lemons though ;)

Happy Pride Month everybody! 🏳️‍🌈💙

🏳️‍🌈           🏳️‍🌈
    \(•v•)-/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 313 38
A collection of ACOTAR one-shots! There will be many different ships and even normal relationships such as friendships (Ex. Nesta and Azriel!), If y...
212K 3.1K 68
(ACOTAR characters x Reader) Series of one-shots for our favorite ACOTAR characters Highest ranking in different categories #1 in #matingbond [15.11...
38.8K 1.9K 42
Eternal: (adj.) Lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning Athanasia never complained about her situation. She never felt like she had th...
183K 4K 26
Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius has risked everything to save the ones she loves. One year after reclaiming Terassens Throne she is forced to d...