Wings of Fire ships one-shots...

By theultimatequeer

Hi guys! So, this fanfic is about my favourite ships of DoD and JW and also some anemarin ;). No smut, just... More

CLERIL
RIPNAMI
GLORYBRINGNER
STARSPEAKER
MOONBLI
LYNXTER
TURTLEJOU
ANEMARIN
A/N
BLACIER
SUNKAT
BLACIER #2
GLORYBRINGER #2
RANDOM FANART
MOONBLI #2
RIPTIDE x RUBY
SILVER X HAZEL
FLAME X SQUID
IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT #2
I got tagged!!!!
🎃_~Halloween Special~_🎃

FLANGO

3.3K 8 20
By theultimatequeer

Hi guys! Sorry it's been a while since I last updated. I won't lie, I was pretty lazy. This ship is a request of Pearltheseawing22  and it's her OCs Mango and Flower. I suggest you read her story (the title is: Before Glory) before you read this chapter, so you'll understand some of the elements mentionned in it. Btw, the art's not mine.

"Hi Mango!", Flower greeted him and placed a kiss on his cheek. "How was your day?"

"Nice. A few patients, Gorilla ate a hallucinating frog but he's fine now", he answered. "How was yours?"

"I now train the advanced class in venom spitting. All of my students did super well, especially Beauty."

"She inherited it from you", he said. Flower chuckled.

"Of course. If she had your talent, half the students would be in the Healers' hut by the end of the training session."

"Hey!", he protested playfully.

"Well, it's a great thing you're picking herbs instead of picking up fights", she smirked.

"Okay, okay, I get it. Now, let's go or we'll have the lowest plateform for sun time", he grabbed her talon and they walked outside their hut. Thankfully, their favourite platform was unoccupied.

Mango and Flower settled down. A few minutes later, a yellow, brown and blue dragonet joined them.

"Hi mom, hi dad!"

"Hi Cocoa!"

Flower lifted her wing and he snuggled against her. She smiled. I'm glad I know who my dragonets are, she thought. She and Mango had decided to keep their eggs in a separate nest, taking turns to guard them. They were the only RainWings in the village who knew their chlidren. 

"Shouldn't Beauty be here already?", Cocoa asked. His twin sister always joined them for sun time. Plus, a RainWing would never miss the chance to take a nap under the warm afternoon sunrays.

Flower and Mango's heads snapped upwards, all the tiredness in their eyes replaced by concern.

"Has anyone seen Beauty?", Mango asked to the RainWings on the platforms around them.

A few mumbled and growled, then went back to sleep, but a green and pink dragonet answered.

"I saw her leave the village a few hours ago, right after our venom practice class", he pointed the direction with his claw.

"Thank you very much-"

"Caterpillar. My name's Caterpillar."

"We're lucky you were there", Flower declared. "Come on, let's go!", she shouted, gripping at a branch nearby with her tail and propelling herself in the air.

"Stay there!", Mango ordered Cocoa as his son was about to fly after Flower.

"But-"

"Stay. There. It'll be easier to find Beauty if your mother and I don't have to worry about you. Caterpillar, could you keep an eye on him?"

"Yes, Mister the Healer", the dragonet squealed.

Mango nodded before flying off.

---

Half an hour later, it started to rain. It was only a faint drizzle at first, so the two RainWings continued gliding throught the forest, but it grew and grew until it was almost impossible to fly.

"We have to land!" Flower yelled to be heard over the loud sound of the rain.

"But what about Beauty?", Mango shouted back.

"I don't want to stop either, Mango, but she's smart, and I'm sure she found a safe place to hide", she declared, but her lime-green scales contadicted her words. He brushed her wings with his to comfort her.

"Okay. Let's go down there, maybe we can find a tree to hide in."

They landed. Huge trees as wide as four dragons surrounded Mango and Flower. A small stream bubbled near.

Mango noticed a weird boulder laying against one of the trees. It was far too big to come from the rainforest. He walked over to it.

To his surprise, it was hiding something. Behind the rock, a huge, dark hole tore through the bark of the tree. It felt weird, like it was a poisoned injury he could heal, infecting this part of the forest. Still, it would be better in there than in the rain.

"Hey, Flower, come over there! I found something!" She joined him and glared at the hole.

"We could hide in it", he suggested.

"But it feels all-", she couldn't find the right words to describe the feeling.

"It's better than the rain", Mango argued, knowing how much she hated being wet. "And it will feel perfect as long as I'm with you."

She took his talon in hers and walked in the tunnel.

A few heartbeat later, a huge crack resounded in the distance. Thunder. Mango squeezed Flower's talon. "I don't like storms", he muttered through his clenched teeth.

Flower intertwined his tail with hers and snuggled closer against him. He relaxed.

Wind howled. It's complains became louder and louder, and the two RainWings could hear debris crashing against the boulder sheltering them.

"A hurricane!", Mango said, turning green from head to talons. "What about Beauty?! Oh no! What if she's outside, if something hits her and she unconcious somewhere and we'll never find her and she falls in the sea and she-" Flower interrupted him, grabbed his snout in her talons and pulled him into a kiss.

He melted into the kiss. When they pulled away, he saw she was crying. She was trying to hold back her sobs.

"Mango, li-listen. W-w-we must hope, okay? I-i-if we give up-", she started crying. It was Mango's turn to comfort her.

"We'll find her. I will fly to the lost continent to find her if that's what it takes."

---

They spent the whole night in the tunnel, and eventually managed to fall asleep. A sun ray peeking in the dark tunnel woke them up.

"The storm's over!", Mango almost shouted.

"That means that we can continue looking for Beauty!", Flower bounced up and down, her scales pink with joy, although a few of them were green in anticipation.

They flew throught the jungle as fast as their wings could carry them. They headed south, towards the ocean. Every ten minutes, they dove down, landed in the forest and called Beauty's name.

After a few hours, Mango recognized his environnement. "We're close to Heart Bay", he whispered to Flower.

"Oh! What if-"

"She's hiding in the abandonned hut!", they screamed in unison.

They flew for a few minutes before they reached the hut.

As soon as they landed, a blurr of rainbow scales ran out of the hut.

"Mom! Dad! You found me!", Beauty squealed, tackling Mango and Flower in a hug.

"Oh, my little honeybee, what happened?", Flower asked her.

"I went exploring and then I was lost, but then it started raining and I found this place, so I hid inside the hut during the storm", Beauty explained.

"Don't do that again, okay? We were worried out of our minds!", Mango scolded.

"It won't happen again, I swear! Next time I'll bring Cocoa with me."

"No!", Mango and Flower protested.

"Okay, okay, I'm just kidding."

"Still, we thought we had lost you, for good", Mango hugged his daughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.8K 668 27
⚠ I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS, THEY BELONG TO TUI T. SUTHERLAND!!! ⚠ Another Wings of Fire high school story 😁 This is also being rewritte...
6.9K 141 33
They're here. Who's here? "See for yourself. Stay low." I whispered. The two dragons snuck up alongside me, but I sensed Moon and Qibli with her. I...
2.8K 2 30
I PROMISE YOU IT WILL GET BETTER AS YOU READ IT!!!!!!!!!!One shots about Jade winglets life!!! There's probably gonna be a lot of Moonbli. Disclaimer...
138K 1.6K 53
Darkstalker has been defeated, and Pyrria is finally at peace. (Somewhat.) Qibli invites Winter to come back to Jade Mountain Academy. But just when...