The Devil Next Door

By Sian2468

"Go away you stupid asshole!" I said in a firm whisper as I remembered my mum and dad were just in the next r... More

Chapter 1//pencils are for writing, not throwing
Chapter 2//89 likes & 17 comments
Chapter 3//The Revenge Plan
Chapter 4// Big News
Chapter 5// Milkshakes & Chips
Chapter 6// Leaving Home Behind
Chapter 7// Island Party
Chapter 8// Eggs & Bacon
Chapter 9// Guess Who
Chapter 10// Childish Games
Chapter 11// Stalking Secrets
Chapter 12// Boyfriends & Girlfriends
Chapter 14// Halloween Special
Chapter 15// Tired Eyes and Whispered Words
Chapter 16// Breaking up
Chapter 17// Moonlit Dancing
Chapter 18// Park Romantics
Chapter 19// Leaving Takana Island
Chapter 20//She's So Beautuful
Final Authors Note
Sequel Preview

Chapter 13// One Big Mess

5.5K 228 69
By Sian2468

Authors note: Hey everyone. I'm kinda having a writers block (if that's what it's called). I want to keep the book interesting for you but I don't know how kind of. Please bare with me though.

Here is what I've come up with for this chapter, it may be bad and short but ill get back on my feet soon. I hope. thanks for reading. Bye xx

Chapter 13// One Big Mess

Seb P.O.V

Everything is so fucked up.

Me and Claire are together. And it feels wrong. Emily and Braxton are together, and she is happy (I think). Why can't I be happy with Claire? What's wrong with me? Claire is pretty and kind. And Emily hates me for some reason. She has been avoiding me since we seen the others at the cafe. Speaking of the others, I haven't seen much of them either. I have just been ringing Claire. I don't know what's going on. I wish Emily would speak to me.

*****

The hot water runs down my face and over my body, relaxing my tense muscles. You know when you have those mornings where you wake up and you feel like you ran a marathon over night? Well, this morning is one of those.

I reluctantly turn off the water and step out of the shower. I dry myself and change into grey board shorts and a black t-shirt. I look back at myself in the steamy mirror and sigh. I scrape my pajamas off the bathroom floor and leave to my bedroom.

"Bye kids!" The parents call from downstairs. They are all going fishing, including George and Molly. So I am left in the awkward zone. Here in the house, alone with Emily.

Maybe she is planning on going out to see Braxton. I should be seeing my girlfriend, but I'm too sore and lazy today.

I waddle downstairs to the kitchen, which is a mistake.

"Hi." I mumble.

"Hello. How did you sleep?" she asks flatly.

"Not very well. I think I ran a marathon in my sleep." I reply rubbing my sore thighs. She doesn't say anything, just takes another bite of her toast, followed by taking a sip of her hot beverage which smells like it could be a milo.

"Kettle still hot?" I ask. She nods slightly. I scoop coffee and sugar into my favorite mug; the one covered in pictures of superheroes. I pour the water, then milk, and stir.

We stay in silence. Awkward silence. Though I don't know why it's awkward. What happened to Emily? Was it me? Braxton? Why is it so awkward now?

"Why aren't you going out?" I ask.

"Why aren't you? You do have a girlfriend now."

"I don't feel so well." I avoid her eyes.

"Neither."

And it falls silent again, though less awkward this time.

"Do you want to do some cooking?" I suggest to her. I'm no Masterchef contestant but I do enjoy the occasional baking of a biscuit.

I watch Emily's face expression carefully as she thinks.

"Ok. But I get to choose what we cook."

"Deal." I agree, happy that she is finally not trying to avoid me. She puts her dishes in the sink and heads to the cupboard.

"How does apple-cinnamon cupcakes sound?" She says over her shoulder.

"Fine." I reply as I get out a mixing bowl, "Just tell me what to do."

*****

We end up making a mess. There is flour all over the bench and apple juice on the floor.

"Set the timer for 15 minutes please." Emily instructs me. I turn the dial on the oven to 15 and turn to her. She has flour on her cheeks and her hair which was in a bun has almost completely fallen out. I smile.

"What?" she grunts, scooping flour off the edge of the bench and into her hand.

"You have flour on your face." I chuckle. She steps closer to me and in a second, blows flour all in my face.

"So do you."

I cough and sputter the powder out of my mouth. Then I glare at her. She Looks afraid as she steps away from me. She knows she is going to pay for that. I leap forward towards her but as I do, I slip on the juice covered floor and bring Emily tumbling down with me.

We both groan with sudden pain, my body already sore enough as it is. I push up on my arms which are either side of Emily's head. Now I'm hovering just above her and I know how bad this must look. We stare at each other for a few seconds but it feels like forever. Then Emily's face turns to anger and she suddenly uses all her effort to push me off her and we both scramble up.

"What? Can't handle being that close to someone so attractive?" I wink playfully at her.

"You fucking ass!!" she yells.

I didn't see that coming. I stumble back with shock and bump into the table. Emily walks around the other side.

"Why are you such a doochbag Cooper?! Why?" She continues. And I say nothing. "You are a stupid, moment-stealer, who doesn't care about anyone but yourself!"

She is almost crying. And I feel pain. Because I don't know what I've done to make her say this.

"What are you talking about Emily?" I ask calmly.

"What am I talking about?! I'm talking about how you fucking stole my moment the other day! I tell you my special news and then you go and get yourself a girlfriend just to steal my spotlight! Do you enjoy hurting me Seb? Is that why you do this to me?"

"No Emily you don't understan....."

"I don't want to hear it Seb. I don't want your stupid pickup lines or your stupid explanations. You have a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend." She storms up to her room and I hear the door slam. The timer on the oven rings out but I ignore it and run upstairs too. I bang on Emily's door.

"Emily please listen to me you don't understand. It's not how you think it is." I call to her through the door. Then it swings open and a clean-faced Emily pushes past me. I try and follow her and explain but she sprints out the front door and down the road.

If she would just listen to me. But I guess I wouldn't either. I'm an asshole.

I get back into the kitchen and take the brown cupcakes out of the oven. They smell delicious. But I don't want to eat now. I individually place them onto a cooling rack and pull out my phone.

I message Claire;

'Hey babe, u free to hang out?'

It only takes a second for her to reply;

'Yeah sure, I'll come to yours?'

'Ok' I type back.

I open the fridge and pull out a bottle of Dad's beer. I pop open the lid and drink as much as I can in one hit. I finish off the bottle and crack open a second.

There is a knock at the door another beer and 15 minutes later.

"Hi Seb." Claire says. She looks from the bottle in my hand and back up into my eyes. "You drink?"

"Yeah, a real problem that." I reply, pulling her into the house and shutting the door.

"No, I don't mind." She shakes her head. Before she can say another word I grab her waist and pull her body against me, kissing her lips softly. I pull away to take another sip of beer.

"Do you have to drink that right now though?" She asks timidly. I quickly scull the rest and place the bottle on the kitchen bench. I turn back to Claire and continue to kiss her passionately.

It's time to wash away the pain.

******

Emily P.O.V

I can't believe I lost my cool back there. Well that stupid Cooper did deserve it. I think.

I pull out my phone and debate on who I want to see right now. Well probably not Claire since I saw her walking towards our house not long ago. Luckily she was on the other side of the street and didn't see me.

God I sound like I hate her when I don't.

So it's either Bailey or Brax.

I message Bailey first.

'What r u doing? U free?'

I put my phone back in my short's pocket and look to see where I actually am. I've just been walking, not really knowing where I'm going. I realize I'm at the small park where we played hide and seek with George and Molly. I sit under a nearby tree and hug my knees to my chest. My phone vibrates from my pocket.

'Sorry too busy.'

Well looks like its Braxton. I message him to see if he is free and he replies within moments.

'Yeah sure, where r u?'

I tell him and put my phone away again.

I wonder what Seb and Claire are doing. Ew actually I have an idea and I don't want to think about it. I sigh. I just don't know what happened to me and Sebastian. It's all my fault. I overreacted and went all drama queen on him. I wonder what he would have said if I had of listened to him before I stormed out before. Probably something stupid.

A figure catches my attention out the corner of my eye. It's Braxton, casually striding towards me. I stand up to greet him with a hug and a kiss, which he holds for longer than I expected.

"Hey." he says.

"Hey" I reply.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I just had a fight with Seb. But it doesn't matter." I mutter, sitting back down. He stays standing up and his face expression turns cold.

"Are you ok?" I ask, searching his face.

It stays cold. And it scares me.

*****

I'm convinced my eyes are still red as I speed walk home. I try and see myself with the camera on my phone but its hard with the sun in my eyes. I'm just going to have to avoid everyone until I reach the safety of my room. I reach our front door and hurry in, slipping off my canvas shoes onto the pile of everyone else's shoes. The fishing people are back now, gathered around the kitchen.

"It was huge I thought it was going to eat me!" My little brother exclaims, throwing his hands up in the air.

They don't notice me (thank god) and I easily sneak upstairs. I open my bedroom door to go in but a hand on my arm stops me. I jump and spin around in fright.

"Woah, someone is jumpy." Seb says quietly. "Why are you sneak......" he stops talking and changes his sentence, "Have you been crying?!" he asks with worry in his eyes.

I look down while shaking my head and realize he is still gripping my arm. I pull his hand off me and turn to enter my room. He follows right behind me. I turn to face him once more.

"Listen. I'm really sorry for going off at you before. I just lost my cool and, overreacted."

"No, it's ok. But if you would just let me explain....."

"I'm not in the mood right now." I cut him off as nicely as I can.

"Ok." He says before leaving me alone in my room. I sit down on the end of my bed and cover my face with my hands.

What a mess I've made.

----------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 4.9K 45
""Kitten, you're worried about something, and you cannae lie. You're picking at your hands and looking around to clean up my room. Unlucky for you, m...
628 147 40
A peaceful and boring life is supposed to be a simple goal to achieve, right? With her small family and dog, living in a little cabin by the beach...
28.8K 1.5K 47
HOGWARTS LEGACY SPOILERS AHEAD!! Ominis x Reader fanfiction is based in their seventh year. All characters have been aged up to 18 years of age where...
237 7 34
"Hey, who are you?" I could tell he wasn't trying to scare him off while still trying to establish the fact that we could hurt him if we wanted to. "...