Hay Isn't Just For Horses

By FandomTRASH1245

Zain is a twitch streamer by the name of FloppityPenguin. His editor, who happens to be a talking horse and h... More

Chapter 1: Layers of Paint

31 0 0
By FandomTRASH1245

{Zain's POV}

It had been a long day as usual. My niece had been crying all night for whatever reason, and I couldn't get much sleep. I was having technical difficulties and couldn't stream. I got a text from Horse. Oddly enough he could. With the size of his hooves, you'd think it would be impossible.

Horse: Hey, have you been having twitch issues? I have been.

Me: Yeah, weird right? I asked some people on Discord if theirs was working and they also are having issues.

Horse: What's even weirder is that no one else except for the people who follow you are having these issues. I contacted twitch about it but of course they haven't gotten back to me.

Me: Huh. That's a new one. I'll contact twitch later about it. Right now I just need some sleep.

Horse: Okay, get some good rest! Hopefully these issues will be resolved.

Me: Thanks, I hope so too.

I put my phone on the charger, turned it off and dozed off.

I had the weirdest dream that night. I was in a strange looking house, specifically in a room filled with failed or scrapped paintings. I heard a rustling behind me, so I stood guard to try and defend myself if whatever was making those sounds was hostile. A white sheet started moving, lifting high into the air.

"This can't be a ghost, there's no way. Those movies can't be that stereotypical, can they?" I thought to myself.

All of a sudden, the blanketed figure neighed in distraught. I questioned it for a second, then I realized it was Horse! Who else could it be?
I ran over to help him out, and for a split second I could tell he was just as scared as I was when I found myself here. Although, he seemed relieved when he realized it was me by his side.

"Neigh! Thank goodness you're here! I went to bed and found myself under these sheets, thinking I was going to be suffocated!"

"It's alright for now, but first we have to find out how we got here. If you're here, there's bound to be more."

I heard a quiet groan behind me, and the floor creaked as another figure had risen from behind a covered painting. It was Abacagi. She stood there rubbing her temple as if she had a terrible headache.

"W-where am I?" She asked, clearly confused as to how she got there.

"Not sure. As far as I know, this is an old, abandoned mansion." I replied. She seemed quite surprised to see me here. I can't blame her. If I woke up in a place like this, and happen to see someone I recognize, it would be a little concerning for me too.

Curious, I find a door, and open it. Abacagi and Horse follow closely behind. It leads down a small hallway, then to another room with an opened window. It's raining, and the thunder startled Horse.

"It's okay Horse, wherever we are, I'll make sure we make it out." I say, which seemed to calm Horse a bit.

Abacagi walks over to the window.
"Hey guys, you need to see this."

Me and Horse walk over, to see the words
"Just out of reach" on a wall on the outside. All of a sudden, the window slides down and locks, almost smashing my fingers in the process.

"I think I know where we are." Abacagi says. She opens the door we came in, and it leads to a different room. No hallway.

"We're in the first Layers of Fear game."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

626K 31.7K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
1.3M 57K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
452K 30.8K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
205K 7.1K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...