neighbors || stanley uris

By 1-800-ROBINBUCKLEY

when a demon comes and a group of kids have to fight for their town or when stan's crush, jupiter miller, jo... More

INTRO
oo1
oo2
oo4
oo5
oo6
oo7
oo8
oo9
o1o
o11
o12
o13
o14
o15

oo3

326 11 7
By 1-800-ROBINBUCKLEY

i skated home after agreeing with beverly to meet at the quarry at 130 ish. i started to hear something behind me and so i turned around to see stanley, "hey uris," i called our to him while waiting for him to catch up with me.

"oh uh hi," he shyly said while looking down.

"is the new kid okay?"i asked him.

"uh y-yeah."

"oh okay," an awkward silence fell on us.

"so are you planning on coming tomorrow?" i looked over at him and he immediately looked away, "to the uh quarry?"

"yeah i'm pretty sure i'll go. thanks for inviting me," i said dryly.

"oh uh s-sure."

"what wrong? did i do something? because i'm sorry if i did i just-"

"no no no!" i stopped skateboarding and looked right in his eyes. i could get lost in those things, no what am i saying! "you-you didn't do anything wrong jay."

"oh okay. good to know," i joked. he laughed a bit and i smiled. we got back on track and started to turn into our street. stan's house was two house away from my so we could see right into each other's bedrooms. not that it mattered. "see you tomorrow uris, night."

"night," he told me and we both smiled and headed to our houses.

i entered my house and saw my mom cooking something while my dad was at the kitchen counter writing something up for work no doubt. "hi mom, dad."

"hi sweetheart how was your day," my mother asked my while focusing on her spaghetti sauce.

"it was nice," i said plainly, "wait... what about the trip to tokyo?" i asked them quickly remembering last night.

"we canceled it. we figured it wouldn't be a good time to leave you guys alone," my dad interjected. "instead we are going to head to new york for 4 days tomorrow morning."

"oh. are we all going?"

"no just me and your mother," he said looking up at me, "why?"

"i-i think you should take rose with you," they both looked at me and furrowed their eyebrows. "i mean i won't always be home and i would have to take her everywhere and would if that creep comes back and i'm not there?"

"honey she has a point. we could ask the uris' if they could check in every now and then. it would be perfect," my mom convinced my dad.

"yeah yeah. alright. but are you sure you want to stay here by yourself?"

"like mom said the uris' are right across the street and it's only 4 days right?"

my dad nodded and my mother said, "we'll call you when dinners ready."

i rushes up to my room and mentally thanked myself for thinking of such a great idea. if that thing comes back i don't want it to get rose. it can get me and she'll be safe. i sighed and grabbed a towel and went to take a shower.

after dinner was called. it was good and after i went upstairs to my room. grabbing 'the great gatsby' and putting on a nightgown i was ready for bed. soon a wave of exhaustion overcame me and i put my book down and drifted of to sleep.

POV change 3rd

jay woke the 'rumours' album by fleetwood mac. she slowly got up and went downstairs. "morning honey, how did you sleep?" her mom asked as she entered the kitchen.

"it was good. what are you making?"

"eggs and toast," she said, "your father, rose, and i are leaving in a hour to go to new york," the kitchen clock read 917.

"alright."

"we already contacted the uris family and they said they will check in on you every night," she told the girl. she just nodded her head. "honey are sure you'll be okay here?"

"yeah, yeah mom i'll be okay."

"alright sweetie. well i'm going to go pack rose and i's things, but breakfast is ready and just put whatever on your toast," she kissed the young girls head and went up to her room. jupiter grabbed some strawberry jam and a butter knife. she carefully glided it across the rough, golden toast. she placed it on her plate and slide the over easy egg on it as well. she ate the food slowly and tiredness of the task was too much so she put the half eaten piece of toast back on the plate and she left the rest of the breakfast out on the counter.

the girl decided to ring up bev just too see if their plans were still on for today. "hey is this the marsh residence?" she asked politely as possible.

"yeah this is who wants to know?" a feminine voice said back.

"i was wonder if i could talk with beverly. she's a friend from school. it's jupiter miller by the way."

"oh hey jay. sorry i didn't know who it was. what's up?" bev said from the other line.

"i was wondering if we are still on for today? town square at 130?"

"totally! umm what are you doing right now?"

"nothing much. i still have to get ready though," the miller girl said.

"oh i was wondering if we could meet up earlier and umm i don't know.. never mind," beverly said. 

"no no i think that's a great idea um what about my house at say 11?" she reassured bev.

"yeah, yeah that would be awesome. i'll be over at 11."

"cool, see you then bev."

"see you then jay," the line went dead and jupiter rushed upstairs to get ready. she picked out a nice red top and some blue ripped shorts that were paired with a black belt.

her parents wouldn't approve of the somewhat gothic looking belt and shorts but it was a good thing they weren't here. she put on some cherry chapstick and curled her eyelashes. by the time she was done with all this it was 1004.

she went downstairs to bid her family goodbye and rosie. "jay why aren't you coming?" rosie asked her.

jay looked to her parents for help, "umm i've uh got to stay and watch the house and the plants," she told the younger miller.

"oh okay. when will you call us?" she asked again.

"every night rosie."

"hug?" she put her arms up to jupiter. she picked her younger sister up. "make sure it doesn't get you," rose whispered into her ear.

"who rosie?"

"don't float with it," she pulled away and was quickly picked up by here mother. "bye bye!"
she looked at her sister in pure confusion wondering if she was referencing the thing they saw a few nights ago.

"bye sweetheart, see you in a couple days," her father kissed her on the forehead.

"bye jay. i love you," her mom kissed her cheek and they were out the door. away from derry. away from jay.

she looked over at the clock. 10:18. slipping on her white vans, she grabbed her board out of the garage and opened the big metal door letting the sunlight deep through the dark room. she set up a little ramp outside of the door. she quickly got on and warmed up by moving around and turning on it. she had been wanting to do a new trick that she saw one of the older boys outside of school do. it was called something like 'overflaked trident'. she started flipping the board over and over. she had fallen off at least 20 times by now. "ugh," hands scraped and her right knee was now bleeding profusely. "shit," she grabbed her board and went back on. foot on the back edge caused her to fall and hit her back on the concrete. one more time she thought. bending her knees and boom! "yes!" she cried out in pure joy.

watching from afar was the bird boy. he cringed every time she fell and even made some noise when she got really hurt. but when her back hit that driveway he could barely handle it. she had finally gotten it and he saw her head fly back and her hair flow wildly while she pumped her hands in the air. he chucked at how adorable she was and how determined she was.

a bike was peddling down the neighborhood and a carrot top was peddling. "nice job on that move!" she said to jay who was still in shock and amazement that she managed to do this successfully.

"oh uh thanks bev. sorry i didn't realize what time it was," she told her friend.

"no worries. uh here can i help?" the girl was putting away her ramp and other equipment.

"nah i already got it," she replied.

bev eyed the cuts on her knees, hands, and elbows, "you should probably clean those up before they get infected or something."

"alright eddie i'll get on it," she said smiling at beverly. they entered her house and jupiter grabbed the first aid kit out of the downstairs bathroom. she started to clean up the cuts on her knees and elbows. "hey bev can you look at my back and tell me if it has any scratches on it?"

"uh sure," bev said as jupiter lifted up her shirt, exposing her back. "oh jesus."

"what? what is it? is it bad?"

"it just..." beverly sighed, "it is really gonna bruise badly. i mean it's already turning blue and purple."

"oh is that it?" she questioned.

"uh yeah."

"okay cool. uh what do you want to do now?"

"uh," beverly was a little shocked how her friend reacted.

"oh it's uh happened before. i mean the bruises."

bev shook her head, "how about we get some ice cream and head to the park?"

"sounds awesome! i'll grab my bike and sketch book and we can go out the back."

POV change 3rd

the two girls had gotten done eating their ice cream when they checked the time. 1:27. great they had a couple minutes to make it to the quarry and swim.

while they were biking bev asked jupiter something, "hey did you wear a bathing suit?"

"oh shit no i forgot. i guess an underwear and a bra will have to do. why did you?"

"no i'm swimming in a bra and underwear too. i just- i don't know," the redhead started.

"you just didn't want to be in your underwear by yourself. i get it," y/n smiled as she explained the girls situation.

"yeah yeah," beverly said, "hey wait," they approached the boys who we're standing by the cliff.

"oh bullshit!" richie exclaimed. "so who's gonna go first?" he looked at the other boys.

beverly and jupiter gave each other knowing looks as bev said, "we will," the two girls stripped down to there undergarments. beverly took off her dress and jupiter with her shorts and tank top. they held hands and started running to the edge of the cliff. stan and the rest of the boys stood in awe at the two bold girls. stan couldn't keep his eyes off jay and her glowing skin.

they took the leap off the cliff and splashed into the water. "pussies!" jay called as she resurfaced.

"holy shit we just got showed up by girls!" richie told the guys. stanley rolled his eyes as if he hadn't just seen what happened.

"are we gonna have to do that now?" one by one year each boy jumped and popped out of the cool derry quarry.

"nice of you all to join us," jupiter said to the guys as bev giggled. soon a splash was headed in their direction from none other than richie tozier. "oh you are so on tozier!" the girls started splashing him and eddie just happened to be in range of jay's killer splash.

"oh my god!"eddie started violently splashing the girls and soon everyone joined in. they all started laughing and eventually everyone started splashing richie.

"alright! alright i surrender! i surrender!!!" he screamed at the top of his lungs. "i propose a new game!" everyone stopped and listened to what he had in mind. "chicken fights!!" there was a mix of ooo's and yeahs. "okay i'm with ben! and we will face beverly and billy goat!"

beverly got set on bill's shoulders and richie and ben did the same. "yeah let's go bev!" jupiter called out to her friend as she let out and astoundingly loud whistle. bev chuckled at her friends actions and stan looked over to the girl. "what's up uris? didn't know i could whistle?" she questioned the boy.

"uh urm- not t-that loud," he told the girl as his cheeks flushed a light pink.

"i was joking," she said and smiled. he felt even more embarrassed and his cheeks flushed a dark pink, but soon their attention was drawn to eddie who had volunteered to ref the game.

"alright i want a nice, clean match. on my marks! ready... set... go!" eddie told his friends. beverly and richie intern twined their fingers and started pushing on each other. bill and ben we're talking smack to each other when suddenly richie pushed beverly back and she fell into the water.

"we are the water chicken fight champions!" richie yelled to everyone while parading on ben's shoulders. "stan the man and skater girl wanna try and beat us? i assure you you'll lose!" he rang out.

"i'm in if you are," she said to stan while turning to look at the boy. her smile undid him and he let in.

"sure, uh-yeah s-sure," stan mumbled out.

"alright so richie and ben v jupiter and stan!" eddie confirmed with everyone. they nodded and stan went under water while jay set herself on top of his shoulders.

"get ready for the smack down of a century tozier," she called out to him.

"yeah well let's see if that holds up!"

"yeah go jay! beat his ass!" beverly called out like the other girl did earlier to her. she smiled and winked at bev. both girls started laughing.

"alright same thing as last time! ready... set... go!" eddie called out again. jupiter locked eyes with richie and they grabbed each other's hands. they pushed and pushed and jay leaned in to richie face and went by his ear and whispering something. his eyes nearly popped out of his head and she took the chance and pushed him so he fell into the water. he had no idea what happened and was in pure shock.

"what i tell you? smack down of the century!" the girl exclaimed putting her arms in triumph while falling back into the water at will.

"dude what the hell did she tell you?" eddie questioned. richie mouth still open and eyes still wide. jay held up one finger to her mouth and winked at richie. beverly laughed her ass off at this interaction. she swam over to beverly and started giggling. all the guys crowded around richie and started asking him questions. "i said what did she tell you?" eddie asked again. richie glanced over at jupiter and beverly.

stan was annoyed at the thought that his long time neighbor and crush liked richie and not him. richie started talking and he was brought back from his jealousy. "a gentleman never tells a lady's secret," he said shrugging and smirking.

"bull shit!"

"oh please you never keep a secret!"

"what the fuc-"

all the boys started exclaiming and swearing at richie who had managed to swim over to the girls. "ladies," he said in a cockney accent. both the girls burst out into laughter at this. "what? what's so funny?" he said in the same accent.  jupiter and beverly were laughing too hard to respond. the boys looked over and saw this. stan's face twisted up in anger seeing that richie could make jay laugh so hard.

"get out of here trashmouth!" he heard jay call from across the quarry. bev still laughing uncontrollably. jupiter whispered something in the red heads ear and she smiled at her.

the two girls went out of the water much to the boys dismay. jupiter took out her towel and laid it down on the rocky shore. beverly did the same. the boys slowly crawled out of the water and went to sit on the rocks. jay and bev still conversing. soon she laid on her back on her towel. bev followed. they both had sun glasses on and they turned to each other and started talking quietly.

the boys put in some music and it happen to be 'bust a move' by young mc. jay started swaying her foot to the beat lightly humming the song. the losers stared at the half naked girls. this was the first time they had seen girl in this state. bill and ben looked over at the marsh girl and stan, eddie, and richie looked over at jay.

'if you want you got it if you want it baby you got it uh,' the girls mouthed the words to the summer song and even did the uh's and ooo's. stan felt his knees go weak just looking at jay but this put him over the edge. he had never seen anyone more perfect or beautiful than her in this moment. but in a split second both gorgeous girls turned towards the amazed boys. they all looked away and cleared their throats. the girls smiled and giggled at each other.

richie made his was over to ben's bag, "news flash ben: school's out for summa!" he said in an interviewer type voice.

"oh that's not school stuff," he said in a nice tone.

"what's this?" richie held out a postcard and ben quickly snatched it away.

"n-nothing. it nothing," he lied.

"why is it all murder and missing kids?"

"derry isn't like any other town i've been to. it different. did you know that people go missing 6 times the national average here and that's just the adults.  kids-kids are way worse," he said solemnly.

this got the girls attention and they both sat up. "you read that?" he nodded to beverly. she went over to sit next to bill and y/n did the same with stan. his face turned a light rose color along with bill's face. "lemme see," bev said sticking her arm out to reach for the information. she gave some to the miller girl.

"oh shit," jay scanned the information and frowned.

"jupiter your knees! what happened?" eddie question her with concern in his voice.

"oh i was just on my board trying to do a trick and fell a couple times," she explained calmly not taking her eyes off the paper.

richie walked behind her wanting to talk to stanley. "oh jesus! did someone smack you with an oar?!"

"what do you mean?" she questioned.

stan furrowed his eyebrows at richie. beverly leaned back a bit to look at jupiter. "your back. i told you it was gonna bruise fast."

"aw fuck. really? they usually don't come in until a day or two after!" she told no one in particular.

"r-regularly?" bill asked.

"yeah. i mean i skate a lot," she explained.

"but-" eddie started but bev thankfully cut him off.

"do you have any more of this stuff?" she asked ben. jay shot bev a caring look and mouthed 'thank you'. she nodded and looked at ben again.

"oh oh yeah. loads it's at my house if you guys want to come check it out?" the group all nodded in agreement except eddie who took a blow of his inhaler.

"a-alright lets-s-s go!" bill told his friends and with that they were off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 3.5K 30
i'm warning you now, some of ya'll might find this book very cringe. continue if you want but you've been warned :,) Stanley X Reader Being the new g...
137K 3.2K 15
Summer Hanscom and her family were new to the old town Derry. After meeting the 'Losers' she was faced with one of the most challenging Summers of he...
21.7K 375 20
[๐™๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ๐™„๐™€ ๐™๐™Š๐™•๐™„๐™€๐™ ๐™“ ๐™๐™€๐˜ผ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™] โ†ณ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™, summer unexpectedly turns into a adventure full of new friends, new fears and new feel...
76.7K 2K 18
โ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ช ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ช ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ, ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ...