Crazy In Love

By InfiniteDreamer23

Dr. Sonakshi Bose is a successful nutritionist who has made a name for herself in the industry. Despite being... More

Cast Overview
Author's Note + Glossary
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter Nine

477 32 17
By InfiniteDreamer23

Sonakshi's POV

“Sona, Sona beta! It's time for work, wake up!” Maa called out.

“Wakey Wakey, Sona di!” Elena jumped on my bed, pulling on my covers.

Back to routine, again. It's a Monday and time for work. Yesterday, we all, as in Saurabh dada, Amaya bhabhi, baby Arohi, along with Elena, the Roy's, Maa and Baba, spent time talking about the old days together. I really missed those days when we were just children and had nothing to worry about. Arohi's 1st birthday was in a month and we were going to celebrate it here, in India. Until Roy's new house was built, they would live at Bose Mansion with us. Speaking of the Roy's, we found out some new information related to the Aroras and how they were planning to trap me in a marriage proposal. I can't believe it, after all that happened between our families, still that idiot Arora was planning this, Saurabh dada was so angry on hearing this, he was going to go to his home and beat him up, but we had to stop him.

"Theek hai Maa! Uth gayi mai." I yelled jumping out of the bed. (Okay fine mom! I'm awake.)

I freshened up and headed down for breakfast with my hair down and in my signature formal Indian look with a blue kurta and blue palazzos.

Sitting down at the dining table,I greeted everyone a good morning. Arohi was still asleep so there was only Amaya bhabhi, Jatin and his parents were already up and chit-chatting with Maa and Baba, while Ellie was rushing to college, "Bye, bye Sona, getting late."

"Atleast, have breakfast and go!" I called out to her but of no use, she had already left.

"Shona, the Basu's have sent a marriage proposal for you, they would like to meet us and especially you." Maa told me.

"Maa, I told you na, I don't want to think about marriage right now, and not at all with a Basu." I replied.

"But Sona, what's wrong in this? Their son Anurag seems perfect for you, he's a Bengali and well-settled–"

"Baba you know why they want their son to marry me, don't you? Just because we match with their status, upper class status that's why. That Anurag likes some other girl and yet his mother won't let him marry her. Because what? She's too low class? Just look at the type of people they are. " I looked at them trying to get my point across.

"Atleast give them a chance, think and then decide. Tell us tomorrow morning what you think about it." Maa stated.

"Okay, baba, I'll think till today night and tell you my decision. Now I'm getting late for work." I said as I quickly grabbed my bag.

"Sona, meet me at around 10 A.M at my office, something important to discuss about." Jatin called out and I nodded at him.

•••

Jatin told me to come at 10 AM and it's already 10:45, how can I be so late? Sona, what excuse will you give? What was so important that he had to call me at this time, I'm also a busy woman. Ugh, this Jatin also, annoying me in the morning. Why is the lift taking so much time? "Ah ha, finally!" I yelled out to no one in particular, as I rushed passed the elevator door and took a turn nearly running on my way to Jatin's cabin.

I didn't bother to knock and barged in, "Jatin! Why did you bother me at this time, that too on a Monday? You know how busy Mondays are, don't you? Phir bhi?"

As I looked at him I came to know we weren't alone, there was another man. Shit! I scolded Jatin in front of a client? I'm in so much trouble.

"Sonaaaa, I'm sorry, but it was about the Health app we have been working on together. The one which needs to be modified, remember?" He explained, "And this is Dev Dixit. He's the software developer who'll be working on it. Just wanted your help in planning out the the nutrition part of the application, obviously Mr. Dixit knows more than us, but just some basic ideas."

"Dev Dixit?" I asked.

"Yes?" Dev replied as he turned around and stood up, "Oh, good to see you again, Miss. Bose. And thanks for the job."

"Good to see you again too, Mr. Dixit. So let's get on with it. Jatin, exactly what do you want in the app? How many sections and obviously you'll be keeping it connected with the smart watches and Fitbits right..?" I asked him.

"Yes, Fitbits would be the best idea…nearly everyone uses it nowadays. I suppose you could also incorporate a reward system, Mr. Roy?" Mr. Dixit inquired.

"Umm..."

•••

It's been two hours and now we're finally done. Explaining to Mr. Dixit the basic layout and plan of the application was done, now it would become easier for him to program the software and do whatever it is that software developers do. I don't have much knowledge about that field. But Jatin took so much time in thinking, itna kon sochta hai? Like literally, who thinks so much just for one damn thing? Should we keep a workout check for both cardio and strength training, seriously? I was irritated and on top of that hungry as a hound. "Thankyou Mr. Dixit, hopefully you can start by tomorrow, if it isn't much of a bother." Jatin thanked Dev, surely he must've also been bored by now.

"Yes, sir, no problem at all. I'll take my leave then." Mr. Dixit smiled and left.

"Couldn't you see how relieved he was looking when he realised he was free to leave?" I asked with a giggle. "You make people bored by your long talks, Mr. Roy, if you continue this, how will you be able to impress a girl? She'll run away from you!" I laughed out.

"Sure, laugh at me. As if you are any better with guys. Anyways, I have another meeting within half an hour, so please if you wouldn't mind..."

"Kick me out, why don't you? Anyways I was leaving only. Meet you for dinner." I made a face at him and headed towards the elevator as I could see the it's door closing, "Wait!" I yelled out.

I put my foot in and luckily the door reopened. "Thank goodness, Mr...?" I looked at him, "Mr. Dixit."

"Please, it's Dev."

"Then, it's Sonakshi for you as well."

"But, you're my boss's friend–"

"Exactly, friend and not your boss." I emphasized.

Ding. The elevator opened as we both waited for either of us to go out first. Eventually I walked out and he followed me, I slowed down so that he could catch up. "How about we go somewhere nearby for a nice lunch?" I asked him, praying to myself he would say yes.

"If I wouldn't waste your time, then maybe yes." He replied slowly.

"Of course, you're not wasting my time. You are my friend, Dev and what do friends do? They hang out with each other, that's exactly what we should do. Anyways I'm free for awhile, no meetings at the moment, there was one but I got it postponed. So no worries." I assured him.

"Don't postpone your meeting because of me, I can manage–"

"Who said anything about you? Nevermind. So are you in or not? Cuz I know this really great café some twenty minutes away from here, it serves good healthy food too." I ranted on.

"Yes, Miss. Bose. I'm in. Should I call a cab?" He asked with a chuckle.

"No need, I have my car." I said pointing towards my dark blue BMW.

Guiding him to my car, I opened the driver's seat and buckled in, waiting for him to do the same. "Beautiful car, Miss. Bose."

"Didn't I tell you to call me Sonakshi and thanks. It was a gift from my parents for my birthday." I replied, starting the car.

"Would you, like you know, teach me how to drive a car? My cousin knows but he won't teach me as he doesn't have time and then I have no one else to teach me and seeing you drive so wonderfully that too as a woman, I mean no offence but usually women are bad drivers and unlike you..." Dev stammered.

"Dev! Offo, I get your point alright? Don't look so worried or scared." I said, trying to calm him down. "I'll help you, whenever you're free on weekends, come over and I'll teach you, or I could come over, either way is fine with me. Just message me and I'll be there."

"Speaking of messaging, you wouldn't mind if I ask for your number would you?" Dev asked worriedly.

"Of course not. I'll enter my number in your phone once we reach the café, okay?"

"Okay," He replied, breathing in a sigh of relief.

•••

"Table for two please."

"Right this way, Ma'am."

The table was right beside the window side with two large flower pots besides it. The view was also quite beautiful and we weren't that close to the entrance either. Dev and I sat down as the waiter brought the menu and poured a glass of water for each of us and watched him go.

"So Dev, what would you like to have? Hope you don't mind me being non-veg?"

"I'm a vegetarian but my fiancee is a non vegetarian, so no issues Sonakshi. Only Maa doesn't like it, I'm open to everything." He answered.

"You're engaged? I didn't know that. You don't look like a committed man. No offence meant." I asked jokingly.

"None taken, but yes, I got engaged just last week with my long time girlfriend. By the way I think the waiter is heading our way." He said pointing in that direction.

I ordered an Avocado Multigrain Sandwich with Sweet Lime Juice and a grilled chicken salad whereas Dev ordered a veggie hummus wrap with a glass of soda. My mouth started watering at the thought of ordering all this food.

"So, you told me that the car was a gift from your parents on your birthday. When is your birthday?" Dev asked me.

"The 7th of May and yours?"

"26th March. What's your–" He started as I cut him off.

"Wait, how about we play twenty one questions? You know, to know each other better?" I asked.

"Okay, I'll go first. Fav colour?" Dev started.

"Orange. Tea or coffee?"

"Coffee, you know Maa keeps on telling me not to drink coffee but it's like an addiction. Favorite actor?"

"Robert Downey Jr. Favorite actress?"

"Angelina Jolie and Kareena Kapoor. Umm, what to ask you now?" Dev wondered, as the waiter walked towards our table, his hands laden with dishes full of food.

"Well, for now the food has saved you, Mr. Dixit. It seems like you are as hungry as me and I can only imagine how bored you must've gotten listening to Jatin go on and on." I said as I snorted, which I don't usually do. How unbecoming of a lady like me. I snorted again, slowly giggling, turning it into a full blown laugh. Dev looked at me as if I had lost it.

I tried controlling myself, and as soon as the waiter left I started laughing again. "Dev, you remember Jatin's face when he couldn't decide what he wanted to name the app as, constantly changing and making all those different faces. Oh gosh! Why can't I stop?"

"Maybe you inhaled some laughing gas on the way in, thats why?" He joked.

"Ha ha, very funny." I grumbled in annoyance.

"Why are you grumbling, this food is absolutely delicious! This idea of yours turned out to be an amazing one. C'mon Sonakshi try your dish." He insisted.

I took a bite of my avocado sandwich and this was really yummy, at least it was worth the money, and not like the last place. "There's this place in Bandra, called The Bagel Shop, but let me tell you vegetarian food is not so good over there. I was there with a friend and wanted to try out Indian bagels and let me advise you against it. The bagel was hard, not crispy, not soft, so hard my friend's teeth were paining for like a whole day." I spoke fastly.

"Calm down, Sona, take it easy, I'm not running anywhere." He soothed me.

"Sona? Well, I don't really mind as long as your fianceé doesn't. Yes, so where was I?" I tried remembering.

"Bad bagels in Bandra?" Dev reminded me.

"Hmm, so we ordered this Avocado bagel and it was so bland, like something prepared for sick patients. Plus, bagels aren't supposed to be this hard. Trust me, I've tried it out abroad." I tried explaining to him how it was bad.

"I trust you, Sonakshi. So I'll keep in mind to avoid going to that place, thanks for the recommendation to not ever go there." He chimed, asking me if I'd like to have any desserts.

"I'm full, but if you would like to order anything, go right ahead, good sir!" I exclaimed.

Dev said he was full too and tried thanking me for the lunch before I stopped him. Like c'mon, this guy apologizes and thanks a lot, he's too selfless. People might take advantage of him in this big, bad, mean world.

He insisted on paying, but we weren't on any date, plus I invited him along, so I decided we would split the bill, "Sorted right, no more arguments about the bill now."

"Mr. Dixit, you do know na that our game is still incomplete?"

"Yes, Miss. Bose, so whenever you're free we could continue it."

"What's wrong with now? We have time till I drop you home, so we can continue in the car. Oh and before we leave, give me your phone, I'll save my number," I gave him my palm so that he could give me his unlocked phone. I quickly saved my number as Sona Bose, "Done, now come with me." I started dragging him towards my car. As we were about to leave, someone bumped into us, looking at her face after all these years, I'd say she was the same arrogant, oversmart girl she used to be earlier. Seemed like some people never change.

"Watch it, you–"

"Sanjana?" Dev asked as I turned around, coming face to face with none other than the bitch.

"Devvvv babyyyy, you're here. Baby I tried calling you so many times, but you were unreachable. What were you so busy with?" Sanjana asked. Her voice was like that of a chalk against a blackboard making that screeching noise, in simple words, irritating and annoying.

"You both know each other? Dev?" I looked at him questioningly.

"He's my beloved fiancé. And who are you–wait, aren't you that Bose? What are you both doing here together and alone?" She asked glaring daggers at me.

As if her glare ever scared me, she is still the same spoiled brat. I wished she would have changed but no, my luck was the worst. It always made me disgusted that someone like her was a part of my species, and was a woman as well. But, hold on, why did she call Dev as her fiance?

"Fiancé?" I wondered out loud.

"Got a problem with that, Dr. Bose?" She sneered.

"Stop it Sanjana. We were here on official work. I was just going to give you the good news, I finally found a job, Jatin Roy personally hired me. Isn't that great? But Sanjana, what are you doing here, all alone, I mean?" Dev explained happily.

"Since you weren't there, I thought I might just go alone at least somewhere. But now since you're here, why not give me company. Surely, Dr. Bose has much more important work to do right?" She faked a smile at me.

"Yes, I must get going. Meeting at three pm. It was good meeting you Miss. Arora and you Dev." I bid them goodbye, without sparing Dev a glance and headed towards my car, thinking that how could a man like Dev even fall in love with a super irritating and money loving woman like her.

Don't get me wrong, but both are just too different in personality. Besides, two people who are completely opposite to each other can't also work out, it just creates more issues. So pray tell, how did they even get engaged? It was not due to some selfish reason, right? No Dev isn't like that or is he? Would he marry just for money and fame? Is that why he was trying to get close to me, are all men like him? I can't believe it, I hid a sob as I realised that maybe Dev was also a gold digger.

Ishwari aunty ji was so good, but these guys, they see a girl with money and just run behind her. Ridiculous. I don't know why I even thought Dev would be any different. I'm so stupid, believing whatever damn thing he said. Love is nothing but a lie and a selfish and stupid thing. With these thoughts in my mind, I decided I would try to avoid Dev Dixit as much as I could. Maybe Maa was right, I should give a chance to that Basu guy.

Or was I making a decision too soon?

•••

So, tell me what are your views on this chapter. Was Sonakshi too quick to put a tag on Dev or does she have a reason for doing so?
Hope you liked the chapter, please show your love by voting, sharing and commenting.

~ Love moony

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 530 5
Always read at your own risk
313K 10.5K 35
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...
1.5M 85.7K 84
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
516K 14.8K 22
Beau HATES Oliver Fowler. But Oliver doesn't hate Beau.. quite the opposite actually. Oliver is the univeristies 'Golden Boy', adored and admired by...