BTS Short Story: Don't Cry

By sookksoo

(Your POV) (Sad) (BTS) A point that's unattainable. A place that's unimaginable. An event I believed was impo... More

Year 3 Without You
Doors To a New End
Give Up
Never The Ending I Want
A Shoulder To Lean On
Is This... Goodbye?
Come To Me
Epilogue

Holding On

274 13 0
By sookksoo

I put the handkerchief you gave me in my memory box. I never really looked at it after that day when I got home. I was too devastated from your departure for a month that I didn't eat or leave my room except for when I absolutely needed to.

When I finally recovered, I went through all your albums I had. I'm glad I saved up my money then to get them because every single one since you left had sold out. Not one photo book remained unless being sold for way too much.

I had each generation of your ARMY bombs—I was broke from all your merchandise I purchased then. I had sweatshirts, too.

I had never been to one of your concerts before the last one.

It felt like cheating that my first one was also my last.

I unconditionally supported you all.

I purchased each mixtape.

I memorized each song.

I viewed your videos and basically stalked your Twitter account, quite honestly.

When I opened up my memory box, the handkerchief was resting on top.

I picked it up. I couldn't see my tear stains from that night but I could feel the agony from seeing you move on. I was happy for you... I kept telling myself that.

I still felt empty and without desire without your constant updates and new releases. Even BigHit seemed to move on with their new bands they released.

I unfolded the cloth and thought of when you handed it to me.

"Don't cry,"

That's when I realized something was sewn in the top right corner.

I held it to my eye at reading distance.

'ARMY! We will return from our stations on -/-/20xx! See you then!'

I'd never been a calendar girl, but since that day I bought each yearly one leading to the date on your handkerchief. I marked them off each morning and waited. Not a day went by that I forgot about you.

I just hoped you were safe and well. I didn't even know your personally and I felt a great loss. I may be being dramatic, but you were...

"...I don't want to go either."

...You were pretty much all I lived for.

The next two years were waiting and searching for you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612K 9.5K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
252K 7K 31
Yoon Hye Jin, she is a scary girl. She doesn't wear make up and she hate shopping and whatever the other girls did. She is a gangster and have a grou...
2.2K 52 27
Minerva was studying abroad in Korea. The mountains offer great views but at what costs? Death was approaching fast. Now you know what happens after...
32.8K 858 23
(cover drawn by @AnimatedNydia) Regina George was tired of Northshore High after her fall as queen bee. She convinces her mom to move and they end up...