Winning back Mrs. Manoban

By Hakuna1122

The second part of Ms. and Mrs Manoban story is about to unfold. Is love really sweeter the second time aroun... More

Prologue
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Thank you

Chapter 6

28.9K 953 424
By Hakuna1122

Lisa POV

"Mama..."

I heard a small voice infront of me and felt the small hand holding on my arm.

I stop scrolling my phone and my eyes went upward.

Two pairs of very familiar eyes greeted me.

I frowned as I tried to think where on earth did I saw that very same brown eyes. But before I got my answer in my mind I heard her talked again.

"Mama, you're back!" Exclaimed the liitle girl infront of me. Unexplainable delight was shown in her face. I could guess she's between five of six years old and definitely got the beauty for she looks like an angel with her angelic face.

And she called me Mama.

Before I can even say a word, I found myself wrapped inside those little arms. The little angel was hugging me and I was pretty much stunned as I felt my heart started beating faster than the usual. It felt like my heart recognized those warm embrace.

I would've hug her back, I want to but my mind is telling me otherwise. Surely this little kiddo mistaken me for someone or she wouldn't hug me at first glance.

I carefully remove the little angel's arms that hugging me. Careful not to make her feel rejected or do something that will terrified her.

"Hey, sweetheart, where's your Mom?" I gently asked as we go face to face.

"You are my Mom. You're my Mama." She replied innocently.

"No, I'm not your Mama. And I wanna know who's with you. Who brought you here? Where's your guardian?" I ask her while holding her small hands.

"No, you really are my Mama.... and you're back! I knew you will. And Leo is a big liar because he told me that you don't want us anymore. Mama, please don't leave again... please stay... please... I super missed you..." She was looking at me with pleading eyes and how am I supposed to say no to that?

And so I nod. Indulging her a little so she won't get upset. I worried she would have tantrums, and I have no idea how to deal with kids especially when they're not on a good mood.

"Yay!! Thank you Mama, I love you." She said ecstatic.

"I love you too." I said hesitant, I know she's waiting for my replied.

Her smile widen and her small arms quickly wrapped around me again. She's hugging me, a little tight this time, as if she's really been missing me for years and I felt something warm touch my heart with that gesture.

Suddenly the thought of my unborn daughter came into my mind. Maybe they have the same age by now.

With that thought I didn't held myself from hugging her back.

I felt my tears fell down as I close my eyes and embrace her tight. I can't help as a small sob escaped from my mouth. Years of longing from my unborn children made me feel a little emotional.

"Mama, why are you crying?"

That tiny voice back me to present. I felt as if I was sleeping with a beautiful dream.

I quickly wipe my tears that fell into my cheeks before breaking the tight hugged.

I look around hoping that my eyes find anyone who is with this little angel.

"Mama..."

I turned around again and immediately met her confused eyes.

I sighed.

Then hold both of her shoulders.

"Listen sweetie, we have to find your guardian. What's you name?" I asked her because I don't know her name yet.

"My Mommy calls me Love short for Lovable but my real name is --"

"L, your card was not accepted."

From the little angel I turned to Joy as she approached me.

"What do you mean it's not accepted?" I asked frowning.

"Denied. Insufficient fund." She answered while handing me the MasterCard.

"How's it going to be-- Oh, never mind, I have another card, I'll pay for it, just look after her." I quickly turned to look at the little angel who is now frowning and look at me and Joy.

"Who's she?" Joy asked questions.

"Her name is Love and she lost. I'll just pay for it and help us find her guardian."

I turned to the little angel and bowed to face her.

"Sweetheart, this is Joy and she's my friend. I'll leave you with her, okay? I promise I'll be back."

"But Mimi I don't want you to leave." She says and hold me tight on one hand. Fear immediately registered in her little face. As if she will burst into tears any moment.

"Hey, sweetheart, don't be like that, I told you I'll be back, right? Besides, Joy is just right here and you don't have to worry because shems nice too. I'll be back, promise. I'll be real quick, okay?" I gave her a reassuring smile. Hoping against hope that she will let my hand go, because I don't want her to leave to Joy crying.

She stares at as if she were thinking.

And I patiently wait until she finally decided to speak again.

"You promise you'll be back?" She pouted.

I felt relieve and smiled.

"I promise. Pinky swear." I replied then raise my small finger.

She frowned, maybe she didn't know why I raise my one finger.

"You wanna know what pinky swear means?"

She quickly nodded.

"Okay, I'll explain to you later. But for now, be a good girl with Joy because Mama had to settle some things first. Okay?"

"Okay, Mama." She smiled then let my hand go.

"Keep an eye on her." I reminded Joy before I walk to the counter that is far from them.

It was a huge boutique right across the gaming centre so it's not hard to think that Love might came from there.

I don't want to judge but whoever her guardian is, surely a lousy one. Why, the kid is barely on her diaper?! Whatever the parents reason they should not fail to keep on sight of their daughter.

I gritted my teeth because of those irresponsible parents. They will hear some lecturing with me once we found them.

.

.

.

.

.

I went back after settling everything on the counter. I saw Joy alone and now busy on her phone.

"Where's the kid?" I quickly asked her.

"Her mother already took her." She said plainly.

"Took her--- when?"

"Awhile ago, right after you leave her Mom came in."

"So, you've seen the Mom?" I asked uncertain.

"Yup." She answered while nodding.

"Are you sure it's her Mom?"

"Ofcourse, she told me she's the mother."

"She told you-- Joy, anyone can say that, for Pete's sake! Did you think that maybe they are just bluffing? You shouldn't let them took her just like that. You should wait for me. I should'ce seen that wkman myself." I said, exasperated.

"The kid identified her." Joy said softly. "And do you really think I'm that stupid to give that kid to someone who just approached ne without even asking for any proof? Lisa, you know me better than that."

I don't know what gotten into me but that little angel easily wormed ber way through my heart. Suddenly, I felt the urge to protect her... to make sure she's safe and secured. That's why I became mad knowing that she already gone and her parents took her.

I didn't even say goodbye to her..

I just hope our paths cross again... maybe someday... somehow...

After I apologize to Joy because of what I said to her we just agreed to went back to the hotel.

It was a long day for both of us. This is the third day here in London and we still have two days to finished our five days vacation. I just already closed the deal to the investors here in London, they are my business partners to the future Heiress Hotel that I am planning to build here in London.

All in all, I was quite satisfied with everything but still I felt empty on the inside. And I know that there is only one person who can complete that.

Someone so near yet so far...

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.7K 23
Jennie Kim, a rich spoiled-brat, who is always on top of the school. Lalisa Manoban, a new arrogant girl, who suddenly climbs on top. Who will top in...
467K 9K 200
"Hubby, I don't want anymore, I feel terrible..." "Baby, be good, finish up this medicine." The handsome man embraces the woman in his arms, coaxing...
31.5K 1.7K 24
a story of two people in love. nothing extraordinary, just lisa and jennie being simply in love with each other. it should be simple, right?
2.4M 67.6K 33
Just when you thought you have already moved on from the past and you're starting to collect the broken pieces from your lost love, the same person w...