THURSDAY | Book 1 (TRILOGY)

By niwritez

[MJFAs 2019 Winner - Best Short Story] The fourth day of the week. The day before Friday. Just any other day... More

INTRODUCTION
AESTHETIC
1 | LONELY STAR
2 | LIFE OF THE PARTY
THURSDAY (BONUS SCENE)
4 | THE ZONE
5 | THE BIRDS (PART ONE)
6 | THE BIRDS (PART TWO)
7 | ROLLING STONE
8 | HEAVEN OR LAS VEGAS
9 | VALERIE
VALERIE (ALTERNATE ENDING)
MEMES

3 | THURSDAY

1.4K 45 413
By niwritez

~This chapter reads very sexily with the song playing, imo. When you see the ~ you know what to do~

~THURSDAY,
   'THE HIDEOUT'~

The day had finally arrived.

For Valerie, the week-long wait was a slow, strange torture; the other days seemed to drag on and on, longer than usual.

The impact that Michael had on her was so intense that his image and voice consumed her thoughts during every hour of the day, and kept her lying awake at night, somehow even slipping into her dreams. It was constant. She wondered why he chose her; she knew that people adored and idolised him, and thus, she assumed that Michael had high expectations. She burned to know what he had planned to do to her during their Thursdays spent together, and she had so many other questions: how long was their arrangement supposed to last? What if one of them couldn't make it that week? She tried to mute these concerns with the hope that she would be good enough for him.

After Valerie's soul-draining shift finished at 5pm, she headed straight to the rendezvous, still in her work clothes—a fitted white shirt and a black pencil skirt, but that morning, she wore something flattering beneath them. She had called Michael beforehand, but he didn't give her a specified time; rather, they agreed to meet in the evening at his apartment. So, to avoid keeping him waiting, she got there early. Perhaps too early. Her stomach fluttered as she edged her footsteps along the brightly lit, wood-panelled hallway which led to the entrance. She remembered that Michael told her about a spare key which was hidden underneath the mat. She unlocked the door and typed the code on the keypad, which instantly granted her access. She stepped inside and flipped the light switch.

The 'Hideout' was was large and modern, with 2 floors. Downstairs boasted a spacious living area; large window panes covered the back wall, opening to a balcony which overlooked the city. The spotless walls were painted a peach colour. The residence was a different affair from her own home. It was painfully quiet; eerily so. The only sound came from her heels click-clacking on the wood floor as she curiously walked over to the couch and let her purse fall onto it, glancing around further at the bookshelves and the TV set-up. She then made her way up the spiral staircase to discover the bedroom, where they would soon become intimate with each other. There was a massive bed. That was all she could focus on. The white sheets and pillows bared not a single crease. Right opposite was a dresser, and on it, a white vase housing a single red rose. There were two other doors in the bedroom; she chose one which opened to a sort of lounge next door. When she peeked her head through the second one, she found a rose-marble bathroom, complete with a jacuzzi tub and shower.

Back in the bedroom, she sat on the striped grey chaise lounge situated by the wall, next to a large blinded window. It was then that she became aware of the faint sound of a clock ticking. Slowly. It got louder as she continued to listen to it. How did Michael survive in a large place like this, all alone? Valerie was sure that the silence would have driven her mad.

The more she waited, the more restless she became. The emptiness of the apartment began to take its toll on her; it wasn't peaceful and caused a dip in her mood. She reached into her shirt pocket to retrieve the small bag of pills; full and fresh as the day Michael gave them to her; she was too afraid to take them on her own and hoped to ask him about it once he arrived. She left it beside it her, sighed, and stood up, pacing up and down the floor.

The sound of a door closing from downstairs halted her movements.

She swallowed. Then she heard footsteps getting louder, nearer. She observed the doorknob turn and he emerged from behind the door, wearing a red shirt paired with black slacks, his curly hair tied back with a few strands hanging over his face.

~

Standing in the doorway, Michael instantly locked eyes with Valerie, noticing her cheeks redden. She didn't move a muscle and stood with her legs together demurely and her hands clasped in front. He could tell that she had been waiting, anticipating. The air was thick with unspoken sexual tension, so strong that it was almost suffocating, and unbearable for them both. She took a deep breath to steady herself.

He made the first move and stalked towards her. She felt her heart rate quicken with each step he took that brought him closer. The proximity was intoxicating; his scent made her dizzy. His eyes darkened with lust as they gazed into her forest-green pools, occasionally glancing down at her figure. That uniform—sexy. Turned him on. Her lips parted and she unconsciously licked them as she looked at his own. Completely focused, he raised his hand to gently cup her cheek, the curve of her face soft and warm against his palm. His caress moved lower, tenderly, slipping to her mouth as he brushed his thumb across her lower lip. His touch triggered small tremors within her; she closed her eyes and a silent, shaky sigh escaped from her lips as she trembled with desire.

Then he lifted his other hand, holding her face between his palms. Her eyes fluttered open to see him staring back at her with growing intensity. Valerie was so beautiful—he questioned where she had been hiding all this time, like a precious jewel. But he found her, and now she was in his possession, his to value.

Unable to resist any longer, he leaned in for a kiss that she so desperately wanted. During the few seconds in which it lasted, Michael started to harden at the thought of having her, realising how very much he wanted her complete surrender to him. He pulled away to catch his breath, before pressing his lips on hers again urgently as his knee parted her legs, settling his growing erection between her thighs. She felt his arousal, his passion. He needed her, wanted her, so bad that it hurt. One of his hands cradled the nape of her neck while the other wrapped around her waist, drawing her closer until he could feel her breasts against his chest. Their kiss became heated, hungry. His tongue traced across her lower lip, demanding entrance, which she obliged eagerly. She let out a quiet, involuntary whimper as he deepened their kiss; his tongue stroked hers sensually as if he was savouring her taste, causing her to absolutely melt against him. He ran his hands up her back, along her sides, and even through the thin material of her shirt, she could feel his scorching heat burning her. Her own hands ventured up to grasp his shoulders, wanting to touch him in return, but he held them in place and swiftly moved them back down again.

As they continued to kiss, both their breathing quickened, their heart rates increased, and their desire for one another heightened. Michael's lips moved to her cheek, her chin, down to her neck where he pressed heated kisses all over her skin, making her head feel so hazy that she had to grip the wooden bedpost for support, sigh after sigh escaping from Valerie as his lips explored her. He found one of her pressure points when he kissed just behind her ear, since she moaned, and he didn't hesitate to taste her skin, letting his tongue slip out, gently sucking the side of her neck. Remembering how much he liked the scent and softness of her hair, he inhaled deeply and ran his fingers through her locks.

His lips eventually found hers again. He thumbed her shirt collar. "Take this off," he breathed in between their kiss.

She complied and started to slowly unbutton from the top. But he stopped and took a step back. He wanted to watch her undress. She looked down to hide her blushing face while she continued all the way down, and his eyes followed the narrow path of skin that she revealed to him. Her lacy white bra peeked through her open shirt. She hesitantly slid it down her arms and dropped it on the floor, her upper body now bared to him. He bit his lip and drank in the sight of her; she was a secret fantasy; slim and shapely, her stomach was flat, her waist small, but he only got a glimpse of her breasts before she crossed her arms over them; though not huge, they were full and perky. She noticed the bulge in his pants, and her eyes widened.

"Turn around," he said, in a voice deepened by arousal. She did so, and he gave her another command: "And the skirt."

Valerie had been swept off her feet and romanced before, yet she found herself starting to like being dominated. She unzipped the side of her skirt and bent over as she pulled it down, showing her round ass in matching lace panties. She stepped out of it and lightly gasped when she felt him push his body into her from behind, hard and hot. He just had to touch her. With his arms reaching around her, his palms smoothed up her body until he cupped her breasts in his hands, gently squeezing, running his thumbs over her sensitive nipples through the thin lace, feeling them instantly respond to the light tease of his touch, making her moan and relax against him.

His warm breath tickled in her ear as he told her: "I wanna fuck you so bad, Val."

Almost everyone called her that, but when he said it, she felt special.

"I want you to," she whispered back, "I haven't been able to stop thinking about today."

"Just wait till I'm done with you. I'll have you coming back for more every week."

She gasped when he slapped her ass, and he smirked at her reaction. As he rubbed the sting away, she smiled, aware that she was getting more used to Michael's sexual nature; he liked to touch, he liked to be in control. And Valerie had no problem with letting him take the lead. Yet she loved how he made her feel: feminine and desirable.

She turned to face him again and looked into the desire glinting in his eyes.

"Get down on your knees."

Valerie obeyed, about to give him what he wanted when they first met. She unbuckled his belt while he pulled his red shirt off, leaving him in his plain white top. Her hands trembled as she unzipped him, though her nerves rattled more when she slowly lowered his boxers, freeing his erection. She gently closed her hand around him, feeling his cock harden in her grasp as she began to stroke him lightly from base to head, testing the feel of him. She couldn't tear her eyes away; he was bigger than average, certainly, but seemed even more so in her dainty hand. Taking his groans as a cue, she licked his tip and he inhaled a sharp breath, craving to be inside her mouth.

"Fuck," he cursed when she wrapped her lips around him, wanting to taste him, to please him. Her mouth, searing with heat and wetness, moved up and down his shaft, eliciting breathy moans from him.

"Val...look at me..."

She glanced up, still sucking him slowly, and he smoothed her hair away from her face, tangling his fingers into her locks. She yelped in protest when he pulled, but he couldn't help it; she made him feel so good.

"Fuck...just like that," he sighed. He hadn't expected her to so willingly do this, but that was how he knew she was comfortably settling into her position as his Thursday Girl.

She gave her jaw a rest, panting slightly while she rubbed her hand up and down his shaft. When closed her lips around him again, her hand and mouth moved in tandem, quicker, harder, until the first of his juices leaked onto her tongue. He was close. But, enjoying the sight of Michael losing composure at her very touch, she kept pleasuring him.

"Val," he weakly said. "Valerie, stop. I'm gonna come."

Her cheeks flushed red against her ivory skin—at first, because she had gotten carried away, but then because she imagined him coming inside of her mouth. She released him and avoided eye contact as she wiped her wet mouth on the back of her hand. He grabbed her arms and hauled her up, before capturing her lips in a brief, fiery kiss.

"You liked that. Didn't ya?" he mumbled. "You liked sucking me off."

Oh, she loved it. She chuckled nervously in response.

"I know there's a freak hiding in there somewhere," he added. "And I know she wants to come out and play."

"It's you that brings out the freak in me," she replied, leaning in to kiss him again. Their lips still connected, he guided her around the bedpost, then broke away, and gently pushed her onto the bed with a bounce, where she lay flat on her back. She kicked her heels off and they hit the floor with a thud and watched as he slid his belt off through the loops in his pants...but was he not going to get undressed?

Michael joined Valerie on the bed and settled his body over hers. He grabbed both her wrists and pinned her arms down either side of her head.

"The things I wanna do to you, Valerie," he whispered, staring into her eyes, and bringing his head down, he engaged with her in another scorching kiss, his tongue sweeping into her mouth, neither caring that it was messy.

Valerie balled her hands in resistance to being held down beneath him, with no choice but to neglect her urges to run her fingers through his curls, across his back and shoulders, and ever-growing was her curiosity over why he wouldn't let her touch him.

He left a trail of kisses from her chin to her neck, and she pushed her body up against him, begging for more, so he moved down her chest, releasing her from his grip so that he could reach around her back and unclasp her bra. He stripped it off her and tossed the garment onto the floor, then smirked as he admired her exposed breasts. He cupped them in his hands, enjoying how perfectly they fit in his palms as he gently squeezed.

"So fuckin' beautiful," he mumbled to himself, but she heard him, and she smiled.

She could feel his warm breath heat her bare skin. And even though he was rock hard, he forced her to submit to his slow pace, and she was desperate.

"Please..." she sighed.

This time, he closed his hands around her upper arms to hold them down. He teasingly licked her nipple and her breath hitched.

"Whose body is this?" he husked.

"Yours," she murmured.

"I can't hear you, baby."

"It's yours," she spoke up, "my body is yours."

Satisfied with her answer, he rewarded her and sucked her nipple into his mouth with a hard pull while tweaking the other. He loved the sounds that she was making as writhed underneath him, groaning in pleasure. She moved her hips ever so slightly against him. Michael knew his way around a woman's body, and he had learned Valerie's so fast and so well, it was as though he could read her every want. He reached down and slipped one of his hands into her panties, sliding his fingers between her wet folds.

"Fuck, Val," he whispered, closing his lips around her other nipple.

She instantly opened her legs wider for him and he started to stroke the most sensitive part of her, gradually increasing his pressure and pace. Still sucking on her breast, he rubbed her clit in quick, circular motions. He was dying to know what she tasted like.

He lifted himself up off her, leaving her breathless. She sensed his next move, so she raised her hips to help him slide her panties off. But she pressed her thighs together, suddenly shy and almost embarrassed, as opposed to the lust and desperation she displayed just seconds before. He noticed the change and leaned over her again. With his hand on her cheek, he guided her to look at him.

"Val."

She swallowed. "Yeah?"

"You want me to make you feel good, don't ya?"

She nodded in response. 

"Then you gotta let me," he stated. "You gotta let me see the best parts of you."

Nervous as Valerie was, she didn't want Michael to think that he made the wrong choice in selecting her; but he didn't know that she had only been with two other men in the past, nor that the last one was well over 2 years ago. If she was ever going to be his ideal Thursday Girl, she had to give her all to him—and nothing less.

"Okay," she replied.

He smiled for a second. "You haven't disappointed me so far."

She smiled back, feeling that familiar flutter starting in the depths of her stomach and rising to her heart. He continued to hold her gaze; an unusual softness graced his melting chocolate eyes, yet at the same time, only a flicker of that intense passion shone within them. Against his better judgement, he felt something too; it was weird and unwelcome but he was powerless to stop it.

Michael cleared his throat, mentally asked himself what the hell just happened, and lifted his body off her, breaking their mutual stare. With his hands on her knees, he parted her legs, about to claim what belonged to him.

Valerie trembled. Her insides tightened. It was only a matter of touches before she'd lose herself. She sat up with her back against the headboard as he lowered his head between her legs. He began with a long, slow lick up her glistening folds and she cried out instantly. His lips lightly brushed over her clit before the tip of his tongue swirled against it, sending sparks shooting through her.

Valerie had only tried oral once before; the thought of anyone getting so close to that part of her was almost unthinkable. Yet here, she bucked her hips against his mouth, tangled her fingers in his curls, and told him where she needed him, all that shyness melting away, replaced with an intense desire spreading throughout her whole body, from the top of her head to the tips of her toes. Michael used his tongue on her in ways she never could have imagined, and made her feel it in places that she never felt it before. 

"Michael..." she sighed, and he hummed in response. "Oh, shit, Michael..."

Her moans of pleasure encouraged him to suck on her clit harder. Then, he took her by surprise when he easily pushed a finger inside of her, hearing her gasp.

"You're so tight," he murmured, more to himself than to her, tongue lapping at her clit while he finger-fucked her. He inserted another finger and it drove her crazy. She gripped the sheets tightly, wanting to scream.

In one quick movement, Michael pulled her down the bed and lifted her legs onto his shoulders, allowing him better access. She supported her weight on her elbows, watching him, and he glanced up, initiating eye contact as his tongue teased her entrance before thrusting inside her. By now, Valerie's forehead and chest gleamed with sweat beads. She saw stars in her vision and closed her eyes to concentrate on the sensations, the sounds, the way Michael groaned her name, absolutely hooked on her taste.

"Don't stop," she moaned, arching her back and moving with him, "please don't stop."

He rubbed her clit harder with his thumb. "I won't till you come for me, baby."

She bit down on her lip as one more stroke of his fingers brought her to her peak. Her moans got louder, uncontrollable, resounding in the room, his tongue urging her orgasm to continue as she pulsed in his mouth. She came over and over again, and by the time she collapsed onto the heap of pillows on the bed, she could barely even remember her name. She lay there, limp, eyes shut, breathing heavily while she recovered.

Nobody had ever done that to her before.

Michael crawled back on top of her. Valerie sensed him, and opened her eyes. The first thing she noticed was that his lips and chin glistened with her juices, causing the heat to rush to her cheeks.

"Ain't you glad you let me?" he smirked.

Speechless and too stunned to reply, she nodded with heavy eyes.

"Taste yourself," he said, and eased two fingers, slick with her wetness, into her mouth. He kissed her after, finding himself becoming ridiculously infatuated with her.

"Michael," she sighed, "I want you."

"I wanted you since the minute I saw you."

"I know...I'm sorry that I kept you waiting."

"You're worth the wait, Val."

She blinked. "Really? Am I what you want?"

"Really. You're all that and more."

Valerie smiled to herself while Michael reached across to the nightstand, pulled the drawer open, and retrieved a condom from the pile of them sitting in there. He quickly tore it open with his teeth and stroked himself a few times before rolling it onto his length. He positioned himself between her thighs and pressed the tip of his dick at her entrance.

Her legs tensed up. There was no way all that would fit in her.

"Relax," she heard Michael say.

She took a deep breath. Relax, she told herself, though all thoughts halted as he slowly entered until every inch of him was inside her. At first, it felt uncomfortable; she wasn't used to his size. But as he began to thrust in and out of her, his movements slow and steady, the stings of pain transformed into pure pleasure. He gripped her hips, locking her in place, and went faster. She moaned his name continuously. Lovingly.

"Michael...just like that..."

"You're so fuckin' tight, Val..."

"Fuck me," she begged, "fuck me, please,"

He started to fuck her even deeper, harder, that the headboard hit against the wall with each thrust. She arched her back, clawing at the sheets, mind vacant of all thoughts as she lost herself mindless pleasure. And Valerie: she made him feel so good—better than any drug could, and he was getting addicted to the natural high.

His hand found her breast, while his other rubbed her clit, hard and fast, and the shuddering pulse of her orgasm started to build. Without warning, he pulled out and flipped her over, causing the mattress to bounce from the impact. She got on all fours and he entered from behind with a grasp on her waist, drawing her ass towards his front. She started moaning immediately, the sounds and curses foreign in her own ears. He secured a thick lock of her hair and pulled her head back.

"You like that don't you?" he breathed. "You like how I fuck you."

"Yes..." she groaned, barely able to speak, "oh God, yes...you're fucking me so good..."

He smacked her ass loudly, leaving a red handprint on her white skin. Feeling his cock twitching inside her, his thrusts began to lose their rhythm, forcing her to hold onto the headboard for support. Her body started to shake.

"Michael, I'm gonna come—fuck!"

He fucked her faster, and Valerie, feeling her mind and body about to explode, was the first to lose control; screaming as she climaxed. Her convulsions caused Michael's own release to follow, cursing and moaning as he came hard. So hard that he could no longer keep up with his movements. He pulled out of her and she collapsed onto the mattress, panting. A few seconds later, she felt his weight shift off the bed, but she was too exhausted to move and observe what he was doing. Never before in her life had she been so satisfied, and she lay there, smiling.

It was dark now. Silver moonlight spilled into the room, but barely enough to be able to see in. She heard several movements in the background—a door opening, then closing, footsteps and some shuffling—but she preferred to stay exactly where she was.

Michael tapped her shoulder.

"Valerie,"

"Mm-hm?"

How was he supposed to tell her...

"It's time for you to go."

Her eyes fluttered open. She rolled onto her side to face him. "What do you mean?"

He paused. "You can't stay. C'mon, you gotta go."

"I have to go right now?"

"Well...yeah. You ain't on vacation here,"

Things got awkward. She wanted to tell him that she understood, but she didn't at all.

"I've left your pills on the dresser. Don't forget to take 'em before you go."

She curled up in embarrassment.

He whispered her name. She glanced up at his outline in the darkness. "You were right,"

About what?

"You're the best I've ever had."

He could just about see her smile, or rather, he felt it. And with that, he retreated into the bathroom. A few seconds later, she heard jets of water streaming against tiles. She turned onto her back again and stared up at the ceiling, confusion fogged her mind. Did he just kick her out? Maybe not, but that's what it felt like. It was almost as if everything he said and did to her during the past hour was staged, for him to want her to just leave like that. When she finally accepted that she had overstayed her welcome, she got up from the bed and put her clothes back on, not bothering to button the top of her shirt.

Valerie walked over to the dresser. A beam of moonlight splashed onto the small bag, illuminating it. So, this was the protocol, she thought. She sighed and took it, then remembered to take the first bag too, and left the bedroom before Michael could re-emerge.

And all the while, she didn't even get a chance to ask him about the drugs.

~A FEW DAYS LATER~

A new week began.

And so did the waiting game.

They may have been just 2 strangers with an undeniable sexual chemistry, but Valerie felt a connection beyond sex to Michael. If she thought it was bad before, the longing was now at its worst; she could still feel him inside her, and she would become exhausted from tossing and turning night after lonely night; she needed him to add fuel to the fire which he started in her. But for Michael, she turned out to be like any other drug; the high was not long-term, and he would come down after, no matter how euphoric it made him feel.

One evening after Valerie finished work, she sat at her desk in her cubicle—3 grey walls and a computer—where she was stuck for 40 gruelling hours a week. The pay was good, but surely, she wasn't destined to spend her life in a 6x6 death cube, where phones constantly rang, people talked loudly, and co-workers would appear right behind her without warning. She often daydreamed about being someplace else, but as of late, she would think about Michael and all of the amazing things he did to her.

Sometimes, her thoughts got the absolute best of her.

They left her squirming in her chair, pressing her legs together against the ache that formed between them as she remembered—no, visualised the way he touched, teased, tasted her...the only option she had to relieve herself was to masturbate in the restroom. Though she couldn't always leave her workspace, the walls around her meant that could discreetly do it at her desk if she rubbed her legs together the right way and bit back her moans.

And today was one of those days.

People slowly dispersed from the cube farm once the clock would strike 5pm, but she stayed, hoping to have a different, a better end to her day. She picked up the telephone and dialled Michael's number. She bit her fingernails as it rang, waiting.

"Hello?" he answered.

She smiled instantly. "Michael, hi," but she knew that she wasn't supposed to call him, so she apologised, "I'm sorry—uh, I was just wondering if you're available tonight."

"It's Tuesday."

"Yeah, I know, but...how do you feel about meeting early this week?"

"Valerie, you know I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"That ain't what we agreed to."

"You don't have to—" she suddenly bowed her head and lowered her voice, "you don't have to give me any pills."

"Pills or no pills. I can't do it. Not today."

Her tone sharpened. "Do you have other plans?"

"No," he insisted, chuckling. She heard him release a long, gentle exhale.

"Are you smoking?"

Then he took a drag. "Maybe."

She started to sound upset. "If you're not doing anything important, why won't you see me?"

"Valerie. It's 2 more days, girl."

"But that's not fair."

"How is it not fair?" he questioned. "Why can't you just wait?"

"You don't know what you've done to me, Michael."

He paused, burning to know. "Yeah?" Another exhale. "What have I done to you?"

She briefly pressed the receiver to her chest and looked over her shoulder. Then she whispered, "I'm touching myself at work because of you,"

That little piece of information literally made his dick stiffen. He listened as she continued,

"I can't take it. I keep thinking about it. I want you all the time," she said, her voice becoming weaker with arousal, which peaked his interest, "I need you, Michael. I need you to fuck me so bad."

His line got silent for a moment. The anticipation was torture. She hoped that he would give in.

But his decision only disappointed her.

"2 more days, Valerie."

"Please just see me tonight," she begged, "we can even skip next week, i-if it helps."

"Val—"

"We'll be quick and then I'll leave right away, and this will be an exception to our arrangement, it won't happen again—"

"Val, baby," he soothed.

She sighed. "What...?"

"I'm only gonna say this once, so listen carefully." And the words slowly left his mouth. "Only. On. Thursday."

And then he hung up.

Defeated, she carefully put the receiver back down. Even though she was somewhat closed off from the rest of the sparse office, she shielded her face with her hand to hide the tears that formed in her eyes.

~THURSDAY~

"Harder! Fuck me harder, Michael!"

Her back against the thumping headboard, and he, still clothed, held her legs wide apart, thrusting in and out of her, both of them panting, moaning like mad.

They could have gone on like that for hours—thanks to the ecstasy pill they shared beforehand.

"I'm gonna—fuck, I'm coming," he groaned, releasing his seed.

She rubbed her clit back and forth with haste, until she finally came too, with a scream so loud that the windows almost shattered. Her head tilted back and her eyes flew shut as her breaths eventually slowed. But before she even half calmed down, Michael grasped the back of her neck and pulled her in for a deep, wet kiss, sucking her tongue into his mouth, making her head spin. His lips released hers with a smack and they both gasped for air.

He pulled out and did the usual; peeled the condom off, threw it away, and zipped himself back up, bringing an end to their second evening of pleasure. Then he went into the suite next door. Meanwhile, Valerie hopped off the bed and put her bra and panties back on. She stepped into her skirt, but halted pulling it up her legs when Michael reappeared, pushing the door open with his back as he held a lighter to the fat blunt between his lips. The room next door must have been where he kept his stash of drugs.

He clicked the lighter shut and blew out thick, white smoke, curling up into the air. Valerie let her skirt drop to the floor again, and a grin spread across her face. As she walked towards him, she felt as though she was floating, adopting the form of a 6-year-old; she felt happy, warm, energetic.

She stood on her tiptoes in front of Michael with her hands behind her back. "Can I try?"

He shook his head as he inhaled, and exhaled the smoke as he replied. "I don't think so."

She frowned. "Why not? You don't feel like sharing?"

He smirked. "You never done it before."

"No duh; there's a first for everything," she said, edging her hand towards the joint, but he drew away.

"Yeah, but you don't know what this could do to you. And you're on ecstasy."

"So are you."

"But I do it all the time. This could fuck up your system, Val."

She licked her lips and stared at the ashy white paper rolled around the mossy burning embers; the hot smoke rising off it smelled oh-so delicious.

"You're right; it'd be a bad idea," she agreed, slowly turning her back to him.

Assuming that he was safe, he attempted to take another drag, but before he could, Valerie faced him again and snatched the blunt from his fingers.

"Valerie!"

She squealed in delight as he initiated a chase around the bed, and against his wishes, she took a hit from the weed while she had the chance, coughing only slightly.

"Don't you smoke that shit, Valerie!" he laughed.

Adrenaline rushed through her veins. She leaped up onto the bed in an effort to escape him, and proudly breathed in another short, quick drag. She blew out the smoke. "Oops."

"Valerie, that's enough now," he ordered, though he failed to fight his smile, and she couldn't take him seriously.

She jumped to the floor. Michael ran back in her direction and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, successfully securing her in his hold. They both laughed hysterically as Valerie tried shake him off of her back, but she managed to free her arms from beneath his as they both fought for the blunt. She grabbed it and turned her head away from him as she placed it between her lips, inhaling deeply for as long as she could, swatting his hands away. Finally, he yanked it from her mouth.

But he was too late.

Her throat seemed to contract, and suddenly, she started to choke on the fumes. Violently. He stopped laughing. She pushed him away. Her lungs burned and her face was clouded with smoke as she coughed hard, in desperate need of oxygen.

Michael felt panic crawl into his stomach. He grabbed her upper arms in an attempt so steady her. "Val? Val!"

Still suffocating, she didn't respond to him, feeling so light-headed that her knees wanted to give out.

"Get off me," she rasped.

Reluctantly, he gave Valerie the space that she needed. She gripped the bedpost and sank to the floor, letting her coughs gradually subside on their own. He kneeled in front of her and placed his palms on her cheeks, gently lifting her head and smoothing away the veil of hair on her face, revealing her flushed cheeks, sweaty forehead and watery eyes.

"Valerie, you okay?"

She shook her head. "I can't breathe..."

"You gotta try," he instructed, holding her face in his hands, but she felt so weak and faint that she could barely open her eyes. "C'mon, Val. It ain't as bad as you think. You just took too much and got scared. That's all."

He brushed his thumbs across her cheeks in order to pacify her. Eventually, her breathing regulated again. She opened her eyes, and saw him intently looking back at her with concern. The room stilled. She seemed okay. He released a sigh that he didn't realise he was holding in these past few minutes.

But it was long enough for the high to kick in.

"Wait," she murmured, hand rising to her chest.

Michael swallowed. "Val?"

Wordlessly, she got back up onto her feet and he mirrored her actions. Her situation became a little suspect. Still feeling her chest, she looked as though she had been shot in the heart at close range. Her steadied breathing became rapid and shallow, and she was convinced that she was about to meet her maker.

Even though her reaction to the drug was the complete opposite of what she had expected, he wanted to believe that it was nothing serious; he still remembered the first time that he smoked weed, and it wasn't anywhere near as pleasant an experience as it would later be.

"Val," he said, clasping his hands around her wrists to prevent her from going crazy. "Val, stay calm."

But the closer he got to her, the faster her heart raced, and the more terrified she became. It seemed as though she had smoked a hefty dose of paranoia.

"M-Michael," she mumbled.

"Yes?" he firmly answered, eyes wide.

She withdrew into herself. "Please let go."

"Valerie, it's just me," he assured. "Look, I'm trying to help ya."

But her whole body was placed on high alert and her brain detected him as a threat. She snatched her wrists away.

And for the next 30 minutes, she panicked.

Valerie started seeing things which made her jump out of her skin, she believed that she was under attack, and her fear of impending death was palpable. It was all fun and games until she impulsively decided that she was going to try smoking high-powered concentrates for the first time. Yet, throughout the nightmare, Michael hadn't once left her side.

She sat cross-legged on the bed, and he was right opposite her, there to remind her that whatever she was going through was just temporary.

"What the fuck is going on?" she cried, eyes darting left and right, seeing dangers all around her.

"You're just panicking," he calmly told her. "I'll go get you some water—"

"No," she pleaded, leaning forward to cover his hands with his own. "Please don't leave me."

He glanced down at the cluster of their hands, her nails almost clawing into his skin, then back up at her. She looked so scared, so small and fragile, as if she would shatter into a million pieces at any moment. And he didn't like that.

"I ain't gonna leave you. I promise."

She relaxed her grip on his hands, but didn't let go of them. Her palms were warm and soft...and sweaty. But he didn't mind.

Suddenly, her stomach churned. She clamped her hand to her mouth. Then she ran to the bathroom. He quickly followed after her. She fell to her knees, her insides surging out and into the bowl in front of her.

"Fuck," he muttered, kneeling beside her.

She retched again, each spasm leaving her head pounding and her stomach writhing in pain. His hand rubbed up and down her bare back.

"It's okay," Michael soothed, gently pulling Valerie's hair back as she kept vomiting, briefly distracted by the softness.

Finally she sat back, light-headed and trembling from the exertion. She wiped her mouth on the back of her hand. She felt like absolute crap, but at the same, she felt better; her panic had faded. He took her hands in his and guided her up to her feet.

"Get yourself cleaned up," he suggested. "Ain't no way you should drive back like that."

"I'll get a cab and get my car in the morning."

"You ain't gonna see tomorrow morning," he chuckled. "Look, you're not in the right condition to go anywhere. So, just stay. It'll be better for you. Trust me."

Silently, she complied with a nod. He started the shower for her and left the bathroom, in disbelief that she was going to stay the night.

~

Valerie emerged 20 minutes later in one of Michael's white t-shirts which he borrowed her, hair dripping wet over her shoulder, clinging to the material. She had no choice but to recycle her panties for one night, since he didn't have any spares.

The bedroom's light was dimmed and the blinds were drawn. Michael sat on the edge of the bed, waiting, and he was mesmerised by her soft, natural beauty; her skin remained just as flawless, her eyes seemed more delicate. He already thought that she was beautiful, but seeing her in his clothes made his heart jump a beat.

He cleared his throat. "You feelin' better?"

She nodded, faintly smiling. "I thought I was having a heart attack. I thought I was gonna die."

"No," he chuckled. "No, you weren't. But you sure as hell gave me one."

"I'm sorry," she blushed. He started to notice how often she did that around him. "I totally don't know what came over me."

He rose from the bed. "Nah, it was just a first-time thing. Probably won't happen again."

She understood. "Thank you, Michael. For everything."

He scratched the back of his neck. "Don't worry 'bout it. Um, you should try and rest,"

They exchanged silent glances.

"Oh, and um," he remembered to tell her as she brushed past him. "If you ever wanna escape, you can always come down here to do it. Just call me first. Make sure I'm not in."

"Okay."

Valerie dragged herself to his bed and got into the sheets, faced away from him. Secretly, she was absolutely humiliated. Her mind started to ache with the recollection of the past few hours. Did she really freak out like that? She was acting crazy. And then she threw up in front of him. Nice.

She closed her eyes, heard a click, and sensed the room darken.

She shot up. "Wait,"

Michael was stood between the door, head turned to look at her.

"Can you stay with me?"

He dropped his head and sighed, and she took his hesitation as his answer.

"Just until I fall asleep."

As he contemplated, his mind flashed back to those minutes when she was so terrified. His heart won over his head.

He closed the door again and made his way back to her, and she felt his weight on the other side of the bed, but not very close to her at all, instead he lay on his side with his head propped up by his elbow; Michael couldn't risk getting attached to his Thursday Girl by sleeping beside her.

No longer alone, Valerie's head rested on the pillow again and closed her eyes. They shared warmth under the covers, and the consequence? She craved to feel his arm around her and hold her close to him, the way that he did earlier on when they battled for the blunt. So why was he now lying so far away from her? After all that he done for her—how much he cared for her? It was confusing.

So she focused on sleep. That, and the fact that Michael was not her boyfriend, nor the person responsible for her. Just because she was sleeping in his bed, didn't mean that he was either of those things. He was strictly someone she let fuck her on Thursdays.

He told himself that he was only going to stay until she had fallen asleep, but she had been for a while now. He listened to her soft, silent breathing. She hadn't tossed and turned too much, but at some point, she did shift onto her other side, facing Michael. He had let women stay the night in his bed before, and if he ever slept with them, he'd be gone before sunrise, especially in hotel rooms. But this time, it felt highly unusual...different.

He laid his head on the pillow and felt a shiver rip through him, his eyes closing halfway while he studied Valerie's features in the semi-darkness. Why did his heart flutter so, why did it seem as though a small piece of the void in his life was filled in, something warm and welcomed flooding in to complete this missing piece?

She didn't sense his touch when he gently tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. He had always been worried about crossing that line, but now he feared that it had already been blurred.

Suddenly, somehow, the whole thing didn't seem right.

Michael slowly got up and out of the bed, thinking: he needed to be more careful and put his emotions on lock and key. So he packed his things and got the hell out of there before the crack of dawn, and in the morning, Valerie awoke in a cold, empty bed.

And he was nowhere to be found.

~A/N~
Finally—my fav song on the mixtape!! 😩
That's 1/3 of the story complete.
This chapter has been redirected so many times as I was writing it, that the initial plan I made looked at me like 'bruh, wyd'. & apologies for its long length, I'm worried that the sex scene is way too long...but I'd love to hear your thoughts on the final outcome.
Do you think Michael is getting attached to Valerie?
Don't forget to vote!
❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 688 27
This story is about a girl,Rose,who had a crush on Michael Jackson when they were kids.But,for an unknown reason,they became enemies.They both search...
6.3K 237 16
This is a story of how one best selling novelist gets the surprise of her life... How could she be so lucky?? The guy well you won't believe, because...
75K 2.5K 38
MJAwards 2020 Winner! FINISHED!! {Jackson 5 - The Jackson's Era} "But do you... love me? And not like how you love your fans Michael; I mean... how...
303K 10.8K 105
โญWinner of Best Romance in the MJFA'S 2020โญ โญ๏ธWon the Triumphant award in the MJFA'S 2022โญ๏ธ โš ๏ธ Copyright ยฉ 2019 by IntenseArt. This is an original st...