Shattered

By krimson27

Selena is an orphan. Surviving a car accident that killed her parents, she is shattered. Until she meets this... More

Shattered Part 2
Shattered Part 3
Shattered Part 4
Shattered
Shattered Part 6

Shattered

297 4 4
By krimson27

Okay so this was requested by a fan. hope you guys like it:D

1.

 “Who could have done this?” Valerian said. We were in a dark alley way in downtown Brooklyn. I looked at the body. Or what was left of the shredded body. There was blood everywhere. You could see where its wings were supposed to be. “I don’t know. But this is the third one this month. Someone or something is after us.” I said. I couldn’t look at the remains so I turned around. Valerian did the same. “What shall we do?”Valerian said. “I don’t know. We need to tell our kind to be on the lookout for now, while we investigate.” I said. We walked away. Thantos would clean up the mess. We left the alley.

----------

Joyous laughing, windows shattering, tires screeching, a loud explosion. Glass pieces everywhere. Blood everywhere. Then it’s over. I walk out of the car unharmed. Everyone is dead. Silence. Two cars molded together. Glass on the road. People in shock. Ambulance rushing forward. It’s obvious no one survived, but me. I just stand on the street watching everyone move around. I’m frozen. Wanting to scream but I can’t.

I woke up abruptly in my bed, sweat drenching my hair and clothes. I was panting. That dream always haunted me. I looked at the clock and it was five am.  I couldn’t go back to sleep. I got out of the tiny twin bed and went to the small bathroom. You could barely move in there. I decided to take a shower. I just stood under the hot water and began to cry. I always cried when I showered. It was the only privacy I could have to cry.

I got out of the shower and everyone else was sleeping. It was quiet in the orphanage. There wasn’t anything to do here. I rarely talked to anyone. I got changed in skinny jeans, a pink shirt, and a black jacket. I’d hang out in the little coffee shop in Brooklyn. I loved going there. It was packed and all the chairs were taken. I sighed and just ordered a coffee. My parents had money in their account, but I wasn’t old enough to live alone. I was only sixteen. I had to sell our house and our belongings. All I had was my mother’s diamond necklace and my father’s golden watch. I always wore my mother’s necklace. My parent’s inheritance for me was untouchable till I was eighteen. We hadn’t been wealthy but middle classed.

I decided to go to the park. I walked around. It was such a pretty park to be at and there were a lot of people. They looked so happy. I remember my parents used to take me here when I was a kid. I was walking on the bridge now and in front of me was a little black rabbit. It was a baby rabbit. I picked it up and saw it had a little chain around its neck and tag in the shape of wings. It was gold with the name Rupert chiseled into it. “Well Rupert, let’s go find your owner. Don’t want you to be an orphan like me, now don’t we.” I said to it and petted his head. He was so soft. I walked around the park asking anyone if this was their rabbit. They said no. I walked around the park for an hour looking for his owner. I was walking on the sidewalk with trees along the side when Rupert hopped out of my arms and started to run straight forward. “Rupert.” I called out to him and ran after him. He kept running. I couldn’t breathe. I was out of shape and flushed. Rupert stopped running and was in front of two guys. This one guy picked Rupert up and held him. “Rupert, why did you run away from me earlier.” He said and petted the rabbit. I looked at him. He had golden hair and gold eyes. He was tall and wearing a black coat that contrasted his light tan colored skin and golden hair. There was a guy next to him. He had dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes. They looked the same age. The golden hair boy looked up at me. “Thank you for taking care of Rupert for me.” he said. How did he know I took care of him. “No problem.” I said softly. I didn’t like to talk to strangers. “What’s your name?” he asked.

“It’s Selena.” I said. I didn’t want to tell him my last name. I kept starring at him. He looked like an angel. “Thank you Selena for brining Rupert to me.” he said. “You’re welcome. Well I have to go.” I said and turned the other way. I didn’t want to stay long at the park. I walked away. I turned my head and they were gone. Almost like a ghost.

I walked back to the orphanage. Well that was the most exciting thing that happened to me in three months I thought. I sighed as I went to my bed and hid under the covers. I could hear the other kids playing around the house. I didn’t have school cause it was summer, so there wasn’t much for me to do.

My life was almost perfect three months ago. I had many friends and had fun. I went everywhere with my parents and I was all smiles. Now I didn’t want to have friends because they all gave me that sad sympathetic look. Mostly everyone I knew did. It annoyed me. To be constantly gawked at. I hadn’t noticed but I began to silently tear.

I fell asleep crying. No one bothered me. I woke up early, with the same dream. I took a shower and went to my favorite coffee shop, The Java House. Luckily it wasn’t busy, I got a seat at the back and was reading a magazine and drinking a hot coffee. I suddenly felt as if someone was watching me. I didn’t look up immediately I just kept pretending to read my magazine. I slowly looked up and sitting across me was the golden boy. He was smiling at me. This was creepy. I closed the magazine and gave him a small smile. I took a sip of my coffee. “Hello Selena.” He said, his voice was smooth. “Hi … I don’t know you’re name,” I said, “Oh, I’m sorry, my name is Zane.” He said. He didn’t look like a Zane. “Oh nice to meet you Zane.” I said. “It’s a pleasure meeting you Selena. Do you live here?” he asked. “Yes I do.” I didn’t tell him I lived at the orphanage, he’d be like the other people, feeling sorry for me. Then the same guy that was with him yesterday came in and took a seat next to Zane. “Selena this is Valerian, Valerian, this is Selena.” He said. “Nice meeting you Selena.” Valerian said. “Same to you, I like your name. What does it mean?” I asked. I hadn’t heard that name before. “Thank you. It’s Latin for Strong and Powerful.” He smiled. Interesting. “Sire are you ready to go.” Valerian said to Zane. That was weird, he called him sire. “yes” he said. And murmured something to Valerian that I couldn’t catch. Valerian just nodded. “Well we have business to attend to. It was nice seeing you Selena.” They stood up and I just nodded and they were gone. They were such weird people. Even how they talked was weird. Not normal customs. Business to attend to? Sire?. Pleasant? Teens barely said that. I let it go and read my magazine again.

My mind kept picturing Zane. His hard, square jaw. His short golden hair that fell over his eyes, his bright golden eyes with a hint of gray around the edges, and his perfect pink lips. I mentally slapped myself at the thought of Zane. I couldn’t think of him. But somehow my mind kept thinking about him. It was like I wanted to find him and be with him. It was a crazy thought but I couldn’t force myself to stop. I sighed and put away the magazine I wasn’t even reading. I set it at the table and finished my coffee. I went back to the orphanage and wrote in my journal. I’ve been keeping a journal to express my thoughts, all my secrets and things that happened to me were in this journal. I hid it under the dresser. I pulled it out and flipped open a new page and began to write about my meeting with Zane and Valerian today at the Java House.

I spent the day watching TV. It was uneventful. I went back to my bed and just laid there. I don’t remember but I fell asleep.

I was walking up a huge Victorian style house. There was a giant staircase in the center with gargoyles. Above there was a huge chandelier with crystals and a dozen candles. It cast strange shadows on the gargoyles. I was scared, I didn’t know where I was. I looked down and I was wearing a white ball gown. The room was filled with different painting and Victorian dressers and furniture. I was at the foot of the staircase. It was a black marble staircase. I stood at the first step. I looked at the top and Zane was there. He was wearing just black pants. He was smiling at me. Then I saw it. Golden Wings on his back. It was spread now. It was beautiful. It was Gold wings with intricate designs on it with white. He looked like an angel. He had his hand out to me, almost as if he was beckoning me to him. I took another step. He was watching me as I slowly walked up the stairs. I looked at his wings. It weren’t feathery. It was almost see through. I was on the top step. I took his hand and it was warm. I looked at him and he was smiling. He pulled me closer to him so that there was no room between us. He whispered “You are mine”

I woke up, I sat up and it was early. The dream felt so real. I could feel the warmth of him. I blinked and was in a daze. It was a lucid dream. I took deep breaths and went to the bathroom. I took a shower and sat at my bed. It was just a dream. I couldn’t be his. I didn’t know him. It was just a dream. A repressed desire that I wanted. Yes I wanted Zane but that was impossible. I kept repeating in my mind that it was a dream.

I stood up and grabbed a jacket. I walked to the Java House and go an iced tea. I sat at the same spot and was reading another magazine. I used to have tons of magazines at home. Now I just come here and read magazines.  I was reading an article on how teens party too hard when I felt it again. Like someone was watching me. I just kept reading my magazine but it felt stronger. I looked up and Zane was sitting in the same seat. He had a coffee cup in his hands. Though it was untouched. He was looking at me. He smiled as I looked at him.  “Hello Selena.” He said. “Hi Zane.” As I looked at him, images of my dream surfaced and I tried to push them away. I looked at him and he looked like he was thinking about something that amused him. I wonder what that was. “What are you doing?” he asked. “Just reading a magazine.” I said. “oh. What are you doing today.” He was looking at me? I was wearing jogging shorts and a jacket and my running shoes. I had my hair tied in a messy bun. “go jogging in the park.” I said. I could swear he was looking at my legs. I felt awkward I crossed my legs. He looked up. “oh that seems fun. Mind if I join you?” he asked. That would be awkward. I didn’t know the guy, but I know I wanted know more. He was so mysterious. I eyed his clothes. He was wearing jeans and a shirt. “are you gonna jog in that?” I asked. He chuckled. “Why of course not silly.” He said. I felt dumb. I just smiled. “okay. Well if you want to change you can. I’ll be here.” I said. “or you could come with me?” he said. I looked at him. “okay.” I said hesitantly. He stood up quickly and reached his hand towards me. It reminded me of the dream. I looked at him. He looked as if he was reading my mind and that he had shared the same dream as me. I took his hand slowly and he pulled me up. We were inches apart. Almost like how we were on the staircase. I blinked and let go of his hand. “lead the way.” I said. He just smiled and nodded. We left the coffee shop. “are we walking there?” I asked as we walked on the sidewalk. There were a lot of people. “No we’ll take a cab.” He stopped and hailed a cab for us. A yellow taxi cab stopped and he opened the door for me. I slid in and he followed. He leaned forward and gave the driver directions. I couldn’t hear him. The driver nodded and began to drive. “Are you following me?” I asked bluntly. “What do you mean.” He asked. He was looking straight ahead. “Well I’ve never seen you at the Java House until I met you at the park. And you’re there again this morning.” I said. I looked at him. “Well. Maybe I just like their coffee.” He said. I remembered that he didn’t touch his coffee. “Really. I hadn’t seen you touch your coffee.” I said. He just smiled. “Do you have to be so persistent?” he laughed. “yes. I don’t know if you’re some stalker.” I said. “I’m not. I just. You just intrigue me.” he said. He looked me in the eyes and smiled. His eyes were bright and had many hidden secrets locked away. “Why me?” I asked. “I don’t know.” He said. I looked down and the rest of the drive was quiet.

We stopped at a town house. It was bricked walled and had several windows. Zane opened the black iron gate and I followed him. He brought out an old style golden key. He opened the big wooden door and ushered me in. I gasped. It was beautiful inside. I felt like I’d been here before. I looked and my eyes widen. I had been here before, in my dreams. It looked exactly like my dream. The brick building was just a façade. It was much bigger inside. Zane was watching my reaction, as if he expected me to know. If the house was exactly in my dream, then Zane would have wings, and he didn’t.

“Follow me” he said. He started to walk up the staircase, I just stood there frozen. He was several steps up and noticed that I wasn’t following. He turned and stuck out his hand. I blinked. “Aren’t you coming or are you going to stay there.” He said. I walked up the stairs. I ignored his hand. He smiled and continued walking up the stairs. “You like my home?”he asked. “Yea it’s beautiful.” I said. “You looked a little shocked when you came in.” he said. “Yea, it’s just. I just feel like I’ve been here before.” I said. I didn’t want to tell him about the dream. “Really. Have you been here before? I just got the place not too long ago.” He was smiling, as if he was hiding something. “No I haven’t. I’ve seen it in a dream.” I blurted. I mentally slapped myself. “Really. What happened in this dream of yours?” he stopped walking and we were at the top of the stairs. He was facing me. We were close to each other. He was looking down at me and smiling. “Just that I saw this staircase and was walking up it.” I gave him vague details. I didn’t want him to know. “Oh. Why were you going up a staircase? Was there something you wanted in particular?” he asked knowingly. I breathed. I could smell him. He smelt like a summer’s breeze. “Nope. I was just climbing stairs.” I lied. “Uh. Huh.” He sounded as if he didn’t believe me. “Yup.” I blinked and remembered why we were here. “aren’t you gonna change?” I asked and took a step back. He smiled and began to walk. We came to a big wooden door. He opened it and it was his room. It was a huge room. He had a king sized bed in the middle of the room. It had golden sheets. There was different doors, probably leading to a closet and a bathroom. His floor was white marble and there was a gold duvet at the foot of the bed. The odd thing was there wasn’t a TV or stereo. It wasn’t a typical teenagers room. There was a big book shelf with tons of leather bound books.

“I will change. Make yourself comfortable.” He smiled and went to a door. He opened it and I could see it was a big walk in closet. Wow. I took a seat on the duvet. There was a vanity table against the wall and a giant mirror.

Zane came out wearing a white shirt and loose shorts. He had running shoes on. He was smiling at me. “I’m ready.” He said. I stood up. He opened the door for me. “So you live here alone?” I asked. It was such a big home for someone who lived alone. “No, I have several servants and Valerian lives here too.” He said. Servants? He had servants. “oh. What about your parents?” I asked. “My mother died when I was young and my father was killed.” He said. He was alone, like me. “Oh I’m sorry.” I said. I truly was, I knew how it felt to lose people you loved. “Thank you. but you don’t need to be sorry. What about you?” He said. “What about me?” I asked. We were walking out of his home. We reached the gate and he shut it. “Do you live with your parents?” he asked. I suddenly felt sad. “No. They died in a car accident recently.” I said. We were walking down the street. “Oh my. I’m sorry to hear that.” He said. “You shouldn’t be.” I said. I was looking at the pavement. “So you live alone?” he asked. “No I live at an orphanage. I’m not old enough to live alone.” I said. “Oh. How old are you?” he asked. “I’m 16, turning 17 in a few months.” I said. “oh I’m 17” he said. He looked more nineteen. “Oh, and you get to live alone?” I said. Lucky. “I guess.” He said. We walked several blocks.

“So you don’t go to school?” I asked. “No, I was homeschooled. My only friend is Valerian. He’s my best friend. We’ve known each other since we were five.” He said. “oh. Well I don’t have best friends. I like to keep to myself.” I said. “I hope you won’t shun me out.” He said out of nowhere. “What?” I asked. I wanted to make sure I heard him right. “I said I hope you won’t shun me out.” He said. I looked up at him and he was smiling. He had perfect straight, white teeth. “Don’t worry, I won’t” I said softly. “Good. It’d hurt me if you did.” He said. I hadn’t noticed but we stopped walking and were facing each other. “But you just met me.” I said and it was true. “I just. It’s just I think we have a connection.” He said softly. Looking at me intently. “How do you know that?” I said. “I can feel it.” he said. He was so straight forward. This was so fast. “Really?” I asked. “Yes, and that dream. I know what it is because I had the same dream.” He said. I went stiff. He couldn’t have. “How do I know you’re not lying?” I said, challenging him. “You were wearing a white ball gown and you walked up the steps. I had my hand out to you and you took it. I brought you close to me.” as he said that he took my right a hand and pulled me close to me as he did in the dream. “like this and whispered ‘You are mine’” He said it like in the dream. I felt dazed and confused. How was this possible?

------

Okay well i hope you guys enjoyed it and next chapter soon.

Continue Reading