Her Vampire Prince

By madisonrae19

Faith was happy with her life. She had a clear plan, and always knew what her next move was going to be. But... More

Introduction
Cast List!
Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Epilogue
MY OTHER BOOKS

Chapter XXV

3K 122 8
By madisonrae19

"Oi! Vampire Pet!" Scar growled as she ripped the covers off Faith.

"What?" Faith gasped as she bolted upright in bed.

"It's time for breakfast." She sneered.

Faith realised she must have drifted off some when during the early hours of the morning, and now she felt super dead and tired.

"C-can I use the bathroom quickly?" Faith questioned as she slipped out of the top bunk.

"Hurry up!" Scar growled, piercing Faith with her one muddy brown eye.

Faith hurried into the bathroom, just next to the desk in the stormy grey room, finding an adequate silver toilet and basin with cracked mirror. Her appearance made her gasp in shock, as she looked very dishevelled with clearly noticeable panda eyes and wild bird nest hair. Splashing cold water on her face to awaken her, then using some to pat her hair down, she finished her business then hurried outside to the impatient Scar who simply glared moodily at her, then literally pushed her out of the room. With a firm hand holding her shoulder in an iron grip to ensure she couldn't get away, Faith had to half jog to keep up with Scar's powerful strides. She knew when they were nearing the breakfast hall because of the loud echoes drifting through the walls.

She felt very out of place as Scar shoved her through the double doors, hundreds of eyes critically assessing her, making her blush. The old Faith, the version before she met William would have tried to hide, but now she stood defiantly, refusing to cower. Insults were hurled at her as Scar pushed her forward to the buffet breakfast tables, the most impertinent being vampire pet and whore. Faith tried to block it all out, but it was hard to when there was a whole room full of people laughing at her. She picked up one of the china plates with faded roses on them, something too sweet and innocent for such savages, and served herself a slice of bread, an emerald green apple and a fried egg. If she was stuck here, she was determined to make the most of the food, which actually looked rather nice.

"Hello darlin'." A man with a wolfish smile purred as he snuggled up to Faith, causing her to nearly drop her plate of food.

"Hello." She announced stiffly, moving away from the man who reeked of beer.

"What's wrong? I'm not a blood sucker so I'm good enough for ya?" He mocked, but Faith simply ignored him and escaped to the nearest table.

She fought the urge to shiver as she imagined his slimy hands all over her, making her feel physically sick and serving as a remembrance of Asher. It felt like a long time ago since Asher had attacked her, but she hadn't really been able to process it because of everything that had happened in between. The anger soared back into her as she remembered the way her so-called boyfriend dismissed her claims and treated her like a silly little girl. Sampson had signed his dismissal with his actions. Faith realised she would not be bothered if she never saw him again. She hadn't really needed to get over him to move on because there were never any real feelings to start with. He never made her heart race, cheeks red or smile blossom like William endlessly did. Sighing, Faith tried to stop thinking about William, and remind her heart that he possibly lied to her.

Still, it was hard to be mad at him when she was surrounded by evil. The hunters were openly bragging about how many vampires they had killed and how they wanted to destroy them all. They seemed to be more bloodthirsty then the actual vampires! She didn't feel like trusting them at all. Could Nancy have been lying to her about not hurting the vampires? By the way they were talking, she wouldn't be surprised if it was their intention to kill everybody. Faith felt sick with their graphic descriptions, and even though she was very hungry, she could not bring herself to eat much.

Deciding it was time for her to go back to her 'room' and try to get some more sleep, she stood up with the intention of finding Scar. But as she stood three men jumped up with her, caging her in.

"Where do you think you're going, pretty thing?" One of them sneered, gaining the attention of the whole canteen as the roar of noise quietened to a hum.

"I – I was just going to take my plate out and go back to the room I was in." She mumbled, intimidated by their glares.

"No one leaves the breakfast room until we're dismissed by the Emperor girly." A short, bald man with gleaming green eyes countered.

"Oh, ok." Faith sighed, turning back to sit in her chair.

The men sat back down and got into conversation again, but Faith could feel their watchful eyes on her. She felt like more of a prisoner there then she was with the vampires. She wondered who this so-called Emperor was, but had a feeling it was the man who cut her finger yesterday. He didn't seem to be in the canteen, but then again she wasn't really looking for him, preferring to keep her head down. He could have been like a snake in the grass, waiting to pounce on her when she felt most comfortable.

Suddenly the canteen doors were swung open with force, and a man who must have been about seven foot and looked like he could lift a truck sauntered in, earning many respectful nods from the audience. The man from yesterday who was the reason William was in so much pain was next to him, in a fresh white tuxedo. The giant had many scars and tattoos trailing up his arms, as well as a lip piercing and literal needle stabbed through his right ear. Half of his left one was disturbingly missing. He must be the second in command, Faith thought as everyone seemed to have a lot of respect for him and he oozed strength and power.

"Alright you horrible lot, listen up! This Saturday is when we will finally cleanse the earth of vampire scum." The giant roared, earning a loud cheer like being in a football stadium to whistle through the room. "We will infiltrate their little Ball and then..."

But Faith didn't get to hear the rest as Nancy's familiar auburn curls bounced into view through the ocean of people and a murmur of contempt went through the crowd. Nancy gestured for Faith to follow her, which she did so cautiously, leading her out of the dining room, which Faith found suspicious. If they weren't lying to her, why wasn't she allowed to hear the plan?

"Sorry about that Faith, I just thought you might be more comfortable hearing the plan from me, as I'll explain it better then Lapdog in there." Nancy commented casually once they were through the doors.

"Oh ok." Faith murmured, although she wasn't convinced. "Who's Lapdog?"

"Well, his real name is Beast – well codename, we don't use our actual names here, but I call him Lapdog because that's essentially all he is. He just follows the Emperors orders without questioning anything for power over everyone. He's not a nice man." She commented.

They lapped into silence after that, before pulling up outside the interrogation room they were in yesterday. Faith couldn't help but notice how Nancy had locked the door behind them. She couldn't abscond unless she managed to take down Nancy and torture the key and escape route out of her.

"Ok then Faith, I'm sure you're eager to know what's going on. Well, after years of research... we finally did it... We have created a cure for vampires to turn them back to humans." Nancy beamed.

"A – A cure? That's impossible." Faith replied, her eyebrows creasing into a frown.

"Was impossible, was. You see, vampirism is like a disease. We just had to find a way to reverse the effects. Saturday presents the best opportunity for us to get as many of the vampires we can cured. If it is successful, we will move on and make sure everyone is cured around the world. Our scientists have managed to create the shot and worked out the correct dosage we will need to give them. We're going to put it in the drinks for when they toast the King." Nancy spat the word as if it tasted sour.

"You said if it's successful, does that mean there's a chance it might not work?" Faith asked worriedly.

"Well, I am told we encountered a few fatalities during trials, but the majority should be ok."

"Should? You're willing to bet on hundreds of people's lives?"

"They're not people yet Faith." Nancy chastised.

"How do you even think you're going to be able to pull this off?" Faith vented hotly.

"Simple. My brother will make sure all the guards are those loyal to us, as well as the kitchen staff who will make sure the cure is inserted into the drinks."

Faith was at a loss. She didn't expect this at all. They found a cure? That could be an answer to all of the problems... But surely they should have a choice about whether they want to become human again? Faith had doubts, but imagining a human future with William was tempting.

"I told you Faith. We're on a mission to save humanity, and we found a solution pleasing to both sides."

"Why haven't you told the vampires then, given them the option? Why all the secrecy and breaking in and hurting each other?" Faith asked suspiciously.

"Because there will be those who will protest and try to destroy our work. We have to take the option out of their hands. That is also why we haven't told any vampires apart from my brother the extent of our research, and why we have an army. Once we have cured William's coven, others will rise up and try to kill us all. It is inevitable, but it is for the common good."

"So you're starting a war for peace? That's never worked." Faith muttered tiredly, playing with her hair.

"The reason we attacked was to distribute the cure, but we encountered many more vampires then we expected and were forced to retreat. They killed a few of us Faith."

"I don't believe that." Faith muttered stubbornly.

"This is happening with or without you. You may not like the consequences if you refuse to help us." Nancy warned. "So, what's it going to be? Are you going to help us save vampires from their curse?" She asked expectantly.

Faith was silent for a minute. Betrayal was an action she never wanted to be involved in. Would William and his family ever forgive her?

"You know Faith; the only other option if this doesn't work is to kill them all. Do you want a bloody war on your hands? The world will be rid of Vampires one way or another. Once you have fulfilled your duties in William's coven you won't be expected to help us anymore. You will be free. Free to build a life with whomever you desire, with no barriers holding you apart. This is our last chance to try to save them." Nancy warned, getting Faith right where she wanted her.

"Ok..." Faith murmured softly. "But only if you swear no one will be hurt." She spoke uneasily.

"I can't promise that Faith, but we'll try to make this as swift and easy as possible. You made the right decision." Nancy smiled in an almost warming manner.

Faith felt her stomach twisting into knots. Had she made the right decision?

Hope you are enjoying this book so far guys! There is only 11 chapters left and an epilogue!

xoxo 

Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 284 66
In a world where mythical, supernatural species soundlessly spy on humans and hunt them down, lives a young woman who's oblivious to the consistent d...
2.3M 84.9K 48
"What are you doing here?" I gulped at the hoarse voice. Instead of replying, I stared at Maria's corpse lying on the floor. "You smell so sweet." I...
27.3K 1.6K 42
Twenty-year-old Claire must deceive a vampire prince to infiltrate the monarchy and discover their secrets while resisting her desire for him. --- No...
57.7K 4.5K 26
Book 1 - The Royal Blood Collection The world is filled with infighting and desperation; uncertainty is rife. Humanity hides of a night, fearing the...