Special Treatment [Aomine Dai...

By DienQuin

[Aomine Daiki x Reader] A drabble collection featuring Aomine Daiki and You (reader) in different scenarios. ... More

Rainy Day
Smile
Gorgeous
Coffee
Plunge

Maps

9.3K 247 71
By DienQuin

Before the one-shot description, I just want you guys to know that I entered this story in a compitition. It would be a voting-based compition and I was hoping you could give this story a chance and vote for it at the @KnB_WattyAwards under the Aomine Daiki category. It's fine if you don't want to do it, but if you do, then THANK YOU :)))

So this was inspired by the song Maps by Maroon 5. If you're familiar with the song, then I guess you already know how things will go. If not, then I suggest you read this first before searching the music video (to avoid spoilers) :)) I tried, okay? This genre isn't my forte so please understand. 

Warnings: I think I made Aomine a bit OOC and also, character death :)

3rd Person's POV

~.~.~.

Maps

8 months....

Spending the night by at the rooftop once again, Aomine finished another shot of liquor and carelessly placing the glass down with a slight clang. Empty bottles were rolled and scattered at the floor as he pour another glass for himself. He continued to drink, doing the exact same thing for the past 8 months... 

Yet it still haunts him...

~~~

A hand snaked its way around your waist while you were busy preparing something in the kitchen. "Hey there, gorgeous~" Aomine sweetly whispered to your ear. "I'm thinking of something amazing to do right now," he seduced; leaving butterfly kisses behind your ear and by your shoulders.

You shivered a little because of what he's doing, "Stop it, Aomine," you told playfully, placing your hand over his and gently removing them. "Why?" he questioned, a hint of disappointment can be heard underneath it. You can't help but let out a grin at his expression, eyebrows slightly knitted along with a small frown. "Because I'm busy making snacks," you reasoned out with a smile.

"So that's more important than me, huh?" he pretended to sound offended, releasing his hug and folding his arms over his chest instead. "Oh come on," you chuckled, turning around so you can face him. Grabbing the chance, Aomine placed both of his hand by the kitchen counter, locking you in between, “Thinking twice about my offer now?" he smirked.

"Pervert," you remarked, rolling your eyes. "You've been neglecting me, you know?" he lowered down before staring at you, trying his best to look as innocent as he can. "Am not," you defended.

"You were," he shook his head, "Be happy that I still love you," he wrapped his arms behind your waist. Leaning in, "I love you too," you kissed him on the lips, pulling back shortly afterwards with a chuckle. Biting his lips, he grinned widely. "I really don't know what to do without you," he crashed his lips together with yours, pulling you closer at the same time to deepen the kiss.

"You don't need to worry, I'm not going anywhere," you whispered in between the kiss. "That's a promise then," Aomine announced. A smile graced on your lips as you felt him smile in between your kisses.

 ~~~

Memories of you together with him seemed to flash before him. Torturing him to the point of breaking. Turning the bottle of liquor upside-down, he noticed that it was already empty. Grumpily, he grabbed another bottle from the side.  

Looking at the night scenery right in front of him as he turned the cap, he maintained a deadpan look. His eyes lifelessly reflected the city lights as he continued to drink his heart out.

 ~~~

Dressed in an open white dress shirt over a dark blue shirt, Aomine gently held your hand as you both entered the door that lead to a wild party that was hosted by a close friend of the both of you. The house was crowded, the sound of the basses echoed as drinks were being passed around, people dancing along the hallways and some almost making out.

Already taking a few shots along the way, Aomine never let go of your hand as you two continued to roam the house, looking around for anyone you might know. Once you finally found some group of girls.

"You sure you'll be fine?" Aomine asked. "Of course," you replied with a nod. Before leaving, he pulled you by the waist, giving you a short kiss then released your hand to let you have some fun as he was also pulled by a friend to another room.

Aomine was offered with a drink by a female that seemed familiar to him. He didn't think about it much and he gladly took the glass, gulping the liquor to the last drop while the female refilled it for him. He continued to drink, laughing along with his friends and with the female.

When he started feeling a bit lightheaded even with his high tolerance to alcohol, he was suddenly dragged by the female at the corner. She placed her hands over his shoulder, trying to seduce him and pull him for a kiss. "Don't," Aomine denied with a laugh, but it wasn't enough to stop the female from kissing him. Not in his right mind anymore, he wrapped his hands around the female, kissing her back.

It took him a second to pull back as he returned to his senses, but it was too late. He felt a familiar gaze thrown to him, making him look around, only to see you in shock. "No..." Quickly, he pushed away the female over him. "I trusted you," pained words slipped out of your lips as emotions mix inside you. "This is not what you think," he tried to convince, nearing you at the same time.

"Let me explain this to you, babe," Aomine held his hand out but you avoided his touch. "Damn you," you hissed as you walk pass him. "Please," you ignored his plead, pushing him away and walking out.

~~~

Gulping another glass full, Aomine shook his head. Letting a heavy sigh out, he can't forgive himself. He blamed himself for what happened. If only he wasn't so stupid back then, if only he thought twice about his actions. If only he didn't leave her. If only he was able to stop her. 

"ARGH!" Aomine threw his glass of liquor, letting it crash which made the sharp pieces shatter everywhere. "Why... WHY?!" he exclaimed. For the past 8 months, he kept asking himself the same question. 

 If only he ran after her, things might have changed. But he didn't...

~~~

You ran out of the house after what you'd seen. He was kissing another girl. Fear, shock, angry, disappointment and pain mixed with one another, making your chest feel heavy. Aomine was kissing another girl. 

Tears suddenly fell from your eyes as the scene replayed in your mind. You took deep breaths, still feeling dizzy because of the few drinks you took. You quickly wiped the tears falling yet it continued to cascade down your cheeks. Your shaking hands clenched as you walked, heading towards nowhere.

It was until a homeless man you passed by the sidewalk neared you, calling you out. You tried to ignore him but he started following you, "Stop it!" you shouted, walking faster yet he didn't stop and gripped your hand, "Don't touch me!" you yelled but he didn't heed. You were at your point and started pulling your hand out of his grip with force and pushed him away. "LET GO!" with too much force, you both end up stumbling on opposite direction.

Then everything happened so fast. You faintly heard a car's horn before noticing a flashing light that blinded you. There was a crash; you felt your body in pain. Too much pain that everything felt numb.

Then everything turned black.

 ~~~

Aomine's hand started shaking violently, dropping his phone in return after receiving a call from the hospital. Adrenaline seemed to run through his veins as he hastily stumbled his way out of the party and entered his car. Not sinking in anything anymore, he stepped hard on the accelerator pedal. He didn't care even when he was over speeding or even when his driving while his drunk, nothing matter anymore other than reaching the hospital as fast as possible.

 "Where's the emergency room?!" he demanded as he reached the nurse station, trying to catch his breath at the same time after running as fast as he can. "Tell me where's the fucking emergency room!"  he raised his voice in panic. "Hold on, sir!" the nurses tried to calm him down.

"SHIT!" He was running out time, instead of waiting for an answer, he decided to run along the hallways of the hospital. Bumping into a couple of nurses and doctors, he looked for the emergency room by himself. His breath lacking from running nonstop, Aomine silently prayed that he make it in time.

Reaching the end of the halls, he entered the room without permission, only to be greeted by a sight he never wished to see. He almost stumbled back, his legs shaking. "You're not allowed to enter here, sir," a paramedic warned, guiding him out as his sight still focus on the hospital bed. 

His mind was in chaos as he shook his head, blinking a couple of times. Was it because he was drunk? Was his mind playing pranks on him? No. It can't be real. This can be real.

There on the hospital bed was his lover, covered in blood and bruises. An oxygen mask was placed by a nurse over her face as doctor checked her vital signs. "What happened?" Aomine questioned as he pulled away. "What happened to her?!" 

"Her blood pressure is dropping!" another nurse told. "Sir, you need to wait outside!" a male nurse helped the paramedic hold Aomine down. "No, let go! I need to know what happened to her!" Aomine remained fighting away.

A beeping sound emitted from the monitor at the side. "Flat line!" the nurse informed the doctor, making Aomine push himself harder out of the people's grip. Things seemed to be in slow motion. 

The doctor gave pumps on the person on the bed, trying to revive her. "Clear!" the doctor told as she shock the patient, but the flat line on the monitor remained the same. The doctor shook before taking note of her watch, "Time of death...”

Energy seemed to flow out of Aomine as he faintly heard the doctor's announcement. The hands that hold him down let go gradually. His mind when blank as his insides screamed. Aomine fell forward, down on his knees as his tears flowed down his cheeks. In a blink of an eye, he lost his everything.

~~~

Sitting at the boundary, Aomine deliberately opened his eyes after the flashbacks. He plastered a pained smile as the cold wind roughly touched his face and swung his legs that were over the edge.

"You promised me, didn't you?" he whispered. The feelings returned to him, the exact same pain he had gone through after seeing the lifeless body of his lover. "I hate it. I hate it!" a sob escaped his lips. 

"I'm so used of you being here with me always, to the point that I don't even know how to live without you," he told with a heavy sigh. "So why did you leave me all alone?" he gently asked as tears fell. 

Silence accompanied him that night as he made up his mind. He needed to make a decision, his life, his future depended on this. Slowly, Aomine stood up, stumbling a little over the edge. Turning his back at the city lights, he let out a sigh. He wanted this, he has decided, so he would gladly take the fault. 

"I'm really no good without you" 

With a gentle smile, he took the final fall of his life.

~~~

End 

A/N: So I don't really know if it made sense. I'm writing this on 1 am in the morning so please do tell me if it doesn't make sense so I can edit it. :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 8.1K 35
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
185K 6.8K 45
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024
890K 35.1K 45
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
966K 40.6K 82
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC