peculiarity β€’ t.k. βœ“

By fvckjuan

jungkook explains the peculilar yet admirable traits of kim taehyung. DD/MM/YY 🐯 began~ 26/5/19 🐯 🐯 ended~... More

βˆ‚iscβ„“Ξ±iΠΌΡ”r
σηє: ρυρ
тωσ: Ρ”Ξ·cΠ½Ξ±Ξ·Ρ‚
тняєє: αмσυя

єρıłσυgΡ”: ρєcΟ…β„“Ξ±riΟ„y

982 66 103
By fvckjuan

A/N: hold onto your lawsuits cuz y'all finna sue my broke ass HAHA (。•́︿•̀。) also this is the longest epilogue i've ever written in my LYFE

kim taehyung's behavior and personality is known for being strange and peculiar. that's why no one, not even taehyung himself, knew he was touched by death.

he eventually became too tired to run to me and spin me in his arms. he became too tired to whine to his parents about leaving for work. he even became too tired to tackle yoongi to the ground to smother him.

his eyes slowly began to lose their sparkle and he rarely moved around.

"i'm just resting from staying up all night is all." he'd say.

"my breathing is fine. you just took my breath away." he's tell me.

"i'm clutching my chest 'cause i'm shocked by your beauty." he'd explain. all with his rectangular smile on his face.

it wasn't until he had a heart murmur when we finally realized what was happening. his parents were torn and his precious yoongi hyung suffered in silence as i...i clung to taehyung. i held onto him so tightly through everything because i believed that holding onto him will prevent him from leaving.

my parents wanted to separate us so that i wouldn't be there when eventually he'd leave, but i didn't want that. i still don't.

i can't imagine spending a day without taehyung rubbing our noses and cheeks together as he would say ever so softly, "my baby kookie." Or holding me close to him wherever we go.

i can't imagine spending a day without him showing me a picture he took of the sunrise and of me scolding him for waking up before the sun did just to take a picture then he'd tell me it was worth it to take the picture for me.

i can't imagine spending the day without seeing his enchanting, sparkling mismatched eyes that complete the his being.

i can't imagine spending a day without him telling me he loves me and showing how much he loves me.

if i can't spend a day without him, how can i spend the rest of my life without him by my side?

"jungkook," his voice called for me one day when i was visiting. i moved my hands from my face for my broken eyes to meet his. his sun kissed skin was a sickening pale color and his chest was rapidly rising and falling. he looked so fragile. my poor fragile puppy.

taehyung reached out and held my hand in his cold one then smiled at me. "my pretty kookie..." he said softly, causing my heart to break. "can you lay on the bed with me, kookie?"

my eyes instantly filled with tears as i nodded my head then carefully moved onto the hospital bed beside taehyung, after he slid to the side, and instantly felt at home when he moved his arms around me. we laid in silence as my mind raced in fear. fear of losing the very person i call home and feel at peace with. fear of losing my soulmate.

"jungkook, i want you to promise me something." taehyung whispered into my ear with a gentle voice. i nodded. anything taehyung wanted, i'd do for him. he deserved anything and everything in the world. "promise me to never forget me. to keep me alive in your heart..."

i turned over to face him as tears fell from my eyes and i begged, "no, no, no. please don't say that. please don't make me promise that." my hands clutched onto the front of his hospital gown and i shook my head. "pl-please don't t-talk like you're leaving me."

taehyung sighed and a single tear delicately fell from his hazel eye onto the pillow beneath his head. he said, "i have to. kookie, i'll be with jimin again, b-but i don't want to leave you all too. i want to be with you forever and ease everyone's pain. i was so scared of you leaving me and here i am leaving you."

my throat began to burn from the cries i was biting back and i leaned my head against taehyung's chest as i held onto him tightly. "i need you, taehyungie." my voice laced with desperation. i was desperate for his heart to fix itself to keep him living and i'm desperate for some miracle to happen to save him. i was so scared of losing him.

"jungkook, pl-please." his voice cracked as he wrapped his arms tighter around me and i felt myself break despite how much he was trying to hold me together. "i-i promised myself to always carry jimin in my heart and mind when he died and to comfort everyone that lost him too. please keep making my parents smile and make...make yoongi hyung happy too. i want my hyung to be happy and to not blame himself for living on. please make him happy to live."

taehyung kissed my head, his lips lingering for a few seconds longer, and told me one last thing. "above all, make yourself happy. you deserve to be cared and loved for and i'm so happy to be the one to have loved and cared for you for so long. i found my purpose in loving you. now your purpose is to love yourself and spread that love to others. i'm counting on you, kookie."

i sobbed into his chest and eventually he too began to sob as we held onto each other so tightly in fear of the other drifting away. i fell asleep in his arms and woke up to the sound of a prolonged beeping sound then noticed how limp his arms were around me.

my eyes found the heart monitor and i screamed before bursting into tears. nurses and doctors rushed in to pull me away from taehyung as they checked him, only to confirm my worst fear.

the nurses tried calming me and moved me out of the room as i sobbed hysterically. a few nurses called the kims and my parents, but i paid no attention to the people around me.

i felt numb.

i felt alone.

i felt empty.

it was true that taehyung died on that day, but i felt as if i died as well in that hospital bed.

i didn't know what to do when i returned to school by myself and sat in my classes without taehyung beside me. i didn't know how to function properly without him.

i was planning on cutting all ties with the kims until i remembered what taehyung last asked of me. he wanted me to make his family happy just as he did when jimin passed. he was worried about yoongi blaming himself for being the only son left without being touched by death.

i decided to check up on yoongi in his apartment and discovered he made a shrine that had pictures of his younger brothers and parents on it. he had jimin's teddy bear and the journal taehyung decorated for him next to their birth pictures.

"you know," yoongi began as we sat together staring at the shrine with broken eyes. "jimin used to be terrified of dogs and puppies. our cousins had this pit bull puppy that always chased jimin around and would scare the shit outta him. but he wouldn't be afraid anymore whenever taehyung would scare the dog away by barking back at her. taehyung was the only 'puppy' he wasn't afraid of."

a smile spread on my face as i imagined a tiny jimin running from a puppy his size and taehyung jumping to the rescue to bark adorably at the puppy with his eyebrows furrowed in an attempt to be intimidating.

yoongi sighed. "i think jimin and taehyung would've been exactly the same as each other. both acted like puppies and had so much love to give. they also did pretty questionable stuff, but that's what made them who they are. whether they're together or not, they're still going to act like themselves no matter what." he told me before looking at me with his feline eyes. "i'm trying to tell you not to let taehyung's death destroy you. keep living and doing what you're doing. keep being your weird bunny self 'cause it's what he'd want. embrace who you are." i felt a weight slowly being lifted off my chest at his words.

"is that how you cope?" i questioned.

the older nodded. "with jimin's death i didn't know how to react since i was only five at the time, but i saw how badly my parents were affected. i let his death affect me until i thought about all the times he tried to make me happy and i didn't want his effort to go to waste. with taehyung's death, i just remind myself how much taehyung wanted me to be happy and that's exactly what i'm trying to do." he sighed as he looked lovingly at the birth pictures of his brothers. "i'll always remember them for as long as i live and more. they really left a mark on my life that i'll never forget."

i smiled at yoongi's words and stared at taehyung's recent picture before the disease took control. taehyung told me himself he wanted us to continue to be happy and to always hold him in our hearts. i shouldn't remember him as he was in his final moments, but as my sparkly eyed and lovable puppy.

the love of my life.

my soulmate.

"i promised you that i'd never leave you, so now i'll promise you that i'll never forget you and all of your peculiarities." then i leaned forward to seal the promise with a kiss on his forehead.

∴━━━✿━━━∴

so that's the ending of pecularity and it's time for me to hide and cry cuz i kept tearing up and crying as i wrote this.

normally i explain the inspiration and reasoning behind a story towards or at the end of it so lemme explain~

the deaths of jimin and taehyung are lowkey a parallel to my older brother and mom. my older brother was born in the same year as vmin and died the same age as jimin did in my story and the disease vmin had is similar to the one my mom had.

this book was meant to be the fluffy side of things with some angst but recently ive been missing them more and more so i suddenly thought of making everything crash and burn just like how life does.

the story about describing taehyung's behavior is kinda like how my dad would desrcibe my older brother to me and my other brother. talking about his traits and things he'd say to make everyone laugh.

the puppy chapter is literally inspired by this shiba family im subscribed to on youtube and how adorable their potato puppies are lol

i was worried about not being able to properly finish a story since ever since i finished break i haven't had a good record of publishing and finishing books before unpublishing them knowing i lost inspiration for them. but being able to finish this story means a lot to me.

i hope you all enjoyed reading this fluff turned angst story and hopefully you wont sue me hahaha (pls i only have a quarter). but, seriously, thank you all for your love and support 💜 kirby loves u~

bye bye ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 45.3K 91
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
504K 31.3K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
291K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
2.1M 112K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...