The First Queen *Sample Only*

By wonderstruckagain

A nameless slave has endured her fair share of suffering over her nineteen years. Her whole life has revolved... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Thank You
Read On!
Exciting News!
Free Goodies
Get A Free Mini Book
Last day to get the free book!
Tomorrow!
Ready, set, launch!
We're live!
Giveaway Announcement!

Chapter 20

8.1K 343 22
By wonderstruckagain

I avoided the king for the next few days. I didn't know why. We had shared a rather lovely moment, even if it was awkward and I was drunk. It had been the most honest conversation we had had since I arrived and I think we really moved passed some of our barriers. I was beginning to understand his guarded approach to love and he was seeing my physical and emotional scars bit by bit. Yet I felt like I couldn't face him. I wasn't sure if it was because he had refused my advances at the end of the night or if it was because I was embarrassed by my actions through the entire evening. Maybe he thought of me more as a child then a wife now because I obviously couldn't handle myself around a little alcohol. Regardless, I stayed in my room as long as I could.

To occupy myself I asked my maids to find me a tutor in the palace and they answered my demands with a stern old man who smelt like books and tea. The first time I saw him in that grand library I fell in love with him. He was grumpy most of the time and didn't seem to think any mistake in the world was excusable. He was harsh and quick to correct. However, he was a very good teacher and he didn't step lightly around me, putting my royal status above all else. Within two sessions with him I was slowly learning how to read which, in time, would allow me to sneak books from the library and educate myself on topics that no one dared to speak about. I was tired of being in the dark, I wanted to know what my husband was hiding from me and what my maids were really gossiping about. I was going to be a real queen one day, or at least I hoped I would be, I wanted to rule kindly and fairly.

In addition to this I could hardly ever bring myself to stay away from the library after I discovered it. Back on the farm I thought I had been so lucky to have stolen my two books. But this, this was otherworldly. I suppose in comparison to the rest of the palace it was rather bland. The wooden shelving was high quality with fine craftsmanship that created wonderful details in the wood. Everything had clean, straight lines with subtle designs. But the books. My goodness there were books everywhere. All neatly placed of course, each one with a specific spot, but there must've been thousands. Sometimes I would just sit and stare, not reading, just overwhelmed by the knowledge that was surrounding me.

Five days in it seemed the king had seen enough of my antics and James informed me that if I did not attend supper I would be in trouble. Sweet James looked awfully anxious when he told me, his eyes concerned and my maids all held their breath at the demand. They all knew how head strong I could be and not a single one of them knew how that drunken night had ended. There was a softness to King Archer that they might never see. Still, I told James to let the king know that I was not interested in dining with him tonight and I felt as if I were playing a delicious game with the king's patience. James hesitated, waiting for me to change my mind, but bowed his head eventually and went to deliver my message.

"Queen Willow, perhaps you should rethink your choices." Isabelle suggested. Her voice shook with each word and she was unable to meet my eyes.

I gave out a little sigh, considering her words for a moment as I played with my blonde hair. I didn't like being the cause of anyone's stress. And maybe my denial would not end the way I intended it to.

"It's too late now, James will reach the king soon enough. I will be alright though. You don't have to worry about me. Take the rest of the night off." I suggested, then moved my eyes over Jasmine and Lydia, "All three of you should go home early tonight and have supper with your families. I can handle myself, I promise."

No one seemed to believe me, which was fair because I didn't really believe myself. But they all bowed their heads kindly and left me alone in my room within a couple minutes. At least now if it went sideways I would be the only one affected by my defiance.

I could do nothing but wait patiently for my husband to arrive and I was absolutely buzzing with anticipation. The only thing that filled my head was the sound his hand had made when it connected with my bottom and the jolt of pain and pleasure that rushed through me. Then I recalled the way his fingers had ventured towards my wetness. I stood in front of one of the large windows, watching the day wind down with my chest heaving and my mind spinning.

"I thought we talked about your disobedience." King Archer said as he entered.

His voice was calm and that scared me more than if he had yelled at me, but I remained still, looking at the sunset. It painted the sky beautiful shades of pink and purple and I wished I could be in the garden, watching the sun slowly descend as the air got colder. I had always loved that time of day, even as a slave.

"We have discussed it." I agreed.

I knew the pain that would be coming. But I also knew that part of me had loved what he had done the last time. And I knew that he enjoyed it to some degree as well. He had a just as hard of a time controlling himself as I had controlling myself. And that was why I refused dinner, to see if he had more control now then he had had before. I wanted to know if he wanted me just as much as I wanted him and if my drunken escapade had really broken down some of his resistance.

The king didn't bother replying to me. He just unlaced my corset and let if fall down my body in a heap. I didn't try to save my modesty in the thin dressing gown, I just turned around to face him, letting him see my figure underneath the sheer material and his gaze travelled from my face, down my neck, over my erect nipples, all the way to my legs. His expression didn't change but I saw his breathing rate increase and that satisfied me.

"Why didn't you come and have dinner with me?" he asked, but his attention was not back on my face yet.

"Does it matter?" I challenged.

"If you have a reason I feel is valid I will not punish you. Now what is it? Are you feeling unwell?"

"No, I feel fine."

"Then what?"

"I simply didn't want to have dinner with you." I replied hotly, testing him.

The king assessed me once more, but I saw a look of determination cross his face and that worried me. I wanted him to be mad, just enough that he would feel like he had to express his dominance over me. And I wanted to see untamable lust, the same lust I felt in my heart, it was the one emotion we shared when dealing with each other. I wasn't expecting resolve.

"Clearly my previous tactics didn't have the intended effect on you." He murmured. "I think I'm going to have to try something different tonight."

"No." I whispered, becoming worried. This was not what I had planned.

"No? You didn't seem too concerned before, why are you worried now?" he taunted. "Did you want me to punish you just as I had before?"

I stayed silent and clenched my hands to conceal the small tremors that affected my hands and arms. I had done this, I had purposely defied the king and tried to rile him up. I had to face my punishment like a brave queen. Even if I wanted to drop to my knees and beg for forgiveness, or at least for the previous punishment instead of the one he was conjuring up now.

"Take off your slip." The king ordered sternly, taking a step back.

I hesitated, watching his face to gauge his seriousness.

"Don't make this worse on yourself, Willow. Do as you're told."

I peeled off my slip with a level of obedience that seemed to please King Archer. My body was completely naked in the dying light and it was the first time the king would be able to see me. All of me. The previous time I had been naked with him I had been in complete darkness and the first time he had punished me my slip had covered a fair portion of my body. This was new. I could feel my chest heaving with every breath and King Archer's eyes watched my breasts move with my chest as I shivered.

"Lay down on the bed on your back." He commanded.

I couldn't read him, I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling and I had no idea what was coming next, but I didn't dare defy him again.

I slowly walked over to the bed, knowing he was now watching my backside as I stepped. I was still nervous, still worried about what was to come, but I could feel the wetness growing in between my legs as I climbed onto my bed, lying flat on my back. The king followed me and stood beside my bed.

"I want your arms above your head."

I did as he said.

"You are not to move unless I tell you to, do you understand?" he asked.

I just nodded in response.

Then the king moved onto the bed, kneeling in between my spread legs. I didn't know if I was going to die from excitement or embarrassment, but with the speed my heart was beating I was certain I wouldn't live much longer.

A hand was placed on my jaw; I sucked in a hard breath as I shivered, but the king just pushed my head in the opposite direction, exposing my neck to him. I panicked immediately and began squirming, my mind filled with the potential pain I would receive. I couldn't go through that again, I couldn't.

"Stay still, Willow." The king murmured.

I slowly stopped moving. And I was rewarded with his lips being placed against my neck in a wet kiss. My mouth opened and a soft noise of pleasure wafted out. The sounds kept coming as he made a trail down my neck, to my collar bone and towards my heart. My chest was heaving hard with every breath and my hands were gripping my own hair to prevent myself from squirming too much.

He continued his way down my chest. He paused, his face directly between my small breasts and I held my breath for a split second. Both of my nipples had hardened unbelievably and all I wanted to feel was his mouth on one of them. I just wanted him to touch them and play with them until I couldn't stand it. But King Archer resumed his journey down my body kissing and licking his way down to and past my belly button. I let out a groan of frustration, but my straining buds were quickly forgotten as he ventured lower. The wetness between my legs was undeniable now. King Archer could sense it too. When he got lower, his lips brushing over my navel he peered up at me and a pleased smile was on his lips.

Cool hands were placed on my thighs, easing my legs further apart. I couldn't control my panting at this point. Had I been any more aware of myself I would've been embarrassed, but I couldn't force myself to care in that moment. All I was concerned with was what my husband was going to do next. I wanted him to do what he had done the last time I had been in a similar position. I had been in ecstasy when his mouth had explored my most intimate regions. I had never felt like that before and I hadn't felt like that since. I wanted him to do it over and over again, until I couldn't take it.

But his mouth was on my right thigh, sucking on the skin until I let out a repressed moan.

I let out an unsatisfied cry, my hands releasing my hair and diving into his. I tried to pull him towards my core, pulling on his soft hair as I whimpered. All I received was a pinch on my inner thigh as the king bit down.

"Hands above your head, Willow." The king warned, his breath fanning over the sensitive skin.

"Please." I begged, pulling his hair harder.

"Hands above your head." He repeated.

I didn't let go, testing him. But he was far better at this game than I was. Just his breath was enough to drive me wild. I had no choice so I let go of his hair and reached above my head once more, frustrated and needing more.

"Good." The king whispered, moving to the opposing thigh.

He took his time, his mouth starting near my knee and moving up to more sensitive areas. Several times I had to stop myself from grabbing his hair again. I felt like I couldn't handle it, like the pressure building in my body would be too much for me to take. But, somehow, I forced myself to keep my hands away from him. The last thing I wanted was for him to stop, or even pause.

Damn the king, though. When his tongue had finished tracing a line along the skin that connected my hip to my core he lifted his head up, a defiant smirk on his face. I let out a frustrated noise that sounded like a strangled scream. It took all my will power to keep my hands off of him in that moment.

"Tell me what you want, Willow." He whispered into the darkness. His voice was low and enticing.

I knew what I wanted. I knew exactly what I wanted to feel and how I wanted him to release the pleasurable pressure that was building within me. But the words refused to come out of my mouth. It seemed so filthy. So unrefined. I couldn't force myself to say them.

"Tell me." he repeated, moving his mouth lower so I could feel every breath on my exposed folds.

I just moaned in response, gripping the pillows tightly.

"You don't want to say it out loud, do you?" King Archer taunted.

I shook my head, agreeing with his words. I couldn't make myself say it, no matter how bad I wanted.

The king didn't have a hard time at all, on the other hand.

"You're so wet." He groaned, "It's a shame to waste it."

My heart jumped in my chest and I waited expectantly for a finger to enter me or his soft tongue to press against me. But nothing happened for several seconds. I opened my eyes when I felt the king moving, shifting away from me. The room was considerably darker now, but when I strained my eyes I could make out his victorious smile.

"A little bit of pain didn't seem to resonate with you. So maybe pleasure will. Sleep well, Queen Willow." He whispered into the darkness as he pulled my blankets over me.

****Next chapter will be coming at thirteen votes :) *****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864 97 20
How would you feel if you were living a normal life with your parents as a normal girl... Well, fairly normal until strange circumstances forces you...
36 2 41
Anita's raised as the royal heir to the War's throne. She's struggling to deal with life as the high princess. Her family has been hunted down and ki...
68 4 9
"When a mysterious girl ventures into the past through a time-traveling escapade, she unexpectedly crosses paths with a strict and cold-hearted ruler...
4.2M 153K 59
~NOT EDITED~ ~RE-WRITTEN VERSION AS FROM 09 JANUARY 2023~ A princess. The first thing that come to your mind when you think of a princess is someon...