To Be a Hero (Boku no Hero Ac...

By Carnameo

|BNHA x reader| Slight Pokemon x BNHA crossover| In a world filled with super-powered people, where the pheno... More

Disclaimer and Warning
❦ Zero
❦ One
❦ Two
❦ Three
❦ Four
❦ Five
❦ Six
❦ Seven
Halloween Special
❦ Eight
❦ Nine
❦ Ten
❦ Eleven
❦ Twelve
❦ Thirteen
Christmas Special (1)
Christmas Special (2)
❦ Fourteen
❦ Fifteen
❦ Sixteen
❦ Seventeen
❦ Eighteen
[QnA]
❦ Nineteen
❦ Twenty
❦ Twenty One
❦ Twenty Two
❦ Twenty Four
❦ Twenty Five
❦ Twenty six
❦ Twenty Seven
❦ Twenty Eight
❦ Twenty Nine
❦ Thirty
❦ Thirty One
❦ Thirty Two
❦ Thirty Three
❦ Thirty Four
❦ Thirty Five
❦ Thirty Six
❦ Thirty Seven
❦ Thirty Eight
❦ Thirty Nine
❦ Forty
❦ Forty One
❦ Forty Two
❦ Forty Three
❦ Forty Four

❦ Twenty Three

13.1K 447 509
By Carnameo

"A Promotion strategy?"

You worded it out in confusion, eyes darting back in forth from the papers handed to you, to the two pro-heroes sat on the comfy coach provided. You sat in a small chair, separated by a glass table.

Eraserhead sat with his arms crossed, more like forced by the warps, sitting straight with his face completely wrapped up. You assumed he had his routine-look underneath it all, the face of a tired man. All Might, however, who had told you to stay back in the break room as Midoriya was dismissed, was grinning without a hint of worry.

As the two heroes stayed silent, your eyes traced back at the papers, squinting perplexedly, before a frown appeared, your eyes darting up to meet the two heroes blankly.

"I...don't get it."

All Might seem self-assured, as he took the chance to step up himself, in a chipper tone, "Don't worry young (last), that's why we're here to explain." He was still boisterous, as he gently put his hands on his knee, relaxed. Aizawa's eyes briefly glanced to you and then All Might in a huff.

"I'm surprise you know about All Might's other form." Aizawa-sensei gruffly stated, his head turned to you as you nodded your head to his question-statement.

"Found out by accident." You shrugged with a twinge of a smile. Aizawa grunted in reply, or acknowledgment before All Might cut in.

"Now then, after the news of the Pokémon went public yesterday, you have heard of the citizen's response yes?" All Might questioned, more like retold. He was pretty sure you were acquainted with what took place yesterday, as he sweated at the sudden change in your expression.

Well of course. Not like you weren't feeling a bit salty about that just yesterday. Twisting your lips, you sprouted out with a less enthusiast voice, "Of course, it wasn't hard too, the reactions weren't exactly...positive." You tried to search for the less bitter word there was, as All Might nod his head understandingly.

"Yes, well let's just say the publicity isn't working quite well for the creatures." The number one hero started, he gazed at you seriously, "Everyone's wary and unsure how to accept this new situation."

"Some feel threatened by this piece of information." Aizawa-sensei stated swiftly after, his voice muffled by the bandages, "We live in a society where quirks shouldn't be used outside without permission. Now that creatures that have similar powers like quirks appeared, it tears down that very foundation."

You remembered vaguely some of the passing people discussing their fears upon coming across one. If they were to come across a Pokémon that would suddenly attack and they weren't able to counter back with their own quirks, due to rules or the fact they aren't sure how to use their quirks, it would be a huge problem.

"There's also the fact the Pokémon can't just naturally adapt to us completely. I'm sure they would attack if they feel threatened." You denoted, feeling like you had to add your own input. "After all, they are living creatures."

All Might nodded, "That's the main worry in everyone minds."

"But," You interjected, pursing your lips at a sudden thought, "Even with that so, I don't think it is a huge problem. Sure they might attack, but they don't have any malice in their doing." You stared down at the paper, "It's just like if you get too close to a bear, they'll attack you most likely cause they're trying to protect themselves."

"That's true. But it still doesn't make everyone at ease." Aizawa remarked, "Besides, the citizens aren't too sure what to expect of creatures they aren't familiar with."

'...I guess that's true.' You scratched your neck, feeling a bit lost on how to respond. Even though your words ring true, it isn't something that the citizens could adapt to as well. With Aizawa's words, the much brighter hero grinned without a second thought, entered the conversation.

"That's how the promotional strategy comes in." He proclaimed, he pointed his pointer finger at you, explaining with a rather patient smile, "Since the publicity wasn't doing any good, they decided that this would be the best course of action." The hero was still in his large suit, that sagged just the slightest, as you pondered, rereading the words carefully.

"...an advertisement?" You slowly worked out, as the hero looked ecstatic at your answer.

"Yes!" You paused, before your eyes lit up in realization, as you sat down the paper with the feeling of ease.

"Ohh, now I get it." You nodded your head along as you finally understood. "This is a plan to showcase the Pokémon, at least a way to show a different side to the Pokémon than the media has been doing, And what better way than,"

"The U.A Sports Festival." You said simultaneously with the blond hero, as Aizawa sighed a long, appearing even more exhausted than he already was. Aizawa tilted his head a bit, just to be able to look you in his narrowed tired eyes.

"So, you get it now. That means you need to reach a higher stage, so no dallying." The rugged man said grimly, sitting stiffly up. "As this is the rest of your classmate's chance, this also is yours to show what the runts are all about."

You carefully listened to your teacher's words, but couldn't help but feel the slightest bit dubious. Your brows furrowed, a small giveaway to your doubts, before you questioned without hesitation.

"But isn't it too soon?" You tilted your head to the side, a worried frown crossing your features, "I know the public announcement had made the Pokémon's the talk of the country-maybe the world, yet it doesn't change the fact that everyone's lives aren't that impacted by this."

The fact everyone's going to school normally, going to work just like their chores, as usual, was proof enough that the Pokémon hasn't made that big of a picture in this world. Sure they were now known, but that doesn't mean the creatures had made an impact for everyone to react differently. You could say it seemed like any ordinary day even. Perhaps it's better to wait it out in hopes for everyone to calm down?

"It's better to act quickly when it comes to this." All Might responded, his dark hollow eyes prominent, as the seriousness evident made you turn to him, "While we wait, we give them the time to decide what kind of opinion they will have on the Pokémon for good, it's best to strike here, while we can change their minds."

All Might made a point about that, thinking about his words objectively. This is the way it can ensure a better relationship with the Pokémon. There's no way you'll decline to that. You weren't completely sure how this we'll play out, but you'll have faith in your teachers. The faith of the people. And faith in the Pokémon, who decided to come out.

"O-Okay then." You settled, looking at the heroes, still with the smallest hesitation, before nodding seriously, "I guess if that's what needs to be done, then I'll do it."

All Might smiled proudly at your decision, as even Aizawa seemed to be struck silent for a moment, before the blond hero clapped his hands a single time with a noise of approval, "Good! Now then, it's time to decide on which Pokémon you'll be bringing out."

You hummed, after agreeing so seriously, a wave of excitement came through at the thought. This would be the first time where you have to battle in front of others. "Well, I guess I could take out each type of Pokémon. A normal Pokémon would definitely be a good first example ah-But maybe the elemental ones would be better!" You muttered a bit, your eyes glancing up in thought, excitedly talking as All Might stared turned a bit blank.

"But maybe a Fairy type wouldn't be so bad, Ghost and Dark Pokémon might need to appear, just to show what they're like, but then again they might scare off everyone instead..." You muttered, listing off a few Pokémon right of the bat, as All Might's grin was slowly dissipating to an awkward one. Somehow you were reminding him of a certain disciple of his.

"Um, how many Pokémon's are you planning to bring?" All Might ask warily.

You didn't answer right away, battling with your brain for which Pokémon you should decide to bring out. You answered briefly, "...Yes." You turned towards the pair of heroes with a giddy look, "Probably as much as possible right?"

Before All Might could counter to that, Aizawa bluntly said, "Six."

You blinked to his direction, not able to hide your puzzlement, "Huh?"

"The maximum is six," Aizawa stated with the blandest tone he could make as you stared at him in with mixed-looks.

"Six?" You questioned with the smallest disappointment, frowning a bit.

"To make it fair with the other students." Eraserhead reasoned, he wasn't bothered at all with your disappointment as you pouted, "Think about it, the others can't use six different quirks."

Your eyes averted, "Well, that's because no one has six quirks," Aizawa's eyes narrowed at your attempt to win this argument. You were quick to raise your white flag with a pout, reluctantly nodding to his rules, as the hero's glare disappeared. Guess you were getting a little too excited.

"So that's it then." You were handed a list regarding the amount of Pokémon being able to enter, "I just need to fill this with the Pokémon's I want to enter right?"

"The quickest if possible, you should enter it like a support item, so be sure to visit Power loader, who's most likely in the development studio." All Might replied as you were about to get up and make your leave. You were quickly stopped again, as the pro-hero interjected, "Wait, there's something else."

You sat back down, as All Might turned to the nonchalant hero, Eraserhead, your homeroom teacher who was supposed to discuss this with you. "I need you to also write down your hero costume."

Oh yeah, now that you joined the class officially, you need to have a costume. You took the paper gingerly from the teacher, skimming through the paper once more as Eraserhead explained, "You should add in functions for your quirk as well. You can request functions that would prove useful in battle, that goes along with the Pokémon. Make sure you send that to me when you've completed it."

"Okay, sir." You replied nonchalantly.

"And also you'll be joining in the next hero class. So, you'll need to wear your gym clothes, until your hero costume arrives." Aizawa mentioned. "You will be joining just like the rest of your classmate, so be prepared."

"Okay, sir...?" You responded, taking in the information slowly.

All Might also added, "But that doesn't relieve you from your original duties. Principal Nezu said this might as well be the replacement for the entrance exam."

"Umm," You sat blankly at all of the information coming your way. Half-heartedly listening in their suggestion and instructions, as you nodded blinkingly at each new sentence. You smiled almost embarrassingly, "That's a lot of stuff."

"You missed a lot." Aizawa pointed out, as you finally fixed yourself to leave. "The hero costume design should be given at the latest tomorrow. For the sports festival, you have a week to make a decision, the festival begins two weeks from now."

"Alright, sir."

You were about to make your leave before you perked in memory. Your eyes darted towards Aizawa quickly as you ask, surprising All Might by your quick movement. "Ah-Aizawa-sensei! I almost forgot, do you mind if I do some remodeling in the second room?"

You had two keys in the dormitory, and one for an extra room Aizawa-sensei and Principal Nezu had given. One bore your own living space, where you went to sleep, while the second was for the Pokémon.

You could feel Aizawa's narrowed eyes on you, hidden beneath the wraps, as he questioned back, "What for?" He gruffly asked as you chuckled, nervously fiddling with your pointer fingers.

"I was thinking of installing a small aquarium for the water Pokémon." You suggested with a perk, a smile appearing on to your face as All Might listened in amusement. Though Aizawa seemed less amused.

"Denied."

"Wha-Why not?" You questioned with a small frown, as Aizawa continued.

"Because I said so." You huffed at that answer, puffing your cheeks. The teacher then replied with a disinterested tone, "Besides, you're obviously going to make it bigger than necessary." He caught you red-handedly, as he told you, "Get some lunch, class is almost about to start."

You slouched dejectedly, so much for getting an area for the water Pokémon, the outdoor pool not doing so hot anymore. You thanked the teachers, as Aizawa nodded and All Might replied with a nervous grin himself. Bringing the paper with you, you realized there's a lot that needs to be done that you should get started quickly.

You emitted a silent yawn before you left, feeling slightly tired from the trip last night, as Aizawa eyes once again narrowed again. You flinched, his eyes were seriously daggers because you can feel them piercing your skin as you nervously turned to the homeroom teacher. Was it just you, but Aizawa-sensei seemed a bit more on edge lately?

"I-Is there something wrong, Aizawa-sensei?" All Might scooted slightly away from the hero, feeling the aura from the man, as the number one hero sweated. Eraserhead didn't answer, asking you straightforwardly.

"When exactly did you arrive back to the dormitory?" Not cutting any edges, the dark-dressed hero asked, as you felt yourself sweat uneasily.

"O-Oh, does it matter?" You replied back nervously. You visibly panicked, before you emitted another fake yawn. "I'm pretty tired today, didn't get much sleep tonight."

You were not going to explain on how you arrived last night. It was way better to avoid the topic altogether, cause if you accidentally spilled of that strange man from last night, you weren't sure you would ever be able to leave the school grounds. "A-Anyways, I should get going now, thank you Aizawa-sensei, All Might-sensei!"

You left hurriedly, rushing without intending too, irking the hero more. All Might could only awkwardly laugh, "Ah-Students, huh?" All Might attempted to strike up a conversation with the intimidating teacher, as he continued to laugh.

Aizawa didn't even turn his head to the pro, as the number one hero coughed, trying to stop the awkward tension swarming around them.

~o~o~

You nervously chugged down the carton of milk you bought in the vending machine. Lunchtime is almost finished, and there wasn't much time for you to grab at the cafeteria, so you decided to just sit in the benches near the vending machines. It was calming, with the sun shining brightly down at you, easing you down from the earlier conversation.

Aizawa-sensei is a much more perspective man than you thought.

Well to be fair, you kind of expected him to be this perspective. That or you'd assumed you would do a better job at lying after hiding secrets for so long.

Setting down the carton, you focused on the paper you sat on your lap. The paper for the sports festival, and the paper regarding your hero costume.

You surveyed it, nibbling your bottom lips. You need to quickly make a decision it seems, as you muttered to yourself, contemplating. You should probably start on the hero costume, seeing as you have to send it back early. However, you hadn't the slightest idea how you wanted to design the costume, the pencil you got just hovering over the paper, as your eyebrows furrowed.

"Hmm..." Scratching the side of your head, you sighed. This isn't going to be as easy as you thought.

Nonetheless, you tried to sketch a few ideas out, the pencil dancing across the paper. You were so focused on to your task, that you were surprised when a dark entity appeared in front of you out of nowhere, chipperly greeting you.

"Heyo!" You jumped back, almost falling off the bench when you were greeted face to face with Tokoyami's quirk, Dark Shadow, who appeared jittery in happiness, just inches away from your face. You placed a hand to your heart unconsciously as you let out a small yelp.

"A-Ah-Dark Shadow, it's you." You regained your bearings, reaching out a hand instinctively to pet the creature. It seemed to purr at the affection, as you steadied your beating heart. It went closer to you, fond as your hand repeatedly pet his 'beak'.

Dark Shadow seemed strangely smaller than you remembered. He was at least a bit bigger to be able to carry you and your Pokémon up to the slopes of the dome. You tilted your head as you remembered, if Dark Shadow was close, then someone else should be nearby, and that would be-

"You shouldn't coddle him too much, (last)-san."

You whipped around to face the bird-headed classmate, who looked rather frazzled now that you got a good look at him. Even with that so, he kept an even tone, after he heaved a breath in. You halted your actions, as the creature emitted a whine, as you asked in bewilderment.

"Tokoyami-s-kun, are you okay?" You fumbled in your words, as you watched your classmate steady his breathing, his normally piercing gazing meeting yours with a nod.

"I'm alright." Simply answering, Tokoyami got closer, keeping his attention now onto his quirk, who appeared to be ignoring the male. "Let's go back, Dark Shadow." He extended a hand as if Dark Shadow was about to take it and return back, but the entity thought better, and promptly wrapped his body around you as you blinked. His wrap got you pretty tangled up, as Tokoyami got even more discomforted.

"No way! Why should I?" It disobeyed like a teenager, crossing its arm near your head as you smiled awkwardly. It was endearing he wanted to be close by, but he was tightly coiled around you like a snake. Tokoyami looked irked and kept a resistant hand up.

"Quickly." He pressed, sounding firmer, but that only led the being the wrap you tighter. You yelped in surprise at this, as Tokoyami looked even more disapproving.

"It's okay Tokoyami-kun." You cut in before things could get more troublesome. The bird-headed classmate glances quickly at you as you smiled reassuringly, bringing your hand to pat its beak once more. "Lunch hasn't ended, it's okay for him to wait out a bit right?"

He paused unsurely, but it didn't show as he blankly stared at you before nodding. "Alright then." You quickly patted the seat beside you, as he followed along, sitting with his arms crossed across his chest.

You grinned with a nod, thankful he agreed. If Tokoyami noticed, he didn't react, simply relaxing, his breath rising and falling in a normal pace. Though the bird-headed classmate was seemingly calm, you began noticing Dark Shadow acting up slightly, appearing sadder, and weaker in a way, as it sprawled out on your shoulder with a groan. You made a noise of confusion, garnering your classmate's attention, who didn't move from his crossed arm.

"Dark Shadow energy gets drained by sunlight." He stated easily, as you blinked his way, Tokoyami shut his eyes as he turned away. "He'll yield soon enough."

"Eh, is it really okay?" You took action before even thinking, as you nudged the beast to your lap, which happily sprawled out without question as you bent down over it, blocking the sunlight as best as you could. It seemed to work better, as you were happy watching it looking better. Dark Shadow looked even smug, laying his head comfortably on to his arms after heaving a comfortable sigh.

You unintentionally caused Tokoyami's plan to backfire, as you coddled the creature more. Tokoyami almost looked exasperated, as your gaze was fully put onto the dark entity, as he gazed at you with a thoughtful gaze. You ruffled up the creature up more, even with the lack of fur.

He coughed a small chuckle, gaining your attention quickly. He appeared to be much less tense now, as he strikes up a conversation to you, much to your surprise.

"It strange. Dark Shadow would usually confound if it's not necessary for him to be out." Tokoyami elaborated, his eyes shut as if he was a protagonist in a film, seizing his moment. He then pointed to Dark Shadow with his head, before giving you a firm nod, "It seems he enjoys your company thoroughly."

"Ah- Well, I enjoy his company as well." You hand grazed over Dark Shadow's beak affectionately, causing the beast to emit an odd purr much to your amusement.

"He's usually more subdue, and willing to come back once there's sunlight, but with you around, he becomes quite resistant."

"Eh..." You unintentionally remarked with wide eyes. You head whipped towards him so fast, it made him move sideways in surprise, his eyes widening along before he regained his appearance with his usual apathetic eyes meeting yours.

"It's harder to control him with you around." He explained, though there wasn't much expression on him, he seemed troubled by this fact, as he placed a hand onto his beak, contemplating.

"I'm sorry, am I bothering?" You interjected, peering towards him warily, hesitantly watching your beaked classmate, who was looking at you with a curious stare. Your hands lifted from the placid creature.

The beaked classmate shook his head, a form of a smile similar to a smirk appeared, as he gave you another positive nod. "It's fine. I suppose this makes it a test for me to endeavor better." You sighed, you were worried this has made him detest you, or think ill of you. Though he continued with that same curious stare, "But it is strange why he's acting this way."

You perked at his statement, interjecting hastily as you focused at the creature on your lap, "It's probably because of my quirk actually." The bird-headed classmate patiently waited for you to continue, as you sat down your hand close to the serene creature lying on your lap, who sniffed slightly. "My quirk releases a smell only the Pokémon towards me, although Dark Shadow probably isn't a Pokémon, it perhaps has to do with the fact he isn't a 'natural being'."

"So, Dark Shadow been entranced by your smell?" Tokoyami stuffed his hands into his school uniform pants, as you pursed your lips.

"That's a weird way of saying it, but yes, in a way." You affirmed, exuding a weird laugh, eyes darting from one side to another, "Except the smell I release isn't always, pleasing to all of the creatures. Their lured over, but the might react differently upon meeting me."

There was interest dancing across the feathered boy's eyes, as he questioned, "Might I ask what happened?"

Your eyes lit up in excitement, glad to see him interested, as you explained, animatedly talking more than usual, "I can tell all kind of stories, but I think the one I remembered clearly is when I first got my quirk." You reminisced the past as you recited the memory.

"I was playing in the forest during a summer break. I liked walking around there, and ended up wandering off a bit farther than necessary." You gazed away, finding yourself grinning at the memory, as your legs swayed a bit, "Then my quirk appeared, and well-I was greeted with strange creatures with powers. It was actually a pack of Houndooms, and they weren't exactly that friendly. I was able to run away with some scratches."

There was a noticeable puzzlement in his feature, not quite grasping your story, you added right after, "Houndooms are similar too dogs, except they are dark and fire types." You explained excitedly about the types between dark and fire, as Tokoyami nodded at your every word.

As you quieten down, you continued a bit more solemnly, "I actually didn't like my quirk all that much at first. But after a while, I found joy in their company." You smile at Dark Shadow who perked his head to stare up, before giving Tokoyami a closed-eye smile of your own, which he responded bewilderedly.

"Now I can say honestly, that I love the Pokémon's company."

There was a stunned silence once more, as Tokoyami's face went bewildered, to his neutral look, though you can see the hint of a smile. "I see."

"I actually have a houndoom now. He's a really obedient one, a bit scary to the others, but he means well." You chuckled, laughter bubbling, as you looked towards Tokoyami with a curious gaze, "How about you? You and Dark Shadow are close; you knew each other for a long time right?"

"It's more like we're attached by force." He answers blatantly, avoiding your gaze as you chuckled.

"Nevertheless, I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way." You once again made a motion to pet Dark Shadow, who was keeping silent, almost dazedly dozing off on your lap, as you turned your attention to the creature. "Isn't that right, Dark Shadow?"

"Yup!" It excitedly commented, as your classmate sighs, much to your amusement. In the midst of your laughter, you were struck back to reality as the first bell rang, indicating class about to start. You both simultaneously looked at each other, as Tokoyami moved to stand up first, as you spoke to the dark entity.

"Okay, time for you to head back. No more complaining." You explained before Dark Shadow could input, as he instead grumbled, uncoiling from you, giving you glances from time to time, as you shook your head. He wasn't going to get out of it. He went back to Tokoyami, as the latter nodded at you.

"Thank you." He thanked as you waved it off. "It seems I have much more to do if I want to control Dark Shadow."

"I'm sure he'll listen to you already." You answered, picking yourself up, not before grabbing the two papers, "He just gets overly excited at times." You pointed out, as Tokoyami couldn't help but agree. As you neared the class, Tokoyami said something, somehow acknowledging something.

"I said before that Dark Shadow seemed to enjoy your company." His hand was on the class door, as he stared at you, that smile appearing once more. "Though it might be your quirk that lured him, I thought there might be more to it, and now I can discern why."

You blinked as he walked away, entering the class to sit in his seat. You stayed in your spot, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. Did Tokoyami just basically pointed out he enjoyed your company as well?

~o~o~

The class had finally ended, as the teacher left the room without a word. Everyone was packing up their belongings, ready to end the school day and head back home. As you snuggle your textbook carefully into your bag, you were reminded that the fridge's practically empty. You hummed to yourself.

"...I should head to the grocery store." You murmured, plucking out your wallet, recounting the money. It looked enough, maybe you could even buy a week's meal. The boss should be paying you soon for the Pokémon food as well, so all's good. You nodded, all's going to be well.

As you were busy, you were struck surprise as Uraraka asked out in shock, her voice earning not only your but everyone's attention, "Wh-What's going on?!"

You frowned, as half of the class were gaping out of the door. You walked just a bit closer to take a peek. Outside, a huge crowd of students were flocking the class door, in fact, it was a lot more than you had expected. You tugged your bag straps uncomfortably, as you briefly wondered if this was about the school festival as you stood by Iida, who had begun questioning.

"What business do you have with U.A?" Iida sternly interrogated as Mineta butted in with a cry, "We can't get out! What'd you come here for, anyway?" The little guy proclaimed.

Bakugo, who wasn't the slightest bit bothered by the crowd walked over with ease, his backpack slung over his shoulder's nonchalantly. "Scouting out the enemy, small fry." He appointed to Mineta who was god smacked, jittery pointing at the male as Midoriya reassured him with a nervous smile.

"We're the ones who made it out of the villain's attack. They probably want to check us out before the sports festival." Bakugo calmly answered, which was rather strange of him. Midoriya said it was him on a good day. You unsurely watch as Bakugo come in front of the students, who stood nervously at the blond.

"There's no point in doing stuff like that. Out of my way, Extras." He glared at everyone, as Iida heavily scolded the teen. Uraraka and Midoriya were shaking in their boots, as you sighed, hiding the similar feeling of nervousness. He just had to say that.

Knowing the blond wouldn't listen to Iida, you walked a bit forward to try to, calm the situation before it got out of hand. Before you even got to touch him to pull him back, you were surprised to hear a familiar voice coming from the crowd, as you unconsciously gaze at the direction, where Shinso emerged with a less than impressed frown.

"I came to see what the famous Class 1-A was like, but you seem pretty arrogant." Squeezing his way towards the front, the apathetic male stood tall. His face gave the impression he wasn't the least bit glad about what he's seeing.

"Hitoshi...?" You questioned, quiet enough to not garner everyone's attention. Only Bakugo and Shinso heard as the blond eyes glanced at you from the corner of his eyes, as the brainwashing-male met yours briefly. He then put all of his attention to Bakugo, who glared, remembering the stranger in front of him clearly. The person you sat next to that time during lunch.

"Are all of the students in the hero course like this?" Shinso questioned condescendingly, as Bakugo sneered at the question. At the same time, the group in the back vigorously shook their heads, trying to avoid everyone's dire opinions on the class. You stayed silent, uncertain of how to approach the situation now.

Shinso continued though, his hands stuffed to his pants as he shut his eyes, "Seeing something like this makes me disillusioned." He went to rub the back of his head, showing his annoyance as he monologue, "There are quite a few of us who enrolled in general studies or other courses because they didn't make it into the hero course. Did you know that?"

"Huh?" Bakugo retorted, still relatively calm. Your brows furrowed at his statement, as you stared at your middle-school friend worriedly, 'Hitoshi, you're not still worried about that are you...?'

"The school has left us with a chance." Shinso tired gaze was piercing, and he only seemed ready to sprout out more, bringing more news for your unsuspecting classmates. "Depending on the result of the school festival, they'll consider our transfer into the hero course,"

"And they also consider the transfer of someone out." You were pretty sure your classmates visibly froze, as Shinso seemed glad his words were getting to them.

The purple-haired male narrowed his eyes, "Scouting the enemy?" He repeated the words Bakugo had stated, before he stared head-on towards the blond, "I, at least, came to say that even if you're in the hero course, if you get to carried away, I might just sweep your feet from right under,"

Shinso with one last final words stated, "I came with a declaration of war."

'You're being a lot bolder than I thought Hitoshi!' You yelled in your mind. Though Shinso expressed annoyance to your class sometime, you never expected this to happen, as you began sweating tensely. The silence was deafening, a pin could drop and you would've heard it, as both Bakugo and Shinso were in the middle of a stare-down, as your eyes darted warily from one boy to the other. What should you do?

"U-Um!" You were about to cut in their glaring contest when your voice got overlapped by another loud student in the crowd, as you flinched. You watched as another acquainted face showed up, and was apparently incredibly heated.

"Hey, Hey! I'm from the next door class B!" The iron-quirked student basically emerged, you didn't know how, but he was towering over all of you, as he accidentally hit someone with his hand. He looked enraged as he yelled towards your class, specifically Bakugo, "I heard you fought against villains, so I came to hear 'bout it! Don't get so full of yourself!"

'Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu!' You voiced in shock.

"If you bark too much, it'll be embarrassing for you during the real fight!" He was way to heated, as the trio behind Bakugo souls were leaving them. The feelings rather mutual to yours, as you took an uneasy step back. Tetsutetsu must not have noticed you earlier, before his gaze dropped down to your form, and his anger turned to a friendly grin, as the male raised a friendly arm at you all of a sudden, a huge grin overlapping his earlier sneer.

"Ohh (Last)-san! It's been a while!" Even his voice sounded cheerier, as you felt yourself go small once more. Shinso and Bakugo's faces turned simultaneously in your direction.

'A 180-degree change!' Everyone practically screamed in their heads.

Suddenly all eyes are back to you, as you slowly felt spiritless, giving a meek wave yourself to the cheerful 1-B Student, "Hello Tetsutetsu-san..." You awkwardly laugh as both males gave you a rather surprise-look.

Bakugo seemed put off, and he felt really angry all of a sudden. Why do you know so many of these people? His sneer caught your attention as you noticed his glare was dead-stared on you. You flinched, as he not so softly scoffed your way, earning harsher looks from Hitoshi and Tetsutetsu, the former glaring a bit harder at the blond, whereas the iron-quirked male once again begun sprouting angry words.

The explosive male shoved his way out without a word, ignoring the complains as you stood dumbfounded. Shinso's gaze followed Bakugo's movement, before they moved to you questioningly, probably asking if you're okay. You shook your head quickly watching the other male attempt to weave himself out.

"Wait a minute Bakugo, what are you gonna do about all this?" Kirishima appeared much closer to you, a few steps back as he berated the blond for his action, as Bakugo stopped a stepped short, "It's your fault everyone's hating on us."

He didn't even glance back, "It doesn't matter." You blinked in confusion, though instinctively taking a step back, as he sneered the class's way, his eyes meeting your briefly much to your surprise, "It doesn't matter as long as you rise to the top."

You watched silently as he disappeared from the crowd, as now Kirishima stood right next to you." T-That's..." Kirishima voiced quietly for a second, your eyes casted to him, as the red-head clenched his fist.

"That's so simple and manly!" Tears sprouted as he brought the clenched fist close to his heart, as you could just see Mount Fuji behind him.

"Haha..." You chuckled at his action, patting the males arm. As a few others began agreeing to the hot-headed male. Bakugo sure knows how to hype up the class, as you huffed, biting the inside of your cheeks. Well looks like you don't have to worry about the situation any longer.

Shinso still stood in front of the class, his bagged eyes drifted towards you right after the explosive male left, as he called over you casually alarming the others once again. "(Name), can you follow me for a second."

"Wha-?" Kirishima being next to you showed the biggest surprise, as he eyed you and Shinso in disbelief.

'Now if it's possible." Hitoshi brought out a hand to call forward, cutting in any bewildered questions thrown your way.

"R-Right!" You noticed the frown replacing Kirishima's usually upbeat face before you turned towards the others and gave the red-head a nod, "I'll be taking my leave first, see you tomorrow."

You followed along with Shinso without another word, weaving through the crowd as you trailed after him. Silence engulfed class 1-A, as even Kirishima who was about to question you stood in stunned silence.

Ashido was the first to make a move, slamming a clenched fist into her palm in euphoria, her eyes lighting up in excitement. "It's official, there definitely dating!"

~o~o~

"Hitoshi, to be honest, I'm not sure what to say?"

You scratched your cheek as you trailed after the male. After moving out of the crowd, you were walking outside of the school. You hand latched onto your bag strap as the male didn't turn to you. "I'm surprise? I guess..."

"Hm." He simply answered to your statement, showing he was listening, as you walked faster to stand by his side with a curious stare at him. He had his eyes shut, peeking one eye open to you curiously, "I wasn't cool?"

You paused, "...It was kinda cool-but that's not the point!" You were close to complimenting him as Shinso seemed entirely amused at that fact, the smile you've grown accustomed appeared. "What was that all about?" You tilted your head, scrutinizing him. "I know you don't really like my classmates, even though you hardly met them." You made a face, as Shinso chuckled, "But this is a bit...surprising."

"Just like I said, it's a declaration of war," Shinso repeated, not bothered by your excessive lack of vocabulary. You walked tight-lipped, visibly thinking before you said to the tired male. You frowned as you stared down, and Shinso got a bit worried he made you upset. He dropped his act, staring at you with a twinge of an apology, "Look-,"

"Well, if that's the case, I don't see much of the problem." Shinso seemed surprised, as you continued, "You prove yourself out there, and you might get another chance once again. I'm sure everyone's gonna take you on seriously after that stunt, probably,"

"But the point is, you're going to show it off, right?" You gave him a look, as Hitoshi paused before he nodded slightly. Then you grinned without a worry, "Then I had nothing to worry about. Just show it off, and I'm sure you'll catch some interest in the crowd."

"Well, first of all, I need to train." Shinso cut into your relieving statement, pointing out his usual smirk, as you rolled your eyes.

"Of course, I know that." You all of sudden brought your two hands Shinso's wild hair, ruffling it harshly, with an entertained smile, "You're trying to show off so you're going to go all out huh?" You teased the male, as he bended down with a grumble, a small blush appearing at your giggling form.

"Yes." He struggled against your force, pulling his head with mocked annoyance, "I'm going be training for these two weeks."

You chuckled, releasing him from your grip, "Then, I guess you'll be pretty busy." You looked at him expectantly, "If you need any help, you can always go to me okay?"

"You're not training?" He asked you curiously.

"I'm going to train too..." You dragged, fiddling with a lock of your hair. You peered up to him readily, "There's something I have to do as well for this sports festival. So, I'm going to work hard..." It almost seemed it didn't come out of your mouth, sounding completely sure of what you're going to do.

Shinso tired gaze seemed to stare for a long time, before he huffed with a laugh, ruffling your hair in turn. "Well then, from now on, we're rivals as it seems." You frown, swatting his hand away with a small huff.

"I guess so."

As you walked silently, Shinso suddenly pointed out with his usual glare. "But that classmate of yours, can't really say I like him." He reached up a hand to rub his nape, as you shrugged your shoulders.

"That's just how he usually is Hitoshi." You replied as the general department-student huffed, as you added in with a point, "I don't think people like you all that much after that stunt too." This time Hitoshi grinned as if that was what he was hoping for.

"That's the plan." Oh.

You shoved him a bit by the shoulder, as he chuckled, "Well aren't you a jerk." You jested as Shinso shrugged, unbothered.

After that conversation, Shinso said he needed to head home. As you watched Shinso walked away with a nod, you were left standing alone in front of the prestigious school. The sun closely disappearing, as a calming orange glow surrounded you. You should head to the grocery store by now, almost forgetting as you attempted to walk towards the dorm.

You headed out of U. A's, passing the gate sensor without a hitch when suddenly you were taped on the back. You instinctively turned towards the person, surprised to see the wide-eyed greenette, blinking her eyes at you before tilting her head slightly with croak.

"(Name)-chan, this isn't your way home." She commented with a knowing look, as Tsuyu stared at you curiously. You answered easily, unaffected by the curious tone in her voice.

"I'm heading to the market today; I have to pick up some grocery for this week." You gave a small smile at the amphibian, then your expression morphed into a cagey stare, your brows furrowing simultaneously as you stare at the frog-like girl strangely, "Wait, how did you know my home's not this way?"

Tsuyu didn't answer for a second, causing you to bite the inside of your cheek dumbstruck before she replied, "I saw you go to another direction when you were with your friends." You worded out friend in confusion, as she elaborated, "The bold boy you went with just before."

'Oh! She meant Hitoshi!' You almost felt embarrassed, that means she saw you head towards the dormitory when you told the brainwasher your secret life with Pokémon. You audibly released a breath of relief, as you snickered, flustered, "O-Oh, I see."

Tsuyu's eyes crinkled shut, as the smallest giggle left her, finding your reaction funny as you apologized. She was frankly adorable with that look, as you marveled how it reminded you so much of a Politoed when it smiled. When her eyes open, she took a step forward by your side, her once again impassive expression aligned, except this time she spoke with eagerness.

"I also need to buy some things. I'm going to cook dinner again for my siblings." You both walked forward in sync, as you hummed. You remembered slightly that Tsuyu apparently cooked a lot for her younger siblings, you were impressed she did that so often. In silent agreement, you both decided to head there together. That is when you noticed a voice call out to both of you.

It was Jiro, who ambled in your directions, her purple eyes glancing at the both of you curiously, "Are you both going somewhere?" She asked, instinctively reaching a finger to her neck, to scratch or to tangle with her ear jacks.

"Yes, we're heading to the supermarket. Do you need something Jiro-chan?" Tsuyu answered before you, tilting her head sideways. Jiro eyes lit up in realization.

"A-Ah, is that so." She implied, she smiled kindly as she once again twirled her finger against her left ear jack, she almost looked embarrassed as she hesitated, "Is it fine if I come along? I actually need to buy something as well."

"But of course." Tsuyu croaked before you, smiling once again, as you spoke with ease, "Let's get going then."

Jiro trailed after, coming up to stand on your other side, as the three of you voyage to the market, chattering aimlessly with grins and snickers here and there. Entering the large market, you separated from Jiro, who went off to another section in the building, as you lumbered the trolley around the vegetable section with Tsuyu staring at them with careful eyes.

'Hmm...What should I buy.' Your eyes danced across the different section of food, trying to remember the recipe's you could make with certain ingredients. You picked up one vegetable, eyeing its visage, before situating them into the bag provided. Tsuyu had also sat down her items into the trolley.

While you were focused on a rack, you felt an immense feeling, as if someone was staring at you. You turned to see Tsuyu staring at you, all spacey, causing you to involuntarily shudder. You stared back at her suddenly, "Is there something wrong Asu-er..."

You fumbled a bit, a silence passing by as she eased, "Take your time."

"Uh-right." You answered shyly to her straight-forward reassurance. "You've been staring at me for a while, are you okay?"

She blinked dazedly, "It's nothing." She suddenly seemed to smile, her frog-like mouth curling in a wholesome smile as she reminisces, "I just remembered that we first met at this supermarket."

"O-Oh." You nodded right after, your lips curling all by themselves as you spoke, "Yes, we did. You saved me when you found Phanpy, I'm indebted to you for that."

Tsuyu placed a finger on to her cheek, her eyes naturally going to the ceiling, "So that's what the elephant's called. It was running around the supermarket before I accidentally kicked it, it wasn't hurt was it?"

You chuckled, turning your gaze towards racks once again, "No, she's fine, she can take a hit. She's pretty strong." You commented, without a stagger, as Tsuyu commented she's glad to hear that. You stared at the one item on the rack hardly, before making the decision to buy, staring at the price just for a minute.

"To be honest, I felt it was a bit strange when you had an elephant. After all, it was a strange thing to have as a pet."

You sweat dropped, 'If you knew that, you probably should've been warier Tsuyu-chan...' You would've probably scolded her if you weren't relief a while back then she didn't take action.

"But it was such an adorable elephant, I didn't think about it more." Phanpy's cuteness saved the day. You didn't comment much about that, as you couldn't help but wholeheartedly agree.

"To be honest, I think I probably wouldn't think much if I was in your shoes too." You shrugged with a sigh.

Tsuyu seemed to be in a state of bliss, as you were glad to be bonding with the frog-quirked girl, who cut into your comfortable silence with her next statement, continuing on, "Besides, you were way too kind to be suspicious."

"But even so, you never know if I am a villain." You finally scolded. Although you got lucky, who knew if someone in a similar situation was actually a villain. But you relaxed, your tense frown to a grateful smile, "But even so, I'm glad you thought so."

Tsuyu replied, not bothered by your light chide, "But it seemed the elephant liked you a lot, and you liked it back equally." You sigh exasperatedly, even as you chuckled at her explanation. She tilted her head all of a sudden, as she stared at you thoughtfully.

"Besides, You're too cute to be a villain."

"Oh, thanks." You replied with a small smile, the words kind of crossing your ear slower than you thought, as you mind hadn't fully processed the comment. Your wide grin, slowly went away in confusion, then you were embarrassed, your face heating up, as your eyes stared right at Tsuyu once again in shock, "Uh, Wha-!?"

"...Did I say something wrong?" Tsuyu questioned innocently, and really innocently as she cocked her head to the side once more, as your face began to heat up, your eyes darting in different directions.

"No, no, nothing wrong..." You mumbled, speaking much quicker than usual as you felt even more embarrassed by Tsuyu unreactive look. You attempted to slink away, telling her in a quick tone, "I-I should go look for Jiro-s-Chan! I'll be back!" You in your panicked state had left the place with flooding embarrassment, as Tsuyu only stared after.

She gave a tight-lipped smile, eyes shutting happily. Yeap, Cute.

~o~o~

You stumbled around the market, looking for the pragmatic girl. Your mind still jumbled from the blunt compliment as you stared around the area. You ended up near the cashier, where the person behind the counter was reading a magazine boredly, a frown displayed on his face, and on the cover was about-

The Pokémon

You frowned simultaneously, skulking discreetly from the cashier, as your eyes darted around for the girl. You finally caught sight of the girl, her back facing you, as she was focus on another thing. She was in the small music section, where CDs lined up. You didn't know much about Jiro, but she did seem like she enjoyed music. As you walked closer to her, she stood unnoticed, completely focused on something in front of her.

On the side there also the magazine racks, while the music section contained a variety of different genres. Jiro hadn't noticed you were coming because she had plugged her ear jacks into the player, her head nodding with the beat a bit, as she hummed along. She looked at peace as if nothing was bothering her, as her soft voice filled the air. She probably is a great singer. Your eyes gazed at her face, before dropping down to the discs she was clutching with curiosity.

"Are those rock music?" You said out loud, not even noticing you got Jiro attention, startling her. She let out a loud 'eep!' crashing to the racks in a frenzied panic which you stared in alarm. "Woah, calm down!"

You held steady her awkward form, as she embarrassedly covered her face with the ends of her ear jacks. You gave her a sheepish smile, "Sorry, I guessed I surprise you." You chuckled a bit, "I was going to call you, we're almost done with groceries, I think..."

You scratched the side of your cheek unsurely, after all, you ran off after feeling the rush of embarrassment. Jiro, who had finally relaxed, could only stare back at you with bashfulness, twiddled her ear jacks. "Ah-I see."

You didn't know what to say after, before you pointed at the discs she clutched, "A-Are these bands?"

Jiro glanced down, before nodding a bit with a smaller smile, "Yeah, they're more punk than rock though." You awed a bit, staring at them with interest, before peering up at her.

"Never really heard punk music before...are they good?"

She looked surprised for a moment before she had a lapse of what you assume, shock. 'Wha-There really good, you should listen to some." She brought you closer to the stand, pulling your arm as she handed you the provided headphones. You put them on wordlessly, as you listened.

You weren't sure what to comment on the music, but you found yourself nodding senselessly. You pulled it down slightly to hear her speak as she looked expectantly. "Well, what do you think?"

You hummed, as Jiro saw the uncertainty, she seemed to gain some sort of confidence to search for others that might suit your taste. You found yourself chuckling watching Jiro excitedly scroll through the discs in a calm manner.

Before you could, you were once again gazing at the man behind the counter, as he loudly clicked his tongue, before throwing the magazine roughly. As he was busying himself in the cashier, he kept muttering about 'stupid pests' and 'infestation', causing you to frown deeply.

You were distracted to the point, you didn't hear Jiro, who was trying to get your attention. She pulled an arm out shake you a bit, as you blink dazedly, your gaze appointed to her blinking ones, as she asked worriedly, "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah...I'm fine." You answered briefly, your eyes glancing at the man every now and then. Naturally, her gaze followed, as a small frown appeared on her apathetic face.

"A lot of people been talking..." Jiro uneasily said, twisting her ear jacks uncomfortably, as her gaze was at the magazine rack, "I'm pretty sure you heard as much, and I don't think things are looking quite, bright for them."

You followed her gaze before you eyed the rack. They were all filled with the news, as you hesitantly took one up. As you skimmed through the pages, your frown could only grow. A Containment unit discussion?

"There's been a petition for them to be, contained..." Jiro murmured, rubbing one of her arms as your eyes widen. You stared down, almost unbreathing as you stumbled back a bit. You skimmed through every page and realize it really was true.

"The board hasn't approved yet, but it's already been reevaluated..." You murmured, reading the words as you felt angry. "They haven't been even exposed for more than 2 days and this is already being discussed..." You clench your teeth, feeling unnervingly frustrated.

Jiro seemed quiet at your display of irritation, before she went a step closer, her eyes drooping a bit as if they were upset. "I guess the people are more scared than ever...even though not many have seen them, most have decided to just keep them contained for the time being."

"Strange, it's just creatures with 'quirks', there's really not much to be hugely afraid of." You commented back through gritted teeth. Apparently, the exposition in Japan hadn't quite worked out well, though the other countries have heard of them, it seems the Pokémon population is lesser compared to the ones in Japan. "They'd like to contain it in the places Pokémon are quite populated, to 'stop' the appearances..." You murmured to yourself once more.

You finally perked out of your constant muttering to Jiro, who was listening in to your murmurs, as you gave her an apologetic look. "Sorry, I think I need a minute." The purplette could only smile back with force before she gave a pat on your shoulder.

"Okay then, I'll be with Tsuyu first." She walked off right after you said you'll be out in a minute. Your softer gaze turned harsh in mere minutes before you stare down at the article once more. You pursed your lips. Knowing what exactly is going on, you realized the organization isn't holding the walls very strong. So that's why the teacher's suggested the strategy. Finding out this, there's no way you could back down.

Clenching the magazine in determination, you made up your mind.

So, Which Pokémon are you going to bring out?

~o~o~

One thing that crosses my mind often is how did the people react to Pokémon for the first time in the Pokémon universe? I mean-were they there from the beginning of time and just got along with humans on that note? That probably is the answer actually haha.

So! What Pokémon you think should show in the sports festival? I honestly have no clue who to add, so suggestions are welcome! New ones or the ones that had already appeared are allowed of course! I thought that the idea of only allowing 6 Pokémon in the sports festival was ideal, cause that's what a full team consists, and is in the Pokémon series.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the interactions I put in! I'm going to say, I believe two more chapters of filler parts and we'd be going forward with the sports festival. As the sports festival hasn't begun, I'd like to exploit as much as interactions as possible in the meantime!

As usual, thank you so much for your support and comments. It makes me glad this story is liked, and it can make people imagine a whole different scenario in the BNHA universe. Until the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 5.8K 14
❝ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑝𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑦𝑒𝑡?❞ ❝𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑑*𝑚𝑛 𝑑𝑒𝑘𝑢.❞ ...
64.1K 2.4K 38
They say that with the birth of a baby with Bio-luminescent powers, the dream of super powers became a reality. Soon, 80% of the population having wh...
623K 18.7K 30
❝𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑'𝑠 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒.❞ ❝𝑦𝑒𝑎ℎ, 𝑖 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑖𝑑𝑖𝑜𝑡.❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ^^ 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑�...
211K 5.6K 22
You are a villain, he is becoming a hero... You and Bakugou were friends back in kindergarten through Middle school, however after Middle school you...