THE GUARDIAN 彡 the society

By fathercoups

❝If none of you want to listen, then be my guest, but it won't be my fault when you're missing a leg.❞ ──── ... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPIGRAPH
CHARACTERS
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
NOTE
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SEVEN

THIRTEEN

4.9K 184 20
By fathercoups

"I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL SKIN YOU BOTH ALIVE," Charlotte threatened Kyla and Valerie as she came over to the lunch table with her tray in her hands. The Pentagon were the only ones at the large lunch table, and they were busy eating their food. Charlotte slid into the seat beside Miles, across from Kyla, Valerie and Xavier.

"What happened now?" Xavier questioned, raising an eyebrow. He was transferring his small portion of canned fruits onto Charlotte's tray for her to eat, since he knew that she had a big appetite.

"They keep trying to spy on Grizz and I," Charlotte muttered, quietly thanking Xavier for his fruits, "And it's like we can't have any privacy,"

"You guys are so weird," Miles shook his head, chuckling, "If you're gonna stalk then you do it from afar, let Grizz and Char do their thing."

Just as Miles said that, the Guard came over with their trays of food and slid in to the Pentagon's table. Grizz slid in next to Charlotte and greeted everyone at the table.

"For the lady," Grizz smiled as he handed her his carton of chocolate milk, since he found out that chocolate milk was her favourite.

Charlotte gave him a smile as Clark tossed a piece of bread on her tray. Charlotte raised her eyebrows, "Why is everyone giving me their food?"

"Because we know you like to eat," Jason snorted, eating his own food.

"But you guys will be hungry," Charlotte pointed out.

"Yeah but so will you, and your appetite is bigger than mine and Jason's combined," Clark snickered, as he sat next to Kyla and across from Charlotte.

"Anyway, Grizz," Miles started, glancing over at Grizz from beside Charlotte. Grizz looked up and nodded at Miles, "I heard you and Char have two weirdos on your asses," Grizz began to chuckle as Kyla and Valerie put on innocent faces.

"Are you as annoyed as Char to the point you're threatening them?" Miles finished, as Grizz swallowed the food in his mouth.

Grizz looked over at Charlotte who was opening the carton of milk he gave her. "Well, I mean I'm not really annoyed but it's kind of weird, yet hilarious at the same time,"

"That's not a solid answer Grizz," Miles said sassily, making Charlotte snort.

"That was a solid answer," Grizz exclaimed, leaning forward to look at Miles.

"Not in my books,"

Grizz nodded with a half smirk and then moved his arms in front of him. He put his left arm on top of his right arm and began to make gestures.

Bullshit. Grizz signed, making the Pentagon excluding Miles burst out laughing. Grizz also had a smug look on his face when he performed the sign.

Miles gasped loudly, "How do you know about that?"

Charlotte, Valerie, and Xavier bursted out laughing as Kyla chuckled and reached forward to place a hand on Miles' hand, "Oh honey, everyone knows about that."

Miles threw his face into his arms with a groan, as Clark snorted, "Since when did you know sign language, Grizz?"

Charlotte shook her head, "Oh, he doesn't, I just taught him the bad words."

"Why would you teach him profanity? So he could swear at Sam?" Kyla questioned.

Charlotte shook her head, "No, just in case he wanted to talk shit with Sam,"

Valerie motioned toward Grizz and Charlotte to Kyla, "See?!"

Kyla scoffed at her and went back to eating.

"Dudes," Jason blurted out, glancing down the table, "The food is fucking hard as shit,"

Valerie glanced over at him and nodded, "I know, I wonder which bitchass cooked this shitty shit," She looked over at Xavier as she said that, making him gasp out in feign hurt, "How rude!"

Luke chuckled and then looked at Charlotte, "Since you finally revealed your secret last night," Luke muttered quietly so nobody else could hear them, "Does that mean you're okay with taking over?"

Clark nodded, "We need someone to quickly take over, things are going to get out of hand soon."

"Which is why the Guard is here, and I'm apart of the Guard," Charlotte reminded. "Look, I'm fine with being the boss but not in front of others,"

"What?" Clark raised an eyebrow.

"What she means is that she'll do what she did with Cassandra. She was the boss but Cassandra was her representative." Miles informed.

"How come? You don't want to be the one to stand in the front of everyone and give orders?"  Jason questioned.

"I mean, I kind of already do but I prefer making orders in the shadows." Charlotte shrugged.

"Like the ninja turtles," Xavier blurted out but nobody minded him.

"Why is that?" Luke asked, as Charlotte gave a quick glance to the Pentagon, before shaking her head.

"I don't want to be responsible for everyone."

Kyla quickly spoke, "Do you guys have an idea who could be the next boss?"

The Guard nodded, "Gordie's going to talk to her later,"

Xavier glanced around, "Allie?"

The Guard nodded.

"Do you think she's going to accept—" Miles started but loud arguing made him slowly stop talking. The group turned their heads to see who was arguing and they saw two blonde guys.

"God, that's Eggles, that creepy motherfucker," Clark muttered.

Charlotte glanced over at Clark and nodded, "Isn't he the dumbass that wanted gatorade?"

Clark nodded, "He fucking pulled out a gun on me last night when I was watching the store."

Everyone snapped their heads to Clark as Charlotte sat straight in her seat, "What?"

Clark continued to eat his lunch calmly, "Yeah, he wanted something to eat, I told him to piss off, and he fucking pointed that shit at me."

"What did you do?" Kyla asked, her eyes wide.

"Just gave him the keys," Clark shook his head, "Scared the shit out of me."

Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows, "Are you okay? Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

Clark shook his head, "You were with Grizz, and you just told us your secret life and the incident, I didn't want you to worry any more."

Charlotte clenched her jaw and glanced back at Eggles, "Well now I'm worried for you and for everyone in this goddamn room since Eggles has a fucking gun—"

The guy arguing with Eggles ended up pushing Eggles to the ground and a gunshot suddenly echoed throughout the cafeteria. Charlotte felt arms grab around her as Grizz brought her under the table in an instant.

Everyone else quickly dropped to the floor and hid under the table. Charlotte made eye contact with Helena who was holding Gwen. Charlotte motioned for her to stay down, as Helena gave her a look that said 'don't do anything stupid' but they both knew that Charlotte wasn't going to listen anyway.

"Holy shit," Miles exhaled shakily as a guy and a girl both stood on top of tables with guns in their own hands. They were pointed at each other and they were yelling for each other to put it down.

Kyla whispered harshly for Valerie as Xavier tried to grab Valerie but Valerie quickly ran in a crouched position toward Eggles. He was reaching for his gun and she kicked it away.

"Don't fucking touch it!" Valerie snarled as she raised her fist in a threatening matter. Eggles stayed on the ground with his hands up,

"I-It was an accident!"

Valerie slowly started to stand, with her hands raised, "Yo Russo!" Valerie called out, and he snapped his head to her and pointed his gun at her. Charlotte's eyes widen and she moved to crawl away from the table but Grizz kept his grip firm on her. She smacked on his arms but he shook his head.

"I can't let you go this time," Grizz whispered in her ear as he kept his eyes on Valerie with wide, frantic eyes.

Valerie felt the fear rise in her as she kept her hands up. She tried to push past the fear and act brave. She glanced between the guy and the girl, "Since when was it okay to start carrying guns around?!" Valerie shouted, her arms up in the air at this point.

"Get the fuck away from me Valerie!"

"No Jeremy, why the fuck do you have a gun!" Valerie shouted back, as Charlotte fought against Grizz's tight grip on her. She felt sweat form on her forehead as she feared for Valerie's life.

Charlotte continued to try and escape Grizz's grasp, making him hold her tighter. "Stop, Char, calm down,"

Charlotte shook her head, her eyes wide at the sight of a gun pointed at Valerie.

"Let me go," The Guard snapped their heads to Charlotte when they heard how shaky her voice was, "I-I have to go to Val!"

"Relax, Char," Jason muttered, watching the girl squeeze at Grizz's wrists.

Charlotte snapped her head to Grizz with a frantic look, "V-Vincent!"

Grizz realized why she was so worried. His grip loosened on her once he saw how scared and distraught Charlotte looked. Charlotte took this chance and slipped out of Grizz's grasp, and she stumbled out from under the table.

"Char!" Kyla cried out but Clark quickly moved forward and wrapped his arms around her, to prevent her from following Charlotte. He knew the strong bond between the girls, and he knew that they would risk their lives for each other without a doubt, so he had to make sure one of them was at least safe.

Charlotte ran over to Valerie and quickly put her behind her, shielding her from the gun that Jeremy was pointing at them with. Charlotte knew that Valerie was scared out of her wits, as Valerie clutched the back of Charlotte's shirt with the shakiest hands.

"You fool," Charlotte whispered to Valerie and then looked at Jeremy.

"Put down your gun, Jeremy," Charlotte warned, her tone low.

Jeremy stared at her with shaking eyes, "What are you going to do about it?!"

Charlotte kept her face calm and her hands out in a reassuring manner, "Nothing, Jeremy, because I have nothing on me, nor will I ever. Let's just talk about this, okay?"

Charlotte's eyes moved to Jeremy's gun to a crouched girl with a baseball bat. The girl caught her eyes and Charlotte sent her a quick look, and slowly lowered her hand. The girl clutched her bat tightly and noticed what Charlotte wanted and slowly crept over.

Before Charlotte could perform anything on Jeremy, the fire alarm went off. Charlotte instantly grabbed Valerie by the wrist and dragged her to the exit, where everyone else ran toward.

Charlotte took one final glance at the cafeteria
to make sure the people she cared about was no longer in the cafeteria. She saw Helena running out the other door with Gwen and Charlotte felt her nerves calm. Charlotte then turned and quickly ran out with Valerie.

Charlotte sat on the couch with Grizz, as Gordie went to go talk to Allie upstairs in her room. Everyone was gathered in the living room, but nobody said a word.

Grizz didn't say anything and simply embraced Charlotte tightly. Charlotte knew he had lots to say to her about running off by the way he grabbed onto her desperately, and how he looked at her with watery eyes that had a bunch of emotions swirling in them.

Grizz made Charlotte sit on his lap, and he never let his arms leave her body. His face was buried in her shoulder as Charlotte sat sideways on Grizz's lap, and had her feet on Clark's lap.

"Why would you move?" Kyla harshly muttered to Valerie as Valerie sat with Miles on a two seat couch. Valerie had her arms wrapped around Miles' waist and her head on his chest,
as he had an arm around her and was rubbing her arm up and down soothingly.

Xavier placed a hand on Kyla's shaking knee, "Don't, Ky,"

Kyla stood up abruptly, "No!" Kyla glared at Valerie, "Why the fuck would you go and challenge Jeremy, when he had a fucking gun! Are you fucking stupid?!"

Valerie stayed silent. Miles softly frowned at Kyla, "What's been done has been done, Kyla. Val was just trying to kick Eggles' gun away."

"What good would that have been? She still had Jeremy's and Betty's gun aimed at her!"

Valerie stared at the wall with tears eyes, as Kyla continued to rant. Everyone knew Kyla was only mad because she was worried sick for Valerie, but they knew that Valerie couldn't deal with arguing at the moment, even though Valerie was great at arguing. She was too traumatized and frightened.

Kyla snapped her head to Charlotte, "And you! Why the fuck would you go out there too?! You could've been killed!"

Charlotte narrowed her eyes at Kyla, "I knew what I was doing,"

"Did you really? Char, do you know what a fucking gun is?!" Kyla yelled, making Charlotte fight back.

"Of course I know what a fucking gun is! I was a fucking gang leader when I was fifteen for fuck's sake!" Charlotte began to raise her voice, making Kyla close her mouth. "When I saw Val out there with that gun pointed at her, I was brought back to the time when that cop pointed his gun at Vincent!"

Charlotte shouted, looking straight at Kyla, "I couldn't just hide and watch Valerie get threatened! If something happened to her then that's on me,"

Valerie spoke up, "That wouldn't be on you—"

Charlotte glared over at her, "Shut the fuck up Val, I'm angry at your stupid decision too,"

"Like you don't make stupid decisions," Valerie frowned.

Charlotte clenched her jaw, "I'm allowed to make stupid decisions,"

"And why's that? Because you can get away with shit because people fear you?! Because you're a tough and brave girl?!" Valerie started to raise her voice as well.

"Guys," Xavier started, a deep frown on his face. Jason exchanged a glance with Luke and Clark, as the three guys looked at Grizz who seemed equally as surprised and frozen as them. They didn't know what to do in the current situation they were in, they've never witnessed a fight between the three girls. Not two, but all three at once.

"What the fuck are you saying?!" Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows, "It's because I know how to play my cards right! Did you have a plan when you ran up there?!"

Valerie was taken aback, "W-Well no—"

"Exactly!" Charlotte barked, her eyes sharp.

"Tell me Val, what were you planning to do with that gun pointed right in front of your face? Huh? Did you think it was a water gun or something?" Kyla brought up, making Valerie sit up with a pissed off expression on her face.

"I wasn't going to die!"

"What do you mean you weren't going to die! A real gun was pointed at you Val!"

"You think I didn't fucking see that Kyla?! I was fearing for my life, but I had to make sure that that fucking creep didn't touch that gun!"

"It's not your job to play protector!" Kyla snapped.

"Then whose is it? Char's? You're telling me that you'd rather have her out there instead?!"

"Did I fucking say that?!" Kyla shouted, "I didn't want any of you to be out there, yet you fuckers exposed yourselves to those guns!"

"Stop acting like you're any better! I know you would have ran out too if it wasn't for Clark to hold you back!" Valerie sneered.

"Oh my god," Becca breathed out shakily as she witnessed the heavy tension form quick between the three best friends.

"Shut your fucking face! One pull at the trigger and you would have been dead like Cassandra," Kyla muttered lowly, making Charlotte stand from Grizz's lap. Charlotte looked at Kyla with a dark look.

"Don't fucking say words like that, Kyla,"

Kyla clenched her jaw and looked down just as Xavier quickly stood up and stepped in the middle of everyone.

"Let's not fight, guys," Xavier frowned, "I know that Valerie and Char shouldn't have done that, but you shouldn't get so angry with them, Kyla. I know you were going to run up there with them but Clark stopped you."

Miles nodded in agreement, "All of us did something wrong and stupid but we shouldn't let that get in the way of our friendship. Especially in a time like this where everyone is carrying a gun. It's best if we dismiss our mistakes and take care of each other."

Charlotte sent one final glance at Kyla and Valerie before heading out of the living room and into the kitchen.

author's note

had to bring in grizz's iconic 'bullshit' signing moment for a certain reader ahaha. also, that fight though.. it was kind of all over the place but i needed the fight to be intense so there can be some conflict between the three 'sisters from other misters' besties, oop my bad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 834 30
𝚎𝚕𝚢𝚜𝚒𝚊𝚗 (𝚊𝚍𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎) 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚘𝚛 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎; 𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍; 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌...
67.2K 1.1K 21
❝𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒏.❞ - in which a night...
13.2K 217 18
completed 2023 ✔ / in editing 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗗. They where just a group of Connecticut high school students that where supposed...
205K 4.5K 26
trapped in an abandoned version of her home, eden blanchard finds two sources of comfort- intoxication... and harry bingham. - Ranked: #1 - thesocie...