FIRE AND ICE ⎯ n.mikaelson¹

-L0VELESS- द्वारा

𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ❝𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙬 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨❞ ⎯⎯ In which Tyler Lockwood'... अधिक

𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗜𝗖𝗘
𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦...!
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢. ▬▬ 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙵𝙸𝚁𝚂𝚃 𝙴𝙽𝙲𝙾𝚄𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁
ˏˋ 01
ˏˋ 02
ˏˋ 03
ˏˋ 04
ˏˋ 05
ˏˋ 06
ˏˋ 07
ˏˋ 08
ˏˋ 09
ˏˋ 10
ˏˋ 11
ˏˋ 12
ˏˋ 13
ˏˋ 14
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐢. ▬▬ 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙳
ˏˋ 15
BAD DECISIONS
XVII. POISON
XVIII. MEDICINE
XIX. YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
XX. SWEET BUT PSYCHO
XXI. LIE TO ME
XXII. TROUBLE FINDS YOU
XXIII. YOU SHOULD SEE ME IN A CROWN
XXIV. SUCKER
XXV. EXCUSES
XXVI. WORK IT OUT
XXVII. DANCER IN THE DARK
XXVIII. POWER OVER ME
XXIX. INDESTRUCTIBLE
XXX. STUPID IN LOVE
XXXI. I BET YOU LOOK GOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR
XXXII. MISSILE
XXXIII. HOLD ON
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄; 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦
XXXIV. BROKEN
XXXV. ASHES
XXXVI. LITTLE WHITE LIES
XXXVII. EVERYTIME
XXXVIII. COLLAR FULL
XXXIX. LONE RANGER
XL. KILL OF THE NIGHT
XLI. UNPREDICTABLE
XLII. STILL FALLING FOR YOU
XLIII. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
XLIV. HOW TO SAVE A LIFE
XLV. EYES CLOSED
XLVI. RULE THE WORLD
XLVIII. SOMEONE YOU LOVED
XLIX. BEAUTIFUL CREATURES
L. TOO GOOD AT GOODBYES
LI. FIRE AND ICE

XLVII. SHADOWS

18.3K 526 414
-L0VELESS- द्वारा

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ - 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘴]

"i don't understand it, where
did you go? i hate that
you're all that i know"

✧✦✧✦✧

The next morning, Thea stirred awake as the sunlight began to pour through the Gilbert's curtains in the living room. With a groan, the wolf stretched, her muscles aching from sleeping on the uncomfortable sofa all night. She didn't have to stay there- Bonnie's barrier didn't affect her, but there was no way she was leaving Klaus trapped in a house alone in his current state, especially not one that still had his brothers dead body desiccated in the kitchen.

Opening her eyes, Thea's gaze landed on her soulmate who was currently stood in the middle of the living room, his gaze focused on Kol's burnt corpse as a stray tear ran down his cheek. With a sad sigh, Thea stood from the couch before walking into the kitchen, taking the table cloth from the dining table and using it to cover Kol's body- hiding it from her soulmates view. As she turned back to face the hybrid, the front door opened revealing her brother who walked in with a teasing smirk on his face.

"Morning, sunshine. You look pathetic," Tyler taunted the hybrid as he stared at him through the barrier, earning a scowl from Thea as she glared at her older brother darkly. "Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps. Or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets," Klaus growled threateningly at the elder Lockwood only causing Tyler's smirk to broaden.

"My friends will be back with the cure by then. So, I could shove it down your throat and make you mortal," the Lockwood hybrid replied cockily causing Thea to chuckle dryly from her spot in the kitchen, Tyler's eyes filtering over to hers for the first time since he entered. "And how, pray tell, do you and your friends hope to overpower the original hybrid? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the last time you and your little mutts tried that- they ended up disembodied," the wolf smirked sarcastically at her brother causing the elder twin to scowl.

Tyler turned his attention to his younger sister with narrowed eyes as he stared at her in exasperation, "so that's it? He cries a little at the sight of his dead brother and your back to sucking his dick?" the hybrid spat in incredulity, looking between the two soulmates in disgust. "Do you not remember what he's done?" Tyler hissed, earning an eye roll from the younger twin. "God, why is it always the same argument with you people? 'Don't you remember what he's done', 'how could you forgive him, T, he's evil'," the brunette mocked in response, completely fed up with having to repeat herself, answering the same stupid questions.

"He made mom leave town," Tyler snapped in disbelief at his younger sister causing the wolf to narrow her eyes fiercely, "no, I did. Because of you and your idiotic desire to prove you were the alpha," Thea retorted, her patience wearing thin as her anger was illuminated through her tone. "I forced Stefan to compel mom to leave town. Not because Klaus was going to kill her- but because I knew she'd never be safe in a town like this. With supernatural children. I wasn't going to lose another person as a result of supernatural drama. So, if you want someone to blame, then blame me. But we both know I did the right thing," the wolf snapped at her twin fiercely.

Tyler glared at his younger sister but refused to reply. Part of him knew she was right- that what she had done was the best thing, but the other part of him was so blinded by rage at both himself and Klaus that he couldn't will himself to admit it and just let it go. He still wanted Klaus gone, and he didn't care if he hurt his sister in the process. Just as the younger twin had said, none of them were safe in a town like this- especially not whilst Klaus was still living within it.

✧✦✧✦✧

A little while later, Caroline entered through the back door, her eyes narrowing on her boyfriend as she quickly spots him sat at the kitchen table with a drink in his hand as he glared in the direction of the living room. "You're still here? What are you doing?" Caroline snapped as she walked closer to the hybrid with an incredulous expression on her face, "gloating," Tyler replied with a smile as he poured himself another drink, earning a scoff from the vampire in response.

Hearing the sound of her ex-best friends voice, Thea made her way into the kitchen as Klaus emerged from the living room, getting as close as he could before the barrier stopped him with a smirk on his face. "Hello, Caroline," the original greeted, earning a glare from the blonde vampire before she turned her attention back on to Tyler, "come home. Don't stoop to his level," she pleaded with the Lockwood hybrid causing him to scoff in response. "He destroyed my life. I plan on being present for every second of his misery until I can kill himself," Tyler retorted earning a glare from his younger sister as she moved closer to her soulmate.

"You destroyed your own life," Thea corrected with narrowed eyes, "and I warned you before- you come for him and I will kill you myself. Do not test me, Ty," the brunette warned as her eyes flashed golden at him causing the hybrid to frown. The twins had rarely fought in all their life, and had always been by each other's side throughout everything. And now, here Thea was, threatening him whilst she stood loyally by the man that had single-handedly ruined their lives.

Tyler had never been so hurt and angry in his life, but part of him knew that this was all his fault. "Tyler's hybrid friends are dead. So is my brother. We're even," Klaus stated, dragging the attention back to him as he turned to look at Caroline, "call Bonnie. Get her to let me out of here," the original demanded causing the blonde vampire to scowl at him. "I will never, ever, help you," the blonde seethed earing a fiery glare from the hybrid in return.

"How quickly you forget the part where I saved Tyler from the misery of being a werewolf. Or the night your mother invited me into her home to save the life of her precious daughter," Klaus sneered causing Caroline to scoff. "How delusional are you? You killed his pack. And let's not forget that we're standing in a house where Elena's aunt Jenna used to live. Or did you think that your charm would make us forget how you killed her too? You know what? No. I am not going to engage in this. You are not even worth the calories I burn talking to you," Caroline spat in hatred causing Thea to growl from beside her soulmate.

Before any of them had the chance to react, Thea quickly picked up a floor-lamp from beside her, before throwing it towards Caroline- impaling her, just as Klaus swung her around into his side of the magical barrier and swiftly bit into her neck. "Now, that was definitely worth the calories," the brunette mused with a devious smirk as Caroline fell to the floor in a heap, holding onto her neck as the werewolf venom began to mix with her blood.

✧✦✧✦✧

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" Caroline cried as Tyler picked her up and laid her on one of the couches in the living room as Thea and Klaus watched from the other couch, the former rolling her eyes at her ex-best friend's dramatics. The wolf wouldn't let her die- no matter how hurt she was currently with her friends, unlike them she wasn't completely cold and heartless and wouldn't ever allow Klaus to kill them. She just wanted to shake them up, show them just how much they'd hurt her.

It was selfish and cold, and if the current circumstances had been different, Thea would've been disgusted with her actions. But as of right now, she didn't care at all. They had finally pushed her too far, and she wanted to cause them pain- just as they had done to her. "Hey, hey. Look at me," Tyler soothed, attempting to calm the vampire down as he placed his hands on her shoulders, "I can fix this," the hybrid promised causing Thea to chuckle from her seat.

Tyler and Caroline both shifted their gazes to the brunette pleadingly, "not without Klaus' blood you can't, and something tells me he's not in the mood to share," the wolf mused as Klaus smirked from beside her. The elder twin glared at the brunette desperately, hoping that he could get through to her and persuade her to help her friend, "please T. She'll die if he doesn't heal her," the hybrid pleaded desperately. In reply, Thea simply shrugged with a blank expression as she looked between her brother and the blonde, "okay," the brunette replied in disinterest.

Tyler shook his head at the younger twin in disgust, as Klaus smirked down at the brunette before biting into his wrist and holding it out to the anxious couple in front of him. "Beg me to save her life," the original taunted causing Thea to chuckle silently as Tyler narrowed his eyes at the hybrid. "Is that what you want? To remind me that I'm powerless against you?" the Lockwood hybrid spat as he walked closer to the soulmates, "fine. You win. I'm nothing, now save her. Please," Tyler begged the pair desperately.

Thea turned to look at Klaus with a teasing smirk as the original mimicked her effortlessly before turning back to face Tyler, "I'm sorry, mate. I didn't quite catch that," Klaus taunted causing Tyler to scowl in annoyance. "Please," the Lockwood teen repeated, clenching his jaw as Klaus grinned at him, "please...?" the hybrid trailed mockingly earning another chuckle from Thea. "Please save her life," Tyler spoke firmly, his tone frustrated and angry though Thea could see the fear shining through his eyes.

Fear of losing the one he loved. And whilst it shouldn't have brought her any pleasure to see her brother in such a state- she was glad he finally understood a slither of the pain she felt every time he or their friends tried to kill her soulmate. And she relished in the fact that he was hurting, because why should she hurt alone. "See, now I think you're just telling him what he wants to hear. I mean, you did call him pathetic earlier," Thea mocked earning another smirk from Klaus as Tyler inhaled deeply in anger.

"And wouldn't it be more pathetic of me to help now, knowing that mere days ago, you were plotting ways to kill me in a manner of which you wanted to have a certain amount of flair? I'm just asking," Klaus mused, continuing the wolf's sentence as Tyler clenched his jaw. "I'll be your slave again. I'll do whatever you want. Just help her," the hybrid pleaded desperately causing Thea to shift her gaze to the floor in guilt. Hearing the fear and sadness in her brother's tone made her heart ache, because as much as she wished to teach him a lesson and willed herself to hate him, he was still her brother. Her twin.

It wasn't within her nature to be cruel and vicious. She had an attitude and poor temperament, yes. But Thea Lockwood was compassionate and forgiving and loyal. Her kind heart made it hard for her to ever truly hate or cause harm to anyone. But they had broken her. This town had broken her. Damaged her spirit so completely that she was willing to let her best friend of 16 years die. Caroline had been there for the girl throughout all the hardships in her life. From the age of 2 they had been glued to each-others sides.

And here they both were now- so completely pulled a part because of all the supernatural drama that managed to weasel its way between them. She didn't blame the blonde for hating Klaus- how could she after everything he had done to them, but she blamed the blonde for not trusting that Thea knew what was best for herself. She loved Klaus, and her friends tried to take him away from her. Multiple times. And each time she tried to find a reason behind it, too scared to let go of the people she considered her family.

She didn't want to lose her friends, and so she let them walk all over her and get away with anything. But she couldn't do that anymore. She wouldn't allow herself to be caused so much pain by the very people she loved dearly. They turned on her, used her life as a bargaining chip all because she fell in love. And it shattered her, so completely that she wanted to bring them pain. "No," Thea denied coldly as she looked up at her brother with a look of defiance in her eyes.

She wasn't going to cave. She wasn't going to beg Klaus to save her friend. The wolf wasn't going to let her die, but she wanted them to be taught a lesson, and she was going to stand by herself for once and not let her heart get in the way. Tyler and Caroline's faces' both fell as they both looked at the brunette in shock, almost expecting her to cave and help her friend. But she didn't. And she wouldn't, not anymore. She was done bending herself over backwards for everyone but herself- it was about time people started to realise the consequences of their actions.

"Get me out of here," Caroline croaked after a few seconds of silence, setting a fixated glare on the brunette teen across from her, "I can't even look at her," the blonde muttered in disappointment. Tyler didn't hesitate, scooping the blonde in his arms before leaving the house as tears began to well in the younger Lockwood's eyes. As soon as she heard the door slam shut, Thea broke down in sobs, completely disgusted by the way she had been acting this last couple of days- it wasn't her.

She felt suffocated by the pain this town brought, and she wanted nothing more than to get out. To have a fresh start away from everyone she knew. She needed to find herself again, and she couldn't do that here. This town wouldn't allow her to. Which is why the wolf pledged that as soon as she got out of here, she would apply for those colleges she found- she would leave Mystic Falls for good. There was nothing here for her anymore, not her friends. Not Klaus.

Whilst Thea had forgiven him, and was currently sat comforting him now whilst he was locked in the Gilbert's house, she knew there was no way the pair could ever go back to how they were. Maybe one day, when they had both grown, but as of right now- she couldn't handle it. She felt too suffocated, like she couldn't breathe in the life she was living- she needed to be free. To live by herself, away from everyone and remember who she once was before she could ever love anyone else again. She loved Klaus, more than anyone she had ever loved before, but she couldn't go back to making the same mistakes without learning.

Their love was magical, and passionate and true- but there was an underlying toxicity to it. They loved each other far too hard and deep, so much that they burnt themselves out. They needed to be with each other constantly, just so they could breathe and properly function. Thea didn't know who she was without Klaus, and she didn't like the person she turned into when she was without him. She needed a fresh start, maybe then they could reconnect and be more powerful than they ever were.

But for now, whilst she was still here, she would allow him to wrap his strong arms around her and comfort her just like old times. She would bathe in his love and his warmth and reciprocate it. Because they both knew they were damaged and broken and living on borrowed time. And they were going to savour every last second they had with each other. Because no matter what, they would always be soulmates. They would always have a deep love for each other. Because it was him and her, always and forever.

✧✦✧✦✧

Thea was lounged on the Gilbert's couch as Klaus stood near the entrance of the kitchen, both silent and both staring at the covered corpse of Kol Mikaelson. In the short time that Thea had known the wildest Mikaelson, she couldn't help but to adore him. His recklessness, his desire to live life how he wanted- by his rules and nobody else's. Sure, she didn't always agree with the things he did and the way he acted- but Kol was always unapologetically himself and she was envious of that. He was like a brother to her, and he reminded her of how she and Tyler used to be before all of the supernatural drama turned their lives upside down.

Her heart ached for her soulmate as she watched him stare sadly at his brother's corpse, knowing that if she'd have lost Tyler the same way he had lost Kol, she'd have been completely uncontrollable- even if the two were in the middle of a spat. Whilst the Mikaelson siblings argued the majority of the time, and didn't necessarily always treat each other like a family should- there was no stronger sibling bond. They loved each other- they had for a thousand years, and now two of them were dead, three if you count little Henrik. And the wolf's blood boiled at the fact her friends left him trapped in the same house as his younger brother's burnt corpse- tormented and pained by the sight.

Standing from the couch, Thea walked over to place a comforting hand on the hybrids arm, successfully tearing his attention away from his brother's dead body. "I'm sorry about Kol. He never deserved this," the wolf stated sadly as Klaus turned his gaze to look down at her, a stray tear running down his cheek. "Kol was reckless and untameable. I'm surprised his behaviour didn't get him killed sooner," the hybrid responded emotionlessly, earning a sigh from Thea in response. "Don't do this, Nik. Don't push your feelings away. It's alright to show that you care, that you're upset or angry. Don't push me away," the wolf pleaded causing the original to scoff.

"Oh, I am angry, love. And I can assure you your friends will pay for what they've done," Klaus retorted angrily as his eyes narrowed, earning another desperate sigh from the wolf as she grabbed a hold of his hands. "Killing them won't bring Kol back. It won't take away your pain," Thea told him honestly as she attempted to persuade him not to kill her friends causing Klaus to scoff once again, "how is it that you still defend and wish to save them after all they've put you through?" the hybrid snapped, narrowing his eyes at the brunette in front of him.

Thea sighed sadly, shrugging her shoulders as she thought about his words, "because that's who I am? Because I can't for the life of me find it within myself to hate them. They were all I had for the longest time, and even in spite of all the damage they've caused- part of me still wants to cling to what I've always known. And no matter how much I want them to suffer for what they've done, I can't- it's not me. I'm bigger than that, and I won't stoop to their level," the brunette stated firmly.

"It's not always easy to forgive and forget, but it's easier than carrying around the burdening desire for revenge and retaliation- because in the end it will get you nowhere. Mistakes happen, and whilst we can't change them, we can hope to grow from them- and I only hope they grow from theirs. Forgiving them doesn't make me weak, it proves my strength. When you forgive you heal and when you let go, you grow, and you learn and you become less gullible to their lies and tricks," the wolf continued as Klaus gazed at her in awe, truly believing the girl was far too pure for this world.

"Life is too short to hold grudges, and why should I burden myself with trying to make them suffer for what they've done when I can be out living my life for myself? I deserve peace and happiness, so yes, I have forgiven them and will continue to defend them even in spite of what they've done, because at one point they were all the joy and happiness I knew," Thea finished, tears gathering in her eyes as she thought about all the broken relationships she now had. She knew there was never going to be a way to fully amend them, they were much too broken- she was much too broken, at this point. But she hoped there was a way for them all to move past it.

The Lockwood teen didn't want any split-ends when she eventually left town. She wanted to apologise and forgive so she could move on. She owed it to herself. "And me, have you forgiven me?" Klaus asked with a hopeful grin as he held on to the wolfs tiny hands causing the brunette to chuckle, "truth is Nik, I think I forgave you the second I saw you in the school car park the other day. But I can't go back to how we once were," Thea told him with a sad smile causing the hybrid to frown as he nodded his head, pulling his hands out of the teens grip and turning away from her causing her to sigh.

"I love you, Nik. I probably always will. But we need to learn to live and grow without each other. I don't even know who I am without you, and that scares me. I got so caught up in the whirlwind of our love that I lost myself along the way. I hate the person I become when I'm not by your side, and I need to find myself again before I can even think about jumping right back to where we left off," the wolf tried to explain as tears began to gather in her eyes at the sight of the defeated look on her soulmates face.

"We can't continue to go round in circles, making the same mistakes and unintentionally hurting each other. We owe ourselves more than that," Thea finished grabbing a hold of the hybrid's hands once again as she looked deeply into his eyes. Klaus nodded his head in agreement, knowing what the wolf was saying was the truth- they needed time. Time to grow, to learn. But that didn't mean he was just going to let her go. She was his as he was hers, always and forever.

Before Klaus had the chance to reply, Tyler entered the house once again causing the original to scowl in annoyance as Thea chuckled slightly under her breath. "You want to be in control? Here. Now you get to be in control of her life. If you want her to die, fine. But then you can sit here and watch her die yourself," he elder Lockwood spat in his sister's direction as he laid Caroline down on the couch in front of her, causing the brunette to turn away in guilt.

Tyler nodded once as the two soulmates refused to speak before storming back out of the house, leaving Caroline breathing heavily in front of them. Thea had wanted her friend to feel pain, but after seeing her this way she was instantly regretting her decision. She'd just spouted a load of crap to Klaus about forgiveness and here she was, watching as her friend took shallow breaths on the verge of death as the werewolf venom in her system began to poison her blood. She was no better than them.

"If you don't feed my your blood, I'll die," Caroline spoke, her breathing heavy as she looked at the hybrid and the wolf pleadingly causing Thea to avert her gaze towards the floor in guilt. She couldn't bear to see her friend in this state, knowing it was partly her fault why she was currently like it. "Then you'll die, and Tyler will have learned his lesson the hard way," Klaus replied coldly as he glared at the vampire causing Thea's head to shoot towards him with a look of fear on her face.

"Nik please. Help her," the brunette begged her soulmate as Caroline's breath began to become even more shallow, forcing the wolf to realise she'd gone too far in her search for revenge. She was disgusted with how she had acted- and whilst she didn't intend for it to go this far, she couldn't deny that the reason her friend's life was currently on the edge was partly because of her. She needed to help her, she wouldn't be able to live with the guilt if Caroline was to die at her hands. Klaus pursed his lips as he turned away from the wolf causing her face to fall, not knowing how far he was willing to go to get revenge on her brother- was he really going to ket her best friend die?

"How could you do this to him? To me, to Thea?" Caroline rasped as she attempted to sit up on the couch, coughing as she moved causing Thea to rush to her side to help her. Klaus kept his hard gaze in front of him as he replied, "I'm a thousand years old. Call it boredom," the hybrid remarked as Thea helped Caroline move herself on the couch. The blonde vampire shook her head slightly, though her action was barely noticeable as she didn't have much energy left, "I don't believe you," the vampire denied, her voice weak causing Thea to panic, knowing her friends time was running short.

"Fine," Klaus replied, "then maybe it's because I'm pure evil and I can't help myself," the hybrid retorted with an eye roll causing the blonde to shake her head once again. "No," she protested, "it's because you were hurt. Which means that there is a part of you that is human," the blonde croaked as Klaus cocked his head at her words, walking into the room and taking a seat on the table in front of her and Thea. "How could you possibly think that?" the original asked with an incredulous expression causing the blonde to smile slightly.

"Because I've seen it," Caroline replied, sparing a glance at her brunette friend as she gripped her hand tightly before turning to look at the hybrid again, "because I've seen the way you look at her, the way you act around her. I know you're in love with Thea, and it isn't just because you were soulmates. And anybody capable of love is capable of being saved," the blonde stated as she took a painful breath causing tears to fall freely down the brunette's cheeks as Klaus looked down at her, tears glistening in his own eyes as the blonde's words hit him deeply.

"You're hallucinating," Klaus mumbled, looking away from the pair as an irritating feeling of guilt began to spread throughout his body. Caroline smiled weakly as she turned her gaze to look at Thea, both girls crying silently as they looked at each other sorrowfully, "then at least I'll go knowing that my best friend has finally found the love and happiness she deserves. I'm so sorry for everything, T. You've always been there for me, and instead of trusting you and standing by you like a best friend, I hurt you more than anyone ever could. You're my best friend and I hurt you," the vampire cried in guilt causing Thea to cry harder as she gripped the blonde's hand tighter.

"I'm so sorry Care. I never wanted to hurt you, I never meant for this to happen," the wolf cried as Caroline's breathing became weaker and more erratic causing the brunette to panic, "Caroline? Caroline?" she called desperately before turning to Klaus pleadingly. "Nik, please," Thea sniffled desperately as she looked up at him with a pleading expression, not wanting her oldest friend to die. The original looked down at her for a short moment before biting into his wrist and holding it to the blonde vampire's mouth, allowing his blood to trickle down her throat.

As her skin began to regain colour and her hands came up to grip Klaus' wrist, Thea let out a sigh of relief knowing her friend would be fine. The wolf wished she didn't care- wished she could just flip a switch and turn off the part of her that cared too much, but she couldn't. That's just who she was- the girl that forgave, and loved and wore her heart on her sleeve. And as much as she tried to hate the people that had hurt her, she couldn't. She would forgive them, yes, and she would let it go- but she'd never be able to trust them completely again, the walls she built already guarding her much too fiercely for anyone to break again.

✧✦✧✦✧

After making sure Caroline was alright, Thea drifted off to sleep on the Gilbert's couch as lack of sleep finally caught up to her. Her rest didn't last very long however before she was awoken once again by the sound of the door slamming open, Caroline and Tyler both entering, the former with a laptop in her hands as Tyler held a blanket with something wrapped in it. "Well if it isn't little packless Lockwood. Come to show how laughable impotent you are against me?" Klaus teased with a smirk as he sat on the coffee table besides Thea.

"I'm just trying to help my friends find the cure," Tyler responded with a smirk of his own as he pulled the sword from the blanket, "found this in your attic," the hybrid mused as Caroline took a seat at the kitchen table. Klaus cocked his head to the side, "and you think the sword brings you closer to the cure?" the original mused causing Tyler's smirk to broaden. "You tell me," the Lockwood shot back, "I was playing around with the handle on the ride over, and found this," he spoke as he unclasped the leather cover from the hilt, revealing some sort of turning device causing Thea to frown in confusion.

Klaus stood from his seat, walking closer to Tyler with the same taunting smirk on his face, "and what do you think this is?" he mused just as Caroline walked to stand by the side of her boyfriend. "It's called a cryptex," the blonde chimed causing Tyler to look at her in incredulity, "I've seen the Da Vinci Code," the vampire defended, earning a small chuckle from the brunette on the couch as she watched them all. "You turn the different sides to the different symbols to get the translation on the other side. And with the magic of the internet, Elena sent over these," she revealed before walking back over to the kitchen table and holding up the pictures they had printed of Jeremy's tattoo.

"So now all we have to do is cryptex away," Caroline grinned smugly as she sat back down in her previous spot, "if you happened to want to help, we wouldn't stop you," the vampire muttered as she looked towards the hybrid who nodded with his own smug smirk. "Right. Well, might I suggest using the magic of the internet to purchase an Aramaic-to-English dictionary from your nearest retailer," Klaus mocked tauntingly causing Thea's eyes to furrow as she stood from the couch, walking to stand by the side of the hybrid as she heard the familiar name of the language.

"What's Aramaic," Tyler questioned as he looked towards Caroline with furrowed eyebrows, "it's a dead language. It hasn't been used since like, biblical times," Thea answered as she came to a stop next to Klaus causing Tyler to look at her in surprise. "Qetsiyah's native tongue, I'm guessing," Klaus replied with an amused smirk causing Caroline to clench her jaw in frustration, "you know, even if you had the best dictionary in the world, it could take days to translate," he informed them as he returned back to his seat on the coffee table.

"Perhaps weeks. In bas so-teen-too ara-ma-eet," Klaus taunted before looking back at Thea, the two sharing a devious smirk. The wolf had learnt a little Aramaic when she got bored one day- the term was used in a season of American Horror Story and the wolf was curious so she decided to learn the language. She didn't know much considering it wasn't really taught within the modern day, but she knew enough. "What does that mean?" Caroline questioned as she glanced at the two soulmates wearily, noticing their shared look.

Thea turned to look at the couple in front of her with a smug smirk, "if only you spoke Aramaic."

✧✦✧✦✧

What would've taken weeks, only took a few hours with the help of Klaus and Thea and now, all of the symbols on Jeremy's tattoo had been successfully translated. The kitchen table was littered with pictures of Aramaic symbols and printed out pictures of Jeremy's tattoo, making Thea's head spin. She would be glad when all this drama was finally over and everyone could move on. She'd had enough supernatural drama to last her a life-time and she wanted nothing more than to leave it all behind her.

"Okay, this is it," Caroline sighed, "we've translated all the symbols on the tattoo. Passage inside," she read as she started picking up different pages, "requires a young senator...and a pretty flower. Okay, none of this makes sense!" the blonde exclaimed, throwing the papers on the table angrily. Thea would've found the situation laughable if they hadn't spent so long trying to translate the stupid symbols. She was running on a lack of sleep and she was starving, having not eaten anything properly in days.

Klaus spoke a line in Aramaic before translating it into English with a grin, "requires a powerful witch and a hunter in full bloom," the original corrected causing Tyler to narrow his eyes at him, not knowing what game he was playing by helping them. "What are you doing?" the Lockwood asked sceptically with a raised eyebrow causing Klaus to grin, "I don't need to tell you my reasons," he replied before turning his attention to the younger twin, "Thea, bring my sword over here."

Thea nodded, standing from the kitchen table and walking towards Klaus with the sword in her hands- standing close enough to him so that he could read the cryptex. "Silas rests on the far side, the means of his destruction at hand," the hybrid reads before glancing at the pictures of Jeremy's tattoo from the laptop on the coffee table. "Turn the cryptex to the right," Klaus instructed as Thea did as he said, "stop. The top of the hilt reveals a key to a nautical map. Turn it to the left," he told her, watching as the brunette nodded before turning it. "Now turn the other piece," he told her, Thea nodded once again before looking down at the sword with a confused expression, noticing the symbols on the cryptex.

"There's something else," Klaus muttered before reading out the cryptex, a grin overtaking his features as he translated it in his head before looking at the wolf in front of her. Thea smiled up at Klaus as realisation suddenly hit her- realising what made this cure so special and why everyone was fighting to get their hands on it. There was only one. And whilst that meant it was a wasted trip for the majority of the people who had currently travelled to that island, it also meant that Rebekah had the chance at finally getting what she desired, and nothing made the wolf happier.

Rebekah deserved all the happiness in the world after everything she had been through. And if being human made her happy, then that's all Thea wanted for her. And with the smirk on Klaus' face, Thea could tell he thought the same thing. "What does it mean?" Caroline questioned, growing agitated as she noticed the shared look between the two soulmates, "what does it mean?" she demanded, only earning smirks from the soulmates in response.

~

"Hello?" Rebekah's voice answered through the phone causing a beaming smile to find its way on to the Lockwood wolf's face, thankful that her best friend was safe. "Hey, it's Caroline. We have the translation of the tattoo. We're emailing you pictures of the map and instructions right now," Caroline greeted immediately as Tyler tapped on a few keys on the laptop, sending the original the map. "Got it, thanks," Rebekah replied with a clipped tone causing Thea to chuckle slightly.

"Actually, it was me," Klaus cut in causing Thea to scoff from the side of him, "and me," she added, smiling brightly when she heard the blonde chuckle on the other end of the line. "Tia, how I have missed the sound of your voice," Rebekah responded with a sigh of relief, knowing her friend was safe and sounded at least a little happier than she had days prior, "I guess it should be you I thank for getting Nik to help," she laughed causing Thea to chuckle as Klaus rolled his eyes.

"You sound so surprised little sister," the hybrid mused as grinned at the phone earning a scoff from the youngest Mikaelson in response. "Shouldn't I be? I mean, you don't want me to be human. You don't want any of us to be human," Rebekah spat bitterly, "why would you help us find the cure?" Caroline and Tyler both looked towards the hybrid curiously, not knowing themselves why Klaus decided to help. But Thea did, and she knew it all along. No matter how much Klaus tormented and refused to show it, he truly did love his little sister- and he had only ever wanted what was best for her.

Maybe he had taken it too far at some points- but he was only looking out for her, and he was learning. Thea made him want to be better, and now that they were no longer together- he wanted to show her that he could be the man she knew deep down he was. She didn't want him to change, she loved him for him- but she wanted him to realise the consequences his actions held, and he would do that if it meant he could get her back. He would learn, and he would grow and he would show her just how worthy he was of her love. And that growth started with the repairing of his relationship with Rebekah.

"Maybe I finally realised the longer I stand in the way of what you want, the longer you'll continue to hate me," Klaus spoke softly, pausing to smile down at Thea with a thankful smile- her words from earlier really resonating within him, "perhaps I want my sister to finally know happiness." Thea chuckled as she could practically hear Rebekah's scowl through the phone at her brother's reply, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me a hundred times-" the blonde hissed before she was cut off.

"No more fooling," Klaus promised with a serious tone, "no more games. I hope you get to live and die as you wish," the hybrid told her sincerely causing Rebekah to pause for a moment on the other end of the line as his words sunk in. "So do I," the blonde original muttered, just as Thea shifted her gaze to look Klaus in the eyes, both of them nodding discreetly before the brunette turned her attention back to the phone, "Bekah, there's one more thing," Thea spoke hastily, causing Caroline and Tyler to both gaze at her in confusion.

"There is only one dose of the cure. You need to find it first and take it. It's the only way you'lll-" Klaus added quickly before Tyler rushed to end the call, glaring at the soulmates angrily as they both smirked back. Thea may have wished to turn a new leaf over with her friends and move on, but Rebekah deserved the cure far more than they did. And she would lay down her life to ensure she got it.

✧✦✧✦✧

"You can't kill Tyler," Thea told her soulmate softly as sat on the coffee table in front of him as he lounged in the arm-chair in the Gilbert's living room. "Not only can I, I have to. I have a reputation to uphold. Moreover, I want to," the hybrid mused as he leaned his arms on his legs, leaning closer to the brunette causing her to sigh sadly in frustration. "I'm not asking you to forgive him. All I'm asking is that you let him live, somewhere far from here," the wolf pleaded, not wanting her brother to die.

Not budging Klaus shook his head, "so he gets to live a happy life after he turned all my hybrids against me, after he tried to kill me, after he made it his life's mission to find the cure so he could use it against me," the hybrid spat, looking up at the wolf in incredulity. "I mean, I wouldn't exactly call it a happy life having to leave his friends and his family behind as he lived the rest of his immortal life on the run from you, but sure," the brunette mocked slightly earning a scoff from the hybrid as he turned away from her.

"Nik, please. You know how much I love Tyler. You can see how scared I am to lose him. Prove to me that you're the man I know you are deep down. Show me your compassion. Show him the mercy that I've shown you countless times," Thea begged her soulmate desperately causing Klaus' scowl to drop as her words sunk in. He was hurting her again. Something he always ended up doing, no matter how desperately he tried not to.

But he wouldn't any longer. And if it was her brother's freedom she wanted in return for giving him a second chance, then he would happily grant it for her. "Mercy? For Tyler? Very well. Tell him to leave town immediately and to hide in a place I will never find him," Klaus told her as he stood from the arm chair and walked closer to the wolf, "tell him that this is the mercy I extended for your sake, and he better not make me regret it," the original finished causing Thea to beam brightly up at him.

"Thank you, Nik," the younger Lockwood twin grinned as tears began to gather in her eyes, knowing her brother was going to be safe. They may have been on the outs, and she may not have fully forgiven him for what he had done to her and Klaus- but she couldn't leave town knowing her brother wasn't safe. He was her twin. No matter how much they argued and fought, they were a part of each other. And Thea feared that if he were to die, she'd die right alongside him.

Klaus nodded as he looked down at the brunette, "I only hope you take this as proof that I am still the man you first fell for. That I can do better. That I can be better. You're all I've ever wanted Thea Lockwood, and I won't stop until I've made up for every single thing I've done. You're mine. Always and forever," the hybrid promised, planting a sweet kiss on the wolf's lips before speeding out of the house as Bonnie's spell wore off.

Thea smiled at the place he once stood. A giddy feeling overtaking her as her heart began to pound erratically in her chest. No matter how many times she and Klaus kissed, it always felt like the first time- butterflies erupting in her stomach as she turned into a giggling teenager. She was hopelessly lovestruck, and she feared she'd never be able to move on from him- and she never wanted to. As he said, she was his and he was hers. And whilst she still stood by her word that they needed time a part- she knew they would always find their way back to each other.

Because their love was truly one of a kind. With that as her last thought, Thea made her way out of the Gilbert's front door, finding Tyler sat on the porch waiting for her. With a sigh, Thea sat down next to him causing Tyler to look across at her with a sorrowful expression, "thank you, T. For persuading him to spare me," the elder twin muttered gratefully, sighing as Thea remained silent, not even sparing him a glance.

"This is all my fault. I unsired the hybrids and turned them on Klaus. I should've just left it alone," Tyler spoke, his town regretful as he turned his focus on the road in front of him. "You should," Thea agreed as she nodded her head, "but you freed them, Tyler. You gave them back their lives. And while I wish you'd have left it at that and not come after my boyfriend and consequently ruined my life- I am still proud of you for helping them," the brunette stated, causing the hybrid to wince.

"I'm so sorry for hurting you, T. I never meant any of this," Tyler cried as he looked back at his younger sister, tears gathering in his eyes, "I know. And I never meant to hurt you by falling in love with Klaus. But I won't apologise for it- he's the best thing that ever happened to me, I'm just sorry you couldn't see that," Thea replied weakly as tears gathered in her own eyes. The twins sat in silence for a few minutes, both savouring the time they had together- knowing it was going to be one of the last moments they had with each other for a long time.

"I don't think I can do this, Ty. I'm not strong enough to say goodbye," Thea cried as she turned to face her older brother as tears streamed down her face. No matter what pain he had caused her in the past, he was her twin- and she would always love him, regardless of what he did. He was her family- her other half. They had never been without each other, for too long anyway, and Thea didn't think she was strong enough to cope without him.

Tyler looked at her, chuckling slightly, "are you kidding me, T? You're the strongest person I know. Besides, this isn't a goodbye. I'll always be with you, every step of the way. Someone has to make sure you're not ruining your life too much and hold your hand when you get scared of the dark," he mused sadly causing Thea to chuckle through her tears.

Smiling Up at her brother Thea nodded her head, letting him know it was alright for him to go, "be safe," she warned with a sad smile causing the hybrid to nod. "Always. I'll be seeing you, T," Tyler sniffled, tears streaming down his cheeks as he placed a comforting kiss on the younger twins forehead before speeding away from her. "I'll be seeing you, Ty," Thea whispered into the air as she sobbed to herself on the porch of the Gilbert's house.

✧✦✧✦✧

very, very long chapter- and i'm sorry if its choppy or repetitive or if some of you hate me for making Thea forgive them AGAIN- but that's just who she is, so deal with it.

plus, she's leaving soon and i'm trying to tie off loose ends before she does so that she can have the fresh start she deserves.

so yeah, sorry if this chapter is a little all over the place, but i just really hate writing season 4- its the one season of the vampire diaries that truly bored me, lmao.

thank you for reading, commenting and voting- your support means the world! only 4 chapters left until its complete and i have never been more excited!

-K.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

87.8K 2.1K 20
𝑼𝑵𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑮𝑬𝑻𝑻𝑨𝑩𝑳𝑬, 𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐙𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍. ☆༄ Iɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ Sᴛᴇғᴀɴ Sᴀʟᴠᴀᴛᴏʀᴇ's ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs Kʟᴀᴜs Mɪᴋᴀᴇʟsᴏɴ's ᴛᴡɪɴ sɪsᴛᴇʀ. Kᴀʀᴀ...
3.1K 110 7
- 𝗜𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗻 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗵𝗶𝗺 𝗢𝗥 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗪𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗵 𝗿𝗮𝗻 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝘂𝘀𝗯𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝗵𝗲 �...
Secrets /1/ TVD Hi द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

642K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...
8.2K 307 13
𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐁𝐀𝐓, 𝐈'𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐁𝐀𝐓. ↢✩✩✩↣ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝗃𝗈𝗌𝖾𝗉𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝖺𝗅𝗍𝗓𝗆𝖺𝗇'𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖾�...