I need you. |severus snape|

By imaginaryxworld

NEED /nฤ“d/ verb require (something) because it is essential or very imp... More

Prologue: Manda.
1. Familiar faces, unknown places.
2: Special Delivery.
3. Hogwarts
4. More faces
5: Friendship
6: The boy who lived.
7: First Names
8: First Task
9: Dance preparation.
10. An unlikely question
11. Amanda's Dress
12. The ball.
13. The Dance
14. Second Task
15: Rather Frightening
16: An explanation.
17: Unexpected comfort
18: Barty Crouch Jr.
19: Loss.
20: Amare
21: An entirely new era
22: The toad.
24: Approval
25: Possibility
26: More memories
27: Confession
28: The twins.
29: Wondering
30: Him.
31: Summer
32: The vow.
33: Pureblood
34: A peculiar question.
35: A realization
36: Slug Club
37: Lacrimae
38: Bell.
39: Our reality.
40: An alternative
41: Six months and zero days.
42: The party.
43: Cruciatus
44: Promises.
book update!!!

23: Nuisance

3.3K 106 48
By imaginaryxworld

Severus had avoided Ingrid since that night, barely speaking to her..and avoiding all contact in general.

She didn't know what she had been expecting, of course Dumbledore put an end to it. He was the Headmaster, and coworkers weren't supposed to have relationships within the workplace.

Dolores had seemed to be taking over the school, now posting new rules in the corridor by the greathall. Ingrid hated them, thinking they where too extreme..especially for a school of teenagers.

However, Dolores still acted as if they where best friends. Ingrid had begun to shut her down often, which made her hate Ingrid to all description. She was a cruel and vile woman, and Ingrid despised her for it.

Severus had acted as if Ingrid never knew him, as if nothing had happened. Returning to his emotionless aura, an aura that Ingrid hated.

She was heartbroken, but had to remain strong. The students needed a teacher, especially since Dolores refused to play the roll.

She knew how the students weren't being taught the correct things, but figured Dumbledore would do something about it.

Ingrid's lessons where going very nicely, students where preparing for the Muggle theory O.W.L.S. She gave them every resource they needed to pass, along with notes and quizzes every so often.

There was no doubt in her mind that they'd do terrifically, she even succeeded in getting the Weasley twins to be interested in her class. The Weasleys frequently asked questions, they'd always blame the questions on their father, but Ingrid knew they where actually their questions.

Or where they?

Everything was orderly, at least...until Dolores came in with a Ministry clipboard. Right in the middle of Ingrid giving instructions..

The hell is she doing here?

Ingrid ignored her, continuing to teach. But soon the toad like woman cleared her throat, directing the entires class towards her.

"Good afternoon Ingrid. I see your teaching the students about a....big box!"
She chirped, gesturing to the large washing machine in the front of the classroom.

Ingrid nodded, wishing she could just continue to teach in peace.

"Oh yes, this is a washing machine. It washes Muggle clothing, without the aid of magic of course. Would you like to see?"
She asked, placing her hand on top of it.

"Hah! No. Quite a fascinating subject, could you tell me something about Muggle jobs?"

Ingrid lowered her eyebrows, before crossing away from the machine and sitting on her desk.

"Well. They work the same way as ours do, except they are different. For example, instead of Ministry jobs..you have the simple job of working at a chip store!"
The classroom giggled, Dolores's eyebrows lowered as she promptly smiled in return.

"Well maybe you should consider looking into a job such as that, seeming that you will not be staying here for much longer!"
She giggled and checked off something on her clipboard, the class oo'ed and turned back to Ingrid.

This illfaced toad, she think she can come into THIS school and mess with ITS students.

Ingrid crossed her legs, shrugging slightly.

"Oh please keep talking Dolores! Maybe you'll say something intelligent."

The students gasped, Dolores's mouth gaping wide open. Ingrid shrugged again and climbed off of her desk, beginning to teach again.

Dolores stormed out of the classroom eventually, Ingrid smiled. Satisfied with herself..

The rest of the day went accordingly, that was until Severus appeared suddenly in Ingrid's doorway.

Ingrid placed down her quill, looking up at him in confusion. He was out of breath and slumped against the frame.

"Severus? Are you alright-?"

"Sybill...she's firing Sybill...."
He breathed, Ingrid's eyebrows lowered as she ran towards him and out of the door.

He followed quickly after her, she slowed down so he could catch up.

"Who does this woman think she is?"
Ingrid asked, rushing down the first flight of stairs in the gigantic stairwell.

"Clearly something. If she's firing one of hogwarts's most respected professors."

They ran through the corridor and into the courtyard, students where gathered around. Severus and Ingrid pushes through to get a good look at what was going on...Sybil Trelawney and Dolores standing in the center, Ingrid stood in shock for a moment. Before Minerva brushed past her to get to the troubled professor.

Ingrid shook her head and followed after, Minerva held Sybil as Ingrid lightly patted her shoulder.

"Something you'd like to say dear?"
Dolores asked, smiling wickedly.

"There are several things that I would like to say!"
Minerva replied, her and Ingrid continuing to console Sybil.

Suddenly, the doors to the grand staircase flung open. Dumbledore walking furiously out, Ingrid lowered her eyebrows..hoping he would do something about the entire thing.

"Professor Felicity, McGonagall...might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside."
He asked, politely approaching the toad like woman.

Sybil smiles and thanked the man, Minerva walking her calmly away. Ingrid grabbed two of her trunks-but they where quickly pulled away from her by Severus, who took them..leaving Ingrid to take the last one.

Ingrid stood behind Dumbledore for a moment, just listening to him scold the imbecile of a woman.

Ingrid followed after Sybil, Minerva and Severus. They gathered in the classroom, placing the trunks back where they belonged. Sybil frantically thanked them, Ingrid simply nodding her head modestly.

They left the room, Minerva complaining to Severus and Ingrid.

"I'm not sure who that woman thinks she is! Just because she works for the ministry, does not give her the right to harm the children..or us.."
Ingrid nodded in agreement, Severus chimed in.

"This afternoon, she came in to interrogate me about the dark arts post. It was quite irritating."

Ingrid lowered her eyebrows.

"She came to question my authority of a teacher, she threatened to take my job also."
Ingrid rolled her eyes, Severus turned to her.

"She did no such thing."
He insisted, Ingrid shrugged.

"Oh but she did. She got awfully angry when I voiced my opinion."

Minerva shook her head.

"Well, I'd best be going. Also-you two..behave yourself."
She smiled and gave them a wink, before walking in their opposite direction.

Oh goodness, this is bound to be awkward.

They walked in silence for a few moments, obviously not knowing what to say. Ingrid felt alone, despite walking next to a man she deeply cared for.

"So. I would like to apologize."
He begun, her eyes widened... not knowing that he knew of such a word.

"I've been unkind, foolish even. But-"

Ingrid looked to him, he avoided her eyes.

"I cannot give you an explanation...not now."

Ingrid looked to the ground, wondering what on earth he could mean.

He paused, stopping in the middle of the corridor. Ingrid stopped with him, still avoiding eye contact. He tilted her chin up to look at him, her eyes laced with hurt and confusion.

"I wish I could."
He insisted, placing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She pulled away from him, he stood in shock.

"I need a straight answer. Do you care about me or not?!"

"I-"
He began, looking down.

"DO YOU, OR NOT."

He went completely silent, Ingrid shook her head. Not believing that he had led her on for this long, he had completely blindsided her...he didn't love her. If he did-why would he do this?

She bit her lip and went to leave, he took her arm.

"Please.."
He mumbled, voice cracking.

"No. I say no."
She responded, standing up straight and pulling away from his grip.

She walked away, feeling powerful.

But something was missing.

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
So snape is basically being an arse. But ignore thaT! Umbridge is the real arse. Dementor x Umbridge for life yo
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. The Goblet Of Fire part will be the first to be published :)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 1.3K 28
Love is difficult to explain as one likes to say. But (Y/n)(L/n) falling for her professor, Severus Snape? That was hard to believe. The girl always...
635K 22.1K 22
{ ๐ˆ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ž. ๐‹๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง, ๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ฎ๐›๏ฟฝ...
195K 5.4K 40
"I didn't ask for your name, Miss Y/n". "Uh, sorry sir". *** All Harry Potter characters mentioned belong to JK Rowling.
70.6K 5.7K 88
๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐–๐€๐‘| โ๏ธŽWhat a mess we made; trying to prove we don't need each other.โž๏ธŽ โ”๏ธŽโ”๏ธŽ๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ž ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ž ๐‡๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐†๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ...