ephemeral | unOrdinary x read...

By yoongicorn_93

In a hierarchical society, power determines everything. Those with great strength towered above all while the... More

note
โ—‡1โ—‡
โ—‡2โ—‡
โ—‡3โ—‡
โ—‡4โ—‡
โ—‡5โ—‡
โ—‡6โ—‡
โ—‡7โ—‡
โ—‡8โ—‡
โ—‡9โ—‡
โ—‡10โ—‡
โ—‡11โ—‡
โ—‡12โ—‡
โ—‡13โ—‡
โ—‡15โ—‡
โ—‡16โ—‡
โ—‡17โ—‡
โ—‡18โ—‡
โ—‡19โ—‡
โ—‡20โ—‡
โ—‡21โ—‡
โ—‡22โ—‡
โ—‡23 โ—‡
โ—‡24 โ—‡
โ—‡25 โ—‡
โ—‡ 26 โ—‡
โ—‡ 27 โ—‡
โ—‡ 28 โ—‡
โ—‡29โ—‡
โ—‡30โ—‡
โ—‡31โ—‡
โ—‡32โ—‡
โ—‡33โ—‡
โ—‡34โ—‡
โ—‡35 โ—‡
โ—‡36 โ—‡
โ—‡37โ—‡
โ—‡38โ—‡
โ—‡39โ—‡
โ—‡40โ—‡
โ—‡41โ—‡
โ—‡42โ—‡
โ—‡43โ—‡
โ—‡44โ—‡
โ—‡45โ—‡
โ—‡46โ—‡
โ—‡47โ—‡
โ—‡48โ—‡
โ—‡49โ—‡
โ—‡50โ—‡
โ—‡51โ—‡
โ—‡52โ—‡
โ—‡53โ—‡
โ—‡54โ—‡

โ—‡14โ—‡

9K 392 293
By yoongicorn_93

(ReEeeEeEeEe 5K BONUS CHAPTER I LOVE YALL )

Chapter 14

STARING IN WONDER at the carvings in her arm, Y/N gripped the pocket knife in her palm tightly.  Her hand was shaking, matching the speed of her quivering lip. It was currently 2 AM, and Y/N could not get even a wink of sleep. It didn't help the fact that she had school in a few hours either.

"How could you?! H-how?! You c-can't be out with your friends enjoying y-your life when you took away t-three whole years of my daughter's! T-three years, 4 months, and 12 d-days she spent, l-lying on the hospital b-bed! S-she just woke up after a-all this time and s-s-she can't even stand u-up..or talk...or s-smile...It's all your fault! You have the audacity to laugh and live your life as if you didn't do anything?! They should've put you behind bars!"

The lady's voice rang in her head over and over as she covered her ears in attempt to drown it out.

It's all your fault!

The tip of the metal blade felt cool against the heat of her skin. All it would take was just a tiny bit more pressure. Just a delicate push. It was weird. She wanted to cry at the top of her lungs, to release her pent up emotions, yet no tears slid down her cheek. Maybe this was a sign. A sign telling her to end it all right here and now.

Despite all these menacing thoughts looming in her head, Y/N couldn't bring herself to do anything. Was it because of Seraphina? John? Remi? Her mom? Her dad? All the people that fell victim of her gruesome beatings?

S/N...

With a frustrated, inaudible noise, she tossed the knife aside, burying her face into her knees.

Who am I kidding?

-

Hours passed by until Y/N had to start getting ready for school. Due to her restless night, she knew today would be one of her bad days. Also known as the days where she was a depressed shit who didn't give a fuck about life anymore.

Switching her TV on, she hoped to see something funny to lift her mood up.

"Last night authorities found yet another dead body, this time in the town Wellston. The victim this time was 'Shatterstack,' another well known superhero. His body was found branded by a picture of a flame, EMBER's infamous logo. This follows EMBER's usual murder pattern: high-tier vigilantes. Reporters are wondering..."

You've got to be joking. Her mood only dampening. I just wanted to watch some Teen Titans man.

-

A group of four mid tiers crowded Y/N, trapping her in an isolated corner of the school. She glared at them coldly, not an ounce of emotion in her eyes.

Tanner, the one with wavy lavender hair, shoved her shoulder against the wall. "What are you glaring at bitch?"

"Don't touch me. I'm not in the fucking mood." It was true. She had no patience left, and if they continued to bother her any longer she was sure the thin rope holding her together would snap.

Not sensing the fact that she was dead  serious, or maybe they didn't care, the four laughed amongst themselves. "You know, we were messing around with your cripple friend John earlier, but Arlo stepped in and saved his ass for some reason. He even trapped me in his barrier, that asshole! Since we don't have anyone to practice on, you're the next best choice. Aren't you flattered?" He took a strand of her H/C hair, twirling it around his finger flirtingly.

"You all have 3 seconds to leave."

"Pff!"

"Oh, no, I'm so scared. Illena, hold me!"

"She really thought-"

At the speed of light, she grabbed hold of one of their legs and bent it the opposite way. He yelped, tears forming at the corners of his eyes.

"Tanner!"

"Let go of him bitch!"

His three friends charged at Y/N, who's eyes, yes plural, glowed in response. Instead of dodging or moving out of the way, she didn't move a single inch, letting all the attacks hit her.

Isen, who watched the entire scene by a window, felt his heart stop. There was too much dust from the impact of the attacks that he couldn't see a thing. Expecting to see Y/N defeated on the floor, he found the exact opposite. Beaten and bruised were the four mid tiers while Y/N stood above them, both eyes still glowing. She was perfectly fine, not a single scar or scratch. It was almost as if she swapped places and the four had attacked themselves. Isen could understand how she was unharmed because she had a regeneration ability, but he couldn't figure out how the others were hurt.

"If any of you speak of this, I will personally make sure you'll never walk again." Stepping over one of their bodies shamelessly, she stuffed her hands in her pockets and left the deserted corner.

Startled and bewildered, Isen thought, I thought her ability was regeneration and resistance? There is no way she could do that with a regeneration ability. Does it have something to do with her eyes..? His mind flashed back to the time he was interviewing her and John. She had grabbed his hand with one glowing eye. This time both of them were glowing.

No way....A chilling and disturbing thought crossed his head. Could she have two abilities?

Unbeknownst to Isen, Arlo's blue haired follower watched him from behind the wall.

-

I'm so sick of these people...

Y/N kicked a pebble to the side. I should go visit John in the infirmary to see how he's holding up. John probably thought she was mad at him after the whole slapping incident, and she wasn't exactly completely over it, but her weak heart would forgive him anyways. Anyways, Y/N was positive it was out of impulse and not out of hatred because he genuinely looked out of it.

Stopping outside the infirmary, she hesitated going in when she heard Arlo in there. John was yelling in an angry, demanding voice, "Why did you help me? What's your motive?!"

"..Don't be so full of yourself. I don't know what delusional world you're in, but take a good look around you. Wake up and take a look at who you just hit. Lucky for you, I am very patient. I don't act on impulse like some people." Arlo responded in a level voice. "You should know, I absolutely despise people who don't learn their place. The next time you lay your hands on me, I won't be so lenient." The blonde stood up, leaving John feeling ashamed.

Arlo is a bit of a hard head, but he's not so bad. I would've thought he would hit back John, but he only told him off. Did I misjudge him at first?

The door slid open, giving Y/N a view of Arlo, who blinked in surprise at seeing the H/C female. He cringed at the dark circles around her eyes, along with her unkempt appearance.

"Hey Arlo," She greeted in a tired, raspy voice.

"What is up with.." He stopped himself mid sentence. I shouldn't care anyways. She's a disgrace to society, and I don't associate myself with those types of people.

"I'm busy," He redirected himself, walking away from the girl, who had a question mark hanging over her head.

"O..kay then." Entering the infirmary, she saw John staring intently at the wall, deep in thought. She threw herself on one of the beds, making John jump.

"Y/N?!"

"Hello," She grumbled, mushing her face into a pillow.

"W..what are you doing here? Are you injured?" He asked in concern.

"No," She replied. "I'm just here to check up on you. I heard Arlo saved your ass from a few mid tiers earlier."

"Yeah, he did.." It was silent for a minute. "You know..you don't have to be nice to me. I don't deserve it."

She gazed at him plainly, "If I can get over it, you should definitely be able to as well."

"But-"

"Shut up. I'm too lazy to argue."

He pinched the bridge of his nose with a sigh, "I don't think I'll ever get you Y/N..." Noticing her unusual state, he inquired, "Did you not get enough sleep last night? You look awful."

"Wow, thanks," She said sarcastically. "Every girl loves to hear that." Rolling to her side to face John, she truthfully answered, "But yes, I did not get enough sleep. Don't question it." You would think that Y/N would be nervous hiding such a big secret from her friends, but the sad truth was that she's already done this many times before.

-

I saw it. Isen stared concentratingly at nothing in particular. He couldn't stop thinking about how he had seen John's eyes. It made him wonder why John was playing cripple when he had an ability to fight back. And Arlo saved him from those guys, so he must've seen it too. But he didn't see what happened after that.

He shuddered, the disturbing image of Y/N leaving the four mid tiers horribly injured without a trace of remorse. In her defense, they provoked her and she did give them warnings beforehand...But I never thought she could be so vicious. That soulless look in her eye too...

Based on the fact that Y/N could out match Arlo, Isen and any other Royal knew she was no pushover. The real question was: does anyone else know about her two abilities? No, I shouldn't  jump to conclusions. I could be seeing wrong, or be missing information about her ability.

What would Arlo think if he knew about Y/N- Speak of the devil!

Arlo rounded a corner, bumping straight into Isen, who spat out his soda in surprise.

"Isen! Just the man I was looking for," Arlo said, one hand in his pocket.

Darn it! Isen cursed.

"O-oh hey Arlo." He cracked nervously. "Didn't expect to see you around..What's popping?"

"You're still spying on John and Y/N, even after I told you to drop it?" He cut straight to the point.

Shit, how did he find out?!

"You can't hide from me. I know you're looking for another top story for the school newspaper. Breaking News! School cripple turns high-rank! Drama, Drama, Drama!" Arlo said in a fake enthusiastic voice, waving his hands unanimatedly.

"SHHH, Arlo! If anyone from the club hears this, they'll steal my story!"

"You've been spying on Y/N as well, correct? Have you found anything on her?"

"Uh.." Isen trailed off, unsure of what to say. "Not much...She doesn't claim she's a cripple or really hide her ability, but then again she doesn't use it for what it's worth. She could easily be a high tier, but disregards it." Isen told the half-truth.

"Well, I knew that much already..." Arlo placed a finger on his chin before holding up two fingers. "Hmm..I'll make you a deal. Seraphina comes back in two weeks. If you finish the story by then and keep me updated with any new info on John or Y/N, I'll guarantee your front page article."

"You got yourself a deal!" Isen agreed eagerly. "But wait..why would I write an article about Y/N? There's not much to expose about her.." Aside from the whole two ability thing, but I haven't confirmed that yet.

Arlo sighed, "For someone who keeps up with every event at Wellston, I'm surprised you haven't figured this out. Sure, some people have seen Y/N's ability, but the majority still haven't. It's mostly the ones who tried to pick on her and John, but were too embarrassed to say anything after being beaten. Not to mention how the ones who have don't actually know the full extent of her power. Think about it: 'Shocking news! Y/N L/N, a high tier in hiding!'

"I see now.."

"Good," Arlo smirked. "Don't disappoint me." With that, he walked away.

What the fuck did I just agree to?

•••

Me whenever I see John's ungelled hair:

Q: What webtoons would you like me to write a fanfic on in the future??

Webtoons I'm willing to write:
-Lookism
-Tower of God
-The Gamer
-Lets Play
-Sirens Lament
-My Dear Cold Blooded King

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 956 17
โ€ผ๏ธD I S C O N T I N U E D (Or maybe a long hiatus)โ€ผ๏ธ ยฐยฐยฐยท.ยฐยท..ยทยฐยฏยฐยท._.ยท ยฐยฐยฐยท.ยฐยท..ยทยฐยฏยฐยท._.ยท ยฐยฐยฐยท.ยฐยท..ยทยฐยฏยฐยท._.ยท ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๏ฟฝ...
46.9K 1K 63
High school is pretty rough, but for Kami, things are going to change. Kami roams her new school, watching everyone fight or compete to be labeled as...
8.8K 320 24
It's just a normal day at Wellston when John's long lost sister shows up. She was taken by their mother so she could be trained and master her abilit...
14.8K 331 17
(Y/N), after hours of studying, finally got into Wellston Private Highschool. He wasn't all that overjoyed, he knew this place would be the same as i...