Fate's Chance

By rabgafbanperiod

A story in which a pop star by the name of Justin Bieber falls in love with a normal girl that happens to be... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
We're number 1???
60
Q+A with the Cast
Sequel is out now!

3

2.8K 83 15
By rabgafbanperiod

"Are you even listening?"

I jumped at his sudden outburst snapping back to reality.

"my gosh you scared me! When the hell did you get back from the restroom?"

"Bella, like five minutes ago. I've been talking this whole time but obviously, you weren't listening." He rolled his eyes which caused me to chuckle

"Oh I'm sorry. I'm just—-I'm still in shock."

" Do you know who it's from?"

I nodded my head yes in confirmation.

"Who then?"

He asked peaking in the basket. I quickly snatched it away from him.

"None of your business! I'll be back I'm gonna go put this up."

I disappeared to the back still shocked as ever. I can't believe I actually convinced myself that it was all a dream. I am definitely crazy.

I don't understand why he went out of his way to send such an expensive gift. I mean yeah I was damn sure upset that he broke my phone with his heavy foot but I didn't think he would actually replace it.

That's actually really nice of him.

"Bellaaaaa!"

I groaned hearing the child whine my name from the cafe's lobby. Jackson never fails to be annoying.

"What Jack"

I yelled in a whispered as I rushed back to the front. He was always so loud when visiting here which often disturbed the customers which meant more problems for me.

"You were gone for too long, I was worried"

"I was literally—- why are you here? Don't you have a date to get to?"

"Woah someone sounds jealous..."

I scoffed.

"Please do not, and I can't stress this enough, ever flatter your fucking self. I could never be jealous of your victims"

I whispered to him with much sass

"Oooooh I'm telling Dad you cursed on the clock."

"Fine. Tell him, and I'll tell Veronica about Gina"

He gasped.

"You wouldn't!"

"....then tell Gina about Heather and then tell her about Kayla—"

"You monster! Fine! Stop trying to ruin my game."

"You're a pig." I looked down at him with disgust.

"I'll turn over in mud and oink oink for you anytime of the day."

He proceeded to make a horrible impression of a pig which caused me to laugh hysterically.

"Stop it, you're so embarrassing."

Time flew by before I knew it and I found myself home in the comfort of my own bed once again. I opened the box of the brand new iPhone and stared at it in awe. Opening this gift was the only thing on my mind all day at work so I rushed home immediately upon clocking out.

It was so sleek and......new. I was excited but deep down inside, I knew I couldn't keep it. It was far too expensive and I just was not comfortable with taking such an expensive gift from someone.

Even if that someone was Justin Bieber.

I knew I needed to give this back even though I would love to keep it. It's just not how I was raised. This may sound crazy but it made me a bit uncomfortable to accept expensive gifts from people.

I just wouldn't be able to sleep correctly knowing that someone has spent hundreds of dollars on me. As ungrateful as it may sound, I would rather much buy my own things.

But how would I get it back to him is the question. How in the world was a nobody, such as myself, supposed to be within the same area as Justin Bieber? I wouldn't even know where to find him.

I grabbed my laptop with a quickness immediately going to the google search bar. Being that he's a celebrity, I'm sure it won't be that hard to find him. People like him tend to post their current doings all day everyday.

I searched and searched and finally accepting the fact that he was not easy to find as I thought, I sighed in defeat. This was way harder than I thought.

Who knows? Maybe I'll bump into him one day.

Yeah right.

The ringing of my house phone grasps my attention.  Annoyed I answer it with hopes that it wasn't any of those damn bill collectors that I've been avoiding.

"Hello?"

"Hey Bells, it's me."

I sighed.

"What can I help you with Jack? Do you have any idea what time it is?"

"It's only like....11:30."

"It's bootycall hours and I don't roll like that."

"Bootycall hours? Bella what do you know about that?"

"I'm grown. Anyway what do you want?"

"Gosh you are just so mean to me. Dad wants you to come in to work tomorrow."

"Okay that's fine. Whatever"

"eh. Not really. He wants you to close the shop by yourself again."

I sighed deeply.

"I've explained to him countless times that I won't be able to close the shop because I have classes early in the morning. Do you know how long it takes to get everything cleaned up all by myself? I am tired Jackson!"

I explained by raising my voice. I didn't mean to yell at him but I am just so frustrated. I can never catch a break from this freaking job. Mr.K never takes his employees' well being into consideration. I am a full time college student that needs as much sleep as possible.

But does that matter to him? No.

He reminds me so much of Mr.Krabs. He's always about money. And women.

I sighed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to—"

"No it's okay. I can understand why you're upset. Believe it or not, I've tried to persuade him to make someone else do it but then I realized other than him, you're the only one that works there. Sorry bells..."

"It's fine. It's not your fault."

" But in a way it is. I'm the one who introduced you to this job a few years ago. Hey, why don't you find another job?"

"Trust me I have. Your father is the only one willing to work with my schedule and it's close to the university."

I sighed once again.

"Tell him I'll be there. Bye"

"G-Goodnight Bella.."

I slammed the phone down frustrated as ever.

God, if you're listening, I know you must break me in order to make me but how much more do I need to be broken with all this stress.....

The next day came and I was tired to say the least. I left my first class of the day which was at 8:05 am and I now have a short break until my next class was to start.

I took a seat at the nearest bench to rest my legs for a bit. Walking around this huge campus was so tiring on hot days like this. Pulling out my new phone, I sighed which is something I've been doing a lot lately.

The only thing I've done with this phone is input contacts and transfer my old number to this phone. I didn't really want to do alot, being that I still planned to return it to its rightful owner. Even if I have to send it to his record label's address or something, I was determined to not keep it.

"Bella!"

I looked up to see my cheerful friend approaching me. I chuckled seeing her bright smile. She's always so happy for no reason. I wish to be like her when I grow up

"Hey girl"

I said with a smile as she took a seat next to me.

" How was class?"

"I wouldn't know. I slept the whole time."

This caused her to shoot me a disapproving look.

"Here, you obviously need this more than I do."

"Thank heavens.."

I muttered as she handed me a large iced coffee. I took a sip and as the chilled liquid filled my body, I again regained happiness.

" Woah you got a new phone?"

She gasped picking it up from my lap. I shrugged not really caring because all of my focus was on the blessing that filled my hands.

"Oh wow this is the latest model. Did your boss finally give you that bonus you deserve?"

"Pfft. Hell no. Don't even remind me of that jerk."

"Well how did you upgrade?" She questioned.

"It was a gift..." I didn't necessarily know how to explain it to her but I knew I couldn't mention Justin at all. She wouldn't believe me no matter what.

"A gift? From who?"

"A......friend?"

"Okay obviously you're lying but because you're lying, it let's me know no you don't want to talk about it. So fine, I'll drop it. "

I sighed in relief grateful for her being the understanding loving best friend that I adore.

"You're not doing anything illegal right?"

"Without you? No way."

She laughed at my answer.

"awwww how sweet. Well it's almost time for class. Let's make our way there now."

I groaned.

"Actually I think imma just skip all of my—"

"Absolutely. Not. There is no way I am letting you skip any classes! You've worked so hard not to slack off. Drink that coffee, do a little stretch and let's get to class."

I pout at her words. Although she's right, I always hated when she actually cared. Geez how ungrateful of me.

I rolled my eyes as I stood up and stretched as she said.

"Fine, let's go."

We took our seats next to each other in the half emptied classroom. I groaned sitting all of my belongings on the desk.

"So Jade there's this guy that I've met recently..."

It's been so stuck on my mind lately and I just really needed some advice on what to do. Who better to ask for advice than my best friend?

"Guy? I'm listening....."

"Well I just met him recently. It's really........unrealistic on how we met but it happened. Like it was so out of the ordinary that I thought I only dreamt it.  Anyway in the midst of our first meeting he broke my phone by accidentally stepping on it."

"What? Really?"

She laughed.

"yes it was crazy. But.... he sent me a gift recently which was this new phone and an edible arrangement ."

"Wait you said this was you guys' first meeting"

"Yeah..."

"So this guy isn't Jackson from your job?"

Almost instantly, I had the urge to throw up. I gasped covering my mouth with my hand to prevent me from actually vomiting.

"What in the....hell? No it's not him. Why the hell would you think that?"

"I mean.........I don't know. Because he likes you."

"Oh boy not this again. Jackson does not like me. He just has a flirty personality. Besides, he has a girlfriend. I mean girlfriends. The guy's a player."

"I'm sure you wouldn't mind being his game controller for a day."

I couldn't control my laughter once hearing that. She is so corny some times, it's hilarious.

"Most definitely not. Anyway you're making me get off track! What should I do? I was thinking of sending this back."

"Sending it back? Absolutely not. I mean it's only right he gets you a new one if he completely broke your last one. Plus it's a major upgrade. I know you don't like feeling like you owe someone but I'm sure this is not the case. Just keep it. Instead of sending it back, send a thank you note or something."

This made me go into deep thought.

"Oh professor is here. Make sure your phone is on silent and stay awake."

______________________________

Please vote and comment. Share with a friend as well please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

638K 17.6K 79
new tweet from @loadedrodrick! @giselleaoki has my heart based off the song come my way by housecall :) better go listen to them
536K 8.3K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
346K 4.3K 24
Celebrity Imagines🤩🤎 Requests Are Closed📪
20.5M 760K 89
When she was 14, Dalia was sold to Matteo Martinelli, the former leader of the largest Italian mafia. Flash forward with his son, Vittore Martinelli...