𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 · 𝘵𝘩𝘦...

Av echostria

there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good book 4 » the 100, season 4 Mer

𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 ♚ 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟒
𝟒.𝟏
𝟒.𝟐
𝟒.𝟑
𝟒.𝟒
𝟒.𝟓
𝟒.𝟔
𝟒.𝟕
𝟒.𝟖
𝟒.𝟗
𝟒.𝟏𝟎
𝟒.𝟏𝟏
𝟒.𝟏𝟐
𝟒.𝟏𝟑
𝟒.𝟏𝟒
𝟒.𝟏𝟔
𝟒.𝟏𝟕
𝟒.𝟏𝟖
𝟒.𝟏𝟗
𝟒.𝟐𝟎
𝟒.𝟐𝟏
𝟒.𝟐𝟐
𝟒.𝟐𝟑

𝟒.𝟏𝟓

2.2K 68 107
Av echostria

─── 「NOT ON MY WATCH」 ───

     I had gone back to Arkadia to be with Octavia, to try to fix things with her, only to find she had left just before I got back. I should have gone with Sam. Maybe I'd be of more use with her... and if we die, at least we'd be together.

It had been a hard couple of days since I came back, losing 18 people to the black rain, not being able to talk with Sam, and not knowing if Octavia had survived the black rain out there. We were outside, getting ready to burn the dead when I caught Jasper walking happily around camp, towards the door.

- "Show some respect for the dead."

- "Why?" –he ignored my reproach- "They don't mind, they're dead."

- "Where are you going?"

- "Wherever the day takes me."

- "You got a chem tent?"

- "Nope."

- "Jasper." –I called for him but he ignored me and kept walking- "Jasper!" –I yelled this time, running after him- "No one leaves without a chem tent."

- "Do you have a chem tent?" –he looked at me over the shoulder, a smile on his face as he did.

- "Yeah."

- "Good." –he nodded- "Then we have a chem tent."

- "Hey." –I pulled him back and stopped him- "Maybe you didn't see how those people died."

- "I saw, I'm just not afraid of it happening to me." –he got rid of my grip and kept walking away.

- "Jasper, it's not safe out there."

- "What else is new?" –he pushed the door, opening it and turning to motion me to move- "Come on, we're losing daylight."

- "Jasper..." -he ignored me and kept walking- "Damnit." -I cursed under my breath before I ran after him- "Grow the hell up!"

- "Good, you're coming."

- "Yeah, but only because I don't want to carry your body bag or see Sam mourning you too."

- "Oh, come on! I'm pretty light! I mean, I'm wiry, but I'm light." -he laughed- "Sam will be alright."

- "You don't know what you're saying."

     I sat on one of the tables while Abby and Jackson got the man ready for the experiment. Murphy and Emori had stayed on the top floor and Clarke was talking with her mom about what they were about to do, Roan moved back after he left the man in the oven and suddenly, I heard new footsteps coming in. Luna and Raven.

- "Raven!" –I jumped immediately from the table, moving towards her.

- "Sam! You're here."

- "It's been a while since you and I have been together so I thought it appropriate, yeah." –she hugged me tightly like no one had hugged me in a while.

- "I'm glad you did." –she pulled back- "I missed you. What have you been up to."

- "Not much, keeping everyone in line and trying not to bleed out in the process... the usual."

- "That's not what Kane told Abby on the radio when he informed us you were coming." –she gave me a knowing look; it wasn't as if I was trying to hide anything from her, I just didn't think she needed to know- "You okay?"

- "I survived." –I tried to sound reassuring- "Ulger had it coming."

- "You killed him?" –Luna's voice startled me a little as she stood behind Raven, almost protectively; I wondered what had been going on, whether Raven and Luna had become or would become a thing, trying to keep the smile pulling at the corners of my lips to myself- "How are you still alive."

- "As I keep repeating, not for lack of trying." –I answered Luna- "I'm glad to see you're alive."

- "So you can use me?"

- "I had no idea about that plan, Luna. I came here to bring Raven the fuel, but we ran into a couple of issues on the way, which deemed our plan useless."

- "I trust you." –she looked the same she did back at the rig but something was different, probably the weight of the deaths of her whole clan that she was carrying on her shoulders, even if it wasn't her fault; no one could have guessed radiation would get to them so fast- "You haven't changed much."

- "I was hoping I had."

- "You still shed the blood of others."

- "So that they won't shed mine."

We could have gone back and forth for hours for sure; however, Clarke coming to us to announce that they were ready to start, put an end to our conversation. We all surrounded the radiation chamber as Abby made sure the man's vitals were in order before Jackson sealed it.

- "He's ready."

- "Yeah." –Raven sighed- "But are we?"

- "The guy's a monster." –Emori reminded them, for Murphy and I knew the truth.

- "We've been over this." –Clarke spoke next- "None of us wants to do this."

- "But it's what we have to do." –I backed her up- "His life for ours is worth the risk... unless anyone has a better idea."

- "The death wave will be here in 10 days. Luna's stem cells grafted successfully and Bailys is making Nightblood on his own." –Clarke was giving a speech, but it sounded more like she was trying to convince herself than us- "This really is our only hope."

- "We really still talking about this?" –Murphy's sarcasm followed Clarke's need for approval- "Black rain is already here. 18 people died in it yesterday at Arkadia so, if Nightblood can let us walk around in it, I, for one, wanna know about that."

Everyone looked at each other. It was clear most of them had doubts and were battling internally whether this was a moral choice or not; the truth is, it wasn't unless you considered the greater good the peak of your morals, that is. I didn't care who we had to kill if that meant we got a way to survive radiation; it wasn't even me I was looking out for, I wanted Octavia to survive, I wanted Bellamy to survive, Lila, Raven, Murphy, Emori, Jasper... they all deserved this life, and I was okay with selling my soul to the devil if that meant they'd see the world 10 days past now.

- "Alright." –Abby finally agreed- "Jackson, proceed."

- "Copy that." –it was funny to me how everyone was doubting this but not the person who was pressing the buttons: Jackson- "Initiating." –I respected him, following his moves with my eyes. A couple of clicks were heard as Jackson manipulated the machine and, soon enough, a light illuminated the man's body; the radiating process was starting- "500 Rem... 850" –Jackson spoke, the only thing cutting the tension in the room: his steady voice- "This is where we'd usually see signs on a non-Nightblood."

- "He's resting comfortably."

- "No visible effects." –Clarke exclaimed after her mom. I felt my heart starting to race. Maybe this will work. I couldn't keep my eyes away from the man's face as we finally reached the level of radiation of the black rain- "Still nothing." –the optimism in her voice was contagious- "It's working."

We reached 2000 Rem and everything seemed to be working just fine until it didn't. The monitor started beeping uncontrollably, his skin started to bruise red as Clarke asked Jackson to turn it off and so he did, but the beeping didn't stop and, suddenly, the man woke up. He started screaming and hitting the glass, looking around at us, screaming.

- "Get him out of there!" –Abby moved from the monitor towards the chamber, intending to open it.

- "Wait, no!" –Jackson pulled her back- "It's not safe yet."

And there we stood, looking as the man's skin got redder, covered in blisters. I pulled Raven to me, forcing her to look away as his screams got louder; they could have frozen anyone's blood. I didn't let go of Raven, not even when the man stopped screaming because what I was seeing was worse: black blood started to pour out of every hole in his face: his ears, his nose, his eyes, and then his mouth. He was choking on his own blood. I heard Raven sob as she finally wrapped her arms around me, holding her head to my neck. I didn't want her to see this. Finally, silence. Flatline in the monitor as he died.

- "What have we done?"

Abby whispered as I pulled Raven away, getting her to the big screen to check all the data she had on Praimfaya, making her promise me not to look. She nodded as I ran my thumbs over her cheeks, whipping away her tear.

I moved back to the rest, anger cursing through my veins uncontrollably. I reached one of the tables and couldn't help myself, throwing everything to the ground as I screamed. There has to be a way. I wanted to tear my hair from my head as I couldn't think of anything that could be of help while they removed the body and Clarke and Luna started to clean up the chamber.

- "Abby." –Jackson suddenly called; he had been on a different screen, checking the data of the experiment- "Look at this."

- "What is it?"

- "Sodium Polyethanol Sulfonate." –Jackson answered Clarke, almost excitedly as if we all were supposed to understand what that meant.

- "Please, elaborate." –I felt entitled to join in.

- "It's an additive used to prevent clotting." –he explained looking at me and I nodded- "Looks like the radiation broke it down and caused a chain reaction."

- "What happens if we remove it?" –Clarke questioned quickly.

- "We could save everyone."

- "You could?" –Murphy spoke from behind us- "So you're saying this can still work."

- "Not without testing."

- "The last guy just died screaming in agony." –Raven reminded Abby with a reproaching and almost disgusted tone as she moved back to us- "You wanna try it again?"

- "Give us a better idea, Raven." –Clarke turned to her- "Please."

- "So what?" –Murphy spoke again, Emori hidden behind him- "We just go out there and hunt for someone else?"

- "Suits me just fine."

- "No one is going anywhere in this storm." –Miller commented as I ended my statement moving to the stairs, him grabbing me back.

- "So we wait for it to pass."

- "When it does, there may not be anyone left to hunt for."

- "Hunting for someone else to kill." –Luna scoffed- "What's the matter with you people?"

- "I'll tell you what the matter is." –I couldn't help myself- "The matter is we are all dying if we don't find a solution and if killing someone gets my family to survive you can sure as hell bet I'll do it."

- "I can see that, but even Bailys honored the dead." –she held up a bracelet for us to see- "He wore the stones of his rock line ancestors. Who will honor him?"

- "Wait, Bailys was Sangedakru." –Clarke looked around confused.

- "He was." –Emori spoke- "He was also a thief. He probably stole those stones."

- "A thief who didn't bear the mark of Sangedakru."

Well, we are fucked. As the beans were spilled I realized I couldn't take them all down, especially if Roan and Luna got together; I was good but those two were too. I had to find another way. Emori tried to escape and Murphy to fight back, but Roan caught her and Miller pointed a gun at Murphy's head. Come on, Sam, think. I took a deep breath, sitting down again on one of the tables, watching as they tied Murphy and Emori down; Murphy yelling at me, questioning my words and my friendship. It hurt, a lot, but it hurt more knowing testing on someone again was the only way.

- "Please, tell me you are not seriously putting Emori in that chamber." –Raven approached Abby, Jackson, and Clarke who were going over everything on the monitor- "There has to be a way that doesn't make us murderers."

- "Jackson and I have examined every possibility and, the truth is, the only thing we know for sure is that if we do nothing, we all die." –I looked from afar as they all nodded to Abby's words- "Jackson, prep Luna for another extraction."

- "No, you've taken enough from me." –Luna crossed her arms over her chest.

- "We'll sedate you, you won't feel..."

- "I said no." –Luna cut Abby off- "I won't allow my blood to kill any more innocent people."

- "Luna, please." –Clarke tried to intercede- "Your blood is the only thing that can save us."

- "My blood is a curse." –Luna stated- "It will, however, keep you from following me into the rain."

Luna saw her blood in a way no one else did; not even Lexa had seen her blood as a curse. I zoned out; I was tired of keeping up with their plans, tired of not being clever enough to find a solution to this mess, tired of being useless. I couldn't believe we could all die after everything we had gone through. What a sick joke this trip down to Earth had been then. The noise of metal hitting the floor regained my attention: Roan was lying on the floor with Luna trapped in his arms as he put her to sleep with a chokehold.

- "So..." –Raven turned to Clarke, the disgust in her face felt weird when I was used to seeing everything but that- "You're gonna strap her down and take her bone marrow?" –Raven glanced at me and I realized what she meant, clenching my jaw and running my hand over my thigh- "Welcome back to Mount Weather."

     Jasper and I had been walking around the forest for hours. I still had no idea why we were out here and wasn't sure I wanted to figure it out any time soon.

- "I know everything it's bad and everything is dying and all," -Jasper's now usual cheery voice broke the silence- "but I'm just gonna say it: I don't miss mosquitoes. No, don't miss them."

- "This is all a big joke to you, isn't it?"

- "Now you're getting it!" -he looked back at me for a second, smiling- "That's exactly what it is, one big cosmic joke. You'd realize that too if you pulled the stick out your ass..."

- "That's enough!" -I yelled, pulling him back- "That is enough, Jasper."

- "I'm just trying to help you, man."

- "Oh, you're trying to help me?" -I scoffed- "That's funny." -I shook my head- "It's late, we're leaving. Now."

- "Damn it, open your eyes!" -he screamed at me, forcing me to turn around as I had started moving back- "The clock is ticking and it has been since we landed on this terrible, beautiful planet."

- "What the hell does that mean?"

- "It means we're leaving on borrowed time. All of us."

- "So, if you know that, why are you throwing it away?"

- "I'm not." -he smiled- "You are." -he hit my chest with his finger- "What is the point in beating yourself up over all of the crappy things you've done? You did them." -his voice broke a little- "And don't say you had your reasons because, at the end of the day, at the end of the world, nobody gives a damn about your reasons because they are your reasons. No matter how much you punish yourself, it's not gonna change anything." -I clenched my jaw as he spoke, I could feel my eyes getting teary as he kept going- "It's not gonna bring anyone back." -I looked at him and he immediately looked up at the sky- "The way I see it is, we can spend our last days wallowing in our reasons or we can do..." -he looked at me and chuckled- "... we can do whatever the hell we want!" -he glued his eyes to me- "And mean it this time."

- "Jasper..."

- "If you really love Sam, you should be spending your last days with her, not here following me around because you think I'm crazy."

- "Sam would never forgive me if anything happened to you while I was around." -I approached him- "She cares so much about you, Jasper, and maybe you don't see it but..."

- "I know she does." -he squeezed my shoulder- "And I love her too. I hope she knows it."

- "Then why are you acting like this?" -I followed him- "She's left to find a way to save us all."

- "You may not understand, but Sam does." -he walked past me- "Sam's always understood me and been there for me when no one else was. I wish she would just stop trying to save everyone else and just... live -for herself. She deserves to live a little now after everything that's happened to her, after everything she's lost and hasn't even mourn." -he stopped walking and pointed his lantern to a rock- "Bingo! Magic beans." -he turned to look at me- "Remember those?"

- "Hallucinogenic nuts." -I answered and he raised his eyebrows in a pleased way- "That's why you dragged me out here?" -I scoffed- "If you think I'm taking those again, you really are crazy."

- "Whatever the hell you want."

He took out a blade and started cutting them off, the deep conversation we were having gone as fast as it started, leaving me with a lot to think about while he collected them and on our way back to Arkadia. Had he talked about this with Sam already? I had noticed Jasper was more cheery than usual when Sam was in Arkadia, but I never thought it was because they had deep conversations about life, but more so because Jasper loved Sam and she always found time to be with him and even take part in his pranks and mischief. Sometimes they even reminded me of Octavia and me. Octavia, I hope she's okay...

Once we made it back to Arkadia, there seemed to be a party already going on. The end of the world and the best thing they can do is throw a party. Where are the rational adults when you need them? I looked around me, a scowl easily finding its way to my face.

- "Come on." -Jasper tempted me and I sighed- "Everyone's gonna die, Bellamy. We can go out like them..." -he pointed to a group of crying, desperate teens- "...or like us." -he pointed to the party behind him- "The ending's the same but who says the journey has to suck?"

He moved back to the party, throwing the bag with the nuts to Niylah who was at the bar making drinks and being greeted by everyone there. I glanced around. I wished Sam was there. I turned around, ready to leave when someone called my name.

- "Hey!" -Bree called my name- "Dance with me."

- "I don't dance." -I tried to let her down politely.

- "I don't really wanna dance." -he wrapped her hands on my jacket pulling me down closer to her.

- "Look, Bree." -I moved her hands away- "I'm not interested."

- "I heard you and Sam split up." -she rose a flirty eyebrow at me- "I know what you like and, besides, she doesn't need to know if you don't want to..."

- "Bree, I'm serious." -she took a step back, looking at me confused- "We had sex once when we landed and that was it, I'm with Sam now and I don't want anyone else."

- "But we had fun."

- "We did." -I stayed as calm as I could- "I've moved on, I'm with Sam and that's how I intend to be for the rest of our days."

- "You love her?"

- "More than I love myself." -then I realized that was probably not the best comparison right now, considering how I felt about the things I had done- "I'm in love with her."

- "She's a lucky girl, then. I hope she knows."

Bree shrugged her shoulders and moved away back to the party, quickly finding another guy. I shook my head amused; I knew Bree didn't have any ill intentions but it made me miss Sam even more than I already did. The life we had gotten... we had lost so much of what normal people our age used to do. We had never gone to a party together; yes, we had danced alone in our room or when we took the rover and left alone for a whole day, sleeping under the sky in the night she loved so much. The more I thought about it, the more I realized Sam and I's lives might not have been normal, but every moment I had spent out of the camp with her had been magical. Bathing at the stream, running down the forest, watching the clouds make funny shapes, making love under the stars... I wanted more of that. We had to find a way.

- "You okay?" -Harper was now beside me.

- "Yeah."

- "I heard it." -she confessed- "I'm sorry Sam's not here, but I'm glad you're working things out. The only couple better than you both is Monty and me." -I chuckled as she started laughing, having to hold onto me not to lose her balance for she was tipsy, to say the least- "Come with me, just one drink and you can go back to trying to fix everything."

     Once the new dose was ready, Roan, Miller, and Clarke moved to the rocket room where they had tied Emori and Murphy so that they couldn't escape nor fight back. This is wrong... so wrong. There has to be something I can do. I could hear Murphy screaming for them to let Emori go, confessing his love for her and threatening to kill us all if Emori died. I watched Miller carry Emori to the table, strapping her down; they even left the doors to the rocket open so that Murphy could see –I thought that was cruel. Clarke took the syringe from Abby, whose hands were shaking, and moved to Emori to inject her herself.

- "I'll do it." –I moved towards her- "I told Emori she's family, I'm not allowing you to do this."

- "You sure?"

- "About sentencing someone to death?" –I mocked her- "My specialty."

She handed me the syringe; I could feel all eyes on me but I was way past caring. I approached Emori. She was still asleep on the table, her arm already prep for the injection. I caressed her cheek. I couldn't do that to her. I turned my head around, finding Murphy's eyes on me; his expression hurt me deeply, but I knew what I had to do, I knew it deep down since the possibility of my friend losing the best thing that ever happened to him came around. I smiled at him, a reassuring nod as his eyebrows furrowed. I didn't need him to understand now. I took a deep breath and injected myself.

- "Sam!" –Murphy shouted but it was too late- "No!"

- "What have you done!" –Clarke reproached me as I dropped the syringe because of how hard she shoved me back.

- "I'm protecting my family." –I walked past her looking at Jackson and Abby- "We're testing me. No one is hurting Emori or Murphy on my watch."

     It had seen strange, the lack of reaction from Sam when it was decided Emori was to be the next to be tested on. I should have seen it coming. She might have said she'd changed, but she was still the same selfless girl I met all those months ago, the girl who'd rather give her life than watch her friends –her family die. The girl who loved so deeply, it would destroy her. And that was exactly what was going to happen: Sam was going to die for love, for the love she had for us, for her friends.

- "Please!" –I begged, approaching her as the tear burned in my eyes- "Don't do this, Sam, please!"

- "There's no other way." –she squeezed my shoulders- "Besides, it's going to work and I'm going to be just fine, right?" –Jackson nodded but Abby didn't seem too convinced.

- "What is it, Abby?" –I questioned, seeing the hesitation in her stance; Sam had picked on it too, eyebrows furrowed.

- "Nothing."

- "Okay." -Sam nodded- "Let's get the party going then, shall we?" -she gave me a reassuring nod, but I still didn't want her to go; I couldn't lose her. Was it selfish? Yes, but Sam had helped me through so much, she had chosen me and loved me when I thought no one ever would; O couldn't lose her.

- "Sam, please, think this through." –I forced her back- "I can't just sit here and watch you get murdered."

- "I'm choosing to enter the chamber. I'll die if it means those two can find a solution to this with my death." –she pointed with her head at Abby and Jackson- "You're not getting tested and neither is Emori, alright?" –she kissed my forehead.

- "I can't let you do this, Samantha." –Roan was now next to us, out of nowhere.

- "Do you see me taking orders from anyone around here?" –Sam mocked him- "Hell no. So sit back and cross your fingers because if this doesn't work, I'll see you in hell in 10 days."

Sam hit him in the chest with her finger as she ended; it impressed me how little she cared how much bigger and strong Roan looked, although, for what I had heard, Ulger was more or less of the same constitution so you never know. I tried to fight to get her out of there, but Luna pulled me back, reminding me not to force myself or my brain as we didn't need another seizure. But I was sure I'd get one just from watching Sam die.

- "You're not doing this." –Roan pulled her back.

- "You don't want to fight me, Roan." –she pushed him back- "Because we both know I'm capable of killing you, so back off."

Her threatening voice scared me. For the first time since we met, I realized Roan might have cared for Sam more than he cared to admit or show. Why else would he try to stop her from doing what they wanted to put Emori through?

- "My life for yours and my debt is paid."

- "Hell no." –Sam waved her hand on the air- "I'm doing this so just thank me and move..."

A debt? Sam's voice suddenly died out; my head jerking up as it did, seeing Roan standing just behind her, a syringe breaking as it hit the floor, Roan catching Sam on his arms and moving away from the chamber. He put her to sleep. I breathed relieved.

- "Proceed with testing on the liar."

I looked around me, everyone seemed as confused as I felt after what Roan just did; it seemed so out of character for him but I knew there was a reason. Maybe he despises liars more than anything. But a debt? That has to be the reason. Could this have to do with that Ulger guy?

- "What do we do now?" –Miller questioned, breaking the silence.

- "We resume the experiment." –Abby went back to the monitor- "We're lucky we have another dose."

- "What!" –I couldn't help myself- "You just saw Sam! Are you really willing to risk your life like that?"

- "Raven, what do you mean?" –Clarke stood in front of me.

- "You don't seriously think Sam won't hurt every single one of you if you touch Emori, right?" –I scoffed- "You heard her."

- "We don't have another option. She'll thank me when..."

- "Sam'd rather die herself than hurt an innocent, Clarke, and you know it. You have done nothing to win Sam's trust, neither has your mom and yet Sam was going to give her life in good faith because she knows you will kill anyone before hurting yourselves to find a solution. You're selfish! And Sam will wake up and see what you've done and you will die even before radiation gets to you!"

I spat the truths at her, I didn't care how bad it made her feel. I didn't want Sam to die, but Emori didn't deserve this either. No one did.

- "Raven." -Luna placed her hand on my forehead- "Breathe with me."

I nodded, closing my eyes and doing as Luna asked. I knew I had to control myself, but knowing what could have happened to Sam... what would happen to Emori who hadn't even gotten a chance to properly defend herself... I couldn't do it.

- "Sam's right." –I opened my eyes when Clarke spoke again after a while, seeing as she took the second syringe with Luna's cells- "We can't force Emori to do this if we aren't willing to do the sacrifice ourselves." -Abby tried to get to her, but just as Clarke hadn't gotten to Sam in time, neither did Abby to her daughter- "We're testing me now." –Clarke announced as Roan came back into the room.

- "Fine with me." –Roan rested back on one of the tables, having left Sam on the upper level.

- "Keep breathing."

I closed my eyes again and remainder on the floor with Luna, trying to calm my body. We had to wait an hour or so to see if Clarke was creating Nightblood on her own and, while we waited and after Luna let me go, I went to see Sam. She was still passed out on the couch, so I sat down next to her, seeing the bruised spot on her arm from the injection. I caressed her cheek.

- "Always so willing to sacrifice yourself, Sam." –I smiled- "I'm glad Roan stopped you."

- "Hell, so am I!"

- "Murphy!" –I exclaimed as he sneaked behind me.

- "What?" –he shrugged his shoulders, sitting on armrest behind Sam's head- "I came to thank her."

- "She was willing to..." -I couldn't even bring myself to say it.

- "I know. I saw all that happened to Bailys." -Murphy did something uncharacteristic for him, he moved his hand to Sam's face and moved the hair from her eyes- "We befriended the crazy delinquent."

- "Sam has something about her." -I smiled- "I wanted to dislike her so bad after what happened with the radio, but I found myself liking her."

- "So I've heard." -Murphy chuckled as I furrowed my eyebrows- "Rumors travel fast, especially when it comes to Sam."

- "You say that like you were a long time with us before she got with Bellamy."

- "Yeah." -he nodded, looking into the nothing like he was thinking- "Those do as well." -he faced me- "You and Sam I can see, Sam and Bellamy... I guess too. But you three?"

- "Murphy!"

- "Am I wrong?"

- "Well," -I decided to play his game, shrugging my shoulders- "Sam's hard to resist and we make a good fit." -Murphy eyed me- "Bellamy's okay."

- "I don't want to know."

Murphy moved his hands in front of him before he started laughing and almost fell to the floor. I laughed too. It was all surreal, how I had come to think of people I never thought I'd like as family. I wasn't surprised Murphy knew about Sam and me; I had seen the way he had looked between us after that first time Sam and I spent at my tent. I had figured he might have been jealous like I had seen Bellamy act for a while, but Murphy had never felt that way about Sam. He loved her more than he'd ever admit; I saw it in the way he treated her, how he had always come back to find her, how he had asked about her as soon as we met at the camp and the lab, and more importantly, on how he had started to accept Bellamy as part of our group. It had been funny.

- "How's Emori?" -I finally asked after our laughter died out and our breathing evened out.

- "Still passed out too." –he sighed, looking down to where Emori was- "But she'll survive... thanks to Sam."

- "Go with her, I'll call you once Sam's awake." -I offered- "Don't let Emori wake up alone."

- "Thanks."

Murphy nodded and left us alone again.

- "I don't know if you can hear me," -I sat down closer to Sam, taking her hand in mine- "but I wanted to say that I'm glad you're here. We've lost touch after everything that's been going on with A.L.I.E. and then Azgeda... I wanted to say that I miss you, but I know you're doing your best to save us all. I'm trying too. I wish there was something I could do... before I... I think I'm going to die, Sam, and I'm not ready..." -I sniffled- "I'm not ready to die."

I didn't know how to say all the things I felt, so I stood there in silence, combing her hair as I rested my back on the couch, closing my eyes and simply enjoying the peaceful moment with my best friend.

When she woke up, she was a bit disoriented until she realized what had happened and tried to rise too quickly to go after Roan, but I pulled her down and asked her to take it easy; after all, we didn't know how Luna's cells had affected her body. I moved to take a glass of water for her and called Murphy as I did, who immediately moved upstairs with Emori. Once Sam was rehydrated, I left the couple with her to talk in peace, moving back to see what was going on out there. I knew I'd find time to talk to Sam. Jackson was taking a blood sample from Clarke and she seemed to be producing Nightblood on her own. It was time.

- "Alright." -she stated- "Let's do this."

- "You can't do that, Clarke!"

- "It's the only way, right?" –Abby didn't answer- "Mom, Sam trusted you and so do I." –she looked at Jackson- "Turn it on."

- "Jackson, don't." –Abby commanded- "Clarke, if you go in there, you will die. I saw it."

- "What are you talking about?"

- "I saw it. You and Samantha dead."

- "What?" –Sam stood straight next to me; I hadn't even heard her walk down the stairs.

- "Like I saw the rocket."

I tried to find the words to explain to Sam. I couldn't believe Abby would let Sam do that when we all knew what A.L.I.E. had been capable of doing. She knew Sam would die in that chamber, a painful and terrible death and she was still willing to let her do it. It disgusted me.

- "The chip?" –Sam questioned after a moment and I nodded.

- "We're wasting time."

The next couple of seconds went by in a rush. Abby pushed Clarke back, taking a metal bar and destroying the radiation chamber as everyone yelled at her to stop. Once she finished, no one dared go near her as she fell to the floor, her back to what was left of the machine.

- "You saw us die?!" –Sam yelled approaching Abby- "You knew it wasn't going to work and you still were going to put Emori in there! What is wrong with you!"

- "Hey, Sam..." –Murphy quickly moved after her, pulling her back- "It's not worth it."

- "She was going to murder her." –Sam had venom in her mouth.

- "But you saved her." –he hugged her- "I'm sorry I doubted you."

- "It's fine." –Sam was visibly calmer now- "But what are we going to do now?"

- "Don't worry." –Luna smiled beside me- "It'll all be over soon now." –she moved to the stairs to leave the lab.

- "You're not the only Nightblood now, Luna, so don't piss me off."

- "Then you're now as cursed as I am. Enjoy."

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1.8K 44 13
After being sent down on Earth with the other prisoners from the Ark, Y/N Reyes faces series of events and learns about survival. With new things hap...
17.5K 427 36
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 - ❝𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚❞ ❝𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚, 𝙞 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚❞ ✫✫✫ bellamy blake x fem!oc the 10...
56.7K 1.8K 68
{BOOK 2} [ 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝟑 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 �...
109K 3.5K 31
maybe one mistake was all it took for me to realize how feeble life truly is book 3 » the 100, season 3