ephemeral | unOrdinary x read...

By yoongicorn_93

In a hierarchical society, power determines everything. Those with great strength towered above all while the... More

note
β—‡1β—‡
β—‡2β—‡
β—‡3β—‡
β—‡4β—‡
β—‡5β—‡
β—‡6β—‡
β—‡7β—‡
β—‡8β—‡
β—‡9β—‡
β—‡10β—‡
β—‡12β—‡
β—‡13β—‡
β—‡14β—‡
β—‡15β—‡
β—‡16β—‡
β—‡17β—‡
β—‡18β—‡
β—‡19β—‡
β—‡20β—‡
β—‡21β—‡
β—‡22β—‡
β—‡23 β—‡
β—‡24 β—‡
β—‡25 β—‡
β—‡ 26 β—‡
β—‡ 27 β—‡
β—‡ 28 β—‡
β—‡29β—‡
β—‡30β—‡
β—‡31β—‡
β—‡32β—‡
β—‡33β—‡
β—‡34β—‡
β—‡35 β—‡
β—‡36 β—‡
β—‡37β—‡
β—‡38β—‡
β—‡39β—‡
β—‡40β—‡
β—‡41β—‡
β—‡42β—‡
β—‡43β—‡
β—‡44β—‡
β—‡45β—‡
β—‡46β—‡
β—‡47β—‡
β—‡48β—‡
β—‡49β—‡
β—‡50β—‡
β—‡51β—‡
β—‡52β—‡
β—‡53β—‡
β—‡54β—‡

β—‡11β—‡

9.9K 436 1K
By yoongicorn_93

Chapter 11

ELAINE WAS STUDYING when her phone got a notification. Seeing that it was a text message from Arlo, she opened up the text.

Arlo: Elaine you should inform the headmaster about what you found the other day.

Once she realized he was referring to the Unordinary book she found in Seraphina's room a few days ago, she contemplated on what to do.

-

The next day

Serry!" Y/N threw herself into Seraphina's arms, anime tears pouring down her cheeks like a waterfall. "You're the most amazing friend I've ever had."

"Thanks," John said sarcastically, crossing his arms.

Seraphina deadpanned at the crying girl, "You're only saying that because I just bought you a donut."

"Exactly-"

"Seraphina, please report to the main office."

The H/C pouted, mouth filled with the delicious vanilla frosted donut, "Whafph yhous doh nowsh?" She held her palm under her mouth to keep crumbs from falling.

Seraphina shrugged her shoulders carelessly, "Elaine probably ratted me out about Unordinary. I'll see you guys after I'm done dealing with it." She waved goodbye before heading to the main office. Y/N and John headed to class first, where they ran into a couple of mid tiers on the way. Luckily, Y/N distracted them by screeching "bird" at the top of her lungs while pointing to nothing and running away. What? She was too busy enjoying her donut to fight anyone.

The two stayed in class, where they were reviewing old material for an upcoming test. Things were uneventful until Y/N and John received a text message from Seraphina in the group chat the three had together.

emobitch: meet me by the school gate ASAP

gel_is_life: ok

wiGsnatcheR_69: roger that

"Miss Kim! Can I be excused from class? I need to take a dump," Y/N raised her hand and called out loudly.

"Can I also be excused? I have to..um..feed my cat..yeah.." John joined in.

The teacher sighed tiredly, already used to the nonsense she was forced to deal with everyday. "Go ahead. I don't care anymore." Racing out of the classroom, they met up with Seraphina at the front. She was holding a suitcase while a car was waiting for her on the side. Y/N felt her heart drop.

Voice barely above a whisper, Y/N asked, "What's the luggage for?"

"I have a flight home in two hours." Seraphina drawled. "I was right about Elaine ratting me out. They decided to send me home for a month."

"What?!" John and Y/N shouted in unison. "That's insane!"

"Yeah, it looks like we underestimated the situation. The authorities seem scared, especially with all the high tiers dying lately. They're being thorough to make sure I cleanse myself of the book's influence and don't spread it to others. On the bright side, they won't be coming after John anymore since I managed to trick the lie detector lady into thinking the book came from nowhere. It was difficult getting past her. I almost got caught twice. Good thing the headmaster-"

"Sera!" John grabbed her by the shoulders. "Stop talking about it like it's nothing! What if you had been found out? Your punishment would've been so severe, not even the headmaster could save you. You should've told them the truth. The book was mine to begin with.."

"None of that is relevant anymore. What matters is that we all got out of this relatively unscathed," Seraphina said in reply, looking on the half full side.

"I'm gonna miss you," Y/N whined. "Please don't leave me with this idiot!"

"Hey!"

A loud honk interrupted the moment, signaling Seraphina to get moving. With one last goodbye, she smiled, "That's my cue to go. I'll text you guys when I get home. See you in a month, okay?"

What the fuck, I thought I had an empty hole where my heart should be. What is this gross sappy shit I'm feeling?

The two continued waving until the car drove out of eyesight, leaving behind a trail of dust. They were both still in shock, the whole suspension ordeal happened all too suddenly. When they turned back to look at the school, a gloomy overhanging emitted from it.

Y/N patted John's back dramatically, "It's just you and me now buddy. You have a big responsibility on your shoulders. I wish you the best of luck."

"What responsibility?" He asked in confusion.

"Buying donuts for me, duh. Who's going to now that Serry's gone?"

"Bitch, I am not buying your donuts. Buy them yourself fatass!"

"Fine! I'm never lending you money to buy hair gel ever again!" Y/N huffed, turning her back to him. "You know, now that I think about it, I've never seen you without hair gel! What would you even look like?"

He shrugged nonchalantly, "I don't know, but the author keeps handing me these 10 mile long petitions made by the readers to not wear gel anymore."

"Then you must look better without it."

"I guess."

"Hey, you!"

John froze at the angry voice directed at him. Y/N turned around to see the same guy who crawled out of a bush and attacked John the first day she was here. He was livid, stomping towards John, ability already activated.

"Long time no see," He cracked his knuckles evilly. "I believe we have some unfinished business."

"Nope, I think you have the wrong guy. BYE!" John grabbed onto her hand, the two of them running away from the vengeful student.

"Get back here, you little bitches!" He roared as he ran after them.

Y/N retaliated, "Who you calling a-" she stopped when she noticed they hit a dead end. Turning to face John frantically, she rushed, "I can just knock him out. He's only a mid tier, I should-"

"No! Don't waste your energy on him. It's my fault he's after me, so I can deal with it. I don't want to leech off you." He quickly rejected the offer, making Y/N for an and wonder what caused him to have that mindset.

"I got you!" The chaser finally cornered them in the dead end, making him smirk triumphantly.

He sent a flying kick to John's head, but he was able to sense it beforehand. He dodged the kick by a hair and threw his papers into the chaser's face, obscuring him of vision for a small period of time. John and Y/N were about to round a corner when the chaser tackled John to the ground with unneeded force. Y/N swore she heard a few cracks, making her grimace.

"A cripple and his little friend thinks they can outrun me? Keep dreaming buddy. I won't fall for your stupid tricks again. Seraphina's not here to save you now. Time to get you back for what you owe me-!!" Prepping his fist with a psychotic grin, he was mere inches from possibly breaking more bones in John's body. It would only take a few seconds.

Wham!

Y/N stood above him, gaze venomous. "Sorry John, but I can't watch this sorry excuse of a human any longer."

"What did you say, you fucking slut?! I'll kill you!" He slammed his fist as hard as he could into her stomach as she flied back a foot from the impact. Dust clouded the area, making it hard to see.

"Y/N!" John cried.

"That'll teach you, stupid bitc-"

"Call me a fucking bitch one more time and I will gut you alive," Warning seethe through her voice thickly as she emerged from the dust without a trace of injury. Her left eye glowed ominously, enough to send even the toughest of people running to the toilet. It even put Erza to shame. He stumbled back in surprise. "For someone who's punch feels like a tiny pat, you sure talk big."

I almost forgot Y/N had a healing ability. John admitted in his head.

"How did you do that?! Crazy whor-"

"Shut up." She spat. "You talk too much." With that she sent a powerful blow to his head, knocking him unconscious for the time being. Once she saw that he was out cold, she let out a deep breath and deactivated her ability. She didn't necessarily enjoy using it, but when she saw her close friend getting hurt, she wouldn't stand for it.

"You okay John?" She noticed he was clutching his ribs and having trouble standing up.

"Yeah, I think he broke my ribs when he tackled me. Do you mind helping me to the infirmary?"

She slung his arm around her shoulder and helped him to his feet. Slowly, they made their way to the infirmary, where the doctor was oddly expecting them, a knowing expression plastered on his face.

"Back so soon? It hasn't even been an hour since Seraphina left and you already have multiple broken ribs and," the blue haired doctor grinned.

Is he okay?

"Yeah, but why are you smiling about it? It's creeping me out." John grabbed the medicine and began drinking it.

"Keene and I made a bet to see how long it would take you to break something after news of Seraphina's suspension got around. He owes me $50 now."

Choking on the medicine comically, he sputtered, "What the hell doc?!"

"So just for today, I won't give you a hard time." A sudden dark aura surrounded him. "But if you had come any later, I probably would've strangled you."

"You two seem close. Do you come to the infirmary that often John?" Y/N interrupted, her curiosity taking over. She regretted the moment she said that. The doctor robotically twitched his head to the side to face Y/N, a terrifyingly wide smile on his face, "Funny thing you asked. Go ahead John. Tell her."

He laughed anxiously, "Ha..ha..I'm good, thanks."

"I'll admit it. You've been coming less frequently for the past few weeks," He added, "Still more than I would like though."

"That's weird, I usually never see you in the infirmary, and we're in the same classes for most of the day," the H/C female rubbed her chin in wonder.

John sweatdropped, "That's because I'm more likely to get beat up when I'm alone."

"You know," She said, cracking her knuckles threateningly. "Just give me a few names and I'll have a friendly chat with them."

"No Y/N," he rejected the proposal immediately.

They waited in the infirmary for about one or two hours as John's ribs were healing. Spending most of the time playing games on their phones, Y/N was glad she had an excuse to not go to class. Her phone beeped at the same time as John's as they both got a message from Seraphina.

emobitch: my plane just landed

wiGsnatcheR_69: i heard the
airplane industry is really
taking off and reaching
new heights

emobitch: ...

gel_is _life: ...

gel_is_life: that's it. Your friendship card is revoked

emobitch is typing...

wiGsnatcheR_69: shut up john
this is y ur personality
is so PLANE

gel_is_life: omfg u did not just,,,
wait why r we even texting
we r literally sitting right
next to each other-

emobitch is typing...

gel_is_life: sera is bout to go
off on you sis. this is what u get
for all the bad puns

wiGsnatcheR_69: wtf I'm not ready

emobitch is typing...

gel_is_life: damn writing an essay I see

emobitch is typing...

emobitch: lol

wiGsnatcheR_69: ._.

gel_is_life: ...

wiGsnatcheR_69: we should've
known

gel_is_life: we'll text u later sera.
My ribs r healed so
we gotta head back to class.

emobitch: k see ya

wiGsnatcheR_69 : bye

Shoving her phone back into her pocket, her mood was uplifted when she saw John was up and walking again. He twisted his body a bit, hearing satisfying pops. Feeling refreshed and healed, he thanked the doc and exited the infirmary with Y/N.

"Don't come back," He grumbled.

As they roamed the halls, they passed by a group of three students who stared them down like prey. Y/N resisted the urge to squeeze lemon juice over their eyeballs. She honestly couldn't stand people staring at her like that.

"Hey John!" The lavender haired male of the group trapped John to the wall, arm placed above his head. "Word is that Seraphina got suspended for a month. So the girls and I wanted to borrow you for target practice today after school. You don't have anything better to do, right?"

"Actually, he does. He has a life, unlike you people," Y/N stepped in between the two, staring up intimidatingly. Despite the fact that she was shorter than him, she managed to maintain solid eye contact throughout the conversation, not looking away even once.

"Why is it that you all take joy in hurting others weaker than you for no reason? It's pathetic," Venom laced her voice as she shoved him away with her hand.

"Why you-"

A black and red mist surrounded them as they all looked up to see the doctor standing there with a terrifying expression. "I just want you all to know that I have a date tonight. And if anyone makes me work overtime, I'll kill them. Got it?" The midtiers cowered in fear, shivers running down their spine. They all nodded furiously, not wanting to anger the doctor. "I'm watching you assholes! Y'all better scram!" He warned one last time before stomping away.

I think he's my spirit animal.

The lavender haired male clicked his tongue, "Consider yourselves lucky-"

"You should consider yourself lucky. I was two seconds away from breaking your nose," Y/N cut him off. "Let's go John, I can't stand the sight of these things."

Back facing the three, Y/N could only snicker at how pissed off they looked. The snickering died down when she realized this would be happening a lot more frequently now that Seraphina's gone for a month. She swore she would pummel anyone who dared to touch her friend.

Nothing will change with Seraphina gone. All I have to do is keep me and John out of trouble for one measly month. No big deal.

Everything will stay the same.

•••

We all know that when an author says nothing will change that everything's gonna change jfjdfjbs

(Thank u for 2k views T_T, we're already almost to 3k as well sob)

Was the texting parts okay?? I've never tried writing something like that before. Would u guys want stuff like that in the future or naw?

Question: what's ur all time favorite webtoon?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 1K 63
High school is pretty rough, but for Kami, things are going to change. Kami roams her new school, watching everyone fight or compete to be labeled as...
46.5K 554 33
this story will be about a ship john and Seraphina (I don't own the characters i got the characters from uru-chan go follow her on Webtoon and read U...
190K 5.1K 63
What if John hadn't learned from the Readjustment Facility? What if, instead, he felt a need for revenge on all who wronged him. What if, he came ba...
48K 1.1K 13
Angel Doe is the epitome of childish. She never lost control like her twin brother, John Doe. In fact, she was the one who stopped him from killing a...