Niphredil Elentary (Legolas l...

By ElaheKarami

The last battle will happen soon. so many things will happen for Niphredil and she will feel Sauron's power m... More

A/N
Chapter 1: memorial ceremony
Chapter 2: Savior love
Chapter 3: Dunharrow
Chapter 4: Separation
Chapter 5: Eowyn
Chapter 6: To Gondor
Chapter 7: Frodo in trouble
Chapter 8: wild men
Chapter 9: The arrive of Rohirrim
Chapter 11: Healing the souls
Chapter 12: The command of Valar
Chapter 13: Sacrifice
Chapter 14: A Diversion
Chapter 15: Three gifts
Chapter 16: The high king of the Elves
Chapter 17: Elbereth Gilthoniel
Chapter 18: In front of the Black Gates
Chapter 19: Talk with the deceiver
Chapter 20: Fall of a star
Chapter 21: Niphredil's secret revealed
Chapter 22: Grief
Chapter 23: Love can save
Chapter 24: Returned for you
Chapter 25: Reunion with friends
Chapter 26: Gifts and farewell (1)
Chapter 27: Gifts and farewell (2)
Chapter 28: The white tree
Chapter 29: A gift for proposal
Chapter 30: The end of the third age
Chapter 31: Frodo's reason
Chapter 32: Greenwood and a surprise
Chapter 33: Elanill Mallorn
Chapter 34: Fëanor's prophecy
Chapter 35: The man
Chapter 36: Lenwë and love
Chapter 37: Legolas' worries
Chapter 38: The trouble begins
Chapter 39: The prophecy
Chapter 40: The truth
Chapter 41: Lady Niphredil
Chapter 42: Eldarion's proposal
Chapter 43: Rage is born
Chapter 44: The disaster
Chapter 45: The bloodied hand
Chapter 46: Into the west
Chapter 47: End of duty, End of everything
A/N

Chapter 10: The battle of Pelennor fields

1.9K 69 9
By ElaheKarami

Niphredil was in the middle of the battlefield, killing the Orcs back and forth. She had managed to see Eowyn and Merry all the time. She was clearing around them with her bow. The riders broke the line of the Orcs and went forth but then the host of Haradrim came forth. Their giant Mumakils were walking ahead, clearing the way from any unwanted fighter.

Niphredil saw the riders throwing spears at the creatures in vain. She saw Eomer not far away. She put an arrow in her bow. "Eomer!" she shouted and Eomer turned to her. "tell your men to target the riders." She said and released her arrow. The rider of the closest Mumakil fell and the creature lost its way and collided with the one which was near it and both fell on the ground.

"Aim for their heads! Aim for the riders!" shouted Eomer to his men. Soon more Mumakil's was brought down. Niprhedil looked around. She had lost Merry and Eowyn.

The flow of the war took her away from Eomer and Theoden. Suddenly, she heard the cry of Nazgul and saw the ugly creature landed and took something in its mouth. Theoden. Niprhedil saw with terror that the creature threw Theoden away. She tried to open her way to him but more Orcs closed her way. She was fighting hard when she heard a scream and raised her head. She saw the Nazgul beast was headless and fell on the ground. The Nazgul dismounted from the dead beast. It was the leader of the Nazguls, the witch king of Angmar. He walked and dragged his mace behind him and stood in front of a small soldier. Niphredil's heart skipped a bit. "Eowyn!" she shouted and fight harder to open her way. She saw them fight but Eowyn had no chance in front of the leader of the Nazguls. She fell on the ground after a few seconds and crawled on the ground desperately.

Niphredil put an arrow in her bow and released it. it hit the armor of the king of Angmar and he turned to her. at the same time, Niphredil reached them and jumped down from Lótë's back and stood between the Nazgul and Eowyn.

"Pick up someone at your own size, you foul soul." She said through greeted teeth.

The witch-king laughed darkly. "So the Elentary of Lorien at last. The one that master wants. I can see why he wants you so bad. Great power flows in your veins. a power that you don't deserve." He said menacing and drew a sword with jagged blades with his other hand. "I will take you for him, myself."

"You are talking too much, monster." Said Niphredil and attacked him. Their swords collided hard. The king spun his mace and Niphredil bent backward to dodge it. He spun the mace again. this time Niphredil spun around herself and forward. She dodged the mace and her sword injured the king's unseen arm somewhere on his elbow where his armor had been separated. He dropped the sword and clenched his injured arm but Niphredil didn't found a time to attack again.

"Niphredil!" Merry's terrified cry made her turn. She saw Merry on the ground backing away from an Orc who had his sword ready in its hand. Niphredil quickly put an arrow in the string and shot the Orc. She then turned to the king but as she turned, the mace collided with her belly and threw her a few meters away. Her grandfather's handmade shield protected her from mace spikes, but the severity of impact had caused her searing pain. She tried to stand but the pain blinded her and she fell on the ground, unconscious.

***

Niphredil opened her eyes slowly. Lótë was beside her, licking her face. Niphredil draped her hand around Lótë's neck and stood with her help. The pain in her belly was killing her. she looked at where she had last seen the Witch King of Angmar but only saw a pile of his armor there.

"Eowyn!" whispered Niphredil. so this was the great role that Niphredil had felt Eowyn will play. She was the one who defeated the Nazgul who was said can't be killed by any man.

Suddenly Lótë neighed and Niphredil saw a few Orcs attacking her. she saw her sword just a meter away and quickly ran to it and tried to ignore the horrible pain. She took her sword and killed the Orcs with two swift movements. Once again she was in the flow of the war. But something was different. She saw something strange. An army of dead people was on the battlefield. The white and green spirits were everywhere and the Orcs who were leaderless now,  were fleeing or were killed.

Niphredil heard a cry of an Orc from behind. She turned and raised her sword to attack but suddenly the orc stopped and she saw an arrowhead came out of the Orc's neck and it fell on the ground, dead. By its fell, it showed the person behind it. Niphredil's heart began to beat faster and before she could do anything Legolas' lips were on hers and he was kissing her deeply.

***

Niphredil melted into the kiss. All of her worries and pains vanished just like the battlefield around them. She only could feel Legolas' lips and warm body and his strong and safe arms.

They heard a cry and pulled away. Legolas' blade was ready in his hands in an instant and he pushed Niphredil behind himself, but they only saw Gimli killing an Orc behind them. He pulled out his ax from Orc's dead body and looked at the two. "only two idiot pointy ears can stand and kiss each other in the middle of a battle." He cried and then looked at Niphredil and his face softened.

"it's good to see you again, lassie." He said happily and then attacked an Orc who was running toward him.

Legolas turned to Niphredil and grabbed her shoulders. "are you fine? I saw you on the ground." he asked worriedly. Niphredil gazed at his eyes and tears of joy welled up in her eyes. She was happy beyond measure to see Legolas again. "now I'm very fine." She said.

Legolas looked behind her and quickly took his bow and shot at two orcs which were coming their way. He then looked around. The battle was almost over. Gimli came and stood next to Legolas and Niphredil. The strange spirits were killing the remaining of the Orcs. They saw Aragorn walked toward them.

"Aragorn!" said Niphredil. Aragorn smiled at her and hugged her. "It's good to see you again, Niphredil." he said. They had won the battle. Soon they were surrounded by the spirits. Legolas curled his arm around Niphredil and pulled her back to his chest. Then one of the spirits came forth. "Release us." He said to Aragorn. 

"Bad idea. Very handy in a tight spot, these lads, despite the fact they're dead." Said Gimli.

"You gave us your word." Said the King of the dead. "I hold your oath fulfilled," said Aragorn. "Go. Be at peace." Then a wind blew and the dead people vanished in instant.

They saw Gandalf not far away. He saw them and bowed to Aragorn who returned the gesture. Behind him, two men were walking. Both were tall. One with black hair and gray eyes and the other ...

"Finrod!" whispered Niphredil in disbelief. Finrod's eyes met hers and his blue eyes grew wide. "Niphredil!" he shouted and ran to his sister. Niphredil ran as fast as her pain allowed and soon she was in her brother's arms who spun her happily and hugged her tightly. A little pressure was enough for Niphredil to hiss in pain. She put her hand on her belly and bent forward. Finrod panicked. "Niphredil! what's wrong?" he asked worriedly. His blue eyes were full of concern. Legolas was beside them in instant. "the mace of the witch king." Said Gandalf and Niphredil nodded.

"You must be wounded then. Come, we must check your wound." Said Finrod.

"There is no wound. My shield prevented it. it must be only bruised." Said Niphredil weakly.

"Still we should do something for the pain." Said Legolas. "I'm fine. I must find Merry and ..." she got cut off by a cry in agony. They all turned and saw Eomer who ran near the giant creature and fell on his knees and picked up the body of one of the soldiers, but not an ordinary soldier. "oh no! Eowyn!" whispered Niphredil sadly. 

"No! No!" cried Eomer and pressed his unmoving sister to his chest. his pain was so much that broke Niphredil's heart. The man with black hair who was with Finrod and Niphredil found out later that he was Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, ran to Eomer and knelt beside him. Then the prince touched Eowyn's hand as he bent to look more closely on her. "Eomer!" he cried. "Are there no leeches among you? She is hurt, to the death maybe, but I deem that she yet lives." And he held the bright-burnished vambrace that was upon his arm before her cold lips, and behold! a little mist was laid on it hardly to be seen. "Haste now is needed." he said to shocked Eomer. Eomer then picked up his sister and quickly carried her into the city.

Niphredil was happy but she was worried for Merry. "Merry!" she shouted and released herself from Legolas' grasp. She saw Pippin running their way. He saw her and his eyes filled with happiness. "Niphredil!" he said and ran to her and hugged her legs tightly. Niphredil was so happy to see him fine. But she grabbed Pippin's shoulders. "Pippin, go and search for Merry. He must be around." She said.

Pippin's eyes grew wide from fear. He quickly went and began to search. So was it that they found Merry near the dead body of the beast. He was alive but because he had hit the Nazgul, his hand was cold like ice and he was almost unconscious.

So it was that the battle of the Pelennor ended. They found Theoden's dead body not far away from the dragon-like creature. So many others were dead. The grief was beyond measure. But the clouds of darkness were gone and soon the night fell and stars covered the clear sky. A great price they had paid for the victory.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 540 34
Legolas x (Fem) oc In which, the Faerie Princess joins the fellowship on their journey to save Middle-Earth, and finds love along the way. ...
62.4K 1.7K 33
Story Rankings as of 9/11/2022 #36 elf out of 9.2k stories #22 aragorn out of 1.7k stories #7 theonering out of 87 stories Raewyn has a special backg...
44K 1.3K 16
The fellowships have broken. Can Niphredil help Frodo as she promised him? Can Sauron find Niphredil or Legolas can save her as everyone hope? Can th...
136K 3.7K 34
Sara is just a ordinary girl. She has heard of the Lord of the Ring books but never read one. But what happens if she falls into the greatest stories...