The Mad Hatter (Black Clover...

By Ur2chaotic

"It's always time for tea~!" -Mady ●●● Klaus Lunettes, a member of Golden Dawn, had a little sister that was... More

Info
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A Gift!!!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Gift 2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Poems (eh dunno)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 1

18K 631 703
By Ur2chaotic

Third Person's POV

Mady woke up to the sounds of shuffling feet and hushed voices. She opened her eyes, her purple orbs meeting golden ones. Realizing that she's not in her brother's room, she let out a yell, startling the children inside.

"What happened?!" Sister Lily and Father appeared from the door with worried looks on their faces. Mady looked at them with tears forming in her eyes.

"M-mady's scared!" She shouted, pulling the blanket over her nose in attempt to hide herself, which failed adorably.

"Hey, Yuno, she speaks differently!" Asta, the ash-blonde boy, looked at the Yuno, the black-haired one who is staring at Mady in curiosity and wonder. Ignoring Asta, he went beside Mady and placed his hand atop her head.

Mady started to cry, causing Father and Sister Lily to panic, as they looked around frantically, searching for something to soothe the red-haired child. Sister Lily searched through the shoulder bag and pulled out a Chamomile tea bag, pushing it at Father's face, "Father, please heat the water." She said as she pulled Mady's purple top hat and placed it on Mady's head, causing the said girl to stop crying and hugged Sister Lily. Ruki adviced them to give Mady some tea if ever she started crying.

As expected, it worked like magic. Father returned with a whole pot and a tea cup. When Mady saw the cup and smelled it, she jumped off of Sister Lily's lap and into Father, pouring the tea into the cup, she sipped it happily, sitting comfortably on Father's lap, swinging her feet back and forth.

Father remembered the letter that they found on Mady's coat last night, so he pulled it out from somewhere and gave it to Sister Lily, motioning for her to read it.

"Hey, Little Mady, your brother wrote something for you." Father said, completely grabbing Mady's attention as she looked at Sister Lily expectantly. Sister Lily sweatdropped. 'Nobles.' She thought.

She cleared her throat as she opened the letter, Asta and Yuno sitting on both of her side.

"Dear Mady,

Hey Mads, it's big brother, I'm sorry that I'm not there for you right now, but you have to take care of yourself, be a warrior for Onii-san, yeah? I'm sure that the people
Mr. Ruki left you with are the kindest people on earth.
Remember what I told you about being a Magic Knight? I'll wait for you as one of the protector of Clover Kingdom. I love you so much Mady, I'm sure you'll be a great woman someday, the Mad Hatter, right?

Will always love you far and beyond,
In the beautiful place of Wonderland,

♡Klaus-nii-chan"

Sister Lily finished the letter with a sad smile, patting Mady on the head who is holding back her tears. Father frowned, "It's okay to cry." He said, rubbing circles on Mady's back who refused by shaking her head no.

"No. Onii-san said that Mady's a warrior. So Mady's going to be one!" She responded while stubbornly rubbing the tears away from her eyes, looking up at them with a determined look.

It turned soft when she saw Sister Lily's smile, with a smile on her own, she asked, "When is tea time?"

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●

~5-years-old~

"Asta, do you want some tea?" Mady's voice snapped Asta back to reality since he has been staring at an empty space for a long time after he got rejected by Sister Lily again.

Asta sighed before patting Mady's head affectionately. "You're too innocent, Mady." He said, bringing Mady to tilt her head to the side in confusion. "Huh?"

"Sister Lily! Lift!" Mady ran to Sister Lily with her arms up in a grabbing motion like how a child would do when they want to be carried. Sister Lily sent her an apologetic smile, "Gomen, Mady-chan but Sister Lily is busy, you can ask Yuno if you want." Sister Lily said, pointing to the black-haired boy beside Asta.

"Yuuunnnooo~, liftuuu~." Mady cooed in an adorable way with a small pout.

Yuno blushed a hue of pink, lifting Mady by her arms and pulling her in his lap. Mady cuddled with him contentedly under the big tree infront of the church.

Sister Lily and Asta's eyes sparkled in interest as the two of them looked at the cute display of affection. "Ho ho ho... you seeing what I'm seeing, Asta?"

"Pretty sure I am..."

"Am I hearing wedding bells?"

"Is it our wedding then?"

"Water Magic: Holy Fist of Love!"

"Ittai!"

●Few moments later●

"Can I ask for someone to bring this letter to the Mayor?" Father asked as he arrived at the church. Mady fell asleep, leaning on Yuno earlier.

"Yuno, can you go?" Father asked the boy.

Yuno nodded hesitantly, "O-okay, I'll go." He said, handing the sleeping Mady to Father as he ran to the town.

A few hours has passed, Mady woke up and saw Father carrying her in the church, with a startled yelp, she shouted, "Waahh! Yuno turned into a Granpa!" Mady pointed out, making the children, especially Asta to laugh loudly, forcing Sister Lily to join them.

After explaining to Mady that Yuno has to go somewhere for awhile, she pouted, "But Mady wants to cuddle with Yunooo." She whined before looking out the window, her eyes sparkled.

"Asta! It's raining ice cream outside!" She pointed out, making the grumbling Asta to raise his head immediately and followed where she's looking at. When he saw the snow, he laughed slightly, "It's just snow, Mady. Anyway, Yuno's been out for a long time now, can we eat first?" He whined, making Sister Lily to scold him and Mady to let out a huff, "Mady wants to slap Asta, is that allowed Sister Lily?" She asked the blue-haired woman.

"Mady-chan, you're incredibly honest!" Sister Lily chuckled, looking at Asta who turned pale. "Ehh?! Mady wants to slap me? Why?!" He asked.

"Asta doesn't want to wait for Yuno. Meanie!" Mady pointed at him accusingly, shifting her purple top hat on her head.

A few moments later, Asta pulled Mady's hand and went outside the church when no one was looking. "Let's go to Yuno, he must have been in trouble." Asta said, walking fast with Mady trailing behind him.

As they reached the town, they heard Yuno's voice and another of a man. They saw the man holding Yuno's blue pendant as Asta charged at the man with a battle cry while Mady went to Yuno and gave him a cloak.

"Yuno, Mady's really worried, are you alright?" Mady asked, tears forming in her eyes. Yuno hugged her to prevent her from crying, "It's fine. Yuno's not hurt." Yuno cooed, rubbing Mady's back repeatedly to comfort her.

"But you're hurt!" Mady shouted, pulling away from a shocked Yuno.

Out of the corner of Yuno's eyes, he saw the trees swaying violently, the flowers nearby grew taller, vines started slither near Mady's feet like a snake, waiting to pounce on its unfortunate prey.

"Asta! Get away!" Yuno shouted, Asta nodded then ran away from the man as Mady's hand formed to fists.

"You hurt Yuno! I hate you! I hate you!" Mady shouted, unconsciously raising her right hand, the vines followed her command as they covered the man's body, him shouting in fear. One of the vines took the pendant from his hands and gave it to Mady's outstretched one.

With a last heave of breath, Mady pulled her hand away, releasing the man as he ran away from the area.

Mady returned to a bruised covered Asta and Yuno, she gave the pendant to Yuno, who took it thankfully.

"Arigato, Mady, Asta." Yuno smiled at them, rubbing the tears away from his eyes.

Starting that night, Asta and Yuno decided to become rivals and be the Magic Emperor.

Oh. Did I also mention that they don't want to see an angry Mady, ever again?

●●● Their 8th Birthday ●●●

"Come on Asta, Yuno, what do you two want for your birthday?" Father asked the silent boy and the enthusiastic ash-blonde. Asta thought for a moment before he grinned mischievously as he snapped his fingers.

"Ah! I want Sister Lily to marry me!"

"Then can Mady marry me?"

All of them were beyond shock that a stoic child like Yuno would ask to have the eccentric girl to marry him on his birthday. Mady of course wasn't able to understand it correctly while she stared up at Yuno in confusion as if asking 'Wait. What?'

Father could only run a hand over his face and sweatdrop with a sigh, possibly thinking, 'These two thick-headed chipmunks.'. "Okay. How about you, Mady?" Father asked, placing his hand on Little Mady's shoulder.

Mady thought for a moment before a smile graced her lips, "Mady wants Mister Rabbit!"

They paused.

Father smiled before standing up, thankful that atleast one of them has a normal request. "Ja! I guess we're having rabbit stew as requested by Mad---."

"Nooouuhhh!!!" Mady yelled, horrified, holding her arms up, stopping Father from completing his sentence.

It was Father's turn to snap his fingers. "Ah! I know! Then Sister Lily, do you know any toy store in town that sells rabbit stuffed toys?"

Sister Lily held her chin, thinking for awhile. Before she can open her mouth, Mady yelled again, but this time, she stomped her feet in slight frustration.

"Mady doesn't want a stuffed toy! Mady wants a pet rabbit! A live one!" She said incredulously, desperately pulling on Father's robe.

Father rubbed his goatee, deciding over the thought of Mady having a pet, Mady could only pout. "Mady promises to take good care of Mister Rabbit!"

Her cute pout and comical tear bubbles drove Father's guiltiness to test. They spent the next following minutes staring at each other.

Finally, Father gave up and told Sister Lily to fetch his broom so he can buy a rabbit on the pet store.

Mady threw her arms up in victory shouting, "Yaaayy!"

Asta and Yuno stared at each other, with a sigh, they said together, "Our request would never be fulfilled."

Poor Asta and Yuno...

Few hours later●

Father arrived with a cage that is covered by a piece of cloak. Mady jumped excitedly as Father handed her the cage. "Open it." He urged Mady.

She pulled the cloak off of the cage and sure enough, a white-furred rabbit is inside the cage, it was weirdly staring up at them with furious blue eyes, gripping the metal bars of the cage with its paws, "I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"

They all stopped in shock. I mean, who wouldn't?

"It can talk..." Mady whispered.

"Father!" Sister Lily yelled at the sheepish man in a horrified expression.

Father could only rub his neck, sheepishly grinning at them with a peace sign, "Etto... I didn't buy this uh... talking rabbit, actually." Father paused, Sister Lily urged him to continue. "I kinda stopped by a forest and had the Sorceress give me this enchanted Rabbit for a really cheap price. I couldn't pass on that opportunity, of course!" Father finished with rosy cheeks and sparkling eyes.

That was the last straw.

Sister Lily lost it.

"GRRRRRHH! FATHEEERRR!!! HOW DARE YOU GIVE MADY-CHAN A POSSIBLY CURSED PET! JUST HOW SHALLOW ARE YOU?!?!" Sister Lily literally choked Father to death as she pointed at Mady, who is looking at the rabbit in wonder.

Blinking once, twice, then thrice, Mady hugged the white rabbit, "Mady loves him!!!"

Sister Lily dumped Father to the ground with a horrified gasp, "Oh no! She's grown attached to it! Father! What have you done?!" Turning back to the poor priest, who is weeping helplessly on the ground.

Mady sat up straight, "Oh! Mady wants to call you Mr. Rabbit!"

Once again, Sister Lily broke down, punching Father in the gut this time. "Now she gave it a name! Father! How dare you!"

For the rest of the night, Asta, Yuno and the other children kept Sister Lily in bay to prevent her from attacking Father while Mady cluelessly played with Mr. Rabbit, who kept shouting, "I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!"

Mady gave him a pocket watch to let him check the time but he never lets go of it even if Mady tried to pull it away from him. Eventually, Mady let him keep the pocket watch since he looks like he really likes it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 20.6K 38
Both orphaned at a young age, Yuno and Y/n grew up together in the same church along with Asta. However, the two always had a closer bond that one re...
205K 7.4K 123
Ranked #1 04/02/20 , 14/03/20 , 27/05/20 , 12/09/20 , 08/10/20; 16/09/20; 13/10/20 , 20/12/20 , 10/10/21 , 04/11/21 , 24/11/21 , 09/01/22 , 19/01/22...
677K 20.8K 72
A girl with strange looks and unknown background is found in front of a church. Growing up with two of her best friends she lives her dream of being...
71.2K 3.6K 33
❝𝖨 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽'𝗏𝖾 𝖼𝖺𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗎𝗉 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗐❞ ! sequel to where (hxh) Following the Yorknew fiasco, (y/n) leaves the safety of...