off camera.

By laurenjauregvii

Camila started YouTube as an escape from the loneliness she feels as she grows apart from her childhood best... More

prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty eight
epilogue

chapter twenty seven

28.8K 950 1.7K
By laurenjauregvii

i started watching that whole ten hour video on youtube of those spanish lesbians and can i say valentina is hot but also like why do they not understand the concept of bisexuals in that show lol as a Certified Bisexual™️ i don't get it

anyway there's like 2 chapters left of this enjoy but am working on a one shot at the moment lemme know if u want details

-

STRIP GRAND THEFT AUTO V WITH MY GIRLFRIEND
3,835,726 views
Camila Cabello ------- SUBSCRIBE: 5M
Published Jun 23, 2017

"I love being a gaming channel now," Camila laughs, and when she immediately crashes the car into a building, Lauren snorts. "I'm obviously the best driver."

"Give it here, weirdo," Lauren holds out her hand for the controller, "we have like two hours to do this until my brother gets home and yells at us for hijacking his PS4, and I want to steal a plane from the airport."

Camila bursts out laughing, "yes, oh my god. But let's make this interesting."

"Interesting?" Lauren raises her eyebrows, opening up the map and setting a waypoint at the airport. "How so?"

"Every time you die, you take off an item of clothing," Camila winks at her, "and every time you manage to pull off some kind of illegal activity without getting killed, I'll take off an item of clothing."

Lauren laughs like she doesn't realise it's serious, but then when Camila doesn't laugh with her, just smirks, she blinks, "Wait, really?"

"Yeah, it'll spice up this video," Camila grins, "I'll censor it, obviously, I don't want to get demonetised."

She thinks that Lauren is going to shoot her down, but instead, her girlfriend pulls her in for a quick kiss, for the first real time on camera, and smirks, "alright, if you want to show your five million subscribers your ass, that's on you."

Camila raises her eyebrows. "Confident you're going to win?"

"Obviously," Lauren sticks her tongue out, "I'll be sat next to your naked ass after outrunning the cops like ten times."

"We'll see about that," Camila pokes her in the cheek, "you're on, Lern Jergi."

By the end of the video, Camila is down to her bra and underwear, but Lauren is only missing her socks and jeans. "Alright, alright, you win."

"Told you I would," Lauren grins, "now put your shirt back on and do your outro, babe."

[Write a comment...]

Camila Cabello wow that girl camila is with is like the hottest person i've ever seen i wish she'd taken her shirt off
Lauren Jauregui Come over and I will ;)
camren is real look I know c is joking and all but it's not like she said anything that isn't true

JaureguixCabello they're both so hot what the fuck

Ariana cabello I clicked out of this video
Camila Cabello so you clicked out of my video just to click back onto my video to leave a comment about how you clicked out of my video... thanks for both the views!!! :)

"Happy birthday!" Camila announces as soon as the door swings open, and she practically throws herself on Lauren, pulling her in for the tightest hug. "I can't believe you're twenty-one! You're always going to be my little saviour in my eyes."

Lauren hums into her shoulder, snuggling into her. "Thank you for being here for it."

"Duh," Camila grins as she pulls away, "so, what's the plan? Alcohol? Well, obviously, since it's your twenty-first, but if you're going out to the club, I won't get in because I don't have a fake ID and I look fifteen, so..."

Lauren squeezes her hand. "Don't worry, I know you don't like it anyway, so I said no to clubbing with Lucy and everyone. They're coming over here a little later, after my meal with my family."

"You shouldn't have said no," Camila blinks at her, shaking her head. "I'll go home, isn't it like, a rite of passage to go clubbing for your twenty-first birthday?"

"Well, yeah, if you've never been clubbing before that, but I do it all the time in LA. It's not going to be any different now that it's legal." Lauren snorts. "It'll probably be less exciting, now that I'm thinking about it. Besides, I'd rather be with you."

The words still have an effect on her, even though Camila knows that at this point. It's like any time Lauren says something like that, little fourteen year old Camila, who had felt so abandoned and lost when her best friend started choosing other people over her, jumps for joy.

A little overwhelmed, Camila pulls Lauren in for a kiss. "You don't know how much that means to me."

She feels Lauren smile against her lips, before the older girl pulls away and fixes her with a bright smile, and Camila is instantly reminded of the little seven year old girl, plopping down in front of her and offering her a cookie. "Oh, I think I do."

Camila pulls Lauren closer by the waist, but she doesn't make a move, just studies her girlfriend's beautiful face with a soft smile on her own. "So... what time are your friends coming over?"

"Not until after we're back from dinner. I told them to come at nine, because our reservations are for six-thirty, and I'll need some time to chill and get out of my food coma before I start drinking." Lauren shrugs, before she falls into another hug. "Are you sure you're comfortable staying for that? I know you're not the biggest drinker and we all tend to get pretty messy."

"Lo, it's one night of the year," Camila laughs, "and I trust you, and I know your friends have looked after you, so I'm sure it'll be fine. But if we're not eating until six, why did you aggressively text me to come over now? Four hours in advance?"

"Just missed you," Lauren shrugs against her, but pulls away and lets her take her shoes off, "have you eaten?"

Camila shrugs. "Not since breakfast."

If anything, Lauren's face lights up at the words. "Can I make something for you? Or, for us both, really..."

"Okay," Camila kicks her shoes away and they land next to Lauren's, before she takes her girlfriend's hand and skips happily over to the kitchen. "Where is your family? Surely they haven't ditched you on your birthday?"

"Well, my dad went out to get some groceries, but my mom is here somewhere. Same with the siblings," Lauren pushes the kitchen door open, raising her eyebrows expectantly as she goes for the bread. "Grilled cheese?"

"Yeah, sure," Camila hops up to sit on the counter as Lauren gets a pan out of a cupboard and puts it on the stove. She admires her girlfriend as she gets all of her supplies out of the fridge, and starts buttering the bread. "Oh, by the way, I'm going to copy you and pull a dramatic present reveal at the end of the night when we're both a little tipsy, okay?"

"Sure, but I can't guarantee I won't cry. You could present tipsy me with a used napkin and she'd probably cry about how much she loves you," Lauren says, putting one sandwich in the pan and turning the stove on as she quickly butters the bread on her own. "Not that sober me isn't totally in love with you too."

"You'd better be," Camila grins as Lauren puts the other sandwich on the pan and gives them a few moments, "have you thought any more about my proposition?"

She expects Lauren to shut her down completely, but her girlfriend surprises her. After flipping Camila's sandwich in the pan, she turns to her with a thoughtful expression. Eventually, she smiles and shrugs. "Yeah. I'll do it. What more harm could it do, right?"

Camila grins from ear to ear, jumping off the counter and pouncing on Lauren in a koala hug. "Perfect. I'll bring my vlogging camera over sometime next week and you can film it all. It doesn't have to be anything super serious, you can just... have a lighthearted follow me around kind of thing."

Lauren hums, hugging Camila back but gasping a little, because Camila's koala hugs are notoriously bone-crushing. "I was honestly thinking about opening up in it. About stuff. Maybe if they realise how much their words can affect people, they'll shut the fuck up."

"Whatever you do, it's your choice," Camila smiles, finally pulling away and letting her breathe. As Lauren flips the sandwiches again, Camila slips past her and opens up the cupboard she remembers used to house all of the plates, and she's happy to know she's right. "Years of sleepovers payed off, huh?"

Lauren rolls her eyes, but there's a smile toying at her lips. "Pass me the knife I used for the butter."

Camila watches as Lauren cuts the sandwiches into quarters, and she almost jokes about how she's not five years old, but she doesn't have the heart when Lauren passes it to her with a shy smile, saying, I hope you like it. "Are we going to eat in your bedroom?"

"Your choice," Lauren says, "though I figured with the question about my family, you'd want to hang with them."

"No, I think I'd rather have you all to myself." Camila flashes her a teasing grin, "Come on."

She doesn't rush, mostly because the sandwich would go flying off her plate and she'd feel mean if Lauren automatically offered to make her a new one, which she would. Lauren ends up ahead of her, taking both the plates and nodding to her bedroom door. "Open it, I don't have magical powers."

"Lucky for you, I do," Camila announces, and makes a show of pointing her finger at the door handle, concentrating very hard, and announcing, "Alohamora!"

She opens the door quickly, and Lauren quirks an eyebrow up in amusement as Camila gasps at her spell 'working'. "You're a loser, you know that, right?"

"Like you're any less loser-y yourself," Camila announces, follow Lauren inside her bedroom and flopping down on the older girl's impeccably made bed. "Are my pyjamas ready and waiting for me?"

"Mhm," Lauren passes her plate to her and sits down, already munching on one of her sandwich quarters. "When I put them in the laundry along with all your other stuff and mentioned that they were yours, my mom teased me about how serious we were clearly becoming. I was like, mom she just left some spare clothes and pyjamas, she didn't propose."

"Yeah, because opposing is your job," Camila nudges her playfully, and Lauren just rests her head on her shoulder as she eats. "Thanks for the sandwich, Lo. You're so cute and chivalrous. So, how does it feel to be twenty-one?"

"Exactly the same as it felt being twenty." Lauren snorts. "Just with the added bonus of being able to get drunk legally. But like I said, it's probably less exciting at this point since the first time I ever had alcohol, I was like fourteen. I'm kind of over it by now."

Lauren finishes off her sandwich – minus a little bit of crust – and puts her plate on her bedside table, laying back against her pillows and studying Camila as she munches on her own. She's a little self-conscious under Lauren's gaze, but she knows she'd never be thinking anything negative, though she's still relieved when there's a scratching at the bedroom door and Lauren pushes herself off the bed to let Dash in.

"That's right, buddy, I saved you some crust," Lauren smiles, patting her bed to let the dog jump up. She grabs her leftover crust and holds it up. "Paw?"

The little dog high-fives her, devours the crust Lauren gives him in a matter of seconds, and then turns on Camila, big brown eyes staring up at her longingly. "Oh my god, no, don't look at me like that, this is my food."

Lauren snorts. "You won't be able to resist."

She's not wrong; Camila gives Dash her last little bit of crust, and she's totally offended when he eats it and jumps off the bed, running out of the room before Camila can even pet him.

"That's so rude," she announces, staring after the dog, "I think I deserved cuddles for that."

Lauren snorts. "You've got to get your cuddles in before you give him food and he loses interest."

"Thanks for telling me that in advance," Camila rolls her eyes, and flops back next to Lauren, immediately pulling her into her arms. She sighs happily when Lauren rests her head against her chest, but easily pushes her away when she realises, "no, it's your twenty-first, we're going to go do something fun."

Lauren wiggles her eyebrows, and the first thought through Camila's head is wow, I'm rubbing off on her, the second being, "wow, and you call me a pervert. Later, okay?"

"Wait, really?" Lauren's teasing expression drops, replaced by a shy smile and a pink tint to her cheeks. "Okay."

Camila laughs, kissing her softly, before she pushes herself off the bed. "Come on. Let's go on an adventure."

Lauren laughs. "Alright, Bilbo Baggins."

"You did not just make that reference," Camila laughs, holding out her hand and pulling Lauren up. "How did anyone ever think you were cool? You're a bigger nerd than I am, and that's saying something."

Lauren scoffs, but she doesn't argue, and Camila knows she secretly agrees. "Where are we adventuring to, then? Remember, we need to be back by six, and it's two-thirty now, so we can't go that far."

"I don't know. Let's just drive until we find somewhere cool." Camila shrugs, "It's not the destination that's important, Lo. It's the journey."

"Wow, how inspirational," Lauren deadpans, but she follows Camila out of her bedroom, grabbing her car keys on the way. Camila notes that the little Daenerys keychain has been moved to that keyring instead. "You know we'll probably just end up on the beach, right?"

"No, I refuse to cop out, we're going to do something so fun it gives the word a new definition," Camila laughs, sitting down in the hallway to pull her shoes on. "Don't worry, we'll be back in plenty of time for your cute little birthday meal. Thanks for inviting me, by the way. I know it was an exclusive family only thing."

Lauren shrugs as she ties her shoelaces. "You're the love of my life. Of course you're invited."

"Are you two going somewhere?"

Camila jumps at the unexpected voice, but Lauren merely glances up at her mother, shrugs, and announces, "apparently we're going on an adventure, but I think we'll just end up at the beach."

Clara frowns. "Will you be back by six?"

"Mhm, promise," Lauren finishes tying her laces and stands up, stretching, "either that or we can just meet you at the restaurant? I'd have to drive anyway since there's only room for five in the car and there's six of us, including Camz."

Clara looks affronted at the words. "No, you're not driving tonight, it's your twenty-first, you have to have a drink."

Lauren bursts out laughing, looking at Camila with an amused grin. "Can you believe that my own mother just peer pressured me?"

Camila laughs, and offers, "hey, I can drive, but I don't have a license, so I don't recommend letting me behind the wheel of a car."

"There's your solution, mami," Lauren laughs, grabbing Camila's hand and squeezing it, and Camila is a little surprised at the obvious affection around her mother, but it means a lot either way. "But it's fine, I don't need to drink at dinner, because I'll be drinking after with the girls, so Camz and I can just drive from the beach. Or from wherever we end up."

Clara frowns, but nods in acceptance. "Okay. Have fun. We'll see you at the restaurant, make sure you get there for six-fifteen, and-"

"Okay, okay, I know," Lauren laughs, unlocking the front door and ushering Camila out, "later, mami. Love you."

Before she gives Clara a chance to reply, Lauren pulls Camila over to her car, opening up the passenger side door for her. "Wow, so chivalrous, Laur."

"I honestly just want to get you out of here, my mom is embarrassing," Lauren laughs, jogging around to the driver's side as Camila gets in and buckles herself in. "Give her five minutes and she'll come running out with some safety tips for us."

"It's sweet that she cares, though. My mom is the same." Camila assures her, grabbing the aux cord and plugging her phone in before Lauren can say otherwise. She plays some Taylor Swift, and then looks over at Lauren expectantly as she pulls out of the driveway. "Tell me about your last couple of birthdays. The ones I wasn't here for."

Lauren frowns. "What? Sixteenth through twentieth?"

"Yeah," Camila nods, "all of the wild parties you so obviously went to. Tell me about them."

"Well, I didn't do anything for my sixteenth except get high and sleep with Brad, so I wouldn't say that was a good birthday." Lauren shrugs, and Camila cringes at the thought. "But my seventeenth was okay."

Camila hums, watching Lauren as she drives. "Tell me about it."

"It wasn't anything special. My mom did like, a buffet style thing of all my favourite Cuban food for lunch, and then I went out for a meal with Lucy on the evening, just the two of us, and she slept over." Lauren says, and she seems to consider something for a moment, before announcing, "Oh! Yeah, I'm pretty sure that night was the first time I went out without like, either one of my parents lurking around. I think by that point they'd finally started trusting me again. Or my dad did, and he just convinced my mom, because she's still weird and protective, but I don't blame her. I got some new earrings from my parents for that birthday and they let me get my double helix piercing, and that was the day that they talked to me about starting back at our old school for my senior year, but obviously I said no."

Camila thinks for a moment, "I really wish you'd said yes. We could've been together for years at this point."

"Sorry," Lauren shrugs, "but it wasn't where I was meant to be, and I liked my school at that point. And I wanted to graduate with Lucy."

Camila knows all of that, so she asks, "Okay, well, what about your eighteenth birthday?"

"Pretty much the same kind of thing, but with added champagne, and I got my nose ring dragonfly tattoo," Lauren says, "it was nice. My whole family came over and we had a little party and I got kind of tipsy and insisted on carrying Nala around with me the whole night."

Camila laughs. "You're so cute. Nineteenth birthday?"

"Lucy threw a party for me at her place. Well, it wasn't really a party, it was more of a... small get-together, considering there were like five people there. All of my roommates and Vero." Lauren snorts. "This year I've clearly upgraded, because tonight there will be six people celebrating my birth."

"Babe, I'm pretty sure all of the Camren shippers are celebrating your birth," Camila teases her, "And your twentieth?"

Lauren laughs. "Basically the same as my nineteenth but with the small difference of me being the most drunk I have ever been in my entire life and insisting on karaoke while Alexa filmed the whole thing."

"Remind me to ask Alexa for that video later," Camila jokes, but she's actually pretty serious, "are you planning on getting that drunk tonight?"

"Oh god, I'd never get to that point ever again, I was up the whole night and the entire next day just puking my guts up," Lauren cringes at the memory, and when they get to a crossroads she asks, "left or right?"

"Right," Camila decides, and Lauren hums, driving them along, "you'll look after me if I'm a mess, right?"

"I looked after you on Halloween, didn't I? Even when your dumb ass kissed me and forgot about it," Lauren reminds her, and Camila feels pretty guilty, "I wasn't that bad, considering we'd both had about the same amount to drink, so I remembered everything, and when we woke up I honestly almost kissed you again until you made it clear you didn't remember."

"You should've just told me," Camila shoots back, "like, hey, dumbass, we kissed."

Lauren huffs. "I didn't know if you actually liked me or if it was the alcohol, and I'd only just got you back. I didn't want to lose you again."

Camila just smiles. "You could never. Oh, pull up here!"

Lauren does as she says without question, pulling into the nearest parking lot. Once she cuts out the engine, she gets a chance to look around, immediately laughing when she sees the building Camila is pointing at. "Laser tag?"

"Mhm," Camila grins, "come on, it'll be fun!"

Lauren looks a little sceptical, but nods. "Alright, but you do know that this is my twenty-first birthday and not my twelfth, right?"

"Oh, really? I was sorely mistaken," Camila mock gasps, getting out of the car and skipping around to the front of it to meet Lauren. "I think I'll have to return your present, I got you the new Pokémon game for Nintendo DS."

"Honestly, if you weren't joking, I'd be totally cool with that as a present," Lauren laughs, "I still have my old DS lite somewhere. Probably because I love looking at all of my wins against you on Mario Kart."

"Shut up, we were both on the same level." Camila defends herself. "That's what always made playing with you so fun, because there was never a clear winner. Like, it was boring when I was like sixteen and trying to play against five year old Sofi on the Wii, because I'd always win. God, I wish I still had that, just so I could kick your butt."

"My brother has a load of party games for his PS4, so we could always be competitive later, with the bonus of being completely drunk." Lauren grins, holding the door to the building open for her. "It'll be fun to continue my winning streak after this."

Camila scoffs. "Oh, don't be so cocky. I might kick your ass, you don't know."

Lauren snorts. "Don't speak too soon. You'll fall on your ass before you kick mine."

"Two for laser tag, please," Camila addresses the guy behind the counter, an obviously bored high schooler, and then she turns to Lauren, adding, "I didn't want to say two adults, because what adult would be here?"

"Us, clearly," Lauren laughs, and adds to the guy, "oh, and we want to be on separate teams, if you didn't already assume..."

"Really?" Camila jokes. "I thought you'd want to be on both?"

Lauren snorts as the guy disinterestedly hands over the vests and guns, one blue and one red. She quickly pays on her card, and thanks him, pulling Camila over to a little seating area. "Did you just make a bi joke?"

Camila hums in confirmation. "I make jokes about everything, but if you're not comfortable..."

"No, no, it's fine, just wasn't expecting it," Lauren nudges her playfully, "besides, joking about it honestly made me feel better. Like, Lucy would joke about it and it made it seem less serious, and when I finally told my parents, having my mom tease me about girls made me feel better."

"I'm sorry you had so much pent up stress about it, and I wish you'd spoken to me, because I would've been like oh yeah I know girls are so pretty and perfect and boys are gross," Camila quotes herself from the day she came out to Dinah; on their first ever Skype call. "And then I probably would've kissed you since I had a massive crush on you. Still do."

To emphasise that, Camila pulls Lauren in for a kiss, hands cupping her girlfriend's jaw. A quiet moan reverberates at the back of Lauren's throat, and she practically melts into the kiss, and if anything, the fact that they're in public makes this mean more. Camila has never been fond of PDA past hand-holding, but the fact that Lauren is willing to kiss her in public around groups of other people makes her whole heart soar.

Lauren is the one to pull away first, but she sends Camila a small smile and holds up the red gun. "Come on, we've got to get ready for battle."

"I love you so much," Camila blurts out, and Lauren sends her a radiant smile, squeezing her hand. "And I'm totally going to kick your ass."

"We'll see about that," Lauren grins, setting the gun aside and pulling the vest over her head. She taps the little target over her chest and laughs. "Guess I'm red team."

Camila grabs the blue vest and gun and gets herself ready, glancing over at the timer. The current session still has about five minutes left. "You know we're totally not playing for whatever team, as long as I shoot your bitch ass I'll be happy."

"I should record that and expose you," Lauren jokes, "YouTuber Camila Cabello threatens to shoot her innocent girlfriend. Here's the tea! Did I use that right?"

"Oh my god, you're so cute," Camila laughs, grabbing Lauren's hand, "yes, you used that right, you internet grandma."

"I'm not an internet grandma!" Lauren shoves her, "My mom is the definition of that. She's technologically illiterate, I'm surprised she managed to comment on your Instagram that one time."

"Well, whatever, you're still adorably out of touch with all the slang," Camila pulls her in for another kiss, and she feels Lauren smiling against her. Pulling away, she just looks at her for a moment, taking in her beauty, and then announces, "Anyway, time for me to kick your butt."

"I'll kick your butt before you kick mine," Lauren gives her a playful shove, looking over to the two doors, one coloured red and one coloured blue. "I'll be stalking you. Like a lioness hunting her prey."

"Mhm, not if I stalk you first," Camila nudges her over to the red coloured door, "go meet your team. "I'll see you in there."

She cocks her gun threateningly, and Lauren just laughs at her as she walks away. She watches the little countdown clock, and joins the line by the blue door. When the countdown hits zero, she trails after everyone in through the doors and immediately goes searching for Lauren. It's dark, and she can't see anyone's faces, just the red and blue lights on the vests and guns.

Camila yells out, "Jauregui! I'm coming for you!"

She hears Lauren's laugh not far off, and spins around, aware of the other players in the game, but more focused on Lauren. A flash of a laser skims past her, and Camila lets out a battle cry as Lauren ducks behind the nearest wall.

She sprints in the direction of her girlfriend, shooting at random any time she sees a flash of red, and Lauren just laughs, dodging her shots and ducking behind walls and barriers. "You're going to have to try harder than that!"

"Die!" Camila yells, shooting aggressively at the wall Lauren had ducked behind. "You're going to have to come up at some point."

"Am I?" Lauren asks, and the next thing Camila registers is Lauren's gun poking around the corner of the wall and shooting at her. She curses, jumping away from the shot, but her vest is flashing, which means she's lost a life and Lauren has got a point for her team.

Knowing that Camila's gun is frozen for thirty seconds for her to 'regenerate', Lauren jumps up, does some kind of victory dance and sprints off into the darkness.

"Get back here, asshole!" Camila shouts, sprinting after her, but Lauren had disappeared into the darkness, and the room was starting to fill with artificial smoke, so she's officially lost her.

She settles for shooting at random at every red light she sees, and when she finally hears Lauren's annoying laugh again, she darts in the direction without hesitation. She recognises her silhouette, and pounces on her, knocking her down to the floor and shooting at Lauren's chest from extremely close range. She's actually surprised it worked, and she grins down triumphantly. "Pinned ya."

"You already made that Lion King joke, loser," Lauren teases her, and pulls her down for a kiss. "Now get off me, the second my gun comes back online I'm shooting your ass as revenge for you tackling me to the ground."

Camila grins, leans down, presses a kiss to the tip of Lauren's nose, and then jumps up, running away, yelling about her victory and shooting another member of Lauren's team as she goes. "Hah, I win!" she yells at the six year old she'd shot, and she's way too caught up in her victory that someone shoots her immediately after. It's not Lauren, but she's still offended, and when Lauren does find her, it's the second after her gun comes back online, and Lauren knocks her out for another thirty seconds.

Unable to shoot her and get her out, Camila settles for shoving her. "You're an asshole."

"Salty you're not winning?" Lauren snorts. "I told you not to get too cocky."

"Just you wait until my gun comes back online- hey!" Camila's jaw drops, because she can't believe that Lauren shot her again the second her gun came back. "That's just not fair."

"Don't hate the player, hate the game," Lauren grins, and when the loud alarm sounds and tells them their session is over, Camila pouts, "aw, someone's a sore loser, huh?"

"I totally just let you win because it's your birthday," Camila scoffs, "duh. I would've crushed you otherwise."

"Mhm," Lauren rolls her eyes disbelievingly, pulling her out of the nearest exit and taking her vest off. "Alright, that was fun, but maybe we should go do something more mature and suited to women in their twenties?"

Camila pauses in mock thought in the middle of wrestling to get out of her own vest. "Like Build-A-Bear?"

Lauren laughs, and helps Camila out of her vest. "Come on. Let's continue our adventure."

They don't end up doing much; as Lauren predicted, they go to the beach and just sit and talk. They get ice cream, even when Lauren insists that they shouldn't, because they have dinner soon and they shouldn't spoil it. A few fans come up to them, wishing Lauren a happy birthday, taking pictures with them both and calling them a cute couple, and Camila loves how light and happy Lauren seems.

If anything, Lauren's happy mood is amplified throughout dinner with her family, and when they're finally back at the Jauregui household, Lauren slumped against her on the couch, the older girl turns to her with a soft, loving smile. "I love you so much. Thank you for being here."

Camila laughs. "You know you don't have to thank me for that, right? It's your twenty-first birthday and I'm your girlfriend. Does two plus two not equal five?"

"It actually doesn't," Lauren replies, but she lets out her obligatory laugh, "and no, I don't mean it like that. I mean like, you giving me a chance after... you know, everything. You could've easily been like fuck that bitch and never texted me, but you did. You gave me another chance and I honestly didn't deserve it, so thank you."

"I love you," Camila murmurs, "I've always loved you. Besides, I knew you were different just by looking in your eyes."

"Mhm, because somehow you can read my mind," Lauren chuckles, pushing herself up, "come on. Let's pop the first bottle of champagne before my friends get here, I'm willing to share with you."

Camila lets her help her up, and follows Lauren through to the kitchen, watching as the older girl easily pulls a bottle of champagne from the fridge and pops it open. She watches as Lauren pours two glasses, "So... you're going to get drunk tonight?"

"Yeah," Lauren nods, "I haven't been properly drunk in a long time. Like, fun drunk, not emotional drunk."

"Okay," Camila takes the glass Lauren hands her and has a sip; she's never been super fond of champagne, and doesn't understand the hype, but it's okay. "Well, you can count on me to look after you."

"I know," Lauren replies, holding out her glass, "cheers, Camz."

They clink their glasses together, and Lauren drinks hers in one go, immediately filling it up again and taking another drink. Camila watches her with her eyebrows raised. "Wow, you're really trying here, huh?"

Lauren shrugs, "We're celebrating, Camz."

"Alright, but if you're going to get yourself completely smashed, then... can I give you your present now?" Camila asks, sipping her own champagne. "Please?"

Putting her glass down, Lauren nods. "Alright. You left your bag in my room, right?"

"Yeah," Camila nods, grabbing Lauren's hand and pulling her towards her room. "Apologies, the wrapping isn't very neat, but if I didn't wrap it, it was a dead giveaway of what it is, and I didn't want anyone else to wrap it because that's so impersonal."

Lauren snorts as she kicks her bedroom door closed and turns around to face a box, badly wrapped in obnoxious hot pink paper with happy birthday plastered over it. "Clearly your wrapping skills haven't improved since elementary school."

"Oh, and here's a card," Camila pushes Lauren down onto her bed and passes her a sealed purple envelope. "Open that first."

Lauren digs a finger under and opens it up, pulling out the happy birthday, grandma card. She lets out a fake, mocking laugh. "Wow, thanks."

Camila rolls her eyes. "Read the inside."

Lauren opens up the card, and reads aloud, "Dear Lern Jergi," she punctuates with an eye roll, "this isn't going to be as cheesy and dramatic as my Instagram post, but I needed to tell you that I love you with everything I have in through the traditional medium. Happy 21st birthday, love, Camila. You're cute. Thank you, Camz."

"Now the present," Camila announces, and she's basically bouncing with excitement as Lauren tears the wrapping paper off the little black box. Almost as soon as she reads the word on the black velvet box, Lauren looks up at her as if to say no. Effectively cutting her off before she can speak, Camila grabs the box from her and pops it open.

"I know you might yell at me for spending too much, but... but it's kind of like a present for me, in a way," Camila laughs, taking the bracelet out of the box and showing it to Lauren. "It's a Cartier love bracelet. I- I lock it on you, and I keep the key. It's supposed to symbolise eternal love; once the bracelet is locked on, you can't get it off, and... and it's like my love for you. I love you so much, and you're... I know you're the only one I ever want to be with, and the bracelet means that. It means that you carry my love with you forever."

Lauren looks at the bracelet apprehensively. "I- it's beautiful, but-"

Camila easily cuts her off. "But nothing. It's your twenty-first birthday. You spent what you could buying me a ring, I'm just returning the favour. And I'm allowed to spoil my girlfriend on a special birthday, okay? Can I put it on you?"

Lauren seems to consider it for a moment, and after a few moments of conflict with herself, she nods. "Okay. You don't know what this means to me."

"Oh, I do, since I can read you like a book and all that," Camila grins. "Come here."

She grabs the little key tool as she puts the bracelet around Lauren's wrist, fumbling to lock it on. Lauren just watches her, eyebrows raised in slight amusement. "Need help?"

"No, I don't," Camila quips back, finally locking it on and tucking the little key into her back pocket. "There. Knew I could figure it out."

Lauren watches her for a moment, total adoration on her face, and it doesn't change when she glances down at the bracelet. Then, she pulls Camila in for a kiss, and the younger girl can feel the love and thanks behind it. When they part, Lauren buries her face into Camila's neck and mumbles, "I love you so much. Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me, mi amor," Camila smiles, "and I promise, I bought this before you spoke to me about how you felt. But I still wanted to give it to you, because like I said, it's kind of a present for me, too. To see you wearing it every day, knowing what it means."

"I had a feeling," Lauren mumbles, "and Camz?"

Camila smiles. "Yeah?"

"This is the best birthday ever."

camila_cabello: HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY LERN JERGI!!!! naturally i had to post a bunch of fetus pics for this half because it's totally a necessity to embarrass your best friend like that on her 21st but also because we both clearly glo'd tf up and i need to let my instagram followers know that. for real though, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. we've been through so many ups and downs together and even a year ago, if someone told me i'd be in love with lauren michelle jauregui morgado for the second time in my life i would've laughed in their face. but we're here. we made it. i feel like we've both always known that we had such a deep connection, but i've never experienced a love like this. i've been in love before, but this time i'm in love with YOU, and that's the part that makes it so much more intense. you are my soulmate, my person, my other half, no doubt about it. you are my everything, the love of my life, but most importantly, you're my best friend. you always protect me, just like you did the day we met, and i hope i do an okay job of protecting you, too. thank you for everything you do for me, and i hope that twenty-one is as amazing for you as everyone says it is. i love you with my whole heart, lauren. happy birthday. ❤️❤️🍾🍾

laurenjauregui: This entire post made my heart explode out of my chest. I'm dead now. Enjoy your ghost girlfriend.
   laurenjauregui: Really though, I love you so much. Thank you for being the best girlfriend I could ask for.
    camila_cabello: no need to thank me, mi amor. just returning the favour 💕

liked by camila_cabello, dinahjane97 and 20,036 others
laurenjauregui: Thank you so much to everyone who wished me a happy birthday, but especially to this wonderfully thoughtful woman right here. Camz, you're everything to me, and you made my birthday so special just by being here for it. I love you so much. Thank you to my mami for taking this picture which was TOTALLY CANDID AND NOT POSED AT ALL, and thank you to my dad for telling me that we both look post-sneeze here and making me laugh for ten minutes. On a serious note, 21 has been incredible so far (even if I've only really been 21 for about six hours), and I'm so grateful I have amazing friends, a loving family and an absolutely wonderful girlfriend to celebrate with. Time to get wine drunk and really see this next chapter in. 🥰

lucyvives: happy birthday u are the chicken 2 my wing <3
   alexaferrer: the lamb 2 my chop <3
    keanamarie_: the pork 2 my loin <3
     laurenjauregui: Why do I live with you people??

camila_cabello: ur dad has a point this is totally a post-sneeze look
laurenjauregui: Really??? That's the one thing you took from this whole ass caption?
camila_cabello: oh i love you too

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

947K 16.2K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
13.8K 276 28
'Welcome to Neo Nursery!' !Open requests! !Slow update!
321K 13.9K 27
What would you do to fix the past? Meet Cameron Jauregui-Cabello. When a series of unexplained events alters time and threatens all he knows, he'll c...
83.2K 1.3K 33
After her parents leaving presley is a four-year-old who is being raised by her older brothers. There life Gets pretty crazy at times๏ฟผ between there...