Shell Shock (Unedited)

Da Space_Cadet321

Just writing for fun! Please donut take this seriously and just enjoy dis book~ (●'∀`●)/ Note that: Inspired... Altro

Credits
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
A Word Of Thanks
Question

Chapter 3

1.6K 37 3
Da Space_Cadet321

Third POV

"Ahh~" Yannis sip on her milkshake and relaxing, she leans onto the building's wall. Raising her cup again, she misses her second sip, when she felt like she was floating. "Am I...flying?"

"Come on, Yannis!" April ran inside the building dragging her trusty friend along, who's hand was now empty. An imaginary tear left her right eye as her milkshake fell further and further away. "I'll never forget you..."

Sprinting up the stairway, they finally arrived at the very top floor and April went ahead first, up to a middle age woman busy talking to the nearby employees . Dejectedly following her friend, everyone's as well was threaded behind April's desperate state.

"Oh! O'Neil, I'll talk to you in a minute," a middle age black woman spoke up while April stops her from going any further.

"I know that I'm actually overstepping my boundaries by being here, but I think that you're gonna..." She stops, before going up front as Bernadette raised her brow at her.

"I-I actually think that you're all gonna want to hear what I have to say..." She announced in front of the writing crew. While Yannis went to stand besides Vernon who was surprise at their sudden arrival. Vernon gave her a questioning look. Yannis just shrugged, still feeling pretty dejected at the thought of her previously precious "Loss".

"Umm, my friend and I..." She starts off by pointing at Yannis, which caused everyone's gaze to her.

"What?" Realizing the attention was on her, she questioned which everyone turn back to avoid her hard gaze.

Clearing her throat April continued,"Okay um... We had witnessed an attempt Foot Clan robbery at the docks in Brooklyn, last night."

"Hold on, the scanner said that gunshot were heard, but there were no report of any Foot Clan activity." A man spoke up and April turn to Yannis, giving her a determined look.

Finally giving up, she just shook her head and sigh before moving forward. "That my friend, was because whatever they attempting to do... Was stopped."

"What were you two doing in Brooklyn anyway? Was there a trampoline convention?" The man ask, earning chuckles from everyone else as Yannis scoffed, while Vernon gave a him a look.

"We were in Brooklyn because I was reporting, not sitting behind our desks, McNaughton. While I was helping out in the other hand." She shot back, as Bernadette walked up to the group.

"Okay, kids! Who stopped it?" She asks us and April hesitated.

"Well, there was this guy. I didn't see him clearly, but he was swinging... These giant shipping containers and knocking these guys into the river...into the river. There is a vigilante that is fighting back against the Foot Clan. There's your huge story there!" April exclaimed.

"Listen... O'neil and who ever you are." The same man spoke up.

"I think you guys found Superman. That's cool." He says causing everyone to laugh, Yannis rubbed her temple and groan, before nudging April.

"The vigilante is real. I saw him, we saw him." April points out at the both of us and says trying to back up until Bernadette walks up to us.

"Okay, ladies I'm just gonna assume that you would not come up here and tell us this fantastic somebody without some tangible proof," She explains, while April opens up her photo folder to quickly check through it. Fishing out the one with the symbol written on it.

"He-here I took this photo of one of the shipping containers. I actually think that it may be his calling card." April stated showing the skeptical woman. Bernadette chuckles lightly.

"This is nothing, O'Neil. This is nothin!"

"That's exactly the point. Somebody stopped a Foot robbery and left no evidence. There is nothing," April explains and Bernadette stares at her.

"Oh, I get it. You wanted me to put 'nothing' on the nightly news."

"Of course not."

"You know, I'm gonna pretend we never had this conversation. I'm erasing it from my mind. And the rest of us, we're going to go back to work. Let's hit it!" She orders walking off, as April signed and covered her face, seemingly disappointed at the outcome.

*"Told you so."* Yannis shook her head and sighed before approaching April.

"Come on Neil, there's nothin you can do about it now..." Yannis deadpanned patting her slumped friend.

"And besides... You still owe me a CUP of sweet, milky, cool beverage~"

"You know..." April started. "It doesn't hurt being a little bit supportive right now..." She scrutinized Yannis as she was giving her a smug look.

Yannis just raised her shoulder and innocently shrug.

-

"Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in welcoming the NYPD's top benefactor, Eric Sacks!" The announcement went on, As April and Yannis stood side by side in the crowd, while Vernon was doing the camera. Dressed in a formal black dress, April contrasted greatly to Yannis's casual look; a Leather jacket that overlaps a gray hoodie which was paired with ripped skinny jeans and white sneakers.

Her green buzzed pixie hair however, was the most outstanding of them all. "What did you say happened again at the salon?" April whispered to her pissed companion, who was chomping down her food.

"Apparently, the barber doesn't know what's the difference between mowing a lawn and trimming a bed of hair..." She grumbled and April hissed in pity.

"Please, please, please... Sit down, sit down..." Eric speaks up, to which everyone does what he suggested. A smile ran across April's face as she take a deep breathe.

"I have to say, it's wonderful to see so many people out here tonight, especially in a neighborhood so hard hit by the Foot crime wave." He says looking earnestly at everyone.

"Years ago, my life was touched by tragedy. I was a young scientist working with a world class team on cutting edge research...and our laboratory was attacked, set fire to, robbed, by the coward that call themselves the Foot Clan. Several of my employees..." He trailed looking at April whose body turn rigid. Yannis raises her brow, but didn't look up from her filled plate.

"Lost their lives that day. And it is in their honor, in their memory, that Sacks Industries, whether through Sacks Biomed, Sacks Robotics or Sacks Construction, we remain commitment to keeping the city of New York, our city, safe..." He finishes off, as April started to clap along with everyone in the crowd. She stared expectantly at Eric.

"So whenever someone takes flames to this city, I will be there put the fire out. And that's my promise. Thank you. Thank you." He retreated and makes his way down, as the audiences stood to give him a cheered applause.

"Come on," April murmurs taking along Yannis, going through the crowds, towards Eric.

"Mr. Sacks, April O'Neil. You've worked with my father." She reminds him.

"I can't believe it. I haven't seen you since..."

"Since his funeral. It was a long time ago..."

"Yeah..." He nodded before turning to Yannis, who was still focused on mashing the potato on her plate. "Yan-" April nudge her friend.

"Oh... Didn't see you there Professor Potato~" a fake smile was plastered on her face as she shook hands with the amused man. "Sack."

"Well then, you must be... April's closest friend, Yannis Am I correct?"

"Sir, yes sir." She mockingly saluted. He gave off a low chuckle before turning to April again. " Back then, I thought guys were actual sisters seeming how close you are..." Which April giggles to. Yannis unnoticeably rolled her eyes.

"I just wanted to tell you that your words really resonated with-" April pulls Yannis along. "With us, and I hope one day contribute to the city in the way that you'd do." She continue with Eric nodding in respond.

"Well it looks like you two are doing a pretty good job. Channel 6, very impressive April. And Yannis..." She turn towards him with her furrowed brows. "Uhh... Keep up the good work." He awkwardly smiled.

"Thank you..." April smiles back, while Yannis muttered a thanks on the side.

"Ehmm, Its uh... it isn't exactly everything I anticipated it would be," April continues while Eric sets his hand on her shoulder.

"As long as you are true to yourself, your father will always be proud of you."

Which Yannis scoff to. *"Yeah... Sure~"*

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

48.9K 887 47
This is my first time doing this. I might not do this much but hey I wanna try 1. There might not going to be a Casey senerio 2. Have fun with your l...
234 7 13
Just like always it's me in the show! BUT I DON'T OWN THE SHOW- so I hope you enjoy this~ (I own myself, Kit, Sam and Hazel since they're my cousins...
43K 643 43
Rules: No boyxboy. No girlxgirl. And please no swearing. Thanks!
3K 73 68
I'm back at it again with another ask or dare book but this time with 2012 tmnt (ft Keanna (me)) This take place after season 5 there will be a lot...