I need you. |severus snape|

By imaginaryxworld

NEED /nēd/ verb require (something) because it is essential or very imp... More

Prologue: Manda.
1. Familiar faces, unknown places.
2: Special Delivery.
3. Hogwarts
4. More faces
5: Friendship
6: The boy who lived.
7: First Names
8: First Task
9: Dance preparation.
10. An unlikely question
11. Amanda's Dress
12. The ball.
13. The Dance
14. Second Task
15: Rather Frightening
16: An explanation.
18: Barty Crouch Jr.
19: Loss.
20: Amare
21: An entirely new era
22: The toad.
23: Nuisance
24: Approval
25: Possibility
26: More memories
27: Confession
28: The twins.
29: Wondering
30: Him.
31: Summer
32: The vow.
33: Pureblood
34: A peculiar question.
35: A realization
36: Slug Club
37: Lacrimae
38: Bell.
39: Our reality.
40: An alternative
41: Six months and zero days.
42: The party.
43: Cruciatus
44: Promises.
book update!!!

17: Unexpected comfort

3.8K 114 33
By imaginaryxworld

Later that evening, Ingrid sat at her desk attempting to fix a Muggle MP3 player that the Weasley twins had filled with not so appropriate songs...

She shook it in frustration, as she clicked on various items on the Muggle computer. Nothing seemed to be working, soon enough..she had accidentally cracked the screen.

"Damn Magic."
She whispered, slamming the computer lid down and placing the MP3 player on top of it.

"Someone's frustrated."
Said a voice, she looked up.

Severus stood at the doorframe, smirking at her little meltdown. She rolled her eyes and stood up.

"Can we just leave?"
She asked, he chuckled and nodded.

They walked down the corridors, talking as they did every afternoon. Soon they reached the courtyard, students where everywhere. The Weasley twins where obviously taking bets...and some where making signs and chattering in general.

Severus took her hand, her eyes widened.

"Apparating would be quicker."
He told her, before the world twisted and turned in ways it hadn't before.

Soon they where at the Arena, even more students where there. Filius was striking up the band, Minerva approached them.

"Good afternoon Severus, Ingrid. Good to see you....together."
She smiled at their still entwined hands. Severus quickly took his hand away, Ingrid tucking a strand of her hair away from her face.

"We'd better take our seats, wouldn't want Albus getting any ideas would we?"
She smirked, before walking off.

Ingrid expected Severus to defend himself, but he didn't. He stared straightly forward, avoiding eye contact with her.

They walked slowly to their seats, Ingrid rolled up her sleeves. The heat of her robes being to much for her to bare. Severus's eyes flicked down at them for a moment. Noticing a tiny tattoo of a heart on her right forearm, something she'd gotten when she was only eighteen.

"What is that."
He asked, examining it.

"Uhh....a tattoo?"
She replied, squinting at the man.

"A permanent mark?"
He asked, clutching his left forearm firmly.

"I suppose so."
She shrugged, looking at Filius waving his hands with the band.

"Why would you choose to take something like that? You can never get rid of it...no matter how hard you may want to. Even if it folds and creates an unworldly shape....so much so that you don't know what it is...or what it symbolizes anymore."

Ingrid fell silent, she clutched her arm. Tracing the small heart with her finger, she thought it was cute and quaint. And a good addition to her usually bright and broad personality.

Severus never usually acted like this however, he never got nervous...or raised his voice. He was always quiet and kept his thoughts to himself...yet when he was around her, and her only. It seemed so different.

"Severus. Are you alright?"
She asked, attempting to read his eyes.

A flicker of sadness crossed them, Ingrid sensed it perfectly. Yet as soon as they had changed, they had gone back to their formal emotionless glare.

"Yes."
He mumbled, before turning to face the center of the arena.

Filius stroke up the band, trumpets playing loudly in school spirit. Mr.Diggory stepped out into the Arena, proudly pointing to where his son would be entering. Ingrid smiled and clapped with the crowd, Minerva taking a seat next to Severus.

Fleur Delaclor stepped out next, looking terrified as usual. Ingrid clapped a bit for her also, Severus staring bluntly ahead.

"Oh bloody hell."
She scolded, picking up his hands and moving them in a clapping motion.

He rolled his eyes an began to clap by himself, Ingrid responding with a cheeky grin.

Viktor Krum entered, followed by bloody Igor. Who kissed his ring and looked up to Ingrid, smiling wickedly at her.

"Ew."
She mumbled, feeling Severus chuckle to her left.

The boy who lived entered next...followed by Dumbledore. Who placed his hands up in the air to silence everyone.

"SILENCE!! There it is again, Professor Moody has placed the cup deep within the maze. It is only him that knows it's exact position..Now as Mr.Diggory and-"
Before he could finish the crowd cheered, Ingrid smiling and clapping along also.

"Mr.Potter..."
He said, this time he let the crowd go crazy as Severus rolled his eyes.

"Are tied for first position. They will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr.Krum and Ms.Delacour."
The crowd for Beauxbatons and Durmstrang clapped and wooted for their champions.

Ingrid turned around, most of the slytherins where clapping also. She laughed and leant over to Severus.

"Seems most of your students are very fond of Mr.Krum."
She smirked, whispering into his ear.

"And your Hufflepuffs are very invested in Cedric."
He smirked back, Ingrid looked out to moody.

He really was a strange man moody....he was mad as they said. Very mad...Ingrid didn't care however. Figuring he had been through a lot in his life as a auror.

"First person to touch the cup....will be the winner!!"
The crowd screamed at the mention of this, Ingrid clapped happily along with Minerva and Hagrid. Who was seated above her.

"I've instructed for staff to patrol the perimeter. So if at any point a champion wishes to withdraw the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands."

Ingrid gritted her teeth, hoping there would be no reason to withdraw from the task. She was still very iffy about it, and it was the third task!

Dumbledore had gathered the champions together, and was whispering quietly to them. Soon he released them, telling them to prepare themselves.

Ingrid smiled as Mr.Diggory kissed and hugged his son. She turned to Severus, who had a small smile hidden under his usual emotionless demeanor. The crowd clapped and cheered, Dumbledore placed his hands in the air.

"On the count of three...one..."

The canon exploded early, leaving the champions to walk into the maze. Ingrid waved Cedric a quick goodbye, to which he returned with a smile and a nod.

"Now all we have to do is twiddle our thumbs and hope for the best!"
Minerva smiled, looking out into the horizon.

"You betcha."
Ingrid replied, tapping her foot to the bands tunes.

A few moments passed, the students surrounding the staff area talked and smiled amongst themselves. Soon enough Fleur Decleur had appeared in the middle of the arena.

Looking dazed and absolutely confused, Her headmistress approached her. The crowd cheering her on sympathetically.

"As predicted."
Severus said, placing both of his hands on his knees.

"Yep. I wonder who will be next."
She smiled, just then...Viktor Krum appeared also.

Igor groaned and stood up from his seat. (Which was thankfully far away from Ingrid's) the Durmstrang people boo'ed and pounded on the wood. Making the staff seats bounce up and down.

"Now its just Potter and Cedric."
Ingrid observed, the minister leaned from behind her.

"I'll bet ten gallions that it's Cedric."
He smiled from over Ingrids shoulder,
Severus shot him and odd look and then looked back to Ingrid.

"Bet!"
She smiled, and there they sat...for goodness knows how long, waiting for whatever sign there might be.

There where times when the crowd went silent, just hoping something would happen. Dumbledore sat nervously away from everyone, avoiding all conversation.

When suddenly, Severus groaned in pain and clutched his left arm. Ingrid quickly flinching and looking in his direction.

"Are you alright Severus?"
He simply groaned in return, still clutching his arm.

Ingrid went to take up his sleeve, but he threw it away from her. She gave him a shocked look, staring into his usually emotionless eyes.

Now they where filled with fear and uncertainty, he quickly regained his usual look when he realized how she was staring at him, being the smart man he was...

The crowd looked around, becoming impatient.

How on earth are they still not finished?
She thought.

It had begun to get dark, and the crowd continued to happily chat.

Suddenly, an audible explosion erupted through the arena. Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory appearing in the center.

The crowd wooted and smiled, Ingrid and Severus stood up. Ingrid clapping and smiling for the boys.

The happiness was short lived

Audible screams began to fill the arena. Ingrid got on her tippy toes to try and see what was happening, and then it was clear...

Cedric Diggory...was laying motionless in the center.

She gasped and hurried to get out of her seat, Severus and Minerva following after her.

"Oh my...oh my merlin!"
Ingrid's hands automatically threw over her mouth, tears flooding to her eyes.

He had just been alive...how? What?
Voldemort....Voldemort was back...

Ingrid felt horrible, knowing she could've done more. She could've kept an eye on them, as she had been asked to. She felt as if it was her fault, all her fault...

Ingrid approached them, placing a hand on Dumbledore's shoulder. She quickly circled around him, getting a look at Cedric...

Harry mumbled nonsense, obviously in a terrible place. Ingrid placed her hand on Cedrics cold forehead, but quickly pulled it away.

Mumbled voices where everywhere, Cedric could not possibly be dead! He was just alive....and well...he nodded goodbye to Ingrid! Is Voldemort really back??

She continued to cry as the voices around her spoke in different tunes. She felt lost and terrified, horrible to have let this happen. She felt terrible for what the poor boy might've witnessed.

Severus ran over to her, seeing her tears. He placed his hand firmly on her shaking shoulder, feeling the guilt pulsing through her veins.

"LET ME THROUGH!!! LET ME THROUGH!!"
Mr.Diggory ran through the crowd. Ingrid quickly backed away from the boy, feeling tears rush down her cheeks.

"THATS MY SON!"
He cried, lurching over the dead child.

Ingrid let out an small sob, not baring to watch the father cry over his sons dead body any longer. She turned around, Severus was quick to wrap his arms around her. Minerva placing a hand on Harry's shoulder..

This couldn't be...I could've done something...I let someone else die!!

Moody grabbed onto Harry, pulling him away from the shocked and saddened crowd. Everyone stood around, some standing in their seats.

Ingrid pulled away from Severus, the father's screams ringing in her ears.

"Ingrid...Ingrid, it's alright..."
Severus told her, patting her shoulder lightly.

She simply shook her head and ran through the crowd, holding her robes from her feet and running out of the arena all together..

"INGRID!! INGRID COME BACK!"
Severus called, running after her.

But it was too late, she was already making her way back to hogwarts.

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
I low key cried while making this, I hated it when Cedric died.
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. The Goblet Of Fire part will be the first to be published :)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1K 42
It's been 4 years since (Y/n) graduated from Hogwarts and she is ready to go back to start working there as an assistant for Professor Sinistra. (Y/n...
195K 5.4K 40
"I didn't ask for your name, Miss Y/n". "Uh, sorry sir". *** All Harry Potter characters mentioned belong to JK Rowling.
205K 8.3K 30
The war is over, but what's this... Snape's Alive. And teaching potions again?! *gasp* Neville ans Seamus got paired up in potions... 😑 Not only was...
5.1K 96 31
The new Muggle Studies Professor grabs almost everybody's attention...one way or the other...and everyone gets more than they bargained for. Especial...