I'm Not The Flash

By CaitrionaRose11

Team Flash has been on a roll. So far, they've caught five metahumans in the past week. Can they make it six... More

Cast :)
Just Another Metahuman
Quick Thinking
How To Send A Message
Meet The Team
Everyone Has A Past
Create The Plan
Execute The Plan
It's All A Distraction
All About Chloe
Nerves
I'm Barry, Barry Allen
Questions Unanswered
A Familiar Face
A Horrible Idea
Team Up
Mission Report
The Time To Worry Is Now
Don't Get Caught
Complete Control
It's Me, Ralph
Jail Break
Just When You Thought It Was Over
What's Next?

The Necklace

176 6 1
By CaitrionaRose11

Barrys POV

"So what's the plan?" Em asked. I assumed they both knew what steps they wanted to take next, but I was completely lost. 

"So uh, before we get into that, does someone want to fill me in?" I asked. 

"Yeah that might be helpful," Wyatt said. "So when we escaped, Em managed to copy a bunch of files from them and take them with us. We are going to use those against them. And with your speed, this should be a piece of cake."

Before I could say anything, Brents' voice boomed through the room. "Chloe! Get back here!" I wasn't aware that little, quiet Brent could shout that loud. Out of thin air, Chloe appeared back in the room, in the same chair as if she never left. 

"How did you-" I said really confused. 

"With this, Em said showing me her watch. "I developed these when we first formed this group. It allows us to jump anywhere. Well, anywhere I have programmed into the watches."

I had her wrist in my hands, completely enthralled with this device. I had toyed around with Cisco before, trying to develop something like this on this size, but we could never figure it out. I didn't realize I had her wrist until she cleared her throat, and my focus was back to reality. 

"Sorry," I said dropping my head a little. She let out a cute little laugh. 

"It's fine," she said. "I've just never seen someone so curious about this before."

"What can I say?" I said with a shrug. "I'm a nerd." As she took her wrist back, I could see her blush a little. 

"If you two are done, can I continue on?" Wyatt asked. Em and I both just nodded our heads. "Thank you. So, Em combed through them all and boy is there a lot of stuff."

Em agreed. "Yeah, I noticed that any time they experimented on a person, they would record it and save it, so I was thinking we could hack into all the computers and other devices and play them on a loop."

"Wouldn't that just be traumatizing?" I asked. "I mean, think about it, there are probably others like you all, and just showing that video could freak them out." I could see they were agreeing with me. "Or even worse, if they still have metas locked up, seeing this could potentially put them at risk."

"I see your point," Brent said with his hand on his chin. We sat in silence for a few more moments, trying to think of something.

"What if we rescue them?" Chloe said. We were all stunned. The more we thought about it, the more we realized that it was a good idea. 

*****

Ciscos POV

"Guys," I said with my head on the desk in the Cortex. "It's no use, he hasn't used his speed. Even if he did, our scanners didn't pick it up. He's nowhere to be found."

"Do you think we should call Wally?" Iris asked. 

"I don't think he'll be of much help. He's off who knows where with the Legends. Last time I talked with him he said they were on their way to London or something," Joe said.

"Well, why don't we just call them then?" Ralph said walking in. 

"Man, where have you been?" I asked. Ralph really knows how to annoy me.

"I was doing some private investigator work, but my trail went cold. I came to see if anyone could help, but I heard you talking about someone being in England. So, just call them," he said.

"I don't think phones were invented back then," Joe said. Ralph had a very confused look on his face and motioned for Joe to continue. "They traveled back to 1801. Something about the Irish and the French, and trying to unite them. I don't know. History ain't my thing."

"It was the Irish and the British," Iris said. Everyone gave her a confused stare. "The British were fighting the French, and they feared the Irish would side with them, so they became united following the Irish rebellion."

Caitlin gave her a high five. They shared a quick 'girl power' moment, but then met everyone's gazes. 

"I'm sorry, what?" Ralph asked.

"What?" Iris said in defense. "I wrote a paper on it in college."

"Uh huh," I said. "Anyway's, the point is Wally can't help. And Jesse is on earth-2, so that's not happening." I couldn't think of how to find him. Some of the best minds in science were standing in this room, and we couldn't track down one person. I decided to look through the footage of 'Em'. I went frame by frame, but couldn't find anything that could help us. Caitlin walked up behind me and searched too.

"Stop!" she said and pointed to the screen. 

"What?" I asked. At this point, any clue would be helpful. 

"Go back to the other frame," she said. I clicked back and could feel the rest of them gathering behind to see what Caitlin saw. "Now, click back to the other one." I did. Still, I couldn't find anything. Same with the rest of them.

"If you look in the first frame, right before Barry takes her, she has a necklace on. If you go back to the other one when Barry pulled her out of the cell, it's on the floor," Caitlin said. 

"So?" Iris asked. 

"So it's probably still down there," she said. And that's when it clicked in my head. 

"And if it's still down there, I can vibe it," I said taking off to the pipeline. I could hear the footsteps of everyone else behind me, but I didn't wait. I swung around the corner and ran up to the opened cell. And lo and behold, on the ground was a golden locket. 

Everyone else gathered behind me as I bent over to inspect it. It didn't seem like a threat, so I tried to pick it up. Only, I couldn't.

"Cisco?" Joe asked.

"Yeah, I'm trying, but she doesn't want to move," I said. It slid around ever so slightly on the ground, but other than that it wouldn't budge. I pulled out my phone to try and identify the metal, but the only words that appeared on the screen were: UNKNOWN

"Whatever this is," I said turning to the rest of them, "it's not from this planet."

"Did you try vibing it?" Ralph asked. 

"I'm getting there," I said. I took a deep breath and placed my hand on it. Then, my vision faded.

{I could see two girls about to cross the street. The taller one I could only assume as Emerald and the other was probably her sister. They began to cross the street when a car came from around the corner about to crash into them. Emerald spun around, pushing her sister out of the way, crouching down, and stopping the car. I looked around and saw people taking video's, and others running up to them to make sure she was ok. Then my vision faded into something else. It was her and Barry. They seemed to be in a bunker, almost like the arrow cave. Only, it looked a lot happier. Barry, Emerald, and three other people were sitting at a table talking when one of the boy's eyes began to glow red. It looked like he was looking right at me, and then he spoke to me. "You shouldn't be here," was all that he said. Then, everything went dark.}

I must have passed out because a few moments later, I was looking up and saw my friends worried faces. 

"Cisco? What did you see?" Iris asked.

"He was telling the truth," I said quietly. I didn't even want to believe it. We didn't even give him a chance, and because of that, we could have lost him forever. "What Barry told us about Emerald was all true. And then I saw him, with Emerald and three others. A new team." 

"That doesn't explain what happened," Caitlin said, sitting on the cell floor next to him.

"I don't know what happened," I said. I was just as confused as the rest of them.

***** 

Brents POV

We were just talking about a potential rescue op when I got a strange feeling. Not because Chloe actually had a good idea for once, but because I felt like someone was watching. I tried to shrug it off, but apparently, it didn't go unnoticed. 

"Brent, you good?" Wyatt asked me placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah," I said shaking my head. I tried to focus back in, but something kept telling me someone was watching. When I looked around, not only did I catch the worried eyes of everyone in the room, I saw a man standing in the corner, watching mostly Barry, but the rest of us as well.

Without even thinking, I could feel my emotions kick start my powers. "You shouldn't be here," I said. The man took a few steps trying to steady himself but fell to the ground clutching his head. After a few moments, I snapped out of it due to Wyatt shaking me. Now all attention was on me.

"What happened?" Em asked.

"Didn't you see him?" I asked, pointing to the corner. He wasn't there anymore, but I swear I saw him.

"Who?" Chloe asked. 

"There was a rather short man, with long black hair and a button up shirt on. Seriously, no one else saw him?" I asked. They all shook their heads, except for Barry who now stood up to be at eye level with me.

"What color shirt was he wearing?" he asked. I could sense through his tone of voice that he might know him, but I couldn't quite tell for sure.

I thought for another moment, trying to remember. "It was blue. He had it buttoned, except for the top two."

Barry sat back down and ran his hands over his face. "They're looking for me," was all he said.

"What do you mean looking for you?" Em asked, concerned now as well. "Who was that Barry?"

"That was Cisco. You must have left something for him to use as an anchor to locate us," he said to Em. I knew immediately what she had left behind. She did too. Her hand went straight to her neckline and felt the emptiness.

"Guys," she said with a worried tone. "Where's my necklace?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 9.9K 44
5/--/18: #2 in #theflash 6/- -/19: #7 in #theflash 8/28/19: #1 in #dccomics 5/6/21: #3 in #greenarrow She can control time. Speed it up, slow it down...
21.1K 692 24
"Barry Allen. He was my friend, no he was more than that. He was one of the men I loved. Harrison Wells, or rather, Eobard Thawne. He was a man I har...
22.8K 672 38
Y/N Curry had always lived a simple, boring life underwater. She dreamed of experiencing life on land, away from the pressures of life underwater and...
13.5K 373 33
MacKenzie Raymond is back for season 7 of The Flash! What new threats are coming her way? How will she work with Team Flash to once again save the wo...