(One Piece X Reader) I Wish

By WoefulOptimist

A drab day of college results in our protagonist (y/n) getting caught up in some wacky experiment by a nutty... More

Falling down the rabbit hole
CP9 ain't so CPfine
CP9... is fine?
The gang's all here
Welcome aboard!
So, this is what happened...
The 1 Trillion bounty... is for ME?!
Good Charlotte
Doll on a music box
That foxy flamingo...
It wasn't me!
A way back home?...
A reunion and an introduction
Mistaken Identity
Turnabout Brothers
Arriving at Yuina steppe
Stuck with the Kid
"Don't touch my stuff!"
Wait a minute...
Work hard, but don't play hard
In my feelings
Here we go again...
X marks the spot
Over my dead body
Stuck like unstarched mochi
The start of something big
In the eye of the leopard
The peace coalition
You was at the club
A conflict of interest
How to feel super
Love is deaf
Sustain the objection, dammit!
Lovefool
Stay away from the light
"Im not obsessed, just dedicated"
He puts the "coal" in "coalition"
Something about us
Not so fast
Yeah... whoops!
(A/N); AN IMPORTANT PSA
The return of sniper king?!
You ain't convincing me...
Marco but no polo
Why are you running?
Im the responsible one
How and why?
We hit a wall
You got that
Dr. Heart stealer
love is a dish best served hot
If you give a giant a donut...
"Kidding" around
Mission ridiculous
Keep your eyes off me
(A/N); A lil notice
Me against the world
Hellfire
There's a pine in my apple
3's a crowd, but 4 is no party
The pick-up games
Sail away
My honey
Making a deal with the heavenly demon
Wallow island, misery's paradise
Nothing more than a dream
Harsh truths
Nakama means friend
A little birdie told me...
Payback time... sorta?...
A very unfair game
The legend of the dimensional girl
It gets weirder by the minute
The land of dreams
Known unknowns
Operation get out
What did he say?
I smell a rat
The jokes on you
Secret Origins
So it was you
Utter madness
Like old times
Growing pains
You down with ASL?
Ship of fools
Where is my baby?!
Uncharted waters
The land of mystery
(A/N); About this story...
I will survive
Law M.D
Loyal to the bitter end
Tweedle dee and tweedle dum
Not just a spy
A screw loose
Technical Difficulties
Better days
All we do is train
(A/N); CAST YOUR VOTES NOW!
Handling business
Up against the wind
All around me
Only time will tell
The Mere Beginning
Me Vs. The Crimson Queen
The Promising Pupil
What Life Stole From Me
The Troublesome Emperor
(A/N): Sorry about the error!
A New Problem
Unclear future
The Great Bridge

I smell a brawl

3.6K 168 83
By WoefulOptimist

After we took our break, training went to proceed as per usual. I was getting pretty good at my defense, which my sparring pals noted, though of course, my offense was still at novice level. After all, I was playing with the big boys now. With so many people with haki roaming about and such, that was really no surprise to me. 

"Do you guys think I could ever really kick your behinds? I know you two are holding back so you wouldn't accidentally murder me." I sighed, as I took a rag, and wiped my sweating face with it, in the attempt to maintain some form of hygiene in this crazy heat. "If you keep your training up, then of course!" Sabo grinned to me, as he also was sweating just as badly as me, his blond hair damp against his forehead. 

"It'd take you a few years to get where we are at now..." Zoro murmured, as I groaned at that, while Sabo stared at him disapprovingly. "Zoro! Be optimistic for (y/n)! She has a very interesting devil fruit on her side!" He pointed out, as I smiled a bit to myself; thanks for the words of encouragement... 

"Don't tell me you already forgot the cool moves she has pulled thus far! She is able to replicate other devil fruit abilities, create anything she wishes out of ink, turn into ink herself, which would be very useful for defense!" Sabo listed with his fingers, as Zoro rolled his head a bit at that. "You forgot some very important things.. speed and stamina! She may be a great runner and dodger, but her offense still needs a lot of work. She takes far too long to make a move with her devil fruit, and that is something we really need to work on." Zoro went to list back like a strict teacher, as I folded my arms. You know, he wasn't wrong, but I much prefer Sabo's optimism; it gave me hope in a hopeless place. 

"Yeah, I know, but it's very easy to get overwhelmed with all the possibilities..." I huffed, as Zoro directed his attention now to me. "Then stick with some basic moves, and expand upon them. Your illustrate ability seems to be your most used technique, so master that one." He advised me, as I nodded at that. "Sure, sounds good to me." 

After some more training, Marco had actually went up to the crow's nest to tell us that I should call it a day on training, which we agreed on, as we all then went to head down to the main deck, since it was almost dinner time. "I call the bathroom!" I chirped, as I went to then get myself some fresh clothes, before heading to said bathroom. 

Trust me when I say that there was no better feeling than washing up right after a hardcore training session, especially since today was such a hot day in the crow's nest. 

'Ahhh, this feels good...' I sighed to myself, taking the time to enjoy a nice, hot bubble bath, to sooth my sore body.  Since the room was closed, and I was taking a hot bath, there was naturally a lot of foggy steam hanging about. I didn't pay it any mind, though, as I continued to relax, deciding to close my eyes for a few minutes, to really soak this goodness in. 

(Sabo's POV)

After this doozy of a day, what I really desired was a nice ol' bath. My body was practically coated in my own sweat, and my hair had grew more limp than a noodle... 

"I didn't know you grew noodles out of your head, Sabo!" Luffy grinned to me, seeming as serious as Luffy could be, which made me sigh. "I don't, Luffy. I just sweated so much that it just looks like I grow noodles out of my head... which would be very weird if I actually did..." I chuckled, as I saw the chef from the corner of my eye seem to be remembering some unpleasant memory. "Trust me, that is not the weirdest way to procure noodles..." He murmured, as I looked at him curiously. "Really? What is?" I asked, as he shuddered, and shook his head. "Believe me, you don't want to know..." 

...Deciding to leave well enough alone... alone, I then proceeded to go over to my case where all my stuff were kept in, which included my clothes, to take some of them out for my bath. Man, I couldn't wait to wash away all this sweat from my body; It would mean I wouldn't have to worry about Luffy mistaking my hair for noodles again. 

Since I really didn't want to just stand out on the main deck looking like I was looking, I decided to park myself next to the bathroom door, going to wait patiently for (y/n) to be done in there. 

****

I was standing by the door for a while, when I then heard that giant, Kataworry, seeming to be talking to (y/n), but from far away from where I was standing. I could barely make out what was being said... something about donuts, (y/n), and some future.... 

'I guess (y/n) must of already finished her bath...' I thought, as I went to open the door, going to feel the steam from the previous bath hit my body, as I placed my fresh clothes neatly on a ledge, before going to remove my sweaty outer and under pants. 'Feels good to be out of those things!' I sighed in bliss, before going to step in the tub. 

When I entered it, I couldn't help but notice two things; 

one, there was still fresh, hot water in this tub... 

and, most scarily enough, two; 

(y/n) was still in here. 

"OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY!" I apologized, wanting to just drown myself in the tub, feeling stupid for not having noticed her presence sooner. But then, what was that jazz that happened earlier, then?! Is there some doppelganger (y/n) hanging about?! 

"SABO?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!" (Y/n) questioned me in surprise, her previously closed eyes going to now go wide open in shock, as I averted my gaze away from her, my still sweaty forehead starting to sweat even more. Oh, look at the big mess I have gotten myself into!... 

"I-I was tricked, (y/n)! I swear! I wouldn't ever intentionally walk in on a lady, much less enter the same bath as her on purpose!!" I waved my hands nervously, really considering that option of drowning... but the risk of seeing her bare form was too high from that, and we were already in a very awkward situation! 

'Why me? Why mee?...' 

"I-I believe you, since you're not the type to do this kind of thing intentionally... I can see Kid pulling this kind of stunt on purpose, but definitely not you." (y/n) reassured me, as thankfully, the bubbles that were in the bath served as a blanket to cover ourselves, which I was ever so thankful for. Just the thought...

"S-Sabo, your nose is starting to bleed!" (y/n) alerted me, as I blinked in shock at that. "I-it really is!" I gasped, as she then went to hand me a rag that was close to her, which I took thankfully, as I cleaned my bleeding nose. 

"T-there is just something about today that is just... not my day..." I sighed, going to hang my head in shame. What was I doing with nothing on, sitting in the same bath as (y/n), who was also in the same position. If this wasn't high up there on the list of most shameful things to do, then I don't think the record-keeper is doing that good of a job. 

"R-really, Sabo, this isn't that big of a deal!" (y/n) tried to comfort, as I continued to keep my head down. "It really actually is... what am I doing here with you..." I frowned, trying to ponder a way out of here, since this awkwardness was just eating me from the inside out. 

"I-it's okay, really! If I had to be in this kind of situation with anyone, I'd prefer if it was you, actually! Knowing you, you wouldn't even dare entertain the notion of peeking." She smiled comfortingly to me, as I went to be taken aback by that. "W-wait, really?..." I asked, not believing my ears, as she nodded curtly to me. "Yup! You're such a gentleman!" She complimented, which threw my mind into a spin... well, into more of a spin than it already was in... 

"Anyways, I was just wrapping up here... I'll get out of your hair in a second, but you must close your eyes!" She told me, as I went to look at her, unsure. "Are you sure you're not just saying that because you feel pressured to leave prematurely because of me? B-because if anything, I am in the wrong, and should go back outside and wait properly for my turn." I informed her, as she giggled. "Yes, I am sure! Now, close your eyes!" She ordered me, as I went to do just that, not daring to open my eyes until she was fully dressed. 

I didn't expect the little kiss on my cheek that she gave me, however, as I then heard her body exit the tub. 

A million thoughts went to run through my head at that moment, all of them having to do with her, as I just stood there in that tub, my face burning, and not because of the heat. 

Yup, I was indeed catching something, alright, and I am not quite sure if I am able to handle it... 

****

(Your POV) 

Dinner was now upon us, and unlike other times, this dinner time in particular had quite the air of hostility, with a lot of the guys going to glare at each other, for some odd reason. 

"What's all this about?" I questioned, as their attention was now drawn on me. "It's nothing, (y/n)-ya. You should eat up; you still need to watch your health." Law told me, being among the many glare guys, as another member of that group, Ace, went to, surprise, glare at him. "I thought Marco and Chopper were looking after (y/n), not you!" He pointed out, going to very aggressively chew into a piece of meat, as Law went to return the same look back at him. "I am still a doctor, Ace, unlike you." He retorted back, as Sabo, one of the guys not apart of the glare guys, thankfully, went to try and diffuse the situation. "Gentlemen, is this any way to behave at the dinner table?" He asked, as Kid went to snicker at his words. He was also apart of the glare guys group, by the way, but the better question would be when was he not glaring or smirking? 

"Yes, it is! Who the hell is in charge of stupid shit like that? We're pirates, not marines; we don't need to be nice!" He cackled, as Katakuri went to then huff. He was in the same group, as well. "You got that right... after all, you did force (y/n) here to be with you for a duration of time, and tried to be lewd with her!" He pointed out, as Kid went to scowl at him. "What did you say, punk?!" 

"Heeyy, everybody, just chill!" I told them, as I tried to stop this ticking time bomb. These were all a bunch of very strong, pissed off pirates here... if they went chaotic and fought, that'd be a real big problem. 

"You should all listen to (y/n). If you all want to fight it out, do so after dinner." Sanji said, going to be on my side, with made me very grateful. The more people that were on my side, the better! 

At that, it seemed peace has returned once again... well, as peaceful as our group can be, anyways. The glaring still persisted, but at least pure on aggression has been reduced to just dirty looks. 

'Honestly... what was going on, there? It was like they were fighting over some treasure, or something!...' 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 745 10
Y/n is the little brother of Monkey D. Luffy and the both of them always dreamed of become pirates, except Luffy wanted to be the King of Pirate. Y...
186K 5.1K 26
Shy!Reader x OP (slight yandere and will include others but *y/n's main interest is the ASL brothers* ^^) my first book ever so will have mistakes...
18K 653 18
*Editing* *CHARACTERS AREN'T MINE* . Kumiko is a girl with a normal life. Well sort of. She has powers. She tries real hard to hide her powers in sch...
6.1K 303 17
"Ichiji, you are absolutely insufferable!" That was putting it lightly. Ever since the prideful crimson drug lord had taken interest in you, the man...