๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐€๐Œ๐’

By __queenly__

I don't dream, I'm going to die. In Isobel Thornewood's world, dreams are visions of a person's past life. B... More

'DREAMS' TRAILER
Prologue
โ‹† โ˜พCAST LISTโ˜ฝ โ‹†
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Chapter Nine

6 0 0
By __queenly__

Alex opened three big bags of crisps as Noah got comfortable on my bed and Hailey at my desk, exploring my new stationery.

"There's no way that my parents agreed to this," I remarked, looking around at them all.

Alex shrugged. "Of course they did; we're studying for our Chemistry test," she responded, winking at me.

I opened and closed my mouth. "We don't take Science together," I said, watching her deadpan me. "You lied?" I said, pulling a face, "I thought you weren't the lying type?" I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm not unless it's a necessary evil. You know I'm an honest gal, Issy, just like you,"

Well, I'm not necessarily honest. My whole life is a lie. Even to me, sometimes.

"Do you have anything interesting to watch?" Noah asked, glancing up at my shelf full of films. It was nothing compared to Caleb's, but it was certainly a start.

"Yeah," I said, throwing a small budget film called 'Player' at him. He rolled his eyes and stood up, placing it back onto the shelf.

I joined Caleb, who was staring at my most recent painting. I was always quite nervous about my works—most people mistakenly took it for modesty, but my paintings were the biggest source of my secret.

He glanced over at me when I joined him, before turning back to the painting and gazing at it inquisitively. "It's very abstract," he said quietly, knowing that I liked my paintings kept quiet.

I nodded. "I guess so,"

"You guess so?" Caleb asked, smiling, "You painted it,"

"Yeah," was all I said, rubbing up and down my arm uncomfortably.

Turning back to it, he cocked his head to the side. "What's it meant to be? It looks like a...sort of messy sunset, or a swarm of butterflies, or..."

I bit my lip. "It's more so...a feeling," I answered, growing nervous when his eyes landed on me. "Or an experience,"

He hummed, eyes deep in thought as he took another look at the painting. "I like it,"

I smiled, "Maybe I'll paint you one," he grinned in return, and I felt my cheeks flushing.

"I've chosen a film," Noah said, interrupting us. I turned to see his eyes already on me. "'One Of Us Is Lying'," he said, holding it up.

Whilst Noah was setting up the film and Caleb and Hailey were discussing something to do with architecture, Alex joined me on my bed. I turned to see her smiling at me.

"You look creepy," I told her, before laughing.

She hummed, "I'll pretend to be offended so I can talk to you about this discreetly," I frowned at her, "you were just flirting with Caleb,"

My eyes widened and I started flushing again. Stupid, stupid blood flow. Stop it! "I was not,"

She nodded. "That's not what your red cheeks are telling me," She said, tapping my left cheek gently.

I huffed. "We're best friends. I wasn't flirting,"

She shrugged but left it alone; she didn't really have a choice as my door began to open. I silently wished it to be my parents, changing their minds and throwing my friends out.

Instead, it was Rosie. I tried not to look disappointed. Maybe she could fake a heart attack or something.

I love my friends, but a sleepover really isn't the way to cheer me up, especially not because the root of my sadness was the very reason I can't have sleepovers. I don't dream. I'm pretty sure a sleepover would be a sure give away of that.

"Rosie," I said, announcing her presence. Everyone looked up at her and greeted her warmly. Rosie was just someone you wanted to impress—she was fairly good at a lot of things, a fast learner and on her way to a good degree at university. As well as that, she was mega gorgeous, with a lot of confidence but still enough humility to be a decent person. She also had a really good looking boyfriend who had already promised her a house in the countryside. You could say I'm a little jealous of her.

"Rosie," Noah said, raising from where he had been kneeling by my TV. I rolled my eyes—it seems Noah even tries the impossible.

"Hey," She said, smiling. "Can I borrow you, Bel?" I frowned at her but left willingly.

"You okay?" I asked her once I had shut the door.

"Where are those massive plasters that you used when you used to ice skate?" She asked, not even bothering with pleasantries.

"Uh...I probably have a few in my room, why?" I asked, trying to suss her out.

She smiled, albeit uneasily. "Got a little gash from falling down the stairs at Connor's, it's really nothing but you know what mum and dad are like. Plus, Daniel is coming home tomorrow and he'll probably think the worst. I think worry runs in our family,"

It certainly does; I was very worried right now.

I analysed her, begging for myself to find a fault. My worry heightened when I found nothing, but I agreed to find her the plasters.

I entered the room slowly, catching Noah's attention.

His earlier flippant nature diffused as he approached me. "You alright?"

I nodded slowly. "Rosie's just acting a little weird, I'm sure it's nothing," Like me, Noah looked unconvinced.

I found the plasters next to some old drawings and left the room to pass them over to Rosie.

"You're a life saver, Bel. Make sure your friends are gone by dinner! We're doing a welcome home thing for Daniel," I nodded silently, watching her grin and walk away. I couldn't help but think that her grin had fallen as soon as she had turned around.

I stood in the hallway for a few minutes, frowning after her though she had long disappeared. Deciding I wouldn't get any answers from staring at the space where she used to be, I reentered the room.

"Thank god," Hailey said, "you almost missed the film," I frowned over at the television.

"It's just starting," I pointed out but no one replied. I squeezed myself in between Noah and Alex, feeling as Noah inclined his head towards me.

"Wow, Thorne, this is probably the closest you've been to me," he teased. I said nothing in response, feeling Caleb's eyes on me. Truthfully, I did like the feel of his warmth and his scent. I caught Alex staring at me with a small, knowing smile on her face. I blushed slightly but shook it off as I refocused on the screen.

I forced myself not to fall asleep, but my eyelids were beginning to grow heavy. Even the fear of being hunted down for who I am couldn't ward off my need for sleep. Everyone else seemed so full of energy, and here was me slowly falling onto Noah's side.

At one point, he turned to me and said, "I don't mind if you fall asleep on me, darling, I can tell you're tired,"

I mumbled nonsense in response and he laughed, brushing the hair out of my face.

"Just go to sleep, Iz,"

Just go to sleep, Iz. Go to sleep.

I hummed and nodded, not even half aware of my frazzled actions or incoherent words anymore. I snuggled into the pillow and felt as my body dipped under into sleep.

I was sleeping. But I wasn't dreaming.

_________________________________

Hey I'm posting

I don't like this chapter 🤡

Ly all and hope you're well x

-I ship ^^

FABULOUS SONGS

Songs that played when I was writing this chapter (in order):
When - Audrey MiKa
Darkside - Ty Dolla $ign + Bebe Rexha
Monster - Meg Myers
Adore - Cashmere Cat
Secrets and Lies - Ruelle
Ghost of You - 5SOS
Echo - Foxes
Apologise - OneRepublic
Nostalgia - Said the Sky
Stay Awake - Ellie Goulding
TALK ME DOWN - Troye Sivan

END OF FABULOUS SONGS

Date written:
23/05/19
25/05/19
14/07/19 (yep...my exams are finished–14/07/19)

_________
Next update: start a petition for Chloe to actually update 😭😅
_________

CHAPTER TEN SPOILER:

Isobel wakes up on someone she didn't expect.

We meet Daniel 🥳

Isobel struggles in her battle with her non-existent dreams.

🌙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

582K 51.9K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
134K 5.9K 55
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€แ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€”แ€พแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€™แ€แ€Šแ€ทแ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€”แ€พแ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€กแ€œแ€พแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€กแ€•แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€›แ€ฌแ€€ แ€™แ€ญแ€˜แ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€›แ€ฒแ€ทแ€กแ€แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€กแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€บแ€…แ€ฎแ€…แ€‰แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€™แ€พแ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€•แ€ฑแ€ซ...
91.2K 549 23
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...
486K 9.6K 105
violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole life blowing up just within just two days...