Day By Day (Sans x Reader)

By Lollipopswirl99

The monsters have been set free from the underground on your 1st day of high school. Great! (Y/N) and her mot... More

Chapter 2- Found
Chapter 3- Friend

Chapter 1- Sunrise

269 20 79
By Lollipopswirl99

Sunlight hit your eyes as you wake up from your dreamless sleep. Sitting up to look at the beautiful day outside, you suddenly realized that you didn't wake up to your alarm. You quickly turn around in your bed and look at the clock resting on your bedside table.

|6:02 am|

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding, thankful that you had woken up early instead of late. You decided not to go back to sleep for fear that you might actually wake up late this time.
Why did you not want to be late? Easy, today was your first day of high school!
You had been waiting for this day for so long, you just hoped that you had prepared enough to be successful. Throwing off your blanket and swinging your legs off the side of your bed, you slip on your pair of (F/C) slippers and start to get ready for school. You planned on making a good first impression so you planning on making sure everything you did was extra perfect.
(Example being something like making sure your hair looks extra nice.)

Halfway through your morning routine you hear a commotion outside. Wondering what was going on you rush to finish getting ready so you could go out and take a look before you had to leave.

"Good morning dear! I thought you didn't wake up till around 6:30?" You hear your mom say as you walk into the kitchen and quickly place a piece of bread into the toaster. Your mom was in the living room watching TV, most likely the morning news.

"Well I guess I decided to wake up earlier today. By the way, do you know what's happening outside?" Your mom turned to face you and gestured to the television.

"Yeah, apparently the monsters have broken the barrier and are free now. Come look, it's on like every news channel." She motions you to come look at the TV. You and your mother had always believed they were real.

"Woah." Was all you could utter when you saw hundreds of monsters walking down from the mountain. It was amazing, just looking at them somehow made you feel happy and it was extraordinary to see just how diverse the monsters seemed to be. Not to mention the looks on their faces.

They looked awestruck at the sunrise around them, continusly looking up at the sky, and occasionally looking at the news cameras or people, smiling and waving. Honestly, you'd probably have the same reaction if you had been trapped underground for so long.
Your mom suddenly turns off the TV and stands up.

"Why don't we go outside and see them for ourselves? I bet they look cooler up close." Your mom said with a smile.

"Really?! I'd love to go see the monsters!" You said while jumping up and down quickly. You then run back to your room and grab your phone that was charging on your (L/F/C) nightstand. You wanted to get some pictures of the monsters.

Checking your hair one last time in your bedroom mirror, you run back out and see your mom holding out a backpack for you to take.

"Now, before you ask, school's only been delayed for all this. You're still having school today." Your mom explained as you took the bag and slipped it on to your back.

"Ok, so when's school gonna be?" You ask.

"Well they don't really know yet but, they said they would announce it once they figure it out." She said as you saw her grab the car keys and walk towards the door.

"Well that works for me!" You said as you sprint out the door, right behind your mom.

   ~~~~~~~~Smoll Time Skip~~~~~~~~

To be honest, you never realized just how close you were to Mt.Ebbot till today but, it was kinda cool. What made it even cooler now though was the fact that the monsters had been freed from their underground prison there. Maybe they would make the underground a tourist attraction since this would definitely make history.

.....

Actually, on second thought, maybe it would be better if they just left it alone. It's probably better if  just the the small town you were in got famous and grew from that. No good could come from humans messing with the monsters past home. As you finished that last thought the car came to a stop.
You had arrived.

"We're here! Get your camera and hurry, I can see the crowd from here." Your mom said as she quickly got out of the car. Sometimes your mom was just as energetic as you.

"All right, I'm coming!" Your mom almost left you behind while complaining that you were to slow.
You had to sprint to catch up with her. Where does she get all this energy from? You'll never find that out but that's just one of the many reasons you loved your mother. You thought that made her different from all the other moms in the world.

Speaking of your very special mother, you looked around to see that she was gone.

A spike of fear rippled through you as you continued to search for her frantically. You had a tendency to have panic attacks when you were around strangers without her. You needed to find her before you became overwhelmed.

》Your Mom's POV《

Monsters were real!

I was so excited! Not just me but my daughter as well.

I tought (Y/N) all I knew about monsters while she was growing up so when I heard that they were freed, I had to experience it with my little girl.

......wait

"(Y/N)?" I asked, glancing behind me. She didn't answer and I didn't see her.
Shoot.

"(Y/N), dear?!" I asked a bit louder, stopping in my tracks. Oh darn I lost my precious daughter.

I quickly backtrack where I came from, bumping into a few people on the way. Unfortunately, the current of people grew too much and I couldn't go back any further. I had to find my daughter, she needs me!

"Excuse me, I could not help but notice your distress. Are you alright?" A calm and gentle sounding voice pulled me out of my speeding thoughts. Turning to face them, I almost cause whiplash in my neck due to having to look up quite a bit. I just stared, it was a monster.

"My name is Toriel, may I ask why you seem rather frantic?" She, judging by the voice and here looks, asked again, offering me a kind smile.

"Oh, uh, hello. I just seem to have lost my daughter in this large crowd." I finally replied after a long moment.

She looked like some kind of goat monster. Two, round horns poked out of the top of her white furry head. She had red eyes, though they weren't scary in the slightest, and two small fangs coming from the top of her mouth. She was dressed in a rather elegant looking purple dress with white sleeves and she had no shoes. Though, with those feet, I'd be hard to find any.

"Oh dear, that does not sound good. Would you like my assistance in finding her?" Toriel asked, already looking around for someone.

"Yes please, if you're not to busy that is." I asked, gesturing to all the surrounding people. She just chuckled and waved them off.

"It is alright, it's not really my responsibility anyways. Excuse me for a moment." She explained, turning her back on me and pulling out something from her pocket. Wow a dress with pockets? I need one of those.

"Ok, I have called a friend that will come over to help us search. When he gets here could you describe what your daughter looks like to us?" Toriel asked, turning back around after, what I figure, she finished her phone call.

"Alright, what's your friend's name?" I asked, slightly showing my excitement to meet another monster.

"name's sans, sans the skeleton." Another voice sounds behind me after I hear a sound that reminded me of an Enderman teleporting. Ah yes, (Y/N) loves that game.

"Hey sans, nice to meet you." I said when I turned to face him. He had his hand held out to me. Wow, he really WAS a skeleton.

Dressed in a white t-shirt with a big blue jacket over it, I was holding back my laughter as I saw he was also wearing what looked like basketball shorts and pink fuzzy slippers. Regardless of his attire, I shook his hand.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!!!!!!!

The considerably loud chattering of all the humans and monsters around us swiftly died away. What just happened?

Sans pulled his hand back to show a mini whoopie cushion in his palm. His deep laughter was the only sound until, eventually, everyone went back to what they were doing. By that point, I was laughing along with Sans and Toriel.

"the old whoopie cushion in the hand trick, never gets old." Sans said as he wiped a luminescent blue tear from his cheek bone. Interesting.

"You're right about that, not gonna lie." I said, happy to have a good laugh for a bit. Sans looked like he was going to say something else but Toriel intervened.

"Anyways, do you mind describing (Y/N)?" Toriel asked, sans by her side, both listening intently.

"Alright, well, she has (H/L) (H/C)hair, (E/C) eyes, and I left her with a old kind of looking camera." I stopped, realizing that I didn't even remember what she was wearing. Sans seemed to have noticed my downcast look as he walked over and put a skeletal hand on my shoulder.

"don't worry, we'll find your kid." He comforted me. It actually worked a bit.
I looked up at both these kind monsters.

"Alright, let's start searching."

》(Y/N's) POV《

You feel your head start to practically spin as your anxiety grows.
There's so many people.
Your just one little human.
What if you had to go to school right now?!
How long would this crowd be here.
What if someone bad found you?

You stop abruptly as you end up bumping into someone. You both fall to the ground and you quickly look at who it was.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" You said quickly as you hold out a hand to help them up but then hastily draw it back.

It was a monster.
Ok, breath.
Its cool.
BREATH!

It was a lizard looking type of monster but one thing was, it had no arms. It wore a brown/tan striped sweater that kind of matched its darker yellow scales. On the top of its head and tail were a few spikes, but it wasn't any of the dangerous sort. It used its tail and feet to stand back up again. It looked at you. Oh, it was a bit shorter than you and you feel as if it was a kid.

"I'm fine, no worries! Hey, I'm Monster Kid but everyone calls me MK, what's your name?!" Mk asked, a very happy daminor around him as he spoke to you. You smiled back at him as your realised he WAS a kid. He seemed so sweet.

"Uh, hello. My name is (Y/N)." You say, happy you met your first monster and then befriended them.

"So, wanna hang out?! I could introduce you to my friends! C'mon!" He said, the most cheer you've ever heard, in his voice.

He wrapped his long tail around one of your wrists and pulled you along behind him as he led you somewhere.
You decided to let him. Maybe you could find your mom on the way and he  WAS distracting you from your anxiety.

Eventually, he stops behind a tall blue monster. You eye is immediately caught by it's long red hair and fins on its head.

"Hey Undyne! I made a new friend, wanna meet them?!" Mk called out as the monster he called Undyne turned towards you.

She, you could tell for obvious reasons, looked down at you two with what you see is her one eye. The other eye was covered in a dark eye patch. She was giving you two a big, sharp toothed smile.

"Hey MK! Who's this ya got here?" Undyne asked, clearly pointing at you. Mk straitened up.

"This is (Y/N), my new human friend!" He proclaimed to her in a proud voice. Undyne gave you a once over before pulling you into a bone crushing hug.

"Well any friend of MK is a friend of mine! Nice to meet ya (Y/N)!" Gosh, she sounded so much louder.

After she set you down, you figured that she was so tall, she could help you locate your mother.
You decide now would be a good time to also practice saying her name.

"Excuse me, Undyne?" You asked politely, wringing your hands together nervously. You hate asking things from people. Not from your mom and not even from complete strangers, but you had to before you lost it.

"Yeah punk?" She looked down at you again while motioning for someone to come over.

"Uh, well, you see, I came here with my mom but we got separated and I can't seem to find her. Do you think you could help me,please?" Your voice quivered as you dragged out the question, prepared for a no.

"Oh, that sounds like it sucks. Of course I'll help you find her!" She practically screamed. Oh, nice.

"This is Alphys, my girlfriend. She'll be happy to help you out, she's very smart." Undyne said as she pulled a rather nervous looking lizard/dinosaur monster towards her. She was blushing.

"H-Hello, I c-couldn't help but hear that you've- you've lost your mother." She said, you recognized that she had a stutter. Funny, you used to have one too.

"Yeah, you really dont mind helping me find her?" You asked, really wanting to make sure they actually wanted to help you. Undyne, Mk, and Alphys just nodded.

"Ok, well she has (M/H/C) hair, (M/E/C) eyes, and she was wearing a white shirt with a big purple flower on the left side. She's very energetic and she's kind of between you guys height." You explained, trying to think of useful information for them. For the height you gestured to Undyne and Alphys.

"Alright, squirt, let's go find your mom! Nyahhhhhhh!!!!" She yelled, silencing the crowd around you as she picked you, MK, and Alphys up, running blindly into the stunned group of people.

You hoped you could find your mom soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Real quick, I didn't actually have time to proff read the part where we switched back to reader's POV so sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes there. I have a deadline to meet.

So, you may be wondering.
Why did you publish another book?
Simple.
To celebrate me getting a job, passing 70 followers, and to thank all of my sweet readers!! ^-^

I hope you all like this book as much as my Nightmare Sans one but if you don't, that's ok too.

I will update this story when I can but I'm sure it will be almost as frequent as my Nightmare one.

Enjoy!~

Anyways, thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter. See ya!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

786K 47.3K 119
Y/N L/N is an enigma. An outgoing, cheerful, smiley teenage boy. Happy, sociable, excitable. A hidden gem in the rough of Japan's younger soccer pl...
569K 9K 125
You can clearly tell who my favorite drivers are....
123K 7.3K 90
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
151K 11K 60
BOOK #2 They say love heals scars, but Seokmin's scars were lessons-bitter reminders that twisted him into a creature of darkness. His life was a ser...