tired yet? ||cashby||

By catisafaker

Alan thinks he's going to be spending all summer on his own, until his older brother's friend, Austin, finds... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 [Final]
alan's mixed tape
Author's Note
Sequel News

Chapter 15

10.5K 378 550
By catisafaker

Austin: driveway. I'm so, so sorry.

I couldn't even believe my eyes. Staring at the phone for a few moments, I felt my throat go dry. What do I do? Am I supposed to forgive him? My hands started to shake as he texted me again.

Austin: please.

With my head spinning, I pulled a pair of jeans on over my boxers, and slipped a t-shirt over my head. The fabric of it was soft, but my arms felt naked without a hoodie. Somehow, though, I couldn't bear to cover up now that he knew what I'd been hiding. With nothing else but my phone inside my pocket, I padded up the stairs, feeling anxiety in my chest.

My feet tapped against the cool, hardwood floor as I felt my way through the darkness of our house. The air was muggier than I had imagined up there, so I slipped out the door quickly, inching it shut. Breathing in the cooler night atmosphere, I tried to calm myself, but was so afraid of the rejection. What was he going to say? I was so confused, because he wanted nothing to do with me just last night, and now he seemed penitent.

His car sat at the end of the driveway, and just the sight of it filled my head with memories from last night. It made me itch, but I kept going anyways. I was done with being scared. Making my way up to it, I forced myself to breathe normally. He looked up when I was a few feet away, and I could feel my heart stop. Weird, warm chills ran through my arms and up to my chest, then radiated back out again as I felt the muscle in my chest hammer. With a click and an open of the door, he was standing in front of me. The moon was clouded over tonight, leaving everything a ghostly silhouette, save for Austin, who stood close enough for me to make out his features. Shadows licked at his form, shrouding beneath his eyes and lips. Despite everything, the fight and the bad feelings and all the words he had said, I felt my heart skip a beat at the sight of him; I felt myself fall in love.

"Alan," his voice was scratchy, and he cleared it before continuing. "I-I didn't mean to- to freak out like that."

"Whatever," I heard myself mumble. His apology was small, and soothed nothing inside of me. Our voices sounded hollow and broken underneath the clouds and muffled stars, like little flames wearily resisting being stamped out by a heavy, black cloak.

"N-no," he reached out and grabbed my hands, gripping them desperately. "It just, uh, it really reminded me of someone else. When I was 11, m-my older brother Jason died." His voice sounded kind of choked, like someone was strangling him, but he forced the words out anyways. It scared me, and I watched helplessly as he recounted.

"I walked into his room one day and he- he was just, uh, l-laying there." His forefinger traced up my scar, and I felt my heart leap up into my mouth.

"A-Austin, I didn't mean t-to-"

"It's okay." He cut me off, swallowing the lump in his throat. "For a second there," he said, chuckling humorlessly, "I couldn't really see you. I kept seeing Jason..." He looked down at our feet, then back to my eyes. The weight of his words laid heavy in my throat, blocking much chance at a put together response. "A-anyways, that's why I ran away like that..."

"It w-was an accident," I choked out. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," I said again. "I'm sorry." My mouth kept making those two words, lips and tongue tripping over each other as I thought about everything he went through. He found his brother after he'd killed himself. It kept on hitting me as I bit my tongue, holding the words back. He found his brother laying in a pool of his own blood.

"Sh, Alan, don't apologize." He smiled down at me, and brushed his thumb over my bottom lip. The way his lips curled up so softly, it killed me inside. There was no way for me to put a point on exactly what feeling this was, but it felt like there was an uncontrolled fire in my stomach, spreading through my chest and up my throat.

"I wasn't trying to kill myself." I suddenly couldn't meet his eyes, and hung my head in a moment of shame for my own actions. It was a mistake. "I-I just cut too deep and- and, I don't know," I muttered, feeling heat creep up my cheeks. Trying to be strong, I reminded myself that I shouldn't be judged for something that happened in the past, but that didn't stop the onslaught of embarrassment.

"Okay," he whispered. "It's okay. I didn't mean to make you feel bad, I promise. It just, it scared me," he said. I looked back up at him, and felt my heart ease.

"Okay," I repeated, watching his eyes.

Gently, like a petal falling from a flower, Austin leaned in and brushed his lips against mine. It made that heat inside me explode, and I let go of his hands in favor of wrapping my arms tightly around his neck. He swept me closer, pulling my waist in and pressing our stomachs and chests together. Daunted by his height, I lifted up onto my tippy toes and leaned in closer. Our mouths molded together perfectly; everything felt better now. Hesitantly, he pulled away, keeping his strong hands locked around me, though.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked with great care. A 'no' was on the tip of my tongue, but then I stopped. Did I want to?

"Alright," I agreed, and he smiled down on me softly. Opening the door, I slipped into his car and sat down, closing it behind me with a soft thud. The air was quiet, and it filled my ears, like begging to be overlaid with conversation. He joined me, and suddenly we were together in the silence, watching each other expectantly. I turned around in my seat, leaning my back against the door and pulling my knees into my chest to face him.

"So," he began, mirroring my position. "Are you gonna tell me the story?" he asked, delicately rubbing his foot against mine.

"Where do I start?" I laughed dryly, smiling at him. The depression, I hoped so badly, was over now, and I looked back on it as a thing of the past. It was a period of my life that I could reflect on, and I guess that really made it okay for me to talk about to him.

"I guess it started a while back, in middle school..." I began. From there on out, we both just sat in his car, listening to each other recount the bad things, the good things, and even some things I'd never told anyone before. In the warm darkness of Austin's car, we sat for an hour or two, just letting the misunderstood things out, watching them whisk up into the atmosphere. It almost reminded me of the therapy sessions I used to go to, because he listened so well and always had the right thing to say. At first, I wasn't sure how to tell him that I used to have so many issues, but, after a bit, I became really comfortable to just say whatever I had been thinking, or whatever I wanted to say. The conversation slowed down, and we just watched each other in the dark matte of the car. It felt like a blurry, warm oil painting, where I couldn't quite make out what was transpiring, but I knew it was good. It felt good. It was happy.

His brown eyes were swallowing me again, and slowly, awkwardly, I climbed over the center console and nested myself into his lap. His seat was pushed as far from the wheel as it could've been, so I fit perfectly between his legs, sideways. Austin rested his arm against the wheel behind my back, pulling me closer to his chest. Shuffling around a moment, he smiled and leaned his head in the crook of my neck, making shivers creep up my body. I had never felt so at home before, in the dark silence of the car. Only our shallow breathing could be heard, and his lips as they kissed the side of my neck. For a few minutes, I just let everything wash over me, to feel the sadness and the happiness.

And I was okay. I really was.

"Alan?" he mumbled, holding me close and cuddling his head to mine.

"Hm?" I hummed questioningly.

"I think you're beautiful."

Surprised, I met his eyes in the shadows, where I might've gotten lost for all his perfection. It made me feel so broken in comparison, to look at something so whole and lovely like Austin. But I knew he was broken, too.

Maybe our broken pieces were supposed to fit together.

Silently, I pressed my fingers into the spaces between his, feeling him cradle my hand.

"I think you're beautiful, too."

"Do you wanna go somewhere?" he whispered. "We could go anywhere you wanted."

"Okay," I agreed, smiling and kissing the side of his jaw. I could feel just the smallest amount of stubble, and I loved it. My face didn't grow hair yet, and I didn't have to shave, but I liked that Austin did. It made him seem older to me, and I wondered what he'd look like without shaving for a few days; the idea was far more appealing to me than I was willing to admit.

"Where?" he asked. Our voices were so alone together in the night, sounding restless against the darkened skyline, a constant heartbeat for the moonless ocean.

"Surprise me," I said, and he laughed almost inaudibly.

"Challenge accepted."

The heavy, healing mood was gone then as he shifted beneath me. Getting the hint, I climbed back into my own seat, feeling his hand guide my hip where I couldn't see. I felt at ease, though, and smiled like it was a hot shower after a long day.

The car started like a tenacious little growl, a machine giving its best to break the glassed over existence of our moment, and to get things moving. Austin's strong, capable hands moved around the wheel, maneuvering it and backing the car down our driveway. He held it like he wasn't even thinking about what he was doing; he just did it. His driving always captured my attention, although I knew it was because I had feelings for him and no other reason. It wasn't as though he was an exceptionally daring or amazing driver; something about how he didn't know how great he was made him seem even greater.

"Have you ever been to a concert?" I heard myself wonder aloud, playing with his free hand. Austin smiled and nodded, but smiled even harder as I kissed his palm.

"Yeah, a couple," he replied, stroking my nose with his thumb.

"Which ones?" I asked. He slowed down and stopped in front of a stop sign, hitting his blinker and turning left. I watched as it switched off automatically, and wondered if all cars did that, or if Austin's was more high tech. Considering how old it was, I doubted it.

"Well, I went to a Motion City Soundtrack show a few months ago, and I saw Arrogant Son's of Bitches a couple years back when they were still together," he mentioned, watched the road closely. I felt jealous, musing the idea of being older, having my license, going to concerts and having more friends.

"You saw Motion City? That's so cool," I sighed, looking out the window.

"They kinda sucked live," he said through a grin.

"You suck live."

"Your mom sucks live."

"Your mom wishes she sucked live."

For a moment, the car was silent before we both cracked up. Austin was the only person I could really get weird with, and I loved it.

"God, Alan, don't talk about my mom like that," he chuckled.

"Okay," I said sullenly, smiling to myself. Without asking, I turned on the sound system, hearing a song I recognized.

"This is Relient k, isn't it?" I narrowed my eyes, trying to think where I'd heard it last. All the words came effortlessly to me, but I just couldn't seem to remember why. He nodded approvingly, turning it up.

"I've been thinking, over thinking, about how I'm not exactly him." Austin sang along like he didn't know he was doing it. "I'll break my heart in two more times than you could ever do, 'cause you're my dream please come true."

"Cause I think way too much, on a one-track mind, and you're so out of touch." I joined in, smiling and feeling at ease. Neither of us were particularly great at singing, but that wasn't the point.

"I'm trying to make sense, out of all if this, and all it's fading mess, just slips through my grip. I can't deny this anymore, the facts ignore it's all done before. And if there's one in this world, you'll let me know you're not that girl."

"I don't know how I know that song... but I do," I said quietly.

"Who sucks live now?" he snickered.

"Rude," I mumbled, but I could feel how fun this was.

"Sorry, kitten," he murmured, and I swear I felt my heart implode.
Asdfghjkl. My mouth didn't make any words except for the stupid, muttery, high pitched noises, so I kept it shut and beamed. "You liked that?" he asked after taking one look at me and grinning.

"Yeah- um, yes," I fumbled, trying to not giggle. The car had stopped, but I was too busy looking at Austin to look at anything else. He leaned in close, eyes flicking to my lips, and kissed me quickly, wrapping his arms behind my neck and connecting his mouth to mine passionately. Sighing in content, I held around his back, feeling the gorgeous muscles in his shoulder blades as he flexed them involuntarily. His tongue gently peeked into my mouth, and tangled with my own. My leg was trying to move over the console between us for some reason, but I kept it down and kissed him harder, feeling his fingers grip my hair and tug lightly. We separated, breathing heavily in the small space together, feeling each others laughs and all in the close proximity.

"Okay, kitten," he sighed, kissing my nose. "I won't say it a lot, though, so it won't lose its specialness."

"Only on occasion," I agreed, grinning up at him, wishing I could attack his lips again. What the hell. I did it anyways, pulling my arms around his neck and dragging him closer. My lips wanted so badly to be crushed against his, to feel his tongue and saliva all over them, so I gave in. He chuckled awkwardly and pulled away, untangling himself from me.

"B-baby, we should stop there," he laughed, and I pouted. I didn't want to stop, I wanted to keep going forever.

"Why?" I asked in a pouty voice. "I don't wanna stop."

"W-well, we just should, okay?" he said gently.

Sighing, I mumbled an "okay, fine," and slouched back in my seat.

"I just didn't wanna take things further with you," he mumbled.

"You... didn't want to?" And then my feelings were hurt, even though I was unsure if I was ready to do that anyways.

"No, no, shit, I'm bad at this," he laughed. "I didn't think you wanted me to."

"Oh..." I said. He was right, as usual. "So, where are we?" I began anew, hoping he'd forget everything that we just said. Austin's hand found mine in the darkness, two vines intertwining like they knew that was all they'd ever been made for.

"Nowhere."

He let go, and got out of the car, carrying a black drawstring bag with him, barely noticeable. Confused, intrigued, and maybe even a little weirded out, I followed him. It was dark as anything outside, and I couldn't see a foot in front of me.
Everything was shadows and silhouettes, so I promptly caught up to Austin's shadow, grabbing his hand.

"I can't see," I said quietly, and he pulled something out of the bag. With a click, the path in front of us was illuminated. A big, metallic looking building sat there, torn down and in need of repair.

"It's so romantic how you're always bringing me to dilapidated buildings," I sighed lovingly, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"You be quiet," he mumbled, rubbing his fingers across my lips.

"Whatever." I smiled internally, following him towards the small, rectangular box of a structure. It had some faded words on the outside in red paint, but they were indistinguishable, long worn away by time and weather.

Austin clasped my hand tightly and pulled me around back, where some old, rusted machinery sat up against the side of the building, leaving red brown stains on the wall. He shone his flashlight to the far side quickly, just to get a look, but not as to give me any idea what was there. I thought that was very sneaky of him, and grinned a little at how good everything felt now.

"Watch your step," he said quietly, pulling me close to the side of the building. I could barely make out the lip of a rusted door on the wall, obviously once held closed with padlocks, but now sitting ajar. I wondered how Austin knew about any of these places, but just followed as he opened the door for me.

Stepping inside, we were shrouded in shadow, and all I could make out were a few silhouettes of tables, and a window here or there. Not that they let in much light, anyways. Basically blindfolded, I clung to the wall next to the door, my back to it.

"I can't see," I mumbled again, narrowing my eyes in the darkness.

"Hang on, baby." His voice next to my ear made me jump, feeling his lips up against my cheek and jaw for a moment before he disappeared. Wishing I could've grabbed his hand before he left, I just sighed and waited, hearing him move around. Some clanging, muttered curses, and one strike of a match later, a little warm glow caught my eye. It provided almost no light, though, and I watched as it moved, obviously in Austin's hand, to light a few candles. He set them down on a table, and moved something over them until the glow changed colors, from yellow to reds, greens, blues and purples. Illuminating a hundred colored shards of glass, the candles sat and flickered, in their respective places. It was beautiful, and I just stared as my perfect boyfriend lit more and more of them, setting them on tables around the warehouse, then placing rainbow colored glass in front and behind them until the whole room glowed softly, magically. I looked around at the cement floors, and tables with piles of broken glass, some of the pieces more broken than others. From the ceiling some shards hung, tied to strings like a mobile. They caught the luminescence of his candles, glinting and turning slowly.

"Wow," I mumbled, feeling warmth pour out of my heart. "This is so beautiful." I smiled.

"I-it's nothing." He shrugged, sitting down on the floor and lighting a few more candles before placing glass pitchers and vases around them, casting a beautiful light on himself. I sat down across from him, mirroring his cross-legged position, and tried not to giggle out of pure happiness.

"No, it's perfect. Where are we?" I asked, looking around.

"Mulligans Glass Emporium, shut down in 1965," he said, with a bit of dance in his voice. There was excitement, I could feel it. My hands found his on the floor, and interlaced our fingers. "I call it The Broken Glass Museum." He shrugged.

Damn that feeling in my chest, those three words crawling up my throat and suffocating me. Ignoring it, I leaned in and kissed him. He looked so lovely in the low light, like a dream, so surreal. Slowly, I crawled into his lap, wrapping my legs around his waist and kissing him so softly. See, I could feel his lips curling upwards into a smile. Have you ever felt something like that before? Like the person you were kissing couldn't even contain their joy, that it manifested itself into a physical expression? The very act made my heart flutter against my chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my closer. Feeling very passionate and affectionate, I stroked the back of his neck, and ran my fingers through his hair. There were little tangles in the very back, so I just worked my hands up into his roots, holding tight and sighing in happiness. Our lips moved so perfectly, like it had been orchestrated, finding time in one another to gently tug with our teeth. My legs tightened around him involuntarily, and he gasped very, very quietly. God, I was just so happy, and filled with so much feeling that I couldn't help but keep kissing him, and let his tongue into my mouth.

"A-Alan," he whispered into my mouth, making his lips more aggressive against mine. "Alan."

"Austin," I giggled, feeling him clench my shirt between his fingers in fervor. Slowly, tortuously, he pulled away, lips quivering ever so slightly. In wonder, I watched and grinned, that puffy feeling coming over my lips. In the soft pastel reds, yellows, and greens, he held me closer, smiling.

"O-okay, okay, I've got this," he muttered to himself, nestling his head in the crook of my neck and grinning against my skin. "I've got this." He took a deep breath, and delicately moved me from his lap, pressing his lips together to stifle a grin.

"What?" I felt so confused, but he just shrugged it away. Grabbing the bag from his shoulders, he reached in and plucked something out. My interest peaked, and I stared, feeling enchanted and stupidly giddy.

"I brought some stuff," he said excitedly, pulling two cans and some Ziplock containers out. In the low light, I could see it was Arizona Sweet Tea.

"Awe." I fawned over his sweetness, smiling like an idiot. How could I tell him he was perfect? I wasn't sure, so I just sat there and smiled.

"Yeah, and," he opened the container, "some grapes. Because grapes are awesome."

"You're awesome." I am such an incredible moron for him. Leaning in hesitantly, I connected our lips, pecking sweetly.

"Thank you." Under the translucently muffled candle light, we sat and drank our tea, talking about stupid things and important things, and even things in between.

"Who would you go straight for?" he asked, giggling. Popping a grape into my mouth, I shrugged.

"Probably you," I said through the food.

"That doesn't even make sense," he chortled. I wasn't sure, though. I really didn't want to go straight for anyone.

"I don't know. Who would you go straight for?" I shot back, munching on the, actually, super good snack he brought. Grapes felt nice, cold, and juicy in my mouth while the air around us was so warm.

"Your mom."

"Stay away from my mom," I muttered, and he laughed, shoulders and chest shaking. I liked that, the way his whole body laughed instead of just his mouth. He lived with everything in him, and that was maybe what attracted me to Austin the most.

"She makes cute babies, though," he sighed, reaching out to brush his thumb across my chin, and effectively sending butterflies through my body.

"Yeah, Michael's adorable," I said, peering up at him with mischief in my eyes.

"You're right, I think I'll date him instead," he replied smoothly, shrugging.

"Ew," I mumbled back. That was so wrong, it was almost funny.

"You're ew." He pecked my lips playfully, pushing me back a bit.

"You're ew," I replied, so he crawled over me, kissing my lips softly and pushing my back to the ground. Flutters of happiness and endearment rushed through me as I felt his hand beneath my head, protecting it from the hard, grey cement ground. It was a gesture that he cared about more than just getting on top of me, and, honestly, it made my heart pound to think about how sweet he was. Now laying down, I pulled my arms around his waist and tugged him closer, just enjoying the feeling of his mouth against mine.

"Why do you do this to me?" he sighed in frustration, crushing his lips to me and kissing passionately.

"Do w-what?" I asked through his incessant actions, subject to an onslaught of affection. Not that I was complaining.

Austin never replied, just laid down on top of me and made our mouths inseparable. Tentatively, I rolled on top, loving the feel of his tongue licking mine. Quickly, and without much consideration, I kissed his neck, letting my hands grope his arms and shoulders. God, his muscles made me so weak, and I had no idea why. A low rumble sounded in his throat, and I kissed softly, my lips roaming his jaw and ear.

After a bit, I slowed down, moving back up and delicately pressing my lips against him. One after another, tiny kisses were placed upon his mouth, until I was tired.

Rolling on my back, I laid next to him and stared all around me at the mass of soft, beautiful colors. In that moment, I could've sworn that I loved him. I could've sworn up and down, painted it across the walls, screamed to anyone who'd listen: I loved Austin.

"You're kinda weird," he giggled, intertwining our hands in the air above and looking at them with fascination. They almost looked like one whole thing in the dim light, and seeing his thumb rub mine made my heart thud endlessly.

"How's that?" I whispered, smiling uncontrollably as his left leg slid beneath my right one, just keeping us closer together.

"Everything about you... I just- I can't look away," he mumbled. Quietly, I turned on my side and laid my head upon his shoulder, feeling his arm wrap around my back and hold me there. Our intertwined hands lay on his stomach as it rose and fell so slowly, like the gone and back-again tides of the ocean. Cuddling my head into his chest, I sighed and closed my eyes contentedly.

"Okay," I whispered, a smile in my voice.

"Don't you wish we could freeze time?" he whispered back. I could feel his cheek brushing my forehead as he spoke.

"Yeah. Let's stay here forever," I mumbled.

"Until I have to go to the bathroom."

Snorting, felt him laugh too, and both our bodies shook with the contagion.

"Until you have to go to the bathroom," I agreed, biting my lip, because he always made me laugh. He always made things better.

"Michael told me something," he mentioned, his voice low. It almost felt like we had to speak quietly. I didn't want to shatter the glass, the candles and tea, or any of the summer air by not being gentle.

"What'd he say?" I wondered, feeling my mind lull. The smooth candles and their soft glow comforted me. Austin's warmth made me feel tired and sleepy.

"Him, Sophie, and your parents are going away next week to visit colleges. They'll be gone for a week because they're hitting all the state campuses," he said slowly, kissing my forehead. What did that mean for us? I wondered why he was bringing it up, but only for a moment before I got the idea.

"Oh," I said quietly, biting down on my bottom lip.

"It's not like a big deal or anything," he said quickly, sounding just a tad panicked. "I was just thinking, because my parents are going away on a marriage retreat, you could come over to my house."

My heart warmed up a lot, and, surprisingly, I found myself nodding. Something about the way he spoke, and held me, I just felt so good around him. Maybe it was normal to be this way; after all, he was my first boyfriend, and it was summer love. Everyone knows about summer love, how it messes with your brain.

"Okay," I agreed, hearing his heart pound against my ear.

"Yeah?" I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Yeah, okay. Sounds fun." He squeezed my hand, and took a little breath before exhaling sharply. For a while, maybe half an hour, we just laid together, murmuring sometimes. Mostly, though, we stayed silent, having some quiet time with each other. I felt exhausted from everything, my limp body laying against his in the warmth. And even though the cement ground wasn't the softest of surfaces, I didn't even notice because I was so comfortable.

"Baby?" he mumbled, shifting beneath my cheek. Butterflies nipped at my stomach, making my cheeks go ruddy.

"Yeah?" I cleared my throat, because it was scratchy.

"I should take you home now," he sighed, sitting up. I sat up, too, watching him gather our empty cans and put them in his bag. Slowly, I watched as he blew out and collected each candle, dropping them into his bag as well.

"Alright," I mumbled, stretching my arms out. "I'm really tired." I yawned.

"Yeah, me too. I had this weird dream, but I wasn't fully asleep, so it kinda screwed me up," he chuckled, leading me back outside, where the moon was no brighter than before. We stumbled through the dark grass towards his car, giggling, his arms around my shoulders.

"What was it about?" I wondered.

"I... really don't remember much." He laughed. "You were there, but so was Michael, and we were at school. I remember this weird feeling I had, though, like I needed to find something," he described. I tried my best to imagine everything as he continued, and we got into the car.

"But," he snickered, "you just kept smiling, saying real chill stuff, not really helping me. Michael wouldn't talk, and I couldn't find whatever it was I was looking for." He smiled, quirking his eyebrows.

"That's so weird," I sighed, watching the little building disappear away from us. The car was warmer, and stuffy, so we rolled the windows down a little.

"Yeah, I always dream things like that." He shrugged. "I always dream about you," his voice uttered in the darkness. Pinkness tinted my ears as I looked away, embarrassed and flattered.

"Shut up, you do not," I mumbled, grinning through my words.

"Yeah-huh, I do," he insisted, laughing at my childishness, and joining in.

"You're stupid," I sighed, looking out the window as he held my hand patiently.

"Ah, but I am stupid for you," he said dramatically, kissing my hand. It was just warm, good times in that car on the way home. The way our words flowed so effortlessly, and the laughter, the dimples and cool air and the smell of the summer wind, it all took over my mind.

Until he got me home, and we parted at my garage door. This was my least favorite part of the night, but I knew we'd be together again soon, so my heart lifted.

"Goodnight," he bid me, holding both my hands close to his heart, buried beneath the clouded over moon.

"I'll see you in a few days," I promised, leaning in closer. It felt like Romeo and Juliet, where they didn't want to leave each other at the balcony. I mentally punished myself for thinking of that, but I just remembered how she threw herself into his arms again and again, and how in love they were, how they never wanted to leave each other. I'd never quite understood until then, how difficult it was to let your lover go away, even for a short time.

"I'll call you," he said sweetly, kissing my nose.

"Okay," I tilted my chin up, kissing him softly. Really, it was all I needed, that short, sweet kiss. Our lips found such solace together for another minute before he drifted back to his car. I waved, stupidly happy, to him as he backed down the driveway slowly and peeled out to go home. I could've sworn, though, that I saw him wave back in the darkness.

/--------/---/---------/---/-----/:-
Comment and vote, please! I love love LOVE your comments, babes. You're all amazing <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 1.6K 14
The sequel to Open Your Eyes, a Cashby fanfiction. NO SPOILERS, GOSHDAMNIT.
9K 515 16
Alan Ashby is out of school for summer. He's going back as a junior. Austin Carlile, Alan's brother Zach's friend, just graduated. Alan may develop f...
198K 8.1K 15
Ethan hasn't been lucky in love, or sex, since his high school relationship fizzled. Now a freshman in college, Ethan is hoping he can find a new boy...
323K 10.1K 16
Oliver is determined to make it to his best friends party on time and not let her down, but life is making it a little difficult. He arrives with min...