Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
The First Gift to The Bride
Problems- Just a beginning
The (Mis)Understanding
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
A spark
The Zaveri Nagar Mela
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight
The Good News
A Bitter News
The Hamsa Naava
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Kanna Nidurinchara
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
The Fall of The Evil
Doubts and Determination
The King and Queen
The Mahamantri
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
A Story to tell
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

The War Begins!

493 24 8
By Meenu_Panda

Sorry again, I have drafted something and tried to match upto the grandeur SS Rajamouli created.. Hope I made justice. This is just half of my war draft. Next part will also come soon. THank you for putting up with me and my delays in posting this story.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Devasena stood there looking in the direction of the parapet of the Maahishmati fortress where she knew Bhallaladeva was standing. She knew that seeing his son's decapitated head, he would have gone mad and she was right at that. Everyone had already taken the goddess's blessing and she had presented her son with the sword. Now all she wanted was to see that demon of a man's end.

As she stood looking at the parapet, the earth beneath her feet shook as the fortress gate opened and Maahishmati's cavalry came out raking a tornado of dust around them.

"Mahendra!"

She called and Mahendra who stood with his arrow ready, the sword and spare arrows tied to his back, turned to the peripheral and shot his arrow.

On his side, a tree bark that was held with ropes broke out of the hold and charged towards the oncoming troop like a stone from catapult. It hit the first batch of the soldiers, pushing them off their horses and throwing them like dry leaves in heavy wind.

The soldiers who did not expect this attack were thrown back hitting other soldiers behind.

Kattappa who was standing behind along with his fellow slaves, ordered them to attack.

"PRATHIGHAT!"

They ran around throwing the cavalry men with the spears, bolas and daggers they had.

Bhallaladeva who saw this, ordered his infantry to move forward and attack. Mahendra turned back to look at his mother and then looked beyond once before showing a fist to his men behind.

Yelling and roaring all ran towards the upcoming cavalry and infantry. Mahendra alone, took 10 men together. Devasena stood proud in front of the goddess of war seeing her son and so did Amarendra.

Bhalla grit his teeth seeing Mahendra fight just like Amarendra. HE was fierce, he had to give him that.

Slowly Bhallaladeva saw that his army was getting less in number. Bhalla ordered another set of infantry to move forward. Devasena looked at Naayaka and Chandrayya who gave their signals. Kattappa called for his men. Hey immediately using their shields formed a wall like structure and the Kunthala people brought thick polished stones and the tribal boys took a stone for each nd twirling, started throwing them towards the oncoming army. Since the stone were polished and in perfect size, they flew easily and hit the target perfectly throwing men off their balances for the trained army to pick on them.

Bhallaladeva went mad seeing this and punched he parapet hard. His men were equally mad. The cavalry rushed forward like a storm and jumped the makeshift wall trying to land on the people on the other side. Mahendra who saw this, looked here and there and saw the tree bark near him. Picking it above his head, he ran and threw it on the horsemen that had crossed their wall.

Behind him, there were many tribal boys with slingshot who threw small stones at the infantry that came running towards them.

Amarendra from wherever he was hiding smiled. From his vantage point, it was easy for him to look at the every move in the warfield.

At that moment, everyone heard a conch being blown. Everyone turned to the gate of the fortress and saw nothing but a sandstorm. But from behind the curtain of the storm, came a war chariot, that rained arrows all over. Over the arrow machine was a fan made of sharp sword blades that rotated as the chariot moved forward, killing anyone coming on the way.

This chariot of death, was being pulled by the vahana of god of Death Yama, the bulls. Driving this chariot was death itself, Bhallaladeva. He did not differentiate his or enemies. Anyone who came in the path of his chariot, died.

Bhallaladeva fought through the messy army and got down of his chariot of death once he reached the goddess shrine.

Naayaka who saw this, ordered the warriors behind him to stop Bhallaladeva. But he was determined as he walked towards Devasena, with a long rope in his hand, killing anyone on his path. Naayaka who saw that no one was matching up to the devil in front of them, he himself walked towards the Demon.

"Devasena, that fellow has been with you only for the nine months you held him in your womb. Even your husband was with you only for a year. But me? You have been with me for 25 years. How can you leave me behind in that case once he came Devasena? How?"

Saying he blocked Naayaka's attack swiftly. Devasena's face was taking a very ugly shade of red with every word Bhallaladeva spoke regarding her. Wasn't it because of him that she had to let her son go? Wasn't it because of him that her husband who should have been with her for her whole life, had to leave her in that cage of this Raakshasa for 25 years?

With all this thoughts going on in her, she saw that Naayaka also was not able to stand up against Bhallaladeva who was fighting like a wounded lion.

Not wanting anything unplanned to come up, Devasena pulled her sword and attacked Bhallaladeva giving him a bad gash on his cheek. Roaring wildly, Bhallaladeva threw away Naayaka, whose throat he was holding.

"Naa payine Kathi prayogama?"

Saying he took his spear and counter attacked. Devasena in a fast move blocked his spear and tried to hit him on his head. But he held her hair to stop her hitting him.

Mahendra was at his saturation point as he saw Naayaka falling like a dead feather and his mother single handedly fighting with Bhallaladeva. He wanted to rush to help her as he knew that she was still recovering from her wounds. He looked around and saw Bhallaladeva's army surrounding him. He roared and ran forward with the sword his parents presented him striking everyone. Suddenly he felt a something whistling past him and saw that a spear had taken five people at a stretch.

Mahendra smiled. Then he saw something behind him and putting his hands up he caught something out of thin air and with the same speed he threw them on the infantry. One by one, the infantry men fell. Mahendra smiled at his handiwork. Thanks to his Mother and Vathina that they designed these small star blades that could be thrown to attack.

He whistled for Dheera and started running towards the shrine where his mother and Bhallaladeva were fighting.

Devasena freed herself from Bhallaladeva's hold and turned around ready to attack him. But out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Mahendra coming towards them as batches and batches of Maahishmati army fled into the scene. She understood that, somehow they all should make it inside where the rest of the army waited. They could not afford to lose their energy fighting outside itself. And as she said earlier, Bhallaladeva and his ego was the only way to get into the fortress.

And she was the key to the entrance of Maahishamti fortress. Smiling, she punched Bhallaladeva on biceps making him growl like a wounded animal. He looked here and there and at last, his eyes fell on the rope he threw down in all the ruckus. Grabbing it, he pulled Devasena by hair and tied her with the rope.

Bhallaladeva forgot to see the little smile on her face and her submission to his barbaric act despite being a warrior herself and spite of the newfound strength of seeing her son.

Mahendra growled moving forward in the pace of the wind as he saw that animal tying and dragging his mother to his chariot. Sheathing his sword and tying it to his back, he whistled for Dheera.

Here in the cave, Sanga and Arzoo who heard the whistle let out a very restless Dheera who ran forward pushing anyone on his way and reached Mahendra.

"Sanga ma, We heard a conch blowing right?"

"Yes.. It means, the entrance to the fort is open right?"

"May be. But we heard Dhora and Rani garu say kada? That Bhallaladeva is unpredictable and can do anything? Maybe he had planned something."

They heard Aslam who rushed in with few badly wounded people. Arzoo and Sanga immediately tended to them.

"Khan saab, do you know about any secret way that could lead us to the palace?"

"Most of them are guarded as the fortress in on high alert Jannat Begum."

"Hmm, but a fortress will always have a secret way for the royal family to safely move out in bad case scenario kada?"

"Yes.. What is going on in that mind of yours Arzoo?"

But Arzoo just smiled and sent off Aslam who went to the field again to do damage control as he knew that Mahendra would have gone chasing Bhallaladeva. He knew his Ammi. Because he was so sure that, the person who was with that barbarian now was not the person who duelled with him few moments ago. Aslam went and stopped the Maahishmati Dandanaayaka who was showing his prowess to little tribal kids.

"Coward! Show your skills to one who can give right answer to them."

Aslam growled as he blocked his sword from hitting his shoulder. And Aslam started fighting.

There Mahendra straddled on Dheera who flew past everyone towards the chariot of death. Taking an arrow he shot it towards Bhallaladeva who caught it and broke it with bare hands giving Mahendra a very silly smile. Mahendra growled and gave Dheera and tap who ran more fast.

But Bhallaladeva smirked and rode his chariot of death faster and entered the fortress, while Bijjaladeva with winning smirk ordered the door to be closed making Mahendra growl like a wounded Tiger. He jumped up from Dheera and tried reaching for the closing Fortress door.

But Bijjaladeva ordered the men on the fortress wall to use the archery war machine. As the rain of arrows rained towards him he fell not able to reach the door.

"AMMMMAAAAAA"

He yelled not able to do something to save his mother and ran towards the rain of arrows not minding that they could take his life. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.4K 4.9K 31
This story basically a simple lovestory. It revloves around two character Swara Gadodia: ambitious, stubborn and a bit impulsive. Being a carin...
49.5K 2.7K 34
What if there was a twin of Shrutakarma and that too a GIRL? What if she was ignored by her parents? What if she got the fatherly love from the perso...
49.8K 4.1K 48
What if Amarendra and Devasena met again, in the next life, only to rediscover their past? Devasena wakes up in a mysterious palace. Jolting through...
153K 7K 27
Dev and Mahi. Practically strangers to each other. Their mothers, not so much. They are the best friends. Both of their families are not less than a...