ephemeral | unOrdinary x read...

By yoongicorn_93

In a hierarchical society, power determines everything. Those with great strength towered above all while the... More

note
β—‡1β—‡
β—‡2β—‡
β—‡3β—‡
β—‡4β—‡
β—‡5β—‡
β—‡6β—‡
β—‡7β—‡
β—‡8β—‡
β—‡9β—‡
β—‡11β—‡
β—‡12β—‡
β—‡13β—‡
β—‡14β—‡
β—‡15β—‡
β—‡16β—‡
β—‡17β—‡
β—‡18β—‡
β—‡19β—‡
β—‡20β—‡
β—‡21β—‡
β—‡22β—‡
β—‡23 β—‡
β—‡24 β—‡
β—‡25 β—‡
β—‡ 26 β—‡
β—‡ 27 β—‡
β—‡ 28 β—‡
β—‡29β—‡
β—‡30β—‡
β—‡31β—‡
β—‡32β—‡
β—‡33β—‡
β—‡34β—‡
β—‡35 β—‡
β—‡36 β—‡
β—‡37β—‡
β—‡38β—‡
β—‡39β—‡
β—‡40β—‡
β—‡41β—‡
β—‡42β—‡
β—‡43β—‡
β—‡44β—‡
β—‡45β—‡
β—‡46β—‡
β—‡47β—‡
β—‡48β—‡
β—‡49β—‡
β—‡50β—‡
β—‡51β—‡
β—‡52β—‡
β—‡53β—‡
β—‡54β—‡

β—‡10β—‡

9.9K 425 356
By yoongicorn_93

(#3 IN UNORDINARY SNSKAKSNJXAQKKDNDJ)

Chapter 10

Y/N AND JOHN were currently walking to class together chatting. Seraphina was skipping class as usual, leaving just the two. The hallway was mostly isolated since most of the students were already in class. Because of this, Y/N and John nearly shat themselves when Isen decided to pop out of nowhere.

"John!" He called out excitedly.

Guess I'm invisible.

"Isen?" John looked around before pointing at himself. "You talking to me?" He wasn't sure why a high tier was talking to him since they usually only ignore his presence.

"You're John, aren't you? Listen, the school newspaper is writing an article about the life of a low tier and we want it to be as accurate as possible. So I need to ask you a few questions."

To Y/N, this sounded like a way for Isen to pry information about John. On the other hand, she could just be misreading the situation, and there actually is an article being written. She wasn't sure which was the correct answer.

"Okay, sure! I'd love to help! Can we do it later, I have class right now-"

Isen stared blankly at John before laughing, "Ha, that's a good one. Let's go."

"Yep, let's go buddies." Y/N skipped alongside them, smiling.

"Cool, you're coming too Y/N?" John asked, happy a friend was there to keep him company.

Isen frowned, "This is a private interview-"

"I hang around John a lot, so I know quite a bit of information about low tiers that can help you with your article," She interrupted. There was no way she would let John go in there by himself. It's not that she didn't expect him to be able to defend hinself, but Isen was a high tier, and one that was working under Arlo at that.

"It's supposed to be a one on one-"

"Then I won't talk unless you give me a question. It will be like I'm not even there. At least let me come to watch," Her voice was soft, but her expression said otherwise.

Isen gulped, remembering how Blyk had told him how Y/N had almost beat up Arlo. She was not someone to mess with and get on their bad side. "I guess so. The more the merrier, hahaha." He laughed unevenly.

"Great!"

The three entered an empty classroom where Isen gestured them to sit in two seats across from him.

"Thank you two for coming. Please have a seat," He stated formally.

"I didn't have a choice. You basically dragged me here." John deadpanned.

"Alright, I know, I know. Anyways I want you to know that this article is to shed light on low tiers, so speak your mind and don't hold back. Full honesty is encouraged. Same goes for you Y/N."

"Wow..that's really generous of you," John said in awe, not used high tiers showing kindness to low tiers.

"So John, where are you from?"

"New Bostin."

"Woah, that's pretty damn far from here! Is that where you went to school before you came here?"

John waved his hands in dismay, "Nono, you misunderstood. I've been home schooled my entire life. This is the first real school I've been to."

"And you, Y/N?"

"Edgewood Middle School," She answered automatically without thinking like a fucking idiot. Damn it! I wasn't supposed to say that. Good going Y/N.

"Middle School?" Isen rose an eyebrow. "If the last school you went to was a middle school, and you're a third year here, what did you do for your first two years of high school?"

"I was home schooled," She stated simply. It wasn't a lie or the truth in some views, but not like she had to tell him anyways. The way she answered the question was firm, letting him know she didn't want to dig into it further.

"Understood." Isen got the message and turned back to John. "So what made you decided to switch?"

"I've always wanted to see what a real school was like. My dad was overprotective, so I didn't get a chance until recently."

"That makes sense. How would you describe your experience here at Wellston?" He inquired.

John glanced down at the table silently at the question. "It's pretty awful to say the least. To put it simply, we low tiers have no rights. We can defend ourselves and every corner is a danger zone, so we have to always be cautious. We can't do what we want to say what we think. Even one run in can take us out for days or weeks."

"Wow, sounds rough," Isen sympathized, yet sounded uninterested. He looked to be writing notes on his pad, but in reality was just doodling. "What do you do to survive this lifestyle?"

"We usually-"

"No. I meant you specifically."

"Ah, well I usually tend to stay at the edge of the halls. Try to not draw any needed attention to myself, you know? Overall, I just stay quiet and out of trouble."

Even Y/N could see the faults in Johns statement. Just a while ago he was beating up a bully in the hallway.

"If I could suggest one thing to put in the article, it would be, 'We should all accept each other's differences because no one deserves to be treated like-"

"Hold on," Isen stood up from his seat abruptly, leaning intimadingly over the dark haired boy, "Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. I still have a few questions for you."

John looked unsure, but nodded anyways. "How did you come to pick Wellston as your final choice?"

"I wanted to get into a top school. They have one of the best academic programs in the nation.."

"How ambitious! Then you must've known Wellston is also one of the top schools ability wise. It's risky for a cripple like you to come here, yet you still did?"

The fuck is wrong with him? He suddenly got more aggressive.

"I assumed academics would take precedent over fighting."

You and me both John, you and me both.

Isen continued, "That's short sighted of you, but I guess that makes sense since you haven't been exposed to this sort of thing before. Still, you said your father was overprotective. Didn't he warn you about this beforehand? How did you manage to convince him to let you move here? See, if it were me, I would've enrolled you in a school close to home first for a trial run. Unless that is what he did, but something went wrong and you came here-"

"Isen!" John jolted from his chair, grabbing Isen's shirt angrily. "What kind of bullshit are you pulling? I came here to talk about the struggles of a low tier, not for you to go into my personal life!"

There it was, the same dark tone and commanding presence. It made Y/N wonder how he could have such two different sides.

The author snorted, "Like you're one to talk-ah!" The author yelped as a fist knocked her away.

Y/N made no action to stop her friend, for Isen deserved this for going too far with the questions. The said orange haired boy's eyes began to glow, signaling his ability was in use. He sneered, "You're so lucky Seraphina has your back." Grabbing onto John's wrist tightly, Y/N became alert when she noticed John was about to have his wrist broken.

Using her speed, she appeared directly next to the two, prying Isen's hand off of John's wrist with ease. She glared coldly into Isen's eyes, voice low, "What do you think you're doing to my friend?"

Shit! I forgot Y/N was still here! Isen panicked.

"You really could've broken his wrist there. Then we would've had a problem." Her grip on his hand was beginning to burn as he struggled to remove it. This is the strength of someone who broke through Arlo's barrier! However, one strange thing he noticed was that despite her ability being in use, only her left eye was glowing while her right eye stayed a dormant F/C.

"S-sorry! I got carried away. Won't happen again!" He squeaked.

"Hmph." She huffed, releasing her grip from his hand. Her eye lost its glow as Isen rubbed his sore hand in relief.

"Thank you so much for letting us help with your little interview." Sarcasm oozed from her voice.

"I should be the one thanking you guys. Hahah, see you around!" Isen yeeted himself out of the classroom in a hurry, presumably because Y/N terrified him.

"Thanks Y/N. You didn't have to do that."

"No problem. He was getting on my nerves anyways," Y/N shrugged.

John said, "Now that I think about it, you're actually pretty scary."

She hummed. "You think so?"

-

Tak.

Tak. Tak.

Tak.

Isen typed away furiously on the computer while his friend who sat next to him, Blyke, was ready to blast off his hands. He had been hearing the repetitive sound of keyboard clicking for the past hour, something he swore was driving him insane.

"EURIKA!!" Isen shot up from his chair, yelling victoriously.

"What now Isen? You've already showed me that stuff about John half an hour ago," Blyke rubbed his eyes in annoyance.

"Check this out!" He pointed to a picture of Y/N in her old class. "That's Y/N from three years ago in middle school!"

"Why the fuck are you stalking her now too? I know she's hot, but still. That's just creepy man. Why are you even looking her up?"

Just as Isen was about to answer, he remembered Arlo threatening him not to tell anyone. He didn't feel like dying, so he replied, "None of your business. Don't you have an essay due tomorrow?"

Blyke stared at him blankly before going back to his seat. "Fucking weirdo."

The two froze, hearing the scarily familiar yell directed towards them. It was the librarian.

"YOU TWO AGAIN?!"

-

Arlo sat stone faced across from Isen, who held a collection of files and papers he had gathered to present.

"It's been a while. I'm expecting good information from you." Arlo informed.

"Yep. Got your info right here." He laid the stack of papers on the table as he began his report. "For the last few days I've been trailing John and closed things off with an interview. The only info he was willing to disclose about himself was that he was home schooled and has no ability. He was reluctant to speak about himself, even then his answers were hypocritical. None of his previous actions matched his words. I first thought he was just an idiot, but he got defensive when I mentioned his past, pulling a complete 180!"

Isen then proceeded to show Arlo the picture he found of John when he was still at New Bostin. Arlo examined it, thinking how John had looked almost unrecognizable.

"With this in mind, let's re-assess his actions. He doesn't care where he walks or bumps into, he speaks casually to high tiers without a second thought, and starts fights with whomever he chooses. If it weren't for the fact that he claims he's a cripple, I'd think he has an ability. Don't you agree?"

Arlo ignored the question, and asked his own. "What did you find on Y/N?"

Mischievous little stars appeared in Isen's eyes as he pulled out a separate pile of papers, "This is the interesting part."

"You see, while I was interviewing John, I asked Y/N what school she went to before Wellston. She told me Edgewood Middle School, but it looked as though she didn't mean to say it, making me come to the conclusion that she is also hiding some secret. I managed to find this picture of her in her last year of middle school."

Isen slid the picture to Arlo, who observed it. In the picture, Y/N's face was stone, no smile or any trace of emotion found; a complete contrast to everyone around her. It was different than what Arlo was used to seeing. Usually Y/N was seen around school laughing about some dumb shit with Seraphina and John. Other than that, she was still decently expressive.

However, the Y/N in this picture looked like she'd your kidneys for dinner if you so much as bump shoulders with her.

"Pretty different, isn't it?" Isen pointed out. "If you give me some more time, I promise I can found out everything-"

Arlo cut him off by tearing the photos in half. Isen internally frekaed, thinking he did something wrong.

"You've done enough Isen," eyes slightly glowing to give off an uneccessary dramatic effect.

"I'll be taking it from here."

•••

I was so triggered cause I was just about finished the chapter and my phone just restarted and it didn't save. Then I spent the next hour rewriting it sijdbejsjbs.

Also like we're already past 1.5k views already?? Like?? U guys are?? Amazing???

Question: what's your favorite pun?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.5K 33
It's been almost a year and a half since John's old friend Ash had moved to america for her fathers job, she left at the wrong time as a week latter...
3.1K 91 73
DISCLAIMER: I do not own unordinary as it belongs to uru-chan. this is just a fanfic. 2 students enroll in Wellston, One who is a cripple who is rela...
8.8K 319 24
It's just a normal day at Wellston when John's long lost sister shows up. She was taken by their mother so she could be trained and master her abilit...
54.3K 1.1K 23
It is senior year in the world of unOrdinary, and everything seems to be going well. New relationships are sprouting, and so is jealousy and rumors t...