I need you. |severus snape|

By imaginaryxworld

NEED /nēd/ verb require (something) because it is essential or very imp... More

Prologue: Manda.
1. Familiar faces, unknown places.
2: Special Delivery.
3. Hogwarts
4. More faces
5: Friendship
6: The boy who lived.
7: First Names
8: First Task
9: Dance preparation.
10. An unlikely question
11. Amanda's Dress
12. The ball.
13. The Dance
14. Second Task
16: An explanation.
17: Unexpected comfort
18: Barty Crouch Jr.
19: Loss.
20: Amare
21: An entirely new era
22: The toad.
23: Nuisance
24: Approval
25: Possibility
26: More memories
27: Confession
28: The twins.
29: Wondering
30: Him.
31: Summer
32: The vow.
33: Pureblood
34: A peculiar question.
35: A realization
36: Slug Club
37: Lacrimae
38: Bell.
39: Our reality.
40: An alternative
41: Six months and zero days.
42: The party.
43: Cruciatus
44: Promises.
book update!!!

15: Rather Frightening

3.9K 111 37
By imaginaryxworld

The news had just reached Ingrid...And she was absolutely shocked. How could someone so cruel kill a man who did absolutely nothing to them..

Or at least she thought that..he could've done something to someone. Ingrid hadn't known Barty Crouch Sr, but had seen his son strolling about Diagon alley once in awhile.

This time there wasn't a three day break...the next task was a day away. And Ingrid had the sinking feeling that things where going to go horribly wrong..

She pulled herself off of her bed, preparing to go mark some of the worksheets the students had filled out in the morning. But the feeling wouldn't leave her alone..

She needed to talk to someone.

She gathered her things and decided to go down to the dungeons, it wouldn't hurt to at least speak for a moment. As he had that afternoon long ago, before the first task...

Before all this.

She walked through the corridors and down the stairs, before promptly running straight into someone..

"Ooh dear I'm sorry-!"
She said, blinking a few times to adjust to the area again.

Severus stood stiffly in front of her, looking concerned.

"Ingrid? What are you doing out?"
He asked, examining her as she picked up her dropped books.

"I was bored."
She said, looking at the ground.

Severus raised his eyebrows, she blushed and rolled her eyes.

"Fine! I didn't feel like being alone so-I went to talk to..Minerva."
She exclaimed, Severus smirked and crossed his arms.

"FINE!! I went to talk with you, Happy?"
She asked, frowning.

"Actually. Yes. I was going to get that book to give you anyway, come..we will take a walk."
He strode away, Ingrid following closely after him.

"Correct me if I am wrong..your parents owned 'Richards Muggle Objects.' ?"
He asked, allowing Ingrid to catch up.

"Yes, after my great grandfather."
She smiled, looking at each portrait as they walked by.

"Mhmm. I have been inside a few times, but I do not recall seeing you."
He observed, as they continued to walk.

"You probably saw my sister then."
She replied, smile fading.

"Oh? What does your sister look like?"

"She had brown hair and green eyes. She was very tall..probably even taller than you."
Ingrid observed, sadly smiling at the thought of her missing sister.

"Oh. I did see her..she was not very polite."
He chuckled, strolling down the stairs.

"She never was..not to Slytherins. Nor to Muggleborns."

"I'm sure she was..or is a wonderful woman. As you are."
He nodded slightly in her direction, she quickly feeling a small blush creep across her features.

"I hope she is."
Ingrid smiled, tucking her hair back in a ponytail.

It was silent between the two for a moment, Severus began reprimanding students to get in their dormitory's as they walked by.

"How about your family?"
Ingrid asked, shifting her books to balance on her hip.

"They're long gone."
He mumbled, Ingrid bit her lip..regretting saying anything.

"I apologize."
She responded, as they continued to walk down the gigantic staircase.

"Don't. I brought the subject up."
He exclaimed, Ingrid lowered her eyebrows.

She had never met a man who turned the blame on himself, let alone even thought of her as more than just..Ingrid. She never was that 'Wonderful' or 'Gorgeous' woman that her sister was, but with him she felt she was.

If only he knew..that feeling would soon evaporate. Leaving Ingrid with a shattered heart, once more.

Well maybe it would be better if he wasn't so handsome all the time.
Good godric Ingrid calm down!

Severus stiffly chuckled, Ingrid's eyes widened.

"Did I say that outloud?"
She asked, anxiously.

"Hmm? I was laughing at this terrible essay."
He replied holding out a piece of parchment, Ingrid blushed and looked down at her feet.

"Nothing."
She exclaimed, he shrugged and continued to walk.

Soon they reached the dungeons, and Ingrid's nervous feeling about the tournament continued to increase.

"So...I suppose you heard about Crouches death?"
She asked, twiddling her fingers.

"Yes. I have, quite tragic."
He shook his head.

"Well I was...worried, what if that happens to one of the students? And what if.....Voldemort has something to do with it."
Ingrid couldn't help herself, it had been all she was thinking since the incident. And she cursed herself for it, but she knew it was a question that needed to be answered.

"DON'T. Say his name..."
Severus said, closing his eyes for a brief moment.

"Oh-I apologize...I would just feel so guilty if something happened to a student under our supervision."
She explained, Severus opened the potions room door.

"I suppose. I choose not to think about it however, or discuss it."
He strolled in and placed the pamphlet of student parchments on his desk.

"Mhmm."
She replied, squinting.

He took the book from the top of his desk, looked down at it and back at her. He walked towards her hand held it out for her to take, she looked down at it and grabbed it.

Suddenly, memories flashed through her head. Memories of her being happy, memories of her crying about her father leaving...her mother dying...and her sister running away. Memories of meeting Severus, dancing. She silenced this, pushing these thoughts out of her head.

Her eyes widened, taking her wand solemnly from her sleeve.

"Where you in my head?"
She asked, lowered eyebrows.

He paused, smirking slightly.

"Perhaps."

"Why?!? When did I give you permission to see that-?"
She asked, her blue eyes narrowed in anger.

She didn't want him to know that about her, not yet..not when she wasn't even sure if he cared for her.

"I suppose you did not. I apologize..but it is not my fault you are vulnerable."

Vulnerable?!?
This git!

"I'm afraid none of what you saw was your business. And excuse me for not closing myself away from everyone twenty four seven! Like you do."

"Unlike you Ingrid, I have a reason to. As do you if you feel so strongly about those memories.."

"Really nice Severus. Really."

"I'm glad you feel that way Amanda."
He said, sarcastically.

AMANDA?!?

Before she could stop herself, she had already turned around. Pointing her wand and shouting

"Legilimens!"

Soon she was inside of his head...she watched him speak to a little girl with red hair, she saw her defending him...she saw him crying outside of the Gryffindor common room..she listened as a familiar little girl with a pixie cut came to comfort him. She saw him speak briefly to Amanda, not for very long..and then she watched him being hung upside down from a tree..with people chanting a terrible nickname.

She watched him meet her...save her the way he did...

"STOP!"
He bellowed, before pushing her out of his memories.

She screamed and hit the wall, hard. Groaning, she stood abruptly...He stood in the corner of the room hands raised to his ears.

"Damn it..."
She gasped for air, rubbing her now bruised shoulder.

He walked over to her, grabbing her shoulder and pulling her close enough to whisper in her ear.

"Leave. Now."
He scolded, pointing his index finger dangerously at her chest.

Ingrid quickly grabbed her dropped objects and rushed out of the room.

Holding back tears.

-AN-
Dramaaaa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269 0 24
*A Harry Potter Fanfiction.* It was supposed to be easy. It technically is easy. Except. Except. He's Harry Potter, and nothing in his life is ever e...
66.5K 1.6K 36
(Y/n) (L/n) was just an 'ordinary' girl who is trying to fit in with her house, (y/h), at Hogwarts. Both her parents are muggles who never wanted a c...
1.7K 85 22
"The war is cruel, they say. War needs sacrifices. Fair enough, she thought." Declaimer: I do not own anything from the books and movies about Harry...
246K 7K 53
***Currently re editing *** After Y/N family was taken in a serious accident she had to learn to be alone. When she starts learning some unhealthy co...